Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thornshield
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:32 am
User Image

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to be here. Without your help, it's almost certain that this project would fail miserably.

Objective:
To host a massive event/contest that gives back to the community of artists, artwhores and RPers alike. It will be based in either the Art Contest forums, this guild itself, or in a mixture of both.

This contest would be based on the Only Original Characters (OOC) Contest and LEGENDS.

For those who don't know or have forgotten, OOC was a contest hosted by Kimaya, where she and a panel of judges invited others to post their OC profiles for the chance of winning gorgeous art. On top of that, there were RP events and lots of giveaways throughout the contest.

LEGENDS was a charity with a different panel of judges where we also invited OCs for submission, grading and constructive criticism. We awarded small gold donations to those that were well-thought out and also chose a monthly Legend who would win more gold and some art.

This time round however, our goal is to make it bigger than the two combined with more prizes, a well structured RP scenario, lots of mini-events, and to leave a lasting mark on Gaian history. Are you interested in working together for such a momentous and epic project? If so, read on to find out where to sign up and discuss the finer details!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:45 am
The links below are sign-up sheets for responsibilities you'd like to hold. You are more than welcome to sign up for multiple tasks, provided you have the time for it. It would be nice if all admins also have a vote in judging, but we shall discuss that later.

Sign-ups:

• Artists
    Follow this link if you are interested in supplying art for the prizes, freebies, or banners and graphics required.

• RP Managers
    For those that are interested in running the RP scenario, which involves planning out the storyline, events and other RP-specific things.

• Admin & Events
    Click here if you'd like to assist in the daily maintenance of the threads, announcements, mini-events and all things behind-the-scenes.

• Scheduling
    Lastly, please follow this link to discuss when this event should begin and how long it will last for. Everyone's required to post here if you're intending to help out.

Discussion Threads:
This is where we discuss stuff relating to our tasks.

And finally, to avoid cluttering up the threads with spam and chatter, here's your favourite CHATTERBOX THREAD!  

Thornshield
Captain

Thornshield
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:23 am
FAQ

What is this all about?
We are planning to host a massive event/contest that gives back to the community of artists, artwhores and RPers alike. It will be based in either the Art Contest forums, the guild, or a mixture of both.

What will happen?
We will be inviting users to post their OCs, in the hopes of winning massive prizes of art (from loads of talented artists) and gold (millions I tell you, millions!). They will be subject to a panel of judges, rounds of RP events and questions organised by the managers, lots of fun stuff throughout the contest and also gain freebies from the resident artists!

So what do you need from us?
We need more artists, more RP managers, more people to be interested in working backstage to make this dream come true. In general, we need talented people to join the crew.

Is there anything in it for us?
Fame and the warm, fuzzy feeling of doing something good for the community. It's also a time to shine and show off your skills, forge new friendships and have a blast!
Of course, if all those doesn't do it for you, we may consider paying you for your help. But where's the fun in that?

Awesome, how do I help?
Just visit the sign-up threads and post away! Then, head over to the discussions and start brainstorming with your fellow members!

How are we going to raise funds?
The artists who've already signed up are thinking of a sketch auction, and there are other ideas in store!

Can I donate?
Sure you can! However, hold on to your goldies/items first, and when the time comes, a mule would appear for it.

Lastly, who are YOU?
I am Thorn, and have been around on Gaia for several long years now. I'd say I'm an oldbie who's gone on hiatus and recently returned. Personally, this project is my excuse to keep connected and it'd mean a lot to me if it succeeded. So thank you for reading this, and I hope to see you in the guild.  
Worldspanners!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games