Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Capitalist

Knight of Britannia
It seems like that's how a lot of pairings in this show shine I suppose... Like FrUK. Which I don't have much interest in, due to the wars between FrUK and UsUK. Can't they all just shut up?

A few people seem to ship Belarus x Lithuania which I find a little strange. I remember a comic where Lithy actually went out with Belarus and she broke all of his fingers. (Personally, I prefer America x Belarus. Actually, I think a lot of people do. The artwork for that pairing is just... Beautiful. Especially the work from Hanazawa.)

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Prince Raivis
I dunno... due to some kind of shitty people I guess the term "canon" and shipping in general has been a little soured for me. But I'll try to get over that, and I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on (I apologized to them again today).
The funny thing is, it was a GerIta post. My OTP.

*sigh* I'm getting pretty jaded about the idea of there being any sort of "canon" ship as well. I think at least in the case of this particular webcomic/anime, it would totally ruin the premise of it. Because canon pairings mean that it's suddenly dropped into the romance genre, and then it will be the end of Hetalia as we know it.

But I'm gonna hope that doesn't happen and just enjoy Season 5 for what it is.

Newbie Noob

5,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Oh man... The scarf thingy wasn't love, it was MURDER.
And suffocation is a painful death.
Well, in happier news, we were talking about what it would be like if Italy and Germany got married. Like with a real wedding.

- Prussia would cry
- If one of them started having doubts either Romano or Austria would have to calm them down.
- If it's Germany Austria would tell him he's making the right choice. If Italy, Romano would yell at him, "I did NOT get dressed up and drag my a** out here for nothing! You are marrying that b*****d!"
- During the ceremony Germany would faint.
Italy: Germany!
Romano: Oh for the love of...
Prussia: Oi, West! Get it together! Leave the swooning to your wife!
Italy: I'm not his wife.
Prussia: Well not yet.
- No matter what anyone says, Prussia would forever refer to Italy as Germany's wife (Italy and Finland can start a club. Or a support group).

Newbie Noob

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I think it is weird to use the word 'wife' for a man :s
Why people do that?
Otombliss
I think it is weird to use the word 'wife' for a man :s
Why people do that?
I don't know why Sweden does it, but I have this whole headcanon about Prussia and homosexuality. It starts with him talking to Austria...
Austria: So, I hear your brother has found himself a boyfriend.
Prussia: Pffft, yeah, right. West with a- did you say boy?
Austria: Yes. -waiting for him to get angry-
Prussia: -thinks about it- Yeah. Yeah, I can see that.
Austria: Really?
Prussia: Well yeah, he's manly enough.
Austria: It's usually considered a feminine thing.
Prussia: Nah, see, it works both ways. Either you're girly enough to be someone's wife, or you're manly enough to be another man's husband. My little's brother's manly enough to be anyone's husband!
Austria: I don't think that's how it works, but I'm glad you approve.

I don't even remember how I came up with that, but this is how I think Prussia thinks about homosexuality (and it works the same way for lesbians of course). He's not against it, he's just a little confused... lol

Newbie Noob

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Oh, I understand... I guess.
Otombliss
Oh, I understand... I guess.

It's basically saying they're the "woman" in the relationship, which is both sexist (implying women are the weaker submissive part of the couple) and wrong. There is no woman in a gay male relationship. In this case it's just part of Prussia's confused thinking.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Tsuki_Kirkland
saw this..dunno if anyone else has seen it yet

= 3 That's been up for a long time now. O.o;; I think there was supposed to be a second one too but it hasn't surfaced anywhere yet...
(But thanks for reminding us about it - in case someone hasn't seen it yet)

PassMeTheJizzTissues
Omg I lost my s**t when England was like "Tsun?" I'm just like omg
XD Me too.

Prince Raivis
I realized today that I am a fun-killing piece of s**t, but I don't really know what to do about it.
I'm just so tired of people grasping for their pairings to be canon, even if they have a valid point, even if it's my own OTP, I'm just like shut uuuuup burning_eyes
S'okay. I think every once in awhile we're all like that. Especially when it comes to a pairing we can't stand. Shhh. 8 D. Anyway, it's not people enjoying a pairing or even wanting it to be canon that's the problem, it's people who are CONSUMED by nothing but their pairing. Sometimes I just want to tell those people "Shut up and enjoy the show." XD

Otombliss
"Vuvuzela Honk Honk Club"
I DIED.
South Africa is the President. XD

Knight of Britannia
Again, it would suit me perfectly if nothing was canon, because I could ship to my hearts content and there would be nothing to alienate other people's pairings.
This, I agree with. I'm sure you all know by now that I'm a MAJOR USCan fan...but I'd never wish it to be canon because it'd disappoint a lot of other Hetalia fans. HOWEVER...

Quote:
But I also cringe when people go out of their way to just shut other fans down when anything particular "shippy" happens with their OTP in canon. It could just be a picture of something, and some people just have to go out of their way to tell anyone who likes it that IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING OK. It's like, way to be a d**k. If someone's happy about something between the two characters that happened, let them be happy, don't sit there and be all "WELL it probably doesn't mean what you think it does, and you know in THIS episode this happened between that character and a DIFFERENT guy, so whatever".
I DON'T agree with this. The reason why is because there are fans who will run around claiming their pairing is all of a sudden canon because of the stupidest little scene. If they want to get excited about the scene because it's a cute moment between two people they ship, that's one thing. I have no problem with that. But to run around claiming their pairing is canon or "getting closer to canon" because character A called out character B's name? That's pathetic. THOSE are the people I'll take down a peg...not random fans who are just having a little fun with their OTP in a scene.

One thing I CAN'T STAND is when those kind of fans tell newbie fans that their pairing is canon and give all this false evidence as to why. = / Like jesus, stop shoving your pairing down everyone's throat with all your bland evidence...leave the newbie fans alone and let them develop their own thoughts on the characters.

Knight of Britannia
Nope, I get it. Kinda like how I get ragey when I'm reading a USUK fic (my OTP, lol of course) and the author makes a HUGE DEAL out of trashing the ******** out of France (or some other character, but it's usually France). First of all, I adore France. So much. So that's one thing. But I'm 100% against vilifying the "competition", as it were. There's a huge difference between doing it for the sake of the story and doing it just to make a statement. So gross. That makes it really hard to enjoy my OTP when a small amount (but still too many) abuse it that way.
I understand that...though I don't often see England being bashed in USCan fics. <.<;; I have seen some Russia bashing though. Not sure why...I would think USUK would be a bigger competitor to USCan than RusAme or RusCan. But I don't see any reason to vilify any character to prop up a pairing. = 3 One of the reasons why there might not be England bashing is because USCan fans also tend to support FrUk - so FrUk becomes a secondary pairing in the fanfic.
As for FrUk (another pairing I support) I tend to see America pushed into the background as if he were an insignificant character.

l Herd u leik Squirtlez l
Knight of Britannia
A few people seem to ship Belarus x Lithuania which I find a little strange. I remember a comic where Lithy actually went out with Belarus and she broke all of his fingers.
gonk I like BelarusxLit. Poor Lithuania just wants Belarus to love him...you can't help but feel for the guy. <.<;; I dunno, I've just got a thing for the underdog. Even though Belarus and Lithuania are NOTHING like Hikari and Daisuke of Digimon Adventure 02 their pairing still reminds me of the latter. Girl likes or is "supposed to be" better with some other guy (Hikari -> Takeru; Belarus -> Russia) and the "other guy" who loves the girl gets stuck being "not good enough" and sitting on the sidelines. ;-;

(Besides, it also somewhat compliments my personal liking of "opposites attract". Although I'm not ALWAYS in favour of an opposites pair.)

Misuki Marishima
Because canon pairings mean that it's suddenly dropped into the romance genre, and then it will be the end of Hetalia as we know it.

But I'm gonna hope that doesn't happen and just enjoy Season 5 for what it is.

^ THIS!! 8 D

Prince Raivis
If Italy, Romano would yell at him, "I did NOT get dressed up and drag my a** out here for nothing! You are marrying that b*****d!"
No way, man. Romano would be trying to talk Italy out of it.
"What are you trying to do!? Kill us!? You can't marry that potato b*****d!"
He'd probably end up going though because (even if he refuses to say it) he does love Italy and would want to support him (no matter how much he hates Germany).

Sparkly Sex Symbol

l Herd u leik Squirtlez l
America x Belarus.

Let's be friends, even though my secret otp is America x Fem! Rus

Am I the only one who is desperate for a Nyotalia episode?

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Knight of Britannia

But anyway, if it's just a little something that the fans want to be excited about, why the hell not? The RusAme fans were all giddy about episode 2 because of the scarf thing. Do I ship RusAme? Not at all. Not even a little bit. Did I get pissy because they were happy? No! That's dumb. :/

I actually saw someone today use that as evidence to clearly prove AmeRus is a canon pairing.

I'm blind now.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Prodigious_girl

Quote:
But I also cringe when people go out of their way to just shut other fans down when anything particular "shippy" happens with their OTP in canon. It could just be a picture of something, and some people just have to go out of their way to tell anyone who likes it that IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING OK. It's like, way to be a d**k. If someone's happy about something between the two characters that happened, let them be happy, don't sit there and be all "WELL it probably doesn't mean what you think it does, and you know in THIS episode this happened between that character and a DIFFERENT guy, so whatever".
I DON'T agree with this. The reason why is because there are fans who will run around claiming their pairing is all of a sudden canon because of the stupidest little scene. If they want to get excited about the scene because it's a cute moment between two people they ship, that's one thing. I have no problem with that. But to run around claiming their pairing is canon or "getting closer to canon" because character A called out character B's name? That's pathetic. THOSE are the people I'll take down a peg...not random fans who are just having a little fun with their OTP in a scene.

One thing I CAN'T STAND is when those kind of fans tell newbie fans that their pairing is canon and give all this false evidence as to why. = / Like jesus, stop shoving your pairing down everyone's throat with all your bland evidence...leave the newbie fans alone and let them develop their own thoughts on the characters.

What? Clearly I wasn't talking about the people seriously claiming their ship was canon. That's never appreciated. I'm talking about people who get excited about cute moments and then other people have to show up and be assholes about it.

Seriously, just because some people are obviously morons does not mean it's okay to bash a pairing you don't like. It makes me sick. That doesn't mean you have to like it, but keep your thoughts to yourself, you know? Hell, there are ships that rub me the wrong way, but I don't go out of my way to tell fans of it that they're delusional or go MY SHIP IS OBVIOUSLY MORE LIKELY TO HAPPEN THAN YOURS. It's just really ******** rude.

Just like people who secretly think something is canon have every right to feel that way, as long as they don't go around screaming it from the rooftops or trashing other people in the process. Everyone here is against that, of course.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
l Soviet Titties l
Knight of Britannia

But anyway, if it's just a little something that the fans want to be excited about, why the hell not? The RusAme fans were all giddy about episode 2 because of the scarf thing. Do I ship RusAme? Not at all. Not even a little bit. Did I get pissy because they were happy? No! That's dumb. :/

I actually saw someone today use that as evidence to clearly prove AmeRus is a canon pairing.

I'm blind now.

rofl

It can't be helped. There's always going to be that guy. ... Or that group of guys who will take what they can get but then blow it out of proportion. Whenever Guy A does anything to Guy B, CLEARLY that's a declaration of love, including strangling them to death...

But AGAIN-- I don't fault people who were all "HEE HEE THEY INTERACTED FOR TWO SECONDS"-- But people using it as evidence to declare it canon? Gtfo.
Prodigious_girl

Prince Raivis
If Italy, Romano would yell at him, "I did NOT get dressed up and drag my a** out here for nothing! You are marrying that b*****d!"
No way, man. Romano would be trying to talk Italy out of it.
"What are you trying to do!? Kill us!? You can't marry that potato b*****d!"
He'd probably end up going though because (even if he refuses to say it) he does love Italy and would want to support him (no matter how much he hates Germany).

Well no, this is supposed to be AT the wedding, like right before he's supposed to walk down the aisle, and he starts having doubts. "What if I'm making a mistake? Maybe I shouldn't go through with this." and they're already there, all dressed up, it's all paid for, and by this point Romano would have come to terms with it, so he's like "Hell no! You are not backing out of this now, it's too late for that! You should have thought about that before we paid for everything!"

Witty Capitalist

l Soviet Titties l
AmeriRus is my straight otp. emotion_brofist (America x Fem!Canada is my nyotalia one.)

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Nyotalia episode. That would be more of Hidekaz giving back to his fans.

I remember a time when Nyotalia was the thing on Tumblr everybody was talking about (Now it's 2P 3P and 4P -tableflip-)

I really like Fem!Canada, Fem!England, and Fem!Japan. emotion_kirakira

Personally, I think England would just be staring at Francine (Really guys? Try a little harder with the names), and Amelia's tits for their entire clip.
Prodigious_girl
I've actually seen America get bashed a lot in FrUK fanfictions just as much as France getting bashed in UsUK fanfics. And personally, I'm sick of it too. The FrUK and UsUK fandoms treat each other like the Homestuck and Hetalia fandoms used to treat each other. (They've been getting along recently though. emotion_kirakira That makes me very happy.)

But occasionally, when I write UsUK fanfics, I sometimes make France like America's competitor. Instead of completely bashing him. I just don't like it though when people bash the other member of a popular otp.

And to all of the canon talk, despite how biased and homophobic it sounds, I think it would be best if the only pairings in the show that were canon would be straight. Like Austria and Hungary... And maybe create clips with historic settings that feature historic events with characters being 'canon' that would make the audience go 'Woah! That actually happened?!' Like the Soviet famine for example. With America, Canada, Belarus, and Ukraine. That's a cute quartet in my opinion.

I think Hidekaz should focus on more history that not a lot of people would just learn about in history class. Personally, I feel like I'm learning the same things over and over again. I would like to learn about something in history that I wouldn't learn in history class.

And I think it would be interesting if there was one episode where the entire cast, yes the entire cast went on a beach trip. Like they were a big happy family. And didn't focus on any main pairings. Like America would not be teaching England how to swim. (Save that for the doujinshis kids.) and such. Just make it an episode to have fun with. Not to make any fuss about pairings.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff