• Cart Raider 100
Glewen

Xaumeric

Rupert Part-time Decayed

ThePheonixLotus

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

User ImageUser Image

HEALTH 」Wounded, Right Leg. Knife wound left side.「 LOCATION 」Truck bed

Wolf's vision came and went. The black edges of unconciouaness had mostly taken over by the time his body had felt the cold metal of the truck. He couldn't even remember being helped up into it. The blood loss was worse than he had thought. Then again it didn't help that he had cut his palm in order to draw in the infected either. The sounds of the kids arguing placed a small smile upon his face, but it didn't stay. The adrenaline that had been keeping all the pain at bay was finally dwindling. Scenes of death, both before and after the infected where now playing with his mind. It wasn't until the girl had offered him medicine that he even realized someone had been talking to him. "No, the pain will subside soon." he muttered, but that was all he could manage. Wolf closed his eyes and finally gave into the demons that haunted his dreams. At least for now they would have heir way.

OOC; We should time skip now, then everyone can just catch up in their posts, and we will all have something more to respond too.

Blessed Loiterer

User Image
'Not everyone knows how work for a livin'...
"ℓincoln мarkus נя."

Lincoln kept a wide grin on his chin, he watched the child act as if he wasn't able to get the candy bar he wanted, but none the less, Lincoln started the truck and shouted to everyone aboard. "Speeds I am going we'll be on the farm in about fifteen minutes. Hold on to your hats boys n girls." Lincoln grinned, he grabbed onto the steering wheel firmly and backed out of the dead growth and out onto the broken pavement, he faced opposite the city and put the pettle to the metal, driving towards open farm land.

~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~

Lincoln hopped out of the car and looked to Ghost, tossing her a large key ring. A small grin appeared on his, "I wanna check on the animals, get Miss Piggie ready for dinner. Key to the house is the cleanest one there." Lincoln nodded his head and walked to the barn, opening the door and looking inside. Dark, just the way he left it, he turned on the lantern nearest to the door. The room was illuminated by a bright yellow, flickering. Lincoln walked in to hear his animals in somewhat good shape. Lincoln walked to the Pig Pen, he smiled to see Miss Piggie and Kermit sitting in the pen. Lincoln clicked his tongue, he changed his mind, Kermit was off to the oven, Miss Piggie already seemed to be pregnant. So to have more pigs would be good. Lincoln leashed the pig and walked him back to the house, he tied him to the porch and made sure to get everyone comfortable.

ThePheonixLotus

Xaumeric

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Genetic Genocide

Glewen

... But now, you gotta work to survive.'

Timid Shapeshifter

3,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

Health: Selene: Rather Good - Jake: Injured right shoulder.

Jake wasn't sure what it was about the drive in, but he wasn't feeling very comfortable with the driver... even if he was the farm owner. When they finally arrived he hopped out of the vehicle and had to take a moment, feeling a little queasy. It had been a while since he had been in a vehicle. By the time Selene was readying to hop out with their injured man, he was at the back of the truck already dropping the tailgate.

Selene had found herself laughing to herself as she tried to keep the injured man steady on the way in. She was trying her best, but it didn't come without pain. He had seemed to doze in and out of consciousness the whole time and the amusement she found in her attempts were more of a distraction. But now they were here and she had decided, whatever supplies this house lacked, she would supply. Along with anything this group needed while they stayed. But, only if things didn't go astray.

"Hey," she gently called to the drunken bowsman. "Let's get him inside. I'll help carry him. Stronger than I look. Comes in handy. You ready?" Her hands sliding under his shoulders, Selene knew between the two of them and Jake steadily in tow, this would be as easy on the man as they could possibly make it.

Neither of them had had any real time to absorb their surroundings. Selene subconsciously hoped other's would.

(OOC: Just something small to bump it all... see whose still around. And open to the idea of bandits.)

Genetic Genocide
Xaumeric
Rupert Part-time Decayed
ThePheonixLotus
Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Vxce's Husband

User Image

arrow Location: Dodger City

Ged patiently thumbed through the rows of frayed, old vinyl cases. An Undone lay gurgling, it's soft skull crushed beneath the heel of his boot.

"Nice.... nice... very nice..."

Dodger City's token independent record store 'Sound it Out', Ged decided with a twinkle in his eye, was worth the visit. Whoever ran the place, before they turned to rot, definitely had a place in their heart for the more obscure late 60's/early 70's stuff, and Ged had to respect that,

"Hmm." The man lifted a particular piece of wax out of the row and dusted it off with the back of his gloved hand. Dragonwyck, it read. The five frill-shirted members of the band stood under a stone archway with a regal looking mutt. There were many other records Ged would have liked to pluck, but he would only take this one for now- he would return one day, perhaps make another stop before leaving town.

"Grrlk~" The twitching Undone under his foot sputtered.

"I agree," Ged gave the record a little tap of satisfaction, "good stuff. Hngh!" A twist of his boot sent blood and brain matter splattering across the dust laden carpet. Ged turned for the exit and finally realized he'd been in Sound it Out for quite some time. The already dim light of day had begun to take on the pale glow of this Undone world's version of dusk. "How long was I...?"

He made for the window and scanned the city street as he packed away Dragonwyck's S/T.

"Might wanna crash here for the night..."

User Image

"No. NO!"

She grunts, cries out, pulls against his arm as it curls around her throat from behind, his free hand gripping at her backpack and yanking it open. She bites his arm and he yanks her roughly, choking her as she thrashes, only for her to throw her head back into his nose.

THWACK!

"[********]"

His grip on her loosens just long enough for her to slip out from under it. She trips forward, then starts running, skidding around the corner of an old record store and turning to see him close behind her, blood pouring from his nostrils, madness in his eyes.

He's not undone. In fact...

"little b***h -- I'LL KILL YOU!"

He's healthy as can be. But to her, his humanity is the most terrifying thing about this wasteland. The way the people turn against each other...

She pulls the crowbar from her belt loop and lets it slide down the palm of her hand as she runs. From inside the record store, she'd come into view in front of the large, double-paned window where a display case of headphones sits, poised for no one.

Then he comes into view after her.

She reels around and swings the crowbar with all her might, it's curved end sinking into the man's skull and spraying gore all over the window. His body slumps into the glass with a thud, then slides down into a puddle of his own mess while she backs away, panting, touching her throat where he'd choked her, reaching behind her for the door of the record shop and pushing it open clumsily.

She practically falls into the place, swearing under her breath, running her fingers through her hair and straightening to see...

Another one.

Her eyes widen.

He's bigger than the guy she was just tumbling with, and far better equipped. She sees a backpack and various weapons strapped to his person, including more than one firearm. She sees the undone under his boot, still trembling with a death rattle.

"I...I'll leave...."

She sheathes the still-bloody crowbar in her belt loop and lifts her palms to him, taking a step back. Her wrists are heavily bandaged. All she has on her is a backpack and the crowbar, no guns that would be immediately visible to him, just a black tank top and black jeans, combat boots, and whole lotta freckles.

"I don't want trouble..."

Vxce's Husband

User Image

"Whatthefu-!!" With the reflexes of a hardened survivor Ged let the record fall to the floor and action-snapped the shotgun holstered to his back into a fire-ready position as the redhead came into view. Human, frightened. And then her assailant. Human, angry.

Ged had the attacker in his sights when the crowbar struck and the window took on a sudden shade of red.

"And dead as ********]." He holstered the firearm and bent over to pick up his new record as the girl came bursting through the front door of Sound it Out. Ged rose to meet the freckled commotion with a look of gruff impatience. "'Ey, 'ey, girlie-" He held up his new record in one hand, and showed the palm of the other. "Just shoppin' 'ere so whatever, ah, you two had going on seems like it's over so, ah... mm." He gave her a forced smile before taking two long stomps towards her, the displeasure at having his peace broken clear in his eyes, before turning to the front door and leaning on it with his shoulder. He scanned the outside.

"Any more of 'em?"

User Image

Even as he doesn't make any immediate moves against her, Phoebe remains weary of the stranger as he steps past her for the door and peers out into the street. She doesn't take her eyes off of him.

"His lady and his brother will come looking, no doubt. I left their little group and he thought he was gonna try to follow me..."

Glaring at the blood splattered window, she spits in it's direction, her expression darkening considerably.

"He was wrong."

Vxce's Husband

User Image

The youth behind him sounds a little rattled as she describes her ordeal- but there's mostly fire in her tone. b*****d had picked the wrong lady to mess with, for sure.

"Well," He sighed and turned to give the girl a once over. b*****d did know how to pick 'em, Ged thought, save for the murderous qualities. "S'posin' they come lookin' here. Might be trouble. Night's closin' in quick. Prolly won't go searching 'till the morning, if they know what's good for 'em."

The impatience in his face had faded and was replaced with begrudged compassion. Ged produced a rag from one of his many pockets and tossed it to her, motioning with his chin toward the crowbar at her hip. "'Clean it."

The man tromped deeper into the store, beginning a second scan of any breaches or hidden undead. "All things considered," He continued, "y'best get comfortable."

User Image

She catches the rag.

"Clean it."

Phoebe glances down at the crowbar and purses her lips a little in quiet agreement, pulling it from her belt and gathering the rag up in her palm.

"All things considered, y'best get comfortable."

Quirking a brow at that, she looks back to him as she drags the rag down the length of the bar.

Now that's a bold assumption...

She glances to the window, to the darkness falling outside. A few steps later she's at the window, craning her neck a little to peer up and down the street.

"Traveling alone at night might be dangerous...but men? Men are always dangerous."

Looking back at him, Phoebe pulls the bloodied rag off the end of the crowbar and turns it once in her fist, examining it.

"...You got a family?"

Vxce's Husband

User Image

"Men are always dangerous."

"To someone, sure."

"You got a family?"

Ged prickles at this, but he's too far into the shop's interior doing his recon for her to notice. "You writin' a book?" He jokes heavy heartedly as he peers around. A few moments go by. All seems clear, the only entrance not fortified being the front door. "Let's start with names, how 'bout that. Gerald Ford. 'Ged', since everything went to hell."

His shadowed form emerges from the dark interior of the record shop and finds his new friend's gaze.

"Yours?"

User Image

She's done this before. She doesn't care about his name or anything else until she knows what he's still got left to lose. A family man, in her experience, hasn't been broken just yet by this world. He's still compassionate, he might still see his little girl or his wife or his mother in every woman he meets instead of a bag full of supplies, a pack of ammunition, a possible ********, or even a decent meal.

These lone wolves, though...these lonely men with nothing to lose...

She tilts her head a little at him, peering through the dark and hearing the weight in his words through the shadows.

If he had a family, he doesn't anymore.

"Phoebe."

She answers, setting the blood soaked rag down on a nearby counter top and re-sheathing the crowbar at her hip.

"Just Phoebe."

Vxce's Husband

User Image

"Pleasure to meet you, Phoebe." The salutation rang a little hollow. Bedroll, backpack, holsters and other effects all hit the floor. Ged set to preparing for a nap.

Eventually, he said, "You seem like you're on the level, and I trust my instincts. You know how this goes. We've got a shared interest in stayin' alive, that's it. And I am a fairly empathetic individual but if you try 'n ******** with me it ain't gonna end well." Geds eyes locked onto her visage for a few moments, devoid of any remorse. He laid back. "Now I'm gonna get some rest. If anyone comes a'knockin', I figure they're looking for you. So you take first watch. Y'see anything suspicious just get me up.

User Image

"You seem like you're on the level, and I trust my instincts. You know how this goes. We've got a shared interest in stayin' alive, that's it. And I am a fairly empathetic individual but if you try 'n ******** with me it ain't gonna end well."

Phoebe watches as Ged lowers himself, his personal effects close by. She says nothing and just nods, solemnly.

"Now I'm gonna get some rest. If anyone comes a'knockin', I figure they're looking for you. So you take first watch. Y'see anything suspicious just get me up."

"mmn...rodger."

She's picking at some dirt under her fingernails, seated on a counter beside a rack of old records, looking mostly disinterested in what he's saying until out of the corner of her eye she sees him lay down. She selects a random nearby record and reads the back of it, giving him the occasional glance.

About an hour passes...she hears a soft snore and slowly, quietly, slides off the counter.

Tk

Her toes touch ground, her red head tilting as she examines his sleeping form. Between the steady, rhythmic beat of his breathing and his completely relaxed face, she's convinced. He's definitely out.

She moves with catlike grace around him, closing the distance between herself and his backpack full of goodies. It's not the most honorable move, sure, but after the things men like him have done to her, the way they always turn, she's promised herself one thing in this new world.

I will trust no one. There is no one left to trust but myself.

It's never worth getting close to anyone, building friendships, becoming convinced that everything is going to work out -- dreams are castles made of sand here. So she wraps her fingers around the strap of his backpack and slowly, carefully, gingerly lifts it. Next, the rifle at his side, both of these she lifts only high enough from the ground for her to move.

Everyone turns eventually. Into a flesh eating monster or a liar or a thief, a scavenger, a traitor. I will never kid myself again. I will always be one step ahead.

If he wakes he will kill her. She watches his face, feeling nothing. It would be easier to kill him, and this had crossed her mind from her place on the counter top. It had been dismissed, but the thought worms in again. It would be so easy...so safe...to drive her crowbar into his skull.

She pauses with his belongings in both her hands and considers eliminating any chance of him following her...

Vxce's Husband

User Image

The snoring stopped. Bloodshot eyes ripped awake and glared up at the ceiling.

"An impostor..."

Click

He didn't move from where he was laying. Ged was perfectly still. Calm. His right arm lay over his stomach, the barrel leveled towards Phoebe.

"Not you. My wife." Ged let out a sigh, thankful that the foolish young girl had woke him with her intrusion. "I was on the road... she had to have been one of the first. I came home, she was crying. I'd have known now... the fake, empty sadness. I'd know it wasn't her now, just from the sound."

The grim traveler, Ged, stood up.

"She'd tried to lock herself in the basement, feeling the change coming. But once she'd turned and started to cry... my son, only six years old, managed to pick the lock. He wanted to help his mommy. Drop the bag. Give me the gun."

Ged gave the girl a shove afterwards, keeping the gun pointed at her belly as he dragged his effects back to him with his heel and holstered his other gun.

"She ate him alive. Stomach first. I killed her- what was left of her. Haven't been able to sleep for more than an hour at a time ever since. There's a special black place in my heart I hold for impostors. You're an impostor."

He glowered for a time, pointing the gun suddenly at her face if she dared utter another word.

"On yer ********' knees. Now."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff