Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:40 pm
This is a private RP between Belloblossom's Savannah and ABvirus' Obelos.

If you are neither myself nor Virus, then please do not post here!

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:45 pm
User Image

Savannah

To say that Savannah was an adventurous mare would be an understatement. She went wherever her gut took her, which was all over the place. From the Eastern Forest to the Western Swamp (now that had a sticky story behind it!) Savannah was slowly becoming certain that she would soon have seen all the Kawani lands. Her only fault? She had been so busy exploring with such a heavy desire to see everything so quickly, that she hadn't stopped to talk with the locals at many of the destinations she stopped at.

This must be remedied at once. Thought Savannah, who was currently striking a dramatic pose atop the mountains that led up to the Hot Springs in the western region. She had been in dire need of a bath after the indecent at the swamp. The dramatic pose upon the mountain's edge was not just to look like a true adventurer, but to dry out her coat as well. The next Soquili I come across will have my full attention. I shall tell them of my quests and my, won't they be impressed!

It was a wonderful plan, Savannah thought and with a toss of her head and q merry whinny, she stepped away from the edge and began to walk down the mountain trail, her eyes peering around every turn for the unsuspecting Soquili she may come across.

ABvirus

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ABVirus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:23 pm
Glints of green flame softly lit the cave as eyes caught the silhouette of a mare lingering on the Cliffside. The trail passed near the cave that had belonged to the pelt- currently bonded to the Bear walker. The predator was patient. Watching.

At ease immediately knowing no there was need to hide from the bright eyes that rounded the trail bend. There as no fear in them (yet). The main thing keeping her from ambushing it for sport was the smell. The light coated mare had come from the swamp- and there was little chance she was going to bite something that filthy. Meals tasted much better coming from the hot springs, opposed to arriving.

Obelus pretending to wake up fully as the Soq passed. A well timed, (and discreet) kick sending the bears skull scattering deeper into the cave.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:09 am
Savannah

One would think, as Savannah did, that thee would be more Soquili upon the mountain pass. The sun was bright, the sky was blue, and only a few clouds, devoid of any hint of grey, passed overhead. Very rarely, a cloud would move in front of the sun and shade the ground below in dim lighting. The weather was pleasant, the foliage was healthy, and the hot springs was supposed to be quite the popular destination. So why was there no one about?

Of course as soon as I actually want to talk to someone, all intelligent life seems to flee. The mare shook her head again, trying to put it out of her mind, for a dark notion was beginning to take root there. There is no danger here. I am just being silly. She was not a skittish mare, but her gut had never been wrong before and there had to be a reason why the trail was so suddenly quiet.

She was debating turning and hiking back up the trail to the springs again, maybe her coat was still a bit wiffy. Another soak surely wouldn't do her much harm, would it? However, as she was just turning away, her ears perked at the sound of something scraping against stone. With a sudden curiousity, her gut instinct quelled, she noticed a cave at the end of the mountain trail. Hot springs pushed from her mind, Savannah advanced down the trail and stopped at the mouth of the cave, peering inside.

It took her eyes a moment to adjust, but they were immediately attracted to the green glowing orbs that hung about a slender neck. This neck was attached to a head, and once the head raised, it blinked eyes of emerald flame at her. The fiery eyes, paired with the orbs around the creature's neck created enough light to cause the twisting of her gut to return in full force. Savannah had quite literally walked into a skinwalker's den. However was she going to get out of this one?

The same way she always did, she thought, recalling her voice and how to use it. By talking her way out of a conflict.
"Oh, hello there. I didn't mean to wake you, my bad. If you'd like, you can go right back to sleep and I'll be out of your mane, er...fur, in a shake of a rattler's tail." That was enough talking, right? She could run now, right? But the mare could only find herself taking slow steps backwards, her eyes fixed in those if the bear-coated walker.

ABvirus

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ABVirus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:47 am
Obelus Grinned- there was that fear she had been looking for.

Speaking in a calm and level tone- "No. No. No need at all, you pretty thing-"
the skin walkers nose wrinkling in disgust as she got closer "and while that look of panic is... cute, If I had wanted to hurt you- I've already had three chances-
when you rounded the bend..."
timing it to kicking a rock towards Savannah.
"approached my den- and then-" a small bubble of cold acidic laughter leaving her lips
"...bounded into it. yet you are still whole. Lucky, stinking thing." The mares ears pressed flat against the pelt with nostrils flared. the glowing eyes slitted in the daylight but slowly opening wider as they adjusted to the light.

Now- that were past the nasty topics. Ease up! Your lack of hygiene has earned you a new series of days to live!"
the bear walker continuing in the same relaxed tone- taking on a melodic and calming rise and fall.
My name- is Obelus, and do stay. All I want to do is figure out how useful you are to me, before I let you run off.
the emerald fire flickering as the walker slipped into a neutral stance.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:23 am
Savannah

[Useful? Oh no, no, no, no. While it seemed as this Walker wasn't like the "kill now, threaten later" type, like Savannah had picked up in her travels (she was a sucker for scary stories with a good villain) she did not want to stick around to test this mare's patience. If she didn't provide any use, she would surely be killed and if she was any sort of useful, she would likely become enslaved to this psycho, which was perhaps worse than the former alternative. Gotta get out of here... The mare thought, breathing deeply as she considered her options.

"Well, excuuuuuuse you. I can tell you right now that I am the best of the best. I have sent Kelpies splashing back into their lakes and rivers just by drawing close, I have dueled a raven and won and I'll have you know that when that foals have shaken in my presence!" Of course, she was stretching the truth. It was obvious by the outrageous pride in her eyes. Being so young, it was natural to boast and it would be impossible for a seasoned manipulator like the skinwalker to see such things. These thoughts did not come into Savannah's mind as she bragged, she was only hoping so make the bear coated monster a touch uneasy or distracted in hopes that Savannah could bolt and the creature would be too doubtful to follow.

The reality of her bragging had gone as such: the Kelpies were moving to case her away from their lakes only because she had splashed through them. They didn't want her to scare the fish, they later apologized, so they had rushed at her. The duel with the raven was more of a one-sided shouting match, before Savannah had kicked her hind legs into the tree the bird was perched upon, causing it to take flight and depart. As for the foals, she had been playing and prancing with them and own colt had shaken with so much excitement that he'd fallen over. It was quite a sight!

Surely her plan had to work, Savannah thought desperately. She had no intention of becoming a skinwalker's pet, or meal.

ABvirus

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ABVirus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:52 am
Obelus glared while observing the young mares mind work. then - the deep breath following a string of lies.

Fine- fine. You done lying kelpie slayer? you've been quite rude, and I still have no means to address you- despite giving my own name. tch. tch. baaad pony.

the neutral stance shifting as the bear walker kicked a medium sized stone -bouncing it off a tree with a dull thud before it sped towards the mares left flank with enough force to leave sensitivity and bruising.

"let's try this again raven tongue. I'm in a non gaming mood. but... if you want to play games- we can play... hmmm... how about.... dodge the stones. Each lie gets you the wondrous prize of ...wait for it... sarcasm dripping from each word. As a second stone was kicked and sent flying past her head. ...A new stone to dodge. I do look forward to how you're going to embellish this tale into a remarkable victory."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:05 pm
Savannah

Okay, so that plan quite clearly didn't work. Savannah was about ready to just turn and flee into the Western Forest. There were hints and rumors of a mighty Guardian there, who guarded the innocent from the monsters outside. If she could just outrun the skinwalker until she got to the forests a few miles away, she had to be safe... Provided these rumors were true, of course.

They have to be. Savannah thought, ears pinned in the face of danger and a resolve settling in her stomach. If that is my only option left, than it absolutely has to be.

She was abruptly brought back from her semi-frantic musings when a hark stone clipped her side. The mare jumped, disbelief in her eyes as she both felt bewilderment and admiration for the aim of the monster before her. But rock kicking? That had to be one of the lamest points of attack.

Hauling boulders on the other hoof... That was more entertaining to be sure. Another rock flew overhead, grazing her forelock and flattening her short mane. Savannah glared at the skinwalker, who seemed pretty desperate for attention. She almost wanted to just stay silent and let the creature get bored of her out of spite, but her gut told her that this was not the smartest tactic.

"I am not so much of a fool to tell a skinwalker my name." She snorted. "And I share your single opinion: I am no longer in a game playing mood. Now, you are going to let me go before you find yourself under attack by the powerful Guardian of the Western Forest! They and I are personal friends and once they knows that you have threatened me, they will crush your bones beneath their hooves without any sign of remorse." Savannah took another step back an then another, ready to dodge any more rocks that were kicked her way. "I'm certain that you don't want any such misfortune to befall you, so you will let me go."

If the skinwalker mare called her bluff, she would bolt to the forest. If she allowed her to leave, Savannah would still run to the forest. She was betting everything on the mysterious Guardian that was said to live there.
When I get out of here alive, I am not coming back to the Hot Springs any time soon.

ABVirus

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ABVirus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:05 pm
Obelus Smiled- it was genuine and soft seeming. meant to be disarming. speaking in a soft and gentle tone: Smart answer raven tongue. At least you believe your own words this time. Interesting, this sounds like a steed worth- looking into. Lack of remorse is a good quality. I'm in need of strong... specimens, that posses such a trait. yes, yes, you can leave.

tilting her head upwards in a mock yawn
"I... am going back to sleep. you can bolt now, as you've wanted to do. or walk if you wish to save energy, I've no need to give chase now.
yawning and stretching her back out.

"...Send my regards to your guardian."

The walker began to lay down slowly- mostly closing her eyes- leaving the orbs about her neck the only source of fire. She waited for the mare to turn her back and bolt as she relaxed her body language and turned to the side.

This was all a trick of course, the bear walker had no intention to let the young mare wander off as easily as this without a last chase. she was in mood to hunt and while she had no plans to bite her- her claws once shifted would do a fine job.

She believed the mare about the western forest. If it were true, he would be of strong warrior stock. A wave of disgust passing by as she recalled the ghost her worthless previous mate.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:33 pm
Savannah

Was the Walker truthful in her words? No, skinwalkers never told the truth, it was against their nature. Still, Savannah knew opportunity when she saw it and without so much of a word to the bear-pelted monster, she fled. She ran and ran and ran until her legs burned and carried her into the heavy darkness of the Western Forests.

She was forced to slow down, for the trees grew so close together that they looked like walls of green and brown, blocking her entrance.
Please let me in. The seal point mare thought, before finding a way to slip through the thickly coated trees. Between the distance put between her and the horrible skinwalker, plus the protection from the trees, Savannah finally allowed herself to lean against one of the trunks and let out a relieved sigh.

Only, tree trunks weren't warm to the touch, nor did they breathe down her back. Ears pinning, Savannah looked up, shaking at the sight of bright green eyes. As a hulking figure stepped out from the darkness, she let out a nicker of recognition at the symbol upon his chest.

"Are you... The Guardian of the Western Forest?" She asked softly, her ears perking up, and she let out another relieved sigh as the stallion nodded. "Oh, thank the Angeni. I've just seen a skinwalker at the mountain by the Hot Springs, and I heard that you protect the innocent and these woods and, well, I--" The flaring of the stallion's nostrils silenced her and he passed by her, stepping onto a path she hadn't realized was there.

"Come with me. I will hide you deeper in the forest and in return, you will tell me of this skinwalker." It was all he said before he started down the narrow path, and with a final contented sigh, Savannah followed him, happy to be safe and away from the horrible bearwalker at last.

ABVirus
And with that, I declare this RP finished! I should have our Obelus/Tenzin RP up and running tonight, or sometime later tomorrow. heart

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items