Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:57 am
User Image
..::Starts: NOW!
Ends: 1/22/2015 @ 11:45 p.m. CST::..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:58 am
..::Rules!::..

• This basket does not count for your freebie for the month.
  • Everyone is welcome to enter this contest.
  • No discouraging people from entering.
  • This couple is very special to me and twitch, so please try to stick around. I know I can't enforce it, but if you don't actually plan to RP the babbin, at least back plot so I know how they fit in.
  • You can edit your entry as much as you want up until the contest closes.
  • Please conform to Gaia and Soquili rules and guidelines at all times.
  • This contest will be judged by myself and Twitchapher!
  • These kids will not be raised to look kindly on others outside of their family whom are unworthy of respect. This does not mean they must be ravenous murderers of anything other than kalona, but they shouldn't be goody with 'I LOVE EVERYONE! *HEARTS SPARKLES N RAINBOWS*' kind of attitude..

Devil NightShade
Crew

Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:59 am
..::The Family!::..

User Image

Your family lives in the Eastern lands, between the Eastern Swamp and the mountain ranges to the north. There's plenty of game here, and your parents have made their home in the heavy forests at the base of mountains. While your family is not small, there are only a few of you gathered in the small herd. It's just your mom, dad, siblings, and you .. oh ..and your mom's pets .. but they're kind of outcasts really.

You all live in a decent sized clearing, outlined by large trees that provide a thick canopy on the southern end of the clearing that provides an area of protection from the elements. On the northern end is a large cave, this is the sleeping place of your parents (also for you and your siblings at this moment) it's warm and cozy in there, and wonderful place to get some rest after a long day of play hunting and flying lessons.

A small brook winds through the western edge of the clearing, and beside the brook are a small circular garden of rose bushes of all shapes, sizes and colors. This garden is lovingly cultivated by your mother. Her prized crimson bush grows in the center of the small circle. It was grown over many years from a transplant of the very vines that grow up her legs. With long sharp thorns it's not a safe bush to play with! On this bush grows strange and beautiful black roses crowned in icey blue petals.

On the eastern side of the clearing, are a few dense thickets, these are the homes for Shade's pets. The largest thicket is home to a purple stallion, he is the only pet you ever see much of. He helps teach you, and goes out on errands for Shade and Glacier.

..::~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~::..

User Image
Your mother is a proud mare, she is small and dainty in stature but don't let it fool you, she is fierce and deadly when the situation calls for that.

She is a strong personality and comes off cold and distant. She's a strict mother, and will push you children to be stronger, faster, and smarter than you believe you can be. Her love isn't outright shown, unless you pick up on the minute little tendencies she has to show her affection for her family.

She has mellowed with age (and some choices within your family), and won't outright attack a lesser any longer. She will try to instill a sense of pride in you and your siblings; pride in who,and what you are. Also not to judge all books by their cover, but to find out the strength and worthiness of all around you.

User Image
[Blurb Here]

-- You have a -LOT- of other family that you can meet as well emotion_dowant --

..::Other::..

User Image
Ives and his pet goat Langdon stay in a large thicket in your families clearing. Ives owes a debt to mother for a gift she gave him and thus has pledged his service to the family for a while.

He mostly runs errands for Shade, going into villiages and herds where Shade cannot show her face to barter for herbs and other supplies. He will also act as a teacher and baby sitter for you and your siblings.

He is a quiet stallion with a good nature about him, living with your family who can be very brutal hasn't seemed to break his nature either. He almost .. even seem to enjoy his duties of watching the three of you when Shade and Glacier are away, and tries his best to fill your days with enjoyable activities.

..::Your Siblings!::..

User Image | Your eldest sibling, and twin. (Owned by: Devil NightShade)

User Image | Your younger sibling. (Owned by: Twitchapher the 3rd)

..::Notes!::..

• Your parents are mates, but the both have partners and toys on the side.
  • Your family is scattered across the Soquili lands, but still for the most part are very tight-nit and close. You have many Half-siblings, cousins, nieces, and nephews that will come visit you
  • You live very close to your siblings Masquerade and Enyalious and their family in the swamp.These foals will see that side of the family a lot. And the fact that Masq is mated to a regular, and Enya is lovemated to a male kelpi
  • All these can play into the personality and character of your foal!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:02 am
..::Basket!::..

User Image
This is the basket you will be trying for!

[b]Played by:[/b] -yourname-
[b]Name:[/b] -pony'sname-
[b]Gender [size=9](optional)[/size]:[/b] -whatgender-
[b]RP examples [size=9](optional)[/size]:[/b] Links to other RPs
[b]About:[/b]
[b]Plots[/b]

[b]Prompt Picked:[/b] -prompt number-

[b]Prompt Response[/b]
[spoiler]
Prompt response goes in spoiler

Devil NightShade
Crew

Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:09 am
..: razz rompts!::..

Prompt 1:
You have emerged from your basket, tell us what is happening! Were you impatient, and thus the first foal to emerge? or were you late and the last to emerge? How do you feel, what are your first thoughts. How do you feel about your siblings? Are you and your twin rivals? Best friends .. do you creepily finish each other's thoughts and sentences? How about your other sibling? Your parents? What is your general foalish thoughts on life and the world around you?

[Etc and so forth xD .. Generally I would like to see you flesh out the foal's personality here, there's no set thing you have to write about .. just go wherever you'd like to go.]

Prompt 2:
You are being babysat by Ives today, tell me how this makes you feel. Do you like Ives? What do the two of you do for the day? Maybe you try to convince him to eat a piece of something you hunted and caught? How does THAT go down? Or maybe you are getting a lesson in different herbs and their uses, is this something your interested in .. or is it boring? Maybe your just exploring the territory, or maybe chilling out by the river to the west.

[Tell me a story, I would like to see how your foal interacts with those around them.

Note: You do have permission to sparingly write up some lines for Ives here]

Prompt 3:
Your growing quickly, hunting is becoming easier, and there is plenty of game in the forest your family calls home. It's a crisp cool day, and a breeze is blowing in from the west. Breakfast is over, and that's when you learn that today is your first flying lesson. How are you feeling? Confident? Scared? Don't give any cares? How does the lesson go? Do you take to flying like a duck to water, or is it more like a fish trying to swim in sand? How does it feel to fly? With the wind in your mane and air beneath your wings. Or you know ... it could all go wrong .. how do you deal with your first crash, are you hurt or is it just a bruised pride.

[Tell me about a time when your foal tried to fly for the first time? Did they crash and burn or float like a leaf on the breeze?]

Prompt 4:
Free for all! Tell me a story! It could be about the foal (or young adult's) life thus far. An adventure, a hunt, whatever. Just have fun and write something amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:39 pm
Played by: lysia_nyteblade
Name: Male: Hemlock Female: Rosary Pea (Rosa for short)
Gender (optional): For entry rp sake Female
RP examples (optional): [X], [X], [X] (more to be found in my teepee)
About: Rosa is a bit difficult to get along with. She can be surly and snappish to those not of her family and even among them she can be quite the handful. She's stubborn and prideful and if scorned she'll hold a grudge like no other. She likes to see herself has having a close nit bond to her twin even if that bond some times borders upon sibling bullying. It's an idea of "I can beat them up but don't anyone else try."
Plots
Foal plots:
- You did that on purpose!- A sibling squable ensues between the twins over a who did what situation.

- Hunting desasters- A hunting trip gone awry when Rosa bites off a little more than she can chew. Small game is one thing but running into something that turns out to be more could prove to be a great disaster.

Adult Plots:
- The grand scheme of things- This is a plot in which Rosa will be searching to find where she fits in in adult life. I'll likely fall into multiple parts and take quite a few rp's to get her settled into what she believes is the best fit for her in life. Part one- Awkward beginnings. Part two- Make my own way. Part three- This is where I belong.

- A dark deception- She schemes and plots an elaborate con to get something she really wants.

-More to come as I get to flesh the character out further.-

Prompt Picked: 1

Prompt Response

She could hear her eldest sibling bursting forth from the basket before her. She snuffled and clawed till finally the basket opened and she emerged from the wicker cocoon she'd seen as little more than a prison all this time. Looking about, she tested out her legs a little wobbly from lack of use. She growled and fussed with her legs till finally she got them to cooperate with her enough that she could take a few shaky steps to see just what her sibling and her parents seemed to be like. She first went to her sibling,the one that looked most like herself only with a slight difference in color. Her ears perked as though she might have a fond little greeting for her twin till she drew close enough. Once within range, she stretched out her nose and her lips curled back till she could n** at the other foal. Already she was trying to start a pecking order among the foals and was determined to be at the top of this chain. As the other foal shied away, she continued her attempts till the other sibling emerged and started their own attempts at 'helping' with his sibling's bullying. Turning from her twin to her younger sibling, she let out a nasty squeal and lashed out. All seemed to be fun and games until some one else started to pick at her twin. That was it.. it seemed like she would get nasty should anyone pick at her twin but her, all was fun and games till then. "Mine." She hissed as she snapped at the last to pop from their basket. "Go find your own." With that said, she backed into her twin, curling her tail around the other's leg. As if to say this one here would naught be touched,bullied,or pampered lest she was doing it herself. It wasn't that she was growing a complex.. she just didn't want anyone fawning over her twin more than possibly even over herself. Selfish, but it didn't bother her. This was with whom she would likely be closest to and yet see as her biggest rival.

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:21 pm
Played by:
xxxxx techabyte
Name:
xxxxx Male: Galanthus
xxxxxx Female: Snowdrop

xxxxx Identifies as birth gender ( whatever that may be. For this entry, I will go with male. )
RP examples:
xxxxx x | x | x | x
About:
xxxxx Temper: Supercilious
xxxxx Personality: Often times seeming to have a complex, Galanthus takes everything with a skeptical eye. He thinks everyone is beneath him; and that they aren’t worth his time. He has a tendency to be rude to those he has no respect of; especially those his mother does not approve of. He despises the fact the some people think they could dare be worthy to be around his family. He generally will huff and beat his wings, glaring and stomping his hooves in warning to have the person back up and prove themselves worthy to be around them. Generally this involves him fighting with the person in question. If they can stand up to him without backing down, then Galanthus will allow them to speak their mind. If not, well… They better be quick. He’s short tempered and hates to be bothered when in deep thought, and has a tendency to try and weasel his way into the favor of his mother. He could care less about the pets that she keeps, or that purple stallion that seems to linger around their herd. His basic personality is egotistical and crude. He speaks his mind and will defend what he says with a firmness. He’s pigheaded, and stubborn.
xxxxx Galanthus favors the night, and despite it being a bit harder to see, would rather wander around in the dark. He thinks he blends in with the night more, and is able to sneak around ( despite his larger size ). Galanthus likes to think that he is a sort of protector of his family, and that no one could dare take him down. This is one of his downfalls. He is so full of himself that he could possibly think he has won when he hasn’t yet.
xxxxx He’s picky with his meat; and if it isn’t recently killed will turn his nose to it. Because of this he has been trying to teach himself to hunt. Which is not going well, to be honest.
xxxxx When it comes to his twin, he favors them above everyone else. Even his mother. As much as his mother is a part of his world, his twin is his everything. He trusts them with his life, and will do whatever he can in order to protect them and please them. He doesn’t even really mind running errands for them; despite feeling above all of those meaningless things.

Plots
xxxxx To Hunt or be Hunted: Galanthus has been training to hunt in a more productive method, in order to catch his own food. But he finds it to be rather tedious and annoying. He doesn’t know if hunting is for him… but when he becomes the prey, what will he do? ( Skinwalker/other baddie plots )
xxxxx You’re Taking Another What?: Despite the fact that his mother takes pets all the time, Galanthus finds it to be rather annoying. Mostly because they keep piling up and they’re so needy. He confronts his mother at one point about one of her newest ones, and thinks it will go well. But will it?
xxxxx Who Are You To Speak To Him/Her Like That?!: Someone dares to stand up/insult his twin, and that will not hold. Galanthus confronts the accuser in question, and has started a massive fight. Things could get violent.

Prompt Picked:
xxxxx Prompt Two

Prompt Response
xxxxx ”This is stupid.”
xxxxx Ives sighed, his eyes hardening slightly as he looked down upon the small foal. Galanthus glared up at Ives in turn, his wings folded tight against his back and his tail lashing. He did not want to learn about herbs and remedies. This was stupid; mundane. Dumb. Pointless. Annoying. Would never be held to anything other than-
xxxxx “Galanthus.”
xxxxx ”What?”
xxxxx “Pay attention.”
xxxxx Galanthus groaned and lowered his ears. He glared at the purple stallion. His mother’s servant. Ugh. This would be a nightmare. As Ives continued to lecture just him ( he’d no idea where his siblings had gone off to, and how they’d gotten out of this for that matter ), Galanthus thought of all the ways he could make this lesion a living hell. He could start asking a bunch of annoying questions… That would be fun. If he could just think of the right ones to ask. Or he could ask to test it. What if he got Ives to eat one of these remedies when he wasn’t sick… What would that do? He could request that they capture some creature and make it sick or injured to test the remedy and make sure it worked.
xxxxx Galanthus glanced up, his ice blue eyes, locking them on the purple stallion. He frowned, and cocked his head as the stallion nosed toward one of the items he’d brought to show Galanthus. The foal frowned and tilted his head to the side as he zoomed in on one of them. He huffed, and took a slow step forward, before bending to sniff at the plant. Ives watched for several moments before telling him to step back.
xxxxx Galanthus glared. “What?! I can do whatever I want!” He stomped his hoof, before taking a step forward and sniffing at the plant that laid before him.
xxxxx And promptly started to sneeze.
xxxxx Ives practically smirked. “That is Helenium autumnale. Or Sneezeweed. Had you been paying attention, you would have heard me say that earlier. It’s a good way to lure out prey from their hide-holes. You can follow the sound of their sneezing.”
xxxxx The foal glared at the stallion, his icy blue eyes daring the adult to say another word. He sneezed and shook his head, causing his wings to flare out and his tail to straighten. He took several steps back, and turned, stomping away to go to the stream and wash his nose out with water. His mother would hear of this…

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:23 pm
Played by: Fokushi Meishin
Name: Male: Alysandir female:Rayvinne(Raven)
Gender (optional): Male if you can swing it but i will take both
RP examples (optional):Unfortunately I don't have any
About: Alysandir is the jealous competitive type. He likes to be the best and doesn't really take kindly to being ignored when someone does something before him or does it better. He spends much of his time practicing various activities to better himself almost to the point of obsession and often compares his own worth to those around him.
Plots
Foal RP Ideas:
You can't be Better than Me- One day after failing a particularly hard lesson for him he is insanely jealous and constantly goading his older sibling, who naturally did it better, in to a competition and having to learn another tough lesson of acceptance.

This feels Amazing- Being the best flyer of his three siblings, Alysandir often takes to the skies to have a little alone time and free himself from the feeling of jealousy and inferiority if even just for a little while. But then his sibling(s) come and effectively ruin his fly... Or maybe not...

Adult RP Ideas:
What is this Feeling?- Alysandir is having a hard time making heads or tails of a feeling.A terrifying yet exhilarating feeling. A feeling so strong he can't deny it. He seeks the guidance of his mother and He finally knows what that feeling is.
(a plethora of other RPs that I plan on laying out as he gets older and more experienced.)
Choose Me- Alysandir has come across his toughest competition yet. The competition for another's affections. He wants it more than anything but can just his desire win it all? (I plan on this one happening more than once and him not succeeding every time.)
Prompt Picked: 3

Prompt Response

Alysandir trotted to keep up with his mother making sure to stay ahead of his twin and younger sibling. "what are we doing today Mother?" his twin piped up behind him. His mother didn't reply right away instead gracefully walking towards a steep windy cliff and turning back to her young ones. "Today you will learn how to fly." She said calmly before snapping her wings open and launching into the sky. Alysandir watched in awe as his mother's small form fought against the strong wind and performed a delicate arc in the air before descending again to stand among her foals once more. Alysandir fluttered his wings and tried to feel the muscles in his back in anticipation hoping that they had the same strength that his mothers had. His older sibling came forward her eyes shining with excitement and desire. Alysandir instantly felt a little dejected because of the natural order his mother tended to go by of oldest to youngest. He watched as his mother gave her a critical eyes before a small nod of encouragement. " You won't be strong enough to fly from a stand still so your first flight must be a running start. Go back as far as you'd like and run as fast as you can then leap and snap your wings out. Hopefully the rest is instinct." His mother flew off the cliff and hovered a little away from the tip and nodded for the oldest to go. Turning to watch his oldest sibling he grew jealous of her look of determination and was already feeling like she had bested him. As she ran he watched her dark wings snap out and shouted with surprise as she suddenly went plummeting. his mother shot down and caught her hauling her back up and and sitting her safely on the cliff. She gave a sheepish smile and winced when she tried to fold one of her wings. Their mother snorted in amusement and nuzzled her but said with a chiding voice. "You snapped your wings too early and too hard. you hyper-extended your wing, so it is going to be sore but I think if your rest for the rest of the day you might be able to practice tomorrow." As his mother turned to him Alysandir had a sense of renewed hope. "It is your turn now Alysandir. Be careful you must judge when to open your wings properly or else you will end up like your sister." Leaving his sister laying in the short gravelly grass she flew back out and hovered again giving the same signal to him. Taking a deep breath he ran. As he reached the end of the cliff he suddenly felt a feeling take over him and his wings extended. His first direction down but the next direction was a graceful curve higher into the sky. He laughed in exhilaration and flew straight for a second before experimentally turning and gave a whoop when he easily turned. He didn't flap as he turned back to the cliff edge and landed with a thump and a stumble breathing hard and smiling and his siblings smiled and praised him. his mother nuzzled him and and though she said nothing verbally he saw the proud look in her eye and for the rest of the lesson he sat starry eyed as his younger sibling struggled a little with her flying, his thoughts consumed with the next time he could be in the air.

Fokushi Meishin

Desirable Friend

6,975 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:25 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:14 am
Played by: Tiger_Kisa699
Name: if male: Foxglove if female: Oleander
Gender (optional): Male(For entry)
RP examples (optional): X//X//X I have other older ones but these are some of my more recent ones.
About: Foxglove would be quiet but prone to out breaks if hes not getting his way. Hes VERY Close with his twin and feels a bond with him. He knows where hes at when their not in sight of eachother. He doesn't like being away from him though. He will do anything to keep his brother safe, he views their other sibling as less then the two of them cause he/she is not a twin but he still loves the other one like family. He looks up to his mother and wants to be just like her but he wants to be strong and amazing like his father. He wants to be better then them eventually so that he can show them that they made such an amazing son as he is.

As he grows older he would be a collector of lovers like his parents are. I don't right now feel like he'll have a favorite, he'll think hes too handsome and amazing to have a favorite one which is why he has several of them. To Spread the handsome around that his himself.
Plots
Who are you? Are you mine?-Maybe an accidental run in with a foal who isn't family and he tries to make him/her his new toy and take it home with him.

fights-I would plan a few fights with him and others. I like fun drama fights and as he grows i want him testing his skills and stuff so he can be big and strong like his daddy.

fights 2.0-I would like there to be a good fight between him and the other sibling Twitch has. Where maybe Twiches basket is tired of all the mean things or ways that Foxglove says or does to him or just wants to prove hes/shes as good as him and his twin are and fights him over it. Could be while their foals still or adults. Or both. Im game for either.

Collection-He will have several RP's where he meets his 'toys' and lovers that he collects. I could see him either attempting to win them over with fake sweet words and actions but then they come home and hes suddenly kind of an a** but their stuck now. Some would be him 'saving' someone he wants when he caused the danger in the first place, and then has them pledge themselves to him and he keeps them from there.

Prompt Response

What is this? Why is it so dark still? Im so cramped and stuck. These things on my back have no room. Get! ME! OUT!! Flexing his body the little foal who had grown way too impatient inside that small basket flung his head up and pushed himself to his feet. The lid of the basket going flying and away from him as he stood, shakily on his feet and looked all around. Moments later a very similar looking foal popped out of a basket next to him. He looked at the red and black one and knew it to be his brother. Knew him to be exactly like him even if he was different colored. He smiled and looked to the other side where a basket was wiggling but had not popped just yet. He smirked and thought that sibling a foolish weakling for not being strong like him and his twin!

Looking at his back to the things that had been hurting him with their want of freedom he saw wings on his back and his siblings. Flaring his as wide as he could to get the cramps out of them he smiled as he pranced from the basket with his wings held wide as he looked up and around. There were others near by and looking at the two of them, soon to be three if their slow moving weakling of a sibling got it self moving, as he walked forward.

He worked his mouth a little bit and looked over them all around him. "Hello." he said smoothly as he looked at the dainty one with blue hair. "My brother and i are hungry." he said for his twin as he glanced his way and smiled. Moments later the last basket popped open and he looked back at it and laughed. "You are almost late and i would have made sure my twin and i had all the food if you had been any later." he said softly with a smirk as he stood near his twin and looked again at his mother, for she could only be that why else would she be here with them as they came from those stupid baskets. "What will you call me mother?" he asked unexpectedly as he stood waiting for food and a name. He had been first. He wanted to be best now that he saw what their little sibling was like. A late comer and not like him or his twin. He would be better then the late one and he and his twin were of one soul in two bodies he could feel it already. The herds would tremble at their feet when he was big enough he already knew it.

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Marathon 300

ABVirus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:38 am
Played by:ABVIRUS
Name: Westrose // Nickname M: West // Nickname F: Rose
Gender (optional): CC
RP examples (optional): RP examples: Example 1 example 2
About:
foal: While young Westrose will spend a good deal of time with Ive's in the garden, learning herbalism and how to tend to plants. Not taking the strict upbringing well- retreating to the garden for an escape. Westrose Feels intense anxiety when away from their twin. Taking out this stress by tormenting Ive's and langdon. They see Ives of inferior race, seeing his quiet nature as a simple mind, and takes especial issue with Ives lack of horns.

Adult: They take after their mother bearing her detached, proud temperament, and Ive's quiet questioning nature. They are elitist and cruel and spend much of their free time hunting fox. having developed a particular taste for the meat and the challenge of the hunt... a past time developed early on in life The tormenting of Ives continues, however it is no longer malicious. Closer to scare pranks due to a baseline of deep seated respect for their mothers main pet. Earned through years of his reliable care and support, as he never broke. Despite frequent plotting and countless cruel acts. An act of consideration not extended to their parents other pets. Despite his inferior race, he is viewed as family and treated as such. An example of why to not be judgmental, and the value of loyalty. Westrose grew out of the separation anxiety from their twin with age, but will take frequent trips to visit family, their twin especially, sometimes joining Ives while running errands. Westrose took the care of the garden to heart and views it as a family treasure, and as such is VERY protective of it.
Plots
The garden is sick(adult) something is wrong with the roses, testing TBD's herbalism training.
Running errands (adult)) Westrose is joining Ives on an errand concerning TBD's beloved garden. what will happen on
Something Is Wrong! (foal/adult) Westrose has a sense that their twin is in harm, driven to make urgent and last minute travel to their last known location.
The Perfect Pet Westrose is looking for a pet, and not just any will do, they must be perfect.

Prompt Picked: -Two- Babysitting

Prompt Response

Westrose was away from their twin. This always resulted in mischief as the twins would keep each other occupied or at least keep the games to tormenting and hunting local wildlife. This meant langdon was to play the game of 'prey' the goat knew it would never be eaten- the twins mother had ensured that her pet and his friend was not to be seriously harmed by the twins- but that didn't stop the twins from playing rough. Ives, was physically safe due to his larger size, but Westrose had been trying (unsuccessfully) to get him to break since the twins could speak. The bored twin cuddling up with Langdon wrapping a wing around the goat while eyeing his horns. ...Speaking in a loud voice so that Ives could hear

"Nice horns you got, I find is disgusting when races that ought have them, do... not. they already below me. Now they are even less then the others own inferior race! hmmm. what's your thought on the matter Ives?"

a wicked gleam of anticipation in the youngsters eyes. Ives- said nothing. Used to the twins persistent efforts. continuing to tend to the black roses with his usual devotion and care. Westrose's eyes went dull as she waited a moment longer. taking a few short flaps of her small wings to clumsily land on Ive's back whispering in his ear:
"you're so good with plants- but can't even grow a proper set of horns. i've got a gift for you- stay here."
gliding off his back towards the cave and returning with some sticks.
"Here! now you won't be AS pathetic, and perhaps my mother will keep a few less pets, I saw her newest one, huuuge antlers, glowed softly in the dark... you should have the two of them. she really was quite impressed."
Ive glared at her a moment before asking a single question: "I'm secure of my place. What would I do with two stick youngling?"
Westrose- already prepared was delighted to have gotten the emotional rise out him, however small, fueling the game.
"No, you'll move it later. hmmm. These don't like proper horns, do they? though nothing would compare to that other pair, you really... missed out on that. I got another surprise for you!"
Westrose running and it was quiet for Ives to tend to the garden and call on his affection and devotion for the youngsters mother for patience. This time Westrose returned with a set of medium sized deer antlers proudly beaming. "Now we just need to find a unicorn to get them on your head- a horned unicorn. since ones without it- are especially worthless." laughing and bounding away leaving Ives to clean everything up. Including the half eaten dear corpse near his clearing. He would wake up the morning to the antlers right in front of his face.
---
As years passed- the games continued but they were less cruel. more mean pranks than the bored psychological games of old. These were now delegated to their pets. Ives, however was different than mothers other pets. He stayed, loyal and valuable. Part of the family.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:34 am
Played by: Lita Rutherford
Name: Sarcodes
Gender (optional): RPed as Male, will likely identify as male regardless of biological gender.
RP examples (optional): I don't have anything recent. Been trying to get RP more now, but I've only had "OOC" RP in AIM with a couple people so far.
About:

Sarcodes is a determined individual. Small, like his mother, he resents his size as a disadvantage, working twice as hard at everything to insure that he can overcome this "curse". He is also a very proud individual, not willing to accept help of any kind. To fail or succeed, he insist he do it himself. This will lead to a more competitive view of his siblings. Regardless of how they feel or view him, he feels he must always one up his siblings and be head of the pack, especially his "red doppelganger". As a child he is rather cocky and convinced of his superiority. He looks down heavily on others if he feels they are inferior. Mostly it is classic childish ignorance.

As he ages, he will learn to use his size for his advantage, happily picking fights to test his skills with everyone from his own mother to that poor squirrel that just wanted something to eat. Aside from his drive to be powerful and strong, he is generally laid back, and this will become more evident as he grows and becomes comfortable with himself. He can be downright playful and cheeky, to an obnoxious level. He is more then happy to enjoy a good laugh at someone else's expense, or skirt training to laze in the sun for an afternoon if the mood strikes him. This would be more-so as he develops into a young adult, when he has grown to realize he does not need to be in a continuous state of "push push push". During new situations, Sarcodes can become over zealous, going overboard before reining himself in. Often this is due to his desire to be the best clouding his judgment on what is to much.

Interacting with others, especially those not of kalona blood, he can very wildly from downright dangerous to charming as the mood strikes. Overall, he sees no reason to kill or push himself onto others to much (ie. he would never try to force a mare to do anything, if you get my drift) but that doesn't mean he sees a problem intimidating or roughing them up a little. Typically he will ignore most that are unworthy of his attention, or run them off. But if they catch his eye, he can be a dangerous predator, keen on securing his prey.

Plots

A Tool for Revenge - As a foal, Sarcodes is the target of a regular hell bent on revenge. Their family or loved ones where hurt/killed by kalona in the past and they have found tiny Sarcodes apparently alone in the woods without protection. They decide to exact their revenge on him, knowing they could not take a full sized adult on their own. Does his family come to his rescue? Does he let his family save him? Or must he fight this battle alone?

No Pain, No Gain - To occur as a foal or young adult, Sarcodes has pushed himself to long and to hard, leading to an injury. He is away from home and the protection of his family. Does he find a kind soul to offer/insist on helping him? Or a foe more interested in his head? (Especially as a foal, this scenario could play out a few times as he learns his limits)

You've got a Friend in Me - One of his siblings is in trouble (preferably the twin, but the younger sibling could work as well). As he himself values personal strength, the thought of helping one of his siblings when he himself would reject help in a similar situation would be hard for him. How does he handle being asked for help and how does their relationship develop based on his answer? The nature of this trouble (serious or trivial) wouldn't matter. helping anyone for any reason would be hard for him to deal with.

A Stallion of Worth - Sarcodes has grown to a fine young man. He is confident in himself and his abilities. He has several flings to catch his eye, little mares and stallions whom he enjoys spending time with. But someone has caught his eye in all his wanderings. They are everything he is not, a very refined gentle-stallion. He is torn between wanting to impress this stallion, and wanting to stay true to himself. The stallion in question may or may not have kalona blood, but would not be full kalona regardless, further adding to Sarcodes' distress. He would hesitate, wishing to seek his families opinions, but that childhood fear of not being strong enough would lead him to flip flop. He would end up meeting this stallion in secret, playing the part of gentle-stallion, but one of his flings or one of his siblings (or perhaps both? Perhaps he has a fling he shares with one of his siblings?) would find him with this stallion one day and blow his cover. Would this stallion keep interest in him, finding out his true nature? Would his family/fling friends approve of such a stallion? This would be a big moment for him, either outcome (love/lifemated to the stallion or alone after rejection) shaping how he is afterwards and his final views on each family member that is involved.

After "A Stallion of Worth" he would head off, searching for other family members, meeting and learning from them before making a return to his core family and could be used in other plots.

Prompt Picked: 4

(I kinda combined the first three to show snapshots of his childhood, then jumped to an adult snapshot to show what kinda stallion he would grow into and how he would interact with an outsider he found interesting)

Prompt Response

A slow creak, a snap, and bursting forth from the darkness rose the beast. Steam rose up from it's body as the cool night air hit the warmth of flesh. Towering over the remains of it's prison, it lifted it's leg and...

Tripped over a limp and now dew wet wing. The foal tumbled forward, landing on it's rear, eyes blinking at the much brighter surroundings.

Space.

That was the first thing through his mind. There was so much space. The air moved around him, cool and gentle. A caress against his warm skin. Above him, a wide expanse of sky, dark, but the light fading at the edges. Purples and oranges, like a flame that drew his eye. There were trees, towering things, reaching for the lights that grew in numbers as he watched. Sounds, so many sounds. A cacophony that made him pin his ears and snort in annoyance. Honestly, must this new world be so loud?

A dull ache formed and he blinked, looking around for the source of the unpleasant feeling and was surprised to see himself sitting on a wing. His wing. Rocking to the side quickly he stretched his wing wide and it collapsed to the ground beside him. He could feel the muscles twitch and shiver where the wings attached to his body, and soon noticed the shiver that went throughout him. Blinking he looked down at himself and his mind was filled with disgust. He was painfully thin, bones and joints jutting out at odd angles. He glanced behind him at the basket and tisked to himself. He could barely be larger then that thing... A quick glance at himself again. He was tiny.

He could have roared in anger, as annoyed as he was at this discovery. Clearly he had escaped his prison much to soon. He had to have a week left at least, perhaps a month... Not as if he could tell time through the haze of the basket, how long since he had been first born... He shook his little head. No matter, thin and frail, emerged too early, he would not let that hinder him. He struggled to his feet, and his ears picked up the voices through the din. He knew those voices. Swinging his head around his vision tried to focus on to much at once as he tried to fine the source.

Another surprise made him blink... Not thirty feet away two foals bounded and lept, their movements speaking of those that were used to the slick and unsteady ground. They were not terribly large, but even at the distance he could tell he was a fair bit smaller. That was unpleasant, to say the least. And another thing...

He was late. He felt the anger well up inside him at this discovery. He narrowed his eyes, glaring at them. Voices came again, and he realized his mother was there.... father to. His parents. They were there. A determined look came over his features and he steeled himself, hoisting his shaking body onto even more unsteady legs. Aches sprang up, joints popping into place, locking; muscles never before used groaning under the sudden demand. His mouth stay firmly shut, however, and he willed his body still as he stood, head raised proud. Very slowly, his wings stretched upwards, lifting off the ground until he had them held high on either side. A smirk came over his face and he waited as one by one the family, his family acknowledged him. His eyes made contact with the red doppelganger and he offered a playful wink before he jumped forward, mentally threatening his legs should they fail him. But they held strong, and he continued, bounding towards the others.

Perhaps he had been late, but one would never be able to say that ever stopped him.

~

A few weeks had passed since he and his siblings had escaped from the baskets. They each had adopted their own titles, and now the frail little foal who had been last to emerge was known as Sarcodes. His thin frame was growing stronger as the days past, and he continued to push himself, often into exhaustion as night came. Today was something new however, and as he rose he heard the voice of his mother speaking to Ives, the little thing that was kept around for reasons beyond his comprehension. Truth be told, he would have eaten the goat and run the stallion off, if it had been him. But his mother seemed to have some reason to keep the fluffy tailed stallion around. Then he blinked.

Alone... had she really just...

And sure enough, he watched as his mother disappeared, leaving he and his siblings alone with the wingless wonder. His eyes narrowed. She was leaving this thing to "babysit" he and his siblings while she went searching for some place for some reason. He hadn't quiet gathered her reasoning but he was sure she had lost her mind! After all, why would she leave them alone with... basically a glorified chew toy!

The stallion in questioned called for the three to come to him. Something about a game or another. A lesson more then likely. Something about something that really would not do him any good.

Rolling his eyes, Sarcodes turned and walked in the opposite direction. If his mother was going off who knows where, he would be more then able to go off on his own. As if this stallion could stop him. And their father was not present at the moment either, so now was his chance to go work on his skills. When their parents returned he would present them with a squirrel or... or a wolf! Yes, something that would show them he was far stronger then his siblings. Then perhaps he would be treated as a stallion, and not some little colt. They would take him with them when they traveled, and he wouldn't have to be "babysat" again. How embarrassing, really, for someone like him to need a babysitter!

"Sarcodes!" He heard Ives call out to him and he shook his head, holding it high, raising his little wings up. "There is a prize to the winner!"

That stopped him in his tracks. He flipped around, eyeing Ives with a new look. A prize, huh? To the best of this... game? He felt a grin stretch across his face as he slowly trotted back, picking his legs up extra high.
"Oh, well in that case, I'll take my prize now then." He tossed a confident smirk to his siblings. He could practically feel their exasperation. This wasn't the first time he had jumped ahead confidently, regardless of the situation. Ives went back to speaking, and Sarcodes only half listened, watching the ball that had been dragged out but the goat. A ball game... Cake. He leaned forward, butt in the air, tail whipping back and forth.

"Well come on then, I don't have all day!" He laughed as the stallion conceded and the game began...

~

Sarcodes rolled his eyes and watched his doppelganger lept off the tall rock they had been brought to. He was, truth be told, sulking. The snot had won the stupid game, which had to have been rigged. The prize in question? First go at flying lessons. He rolled his eyes as his twin circled around to run off the rock again. They would keep going until they made some progress, they had been told. Then the next would go, then the next. Thankfully, he would be second. So as soon as...

He jerked his head around from where he had turned to watch a frog. The shout of excitment had been from said twin, and the jerk was floating down to the ground with surprising grace. Of course, of course. He narrowed his eyes as the twin moved to the end of the line, snorting at the smile on their face. Could they look any more cocky? Seriously, it's not as if they took off on some amazing flight. They basically just didn't fall to quickly that time. Shaking his head he trotted forward, quickly make his way up the rock and leaping into the air without hesitation. His wings beat quickly, and he grinned with superiority as he felt himself begin to hover.

Finally! Or rather, of course! Of course he would be good at flying! Why wouldn't he be-

The earth smacked into him painfully and he swore he heard someone chuckle behind him. His wing twisted painfully under him and he growled before he turned and stalked back. The younger sibling was making it's way up to the rock now, so clearly he had managed something, but something was not good enough. Roughly, Sarcodes shoved the other foal to the side, resuming his place at the top of the rock. He squared his shoulders and spread his wings once more, glaring straight ahead. Backing up half a step, he lept forward once more, beating his wings once, twice, and he was airborne. His face kept the determined glare however, he would not lose focus this time! Flapping in quick, strong strokes, he not only hovered this time, but rose. Higher and higher, soon he was equal with some of the lower treetops.

He laughed. He couldn't help it, the feeling was so strong. Swinging his body around, his wings still beating on either side, he looked down to his family and grinned broadly. That would show them! He might be the smallest, but his wings were not lacking in power, clearly! He let out a whoop of joy, bouncing a little higher as he did so.

Then came the pause. He was up, higher then he had ever been before. His wings beat steady but as he had never used them in such a way before they were quickly beginning to ache. And it was growing stronger by the minute. A panic gripped his chest. How did one land... If he stopped flapping he would drop like a rock. In fact he felt as if he would plummet to the ground bellow if he so much as slowed. And as this panic increased, so did the speed of his wings, and the distance between himself and the ground. He closed his eyes a moment, trying to calm himself.

Taking a deep breath, he reopened his eyes and tilted himself forward, slowly closing his wings. The ground began to rush up, the air making it impossible to hear anything but the woosh as it passed by. With a snap he reopened them a mere moment later, jolting to a stop now equal with the rocky ledge that was their jumping point. Slowly, praying the shaking wasn't obvious, he reached out with a hoof and carefully stepped forward onto solid ground. He cracked a grin and held his head high as he walked to the back of the line. His body shivered with the adrenaline, but he kept himself steady, folding his wings against his body to try and hide the shake. He would show no weakness in front of his siblings, or god forbid, his parents! He cast them another smirk and shoo'ed the youngest sibling forward.

"Go on then, we don't have all day, and some of us would like to get back to our turn once more." He scoffed. Yes, his turn would return shortly, and this time he would land properly...

He hoped.

~

The time had passed quickly, it seemed. It had only been just yesterday that Sarcodes and his siblings where little things, just learning to hunt, to fly, to fight. He smirked as he stretched out on the ledge overlooking the forest he had called home for so long now. It had been... two years now? That sounded about right, two years and now he was a strong, strapping lad. And still small as a mare. He snorted and shook his head, looking down into a small clearing. This was his favorite spot, where he would watch, and occasionally dive in to catch, small animals for fun. Ah but today was an overcast day, and many creatures large and small were hiding from the storm brewing. A smatter of droplets fell, tapping his flanks. He whipped his tail in annoyance, casting a glare to the sky, before poking out his tongue.

"Do you're worst!" he snapped, his voice deep. A rumble of thunder broke through as if in answer. He rolled his eyes before his ears picked up the small gasp bellow. Looking down quickly he saw the small, light colored mare that had entered. Her body shivered against the cold breeze that began to pick up. She was foreign to him, clearly some poor thing lost in his families land.

That, or his parents had brought home a new pet... He cocked his head curiously, watching her once more. No, she didn't seem like someone who was owned by anyone. A lost lamb, for sure. And she resembled a lamb in so many ways. Her body was small, and light in color. Frail. This mare never did a days work in her life, he could tell. No, she was no fighter. He felt himself grin. While he would have loved a challenge, this instead presented a new opportunity.

A pet of his own.

Standing quickly he rose, spreading his large wings. With one, two beats he rose into the air silently. His small body was no match for the power of his wings, and with ease he floated down toward his prey.

She jerked up, her eyes widening as they spotted him land in front of her. There was a surprising lack of fear, which excited him. She wasn't afraid of him, just surprised. She hadn't expected to find someone else here. That was good. Her guard was down.

"Good evening, m'lady" He bowed low, keeping an eye on her. He could play the gentlemen, but he wasn't an idiot. Never judge someone on their looks, he knew that from experience. "May I, Sarcodes of the Eastern Lands, be of assistance to a poor creature such as yourself?" He offered a charming smile for good measure.

The mare seemed to relax as he spoke. Clearly she was an idiot, but all the better.

"Oh, thank goodness!" She said softly. Another roll of thunder went past and she jumped in fear. Afraid of the thunder, but not of him? Clearly she was a moron! Not surprising, really. Her body was bare of wings, horns, or anything to make her special. Just a plain little normal mare. Really, you couldn't expect much from them.

"Dear me, worried for the storm?" He cocked his head in question. "Were you mayhaps looking for shelter?" He offered.

Her head bobbed quickly. "Oh yes, it seems the very sky wishes to open up and rain upon us. I was traveling along the mountains to find a safe passage over them when the sky began to darken so violently. Perhaps... you would not know of a place to rest, would you? Does this land belong to any herd? I have not seen anyone yet and was unsure..."

That was surprising, you'd think she'd have run into someone by now. Ives, his parents, anyone really... But if she was hugging the mountain, it was possible she had bypassed them. "Well, you are in luck!" He smiled. "My family lives in these lands. I know them like the back of my wing, and I would most certainly be able to lead you to a safe haven for the storm." He moved to her side, grinning broadly as he stretched a wing over her, trapping her beside him. "Please, come with me, little creature. I will take very good care of you." his grin darkened, tinged with malice. "You are in good hooves, so to speak."

She smiled back sweetly at him, innocent and oblivious. "Oh thank you, thank you so much!" she gushed.

His grin now was as dark as the sky. "Oh my pleasure, my pet!" He laughed at her confused look. "Come with me then, I'll make sure you make it through the storm." Carefully turning his body, holding his wing firmly against her, he lead her into the trees, heading to the overhang he knew was just a short distance away. If she had simply kept to the trees she would have found it all on her own, and perhaps would be out of his family's lands all on her own. But now... Now he had a new challenge...

As the stormed passed the next morning he left the saftey of the overhang, the small mare following quietly behind him. A small cut ran across her cheek where he had lashed out with his tail, but she was otherwise unharmed. He had won, as he thought he would, and soon he would introduce his new pet to his family.

"Come now, dear, smile." He urged her, his voice almost soft.
She shook a little, cracking a smile. "Sorry." She said softly before she signed heavily. "I'll try harder." She nodded weakly.

"Better, much better." He smirked. Perhaps his mother was not insane for keeping the lesser creatures about. Perhaps they could provide amusment after all! He laughed softly to himself, holding his wings high, his chest puffing out in pride.

Oh yes, they could provide amusement indeed!

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:54 pm
Played by: Tsunake
Name: Hoarfrost (A white coating of ice crystals formed by sublimation of atmospheric water vapor on a surface. Also called white frost.)
(optional): To be determined. Will use male pronouns for this entry, but overall the personality will be the same.
RP examples
(optional):
Old Values, Old Blood
Testing the Waters
Untitled
Keeping Beasts at Bay

About: Hoarfrost takes after his father in size, but as a foal, this will render him as an awkward, gangly thing. He is a quiet creature and prefers not to mince words, especially with strangers. He is more talkative with his family, especially his twin and younger sibling, and often takes time to think over what he wants to say before he bothers to say it. Some may mistakenly think he is slow or stupid because of this, while instead he focuses on making certain he truly speaks his mind.

His confidence is unshakeable thanks to his mother's strict upbringing and lessons on pride, and Hoarfrost possesses a silent sort of arrogance. He does not need to boast of how he and his family are superior beings; the proof lies in his lineage, and other creatures are beneath his notice until they prove otherwise. If Hoarfrost does decide that another is worthy, he will be more amiable towards them, but do not expect his taciturn nature to soften much.

Like his mother, Hoarfrost is reserved with affection, offering only small gestures and touches when he is certain that they will not be seen by unwanted eyes. His patience is vast, and though it takes quite a bit to truly rile him up, Hoarfrost does not ever forget a slight or insult.

He is protective of his family, though he will allow them to fight their own battles and will not insult their honor by stepping in needlessly. Should one insult or wound a family member of his though, Hoarfrost will exact vicious retribution without pause. It is the one time that he does not stop to ponder his actions.

The colt will never be found far from his siblings' sides. He feels that his twin truly understands him even when he does not speak, and for that, he is always appreciative. He keeps a careful eye on his younger sibling, never hindering their own explorations and adventures, but always close by in case they need a helping hoof. Once he matures, I imagine he will stray to search for his own territory, but he will always regularly return to his family grounds to check in on his kin.

Plots

Enough is Enough - A foal plot in which Hoarfrost encounters a friendly, chatty foal from outside of his family. His stubborn silence doesn't ward the other off, and eventually, the young colt is pushed to more drastic measures. Does he resort to violence? Does he give in? The RP will tell!

No Good Deed... - As a stallion, perhaps Hoarfrost stumbles upon someone in danger and in need of saving. He complies--but only after the other promises that they owe him a favor when he comes calling. Does the other creature honor their word when Hoarfrost returns to claim his favor? Or will he need to show them that he's more frightening than the beast he saved them from?

Territory Disputes - I'd like him to have some clashes with other strong stallions/mares as he tries to carve out a little piece of home for himself!

A True Enemy - Hoarfrost has the misfortune of encountering a skinwalker or another deadly Soquili. He likely will not escape the beast unscathed, especially if it is near his family! Whether the damage is mental or physical is unknown right now... or maybe, he enters a deadly deal to keep the creature away from his family's territory...

Prompt Picked: Sort of a mix between 2 and 4!

Prompt Response

This was not the first time that Ives had been put in charge of the three of them, and Hoarfrost very much doubted it would be the last. The soft spoken stallion worked for his mother, and his knowledge about the world and herbs was something that Hoarfrost took a keen interest in. To the outside world, Ives may have appeared to be a 'mere' regular Soquili, but Hoarfrost quickly grew to respect his babysitter and mentor of sorts.

Today though, Ives was not the center of attention.

The young colt was studying Ives' familiar today, squinting at Langdon silently. The horns that furled from his brow, his stocky, squat form...Goats were strange creatures. Ives had told him how they would often butt heads together to see who was the stronger one between them. Hoarfrost snorted quietly, his nostrils flaring even as he lowered his head. Langdon quirked a brow at him, his face completely stoic. Clearly the familiar was unimpressed with the foal of their captives.

With a lash of his tail, Hoarfrost charged forward, thunking his head against the goat's with a grunt. The jolt of the impact roared all the way down his spine, and the gangly horse wobbled violently before he stumbled. Langdon chortled smugly at the sight, apparently not even phased.

How was he so strong? He was so small! Another chuckle caught his attention, and he whipped his head around to stare accusingly at Ives. The stallion had a gentle smile on his face, as though he could sense what Hoarfrost was thinking. "Strength comes in many shapes and sizes," He said lightly, mirroring the sentiment that his mother had expressed.

The colt looked at Langdon a bit more closely, surprise and respect glinting in his eyes. "..I see." He replied, slowly lowering his head again. The goat shifted his stance minutely, clearly ready for another bout.

He would learn to get stronger, even if it was from others.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:12 pm
Played by: AstoriaFallen
Name: Solanaceae (if female, means Night Shade) Verglas (if male, means Glaze Ice)
Gender (optional): Female or Male will be Pansexual
RP examples (optional): You remind me (Astraea x Barachiel)
When you wish upon a star (Astraea x Amadahy)
[November ORP] Cold
About: There are two sides to everything, just as there are two sides to them. Calm and quiet on the outside but proud and fierce on the inside. They are going to be strong and push their siblings to be stronger, even if it means bending the rules a little bit. They won't cause harm to their siblings or family members but they will test them at times in a rather calm and odd manner.

They are going to be a bit of the silent type, but only because they are observing everything around them. They will have a thrill for hunting and seeking out those that have potential to be useful to them. Anyone that is considered weak won't be tolerated by them and will be given the chance to leave or suffer some rather unwanted consequences. They just won't tolerate anyone who isn't worthy. If you have no worth then you have no value and that's how they will operate.

They aren't going to be entirely accepting of others at first but they will give them some consideration before telling them to move on or taking them as a form of acquaintance or pet. Afterall, everyone likes to have a play thing to keep them company right?

When it comes to size they are going to be medium to large build and have some relatively decent strength to them.

Plots
Family RP- definitely going to want some interaction between all of the family members. I would like to see how they interact with their other siblings, to see if their personalities clash or if they get along and scheme together.

Some pets- I would like for them to meet some others in which they find useful to them and would like to keep them around as entertainment or even toy with them.

I want them to meet someone that challenges them and pushes them to be even stronger than they are. Perhaps it's their sibling, or even an outside source. I would like for something tragic to happen to them, like on of their pets is injured by someone and the go and track the one responsible down.

Prompt Response

Warmth. That was the first thing that registered in their conscience as they became aware of their life in a pre-existing world. The second thing was that they felt cramped, confined, suffocated almost. With a burst of energy and expansion of their extremities they broke free of the basket that had been keeping them kept from the rest of the living. The warmth was replaced with cold and eyes fluttered open as they peered around them. The first thing they saw was the basket of another before them and it seemed as though it was breaking open just as eagerly as they had been. Lifting their head they noticed there was another that had seemed to have broke free before themself and the other.

With an extension of their frail wings they shook themself and stood up on wobbly legs and gazed at the two others who were it's siblings. After close inspection of themselves they realized that one of the others looked just like them, though slightly different in coloration. A few things came across their conscience in the few moments it took for them to gain steady ground. How strong were their siblings? They hoped that they weren't weak by any means. They both seemed strong and healthy and this made them proud. They would have hated to have had to kill of one of their siblings because of a deformity or weakness. Pleased that everything between the three of them was in order they looked around and spotted first the very large, gray form of what they assumed was their father. They were very pleased with this because he looked strong and massive. After a moment they looked towards the smaller, darker form and recognized the female as their mother. She seemed small, but something about her demeanor seemed fierce and this made them even more elated.

They remained silent and felt a gnawing in their stomach and the smell of something wonderful hit their senses. It was the smell of blood, a fresh kill. Looking down at the feet of the adults the spotted an unmoving form. They were unsure of what it was but it smelled good and without hesitation moved forward and tore into the flesh eagerly. If the others didn't join in soon, they would likely want to eat it all. It was survival of the fittest was it not? Though they wouldn't let their siblings starve or waste away.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PixelDeerest

Dapper Dabbler

9,275 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:13 pm
Played by: PixelDeerest
Name: Belladonna if female (a poisonous plant); Moraine if male (seems fitting as it means a ​large ​mass of ​rocks and ​dirt that is ​carried along with a ​glacier)
Gender (optional): Rping as female
RP examples (optional): Links to other RPs

About:
Belladonna is a Kalona of medium size, but she finds this of great advantage in her training as a Kalona warrior - allowing her both to be fast, while still retain some punch behind her attacks. Her training in the Purist-Kalona army causes her to be away from her family more than she'd like. Overall, Belladonna has a deep-seated love for all of her siblings, as well as her parents. Even though she has a twin, she'd asked her twin if they could make a promise that their twin-ship would never give either of them priority over any of their other siblings. This allows her to give equal love to all of her siblings, while never feeling as if she is taking away love from her twin.

Yet, her training makes her quiet and introspective. Having been mentored since an early age, Belladonna is constantly at war with herself about the ethics of her assigned mission. All of her teachings tell her that she is following in the footsteps of great Kalona, yet her family and friends who aren't Kalona tell her that this isn't true. The constant feelings of guilt and duty are at war inside her, and this makes her distant and sad - always frowning, and looking as if someone is about to die.

However, she is also sure to make it known that her love for her family comes first. If any of her siblings come to any danger - she will be one of the first one the scene. She is willing to keep any secret, or do any favor that her family asks of her. Belladonna has a special affinity for her mother - feeling a particular closeness with her because of her past as a Kalona purist who grew to tolerate non-Kalona.

Plots

Becoming a Warrior: Meeting Kaskara:
My Soq, Kaskara, is the son of the true-blood Kalona Alpha and Protector. In his travels he is always looking for more pure Kalona's to "take under his wing" in his quest to regain control of the herds. He believes that Kalona are the superior species and, therefore, disdains with the passion of a skinwalker, every other breed.
Therefore, when, one day during his travels, Kaskara sees/hears the family of Kalona's - an idea jumps into his mind to introduce himself to Nightshade and Glacier and ask permission to train one of their children (maybe telling them the whole story, maybe he lies and tells them it's for non-murderous purposes). Belladonna is chosen among them to become his protege.

Alignment: Understanding One's Self
Belladonna struggles with her identity as she it taught to hate all non-Kalona, even though she is used to being around family members who aren't only Kalona. This will be an assortment of rps that allow her to meet some Kalona and get their perspectives while also meeting other non-Kalona soquili in order to make her own judgement about them

Decision: Consquences of a Choice
Belladonna is given her "graduation" assignment by Kaskara where she is told she must 'purify' a non-Kalona/Half-breed Kalona by killing them. Here Belladonna either decides to do it, or to turn on her mentor. Whatever the decision, Belladonna confesses to her parents what has been going on, and deals with how she feels about either betraying Kaskara or killing an innocent.

Prompt Picked: 4! C: In this prompt I will be rping Kaskara and Belladonna meeting, briefly

Prompt Response

The time was approaching dusk, it had been a tiring day of playing with her siblings under the watchful gaze of her parents. Somehow she knew that their playing was a simulation for the real-life actions that adults did - things like chase prey, stalking, fighting, or even killing others. However, to her siblings all of their fun was just that, fun. Sure, it was fun for her too - but it just made her think of how they were all going to grow up one day, and how the future may not always be as fun as they hoped it would be.

The sun continued to sink below the treetops, nudging her parents to call their children inside the cave, but the ever thoughtful Belladonna remained just outside the mouth of their home. She had thought she had seen a shadow move quietly as the edge of the tree line. The shadow moved like it meant for only Belladonna to have seen it, but it didn't move any closer. Looking back once at her home, Bella moved silently towards the tree lined - hoping that she wasn't getting herself into any danger, even as her curiosity guided her forward.

"Hello" she called out, voice unwavering. "I know you're waiting there. Who are you?" Very slowly, she wove her way through the trees - deeper into the woods that surrounded the swamp.

A solemn, but commanding, voice rose from behind her, "Hello" a slight pause followed as the adult Kalona came into her sight line, "I heard voices from the other side of the tree line, and came to look. While I hope I'm not intruding, I can't say that I regret it."

"To me it seems like you're trespassing. You wouldn't have been able to hear us if you hadn't already been deep into our territory." Belladonna furrowed her gaze at the Kalona male, and stood defiantly without moving.

"Smart. That'll take you far..." The male let the ominous statement hang precariously in the air between them, "I'll be honest, I was travelling - looking for pure Kalona's to join me...in a...project. However, I stopped in when I heard some thing that sounded promising." His piercing eyes gave her a terrifying once over, "Are your parents in?"

The question caught her off guard. The once-over, the question about her parents...it made her mind paint this male in a...very creepy light. The way that he skulked about their grounds made it seem like this male had plans, dangerous plans, and like they all involved her family. Yet, at the same time, there was something strong and regal about him that made her want to give him the information he had asked for.

The filly stood unabashed, taking one long-hard-look at the Kalona before deciding how to proceed, "...What's your name?" She asked.

The male took note of the curiosity and slight hint of resignation in her tone, bringing a barely noticeable smirk to his face, "Kaskara, and yours would be?..." He replied, readying himself to follow the filly into her family's den.

Instead of replying, though, the filly shook her head and then nodded to the place where her family resided, "I'll take you, but it's not for me to give you information about myself" The words came out like a duty, a protection both for herself - and for her family.

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff