I do! 1 100.0% [ 1084 ]
Total Votes:[ 1084 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1648 1649 1650 > >> >>> »|

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Only Original Characters (OOC)
Submission Deadline: August 31st, 2007

A "Free Art" Contest Thread

Ever wanted to have some really decent art of your character but had no chance whatsoever of commissioning an artist with auction prices which go into the millions and slots which get taken in the blink of an eye? Tired of seeing art get sold almost exclusively to the ultra rich? Do you have a really amazing character? Do you really? Do you want free art?

Ok! Here it is. I am bored of commissions on gaia for gaia gold and all of the stuff that goes with it, but I still want to do art for people here. Its fun for me, and a nice change of pace and I love meeting new people and chatting up my time here. So! Here is my contest. Codeword: RAOG (random act of god). This is your chance to win some free art by entering your original character to compete against each other in an original character battle "royale" - the setting in my RP world, Dal'kania.

The winner will get a free waist up detailed RP portrait style artwork of their character. The runner up will get a free no color character sheet. Why these two things? Because I would like to practice them! And also, because Gaia is an RP community and these kinds of art should be welcome here. ^-~. There are also going to be several talented artists offering up their skills to the winners and contestants so stick around!

~ kim

Yes, I know there is a ton of information here. You don't have to read it all, it is there only for those who wish additional information like the criteria and judges or storyline info. If you want to cut to the chase, use the following links, please!

Quick Navigation:

Rules

How to Enter
All Entries
Scheduled RP
FAQ

Inspired by Thornshield's "Every Rose has its Thorn" Original Character art contest thread. Go check out his thread for more original character charity art fun: Legends.

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Announcements

Round Three Begins!

Yes, we have started. Please check page 1628 to view the final competition for the best original character!

Finalists Announced!
Congratulations to these lucky five who will be given the chance to move forward into the final round. I would like to say a big thank you to the judges who I believe gave each and every semi-finalist a good look and a fair shot, and a big thank you to all of the contestants for being so patient and for making such great round two entries. It was not easy to pare these down, and rest assured it was done with great attention to each character!... so, without further ceremony:

Round Three Finalists

(in order of entry number)

Entry 002: M_for_Malice - Doc Lazarus
Entry 003: infernalcricket - Leone "Soto" Rendeaux
Entry 004: Nova - Nicholas Akashi
Entry 005: Skeleton Briefcase - Mr. Bones
Entry 008: wonderfinch - Ariana DeBrouillet

-----------------------

Honorable Mentions

I would like to award honorable mentions to Spatterdash and Lady Mist for their wonderful characters:

Kralle and Alushia Noisulli.

-----------------------

I know some of you right now are wanting to hear what the exact scores were, and unfortunately I have to disappoint you. I would like the five finalists to go forward on even footing, without knowing where they placed (at the top or at the bottom).

If anyone of the top five is still interested in hearing their scores after the contest is over, please PM me and I will be happy to let you know your individual score and place. Until that time I am asking the semi-finalists who did not become finalists to wait as well.

Thanks so much for understanding!

Top 15 Contestents
So new deadline is by Thursday 27th 11:59p (basically before friday!).

For clarity, This wasn't actually meant to be a hard and fast contest deadline like another art contest (more of a schedule for competitions), because if people couldn't submit their entries we would have to find replacements, meaning we aren't judging less than 15 entries for round two! However, I do feel like two weeks is enough time! ^^

I think the judges will appreciate more time anyway.. :3

Profiles and Journal Entries:
From contestants with a journal entry for their profile, I need to have the code for those (preferably PM'd to kimaya account) so I can permanently store them in the profile section in the conference hall. As for those of you who have your profile stored on a host, I will be taking them this weekend! XD Haha! Thanks for keeping them up there for me!! ^_^

Questionnaire Posted :
Didn't make the top15 but you still want to play along? Hey.. you never know there might be a reward for participating, and humoring our hostess! ^_^

Questions

Hey, at a minimum you get some glory to be posted here! I'll try to post as many people as I see! Here's our first 'for fun' questionnaire:
Rosanna Redmon
Maverick Wanderer
Na'veen Del'bren'shazoren
D. Blakely
Keir Iurline
Emperor Zensekai

September 13th, 2007
Ok!

We are all go here, everyone has accepted, welcome s w y t h's character Caoilwyhnn to round two.

Runner ups, you are still not set in stone, in case anyone should drop out or not finish the questionnaire for any reason. Sorry to keep you guys on pins and needles about it, but I really want to make sure we have at least 15 people competing.

Anyway. Tomorrow I will hopefully have the questions ready (thanks to all judges for submitting!) and we will be beginning round two!

As for the questionnaire, and for fun, please anyone feel free to answer it and post! I would still love to see all the wonderful characters who are around and what their replies would be! ^_^ No pressure, but I thought I would let you all know it would be ok to do so, whoever is still lurking about.

Winners Announced!
Announcements begin on p1522
- or -
Go here for the quick and dirty version. ^_~
I'll be updating with schedules and more details soon!

Monday, September 10th

Judging in final stages, winners announced tonight! Yep, just finishing up with a tiebreaker. Thanks to all judges for being way more awesomer than I already knew they were ^_~.

Deadline Reached. Contest Closed to further entries!

Ok! So thats it. We have about a month's worth of fun still. Its not going to be as hopping as before, summer is over, but the judging goes on, as well as the final rounds and last minute art/prizes/more. Want to skip to the end?
Round One Judging Criteria:

Round One Judging Criteria:

Pretty basic smile

The judges are going to select their top 10 characters and give them individual scores keeping in mind the criteria of the contest. After all judges have scored, final scores will be given based on totals for each character selected by a judge for the top 10. The 10 characters which have the highest total scores will be our winners and move on to round two.

No individual judge's scores will be announced. Final scores (the sum of all judge's scores) will however be posted for all the characters entered by a judge. Thats the plan!
---------------
Dalkania RP Fluff (contest closed, thank you for entering!)
Round Two Info Update Go here for some last minute details.
Announcements History (Previous Announcements stored here)

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Rules

Contest Rules

- Only Original Characters (click here or scroll down to see what to submit and how to enter)
- This is a three round affair, so please be prepared for a challenge and to have to put some time into the final rounds. They will require active participation which we will work out a schedule for as a group.
- The entry must be 100% your own - meaning you must "own" (have purchased or created) the artwork or writing if any is used. You cannot use copyrighted works to make your entry. This goes to writing, art, music, whatever. Artwork and writing that you created must also follow gaia's tos concerning art.
- You may RP your character in the thread. You may discuss your character in detail in the thread.
- Collabs are allowed but you may only enter this contest with one character, collab or otherwise.
- Entries which do not follow guidelines will be clarified by me and asked to resubmit.
- Contestants submitting more than one entry under a mule account will be disqualified if caught.
- Contestants entering on a mule account for the purpose of hiding their gaia identity from judges will be disqualified if caught.
- Submission Deadline: August 31st, 2007
- YOU must PM your entry to the mule: Dalkania, even if you post it in the thread!! ^_^ thank you!
------------------

Thread Rules
- No Drama (unless I start it, ha! jk).
- Please respect other people in the thread
- Please do not critique artwork posted in the thread unless asked to do so, especially if its art by my guests.
- Please do not "enforce" rules with severe methods. If you see someone breaking a rule and want to help them make the correct choice (like not submit an entry using a luis royo image for their character picture) please do so in a diplomatic way.
-----------------------------

Comments and Critiques on Entries

- Please do not critique unless the poster asks for it. Making positive comments are welcome.
- For comments and critiques, it is my request that you make at least one positive comment before or after a critique of areas which need work. I am not asking you to lie. If you really cannot think of at least one positive thing to say about a submission then its best not to say anything at all and go work on your critique method instead.
- Please do not run in here and accuse people of cliche characters and mary sues or copies of other characters or whatever else might come up that goes along with this sort of elitist behavior. This is a contest, but I don't want it to become extremely serious.
---------------------------

Making an Entry

Yes I know there is a lot to read here, but for the most part you only need to concern yourself with this top section here, quoted and in red. The basics, if you will:
The Basic Guidelines

To make an initial entry into the contest you must submit one entry to this thread and also PM the same information to the character named: DALKANIA. You may only submit ONE entry (one character) using the following form: You MUST use the form or I will miss your entry in all likelihood! Please do not nest it inside of other codes. Thank you!

[b]Gaia Name:[/b] Your Gaia Name Here - [url]http://www.yourlinkhere.com] Character Name Here [/url]

Entries must follow the following guidelines:

- One page only. No huge images please try not to make them any larger than 1280x1024 (no click navigation allowed of any type) I am not going to be overly crazy about enforcing this rule because I would like to allow people to use bbc and the journal if they wish. For now we are going to see how it goes.

- Must be *your* work completely (or your collaboration with joint partner)
- Entries can be written, art, poetic, images, photos, collage, a combination of these, *anything at all* so long as it fits on one page. By page I mean one web page.
- Entries can consist of already existing writing/art you made. It doesn't have to be a new work, the idea is just to enter the character. ^^
- You must host your own entry until round 2.
- The character must be your original idea, and must belong to you.
- Fanfic characters ARE allowed.
- Gaia Avatars ARE allowed.
- Breedable Characters ARE allowed.

-----------------

Entry Suggestions
While there are no hard and fast rules about how to enter your character (besides the one character one webpage rule) we might suggest you consider a few things. Any medium is acceptable but try to remember that you are submitting something which will describe your character to us in some way, so that we can get a general idea of them. This is not an art contest... its not a writing contest... its not a photography, poetry, whatever contest. It is a character contest. Make sure you represent them well with your one page allowed! ^^ Obscure or extremely symbolic entries might not score as well especially if we can't get an idea of the character, however cool the art might be ^_~.

Entry Samples

1) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 2) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 3) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 4) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You might want to read the setting information below to get an idea of things if you are going to roleplay characters here. Thanks!

-----------------

Notes

Regarding Fanfic, Gaia Avatar, Breedables character entries:

Why am I allowing these into an orignal character contest? Because, when you think about it Fanfictions, Gaia, and Breedables are world settings for original characters, just like Forgotten Realms, other DnD Settings, or ones that other people made up. This is a character contest, it is not required that the contestant made up every single thing about their character from the world they live in to the Gods that rule the planet and beyond. I realize there is a grey area for breedables characters because the characteristics are not the creation of the owner, however this can be viewed as a character created with strict game restrictions, and much of the character is the creation of the owner, as they roleplay and develop their breedable pet or character.

Gaia Avatars
Please remember this is a character contest! Although you can just enter your avatar do not expect it to score high if thats all you enter about it. The pixel avatar, no matter how cool it is dressed up, doesn't tell much about the character at all.

This section may be updated at any time.

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Competition - How you win and what to expect if you enter!

The winner will be chosen after competing in a three round competition, with details below. All five judges will score each round individually, and the scores will be added together for a final number score for each person. For judges and judging info scroll below.

Dates and Rounds
There must be at least twenty initial entries in order for this contest to be valid by the due date. 10 semi-finalists will be selected for round two, and then 5 finalists will be selected for the final round. Dates and time periods for initial entries and subsequent rounds will be announced closer to the opening date.

In the event that more than half of the finalists do not show up for round two or three, there will be a reselection of finalists and a rescheduling of the competition dates.

ROUND ONE
- Enter your character following the initial entry submission guidelines below. As in life, we often see people at a glance and know next to nothing about them besides their appearance and a few details at best before we begin to make their acquaintances. Its said first impressions are important, and this is definitely a case of that.

Ten people will be chosen from this round to move on to compete based on the scoring of all entries.

ROUND TWO
- Your characters will be given a "test" of character by your hostess. Each semi-finalist must answer the questions "in character". It is not required that you roleplay these answers. Describing what your character would choose or do is fine. However please feel free to be artistic if you wish regarding the answers (RP). There will be a limited amount of text allowed to answer each question though to keep the judges from getting bogged down with a lot of reading.

Five people will be chosen to move on to round three.

ROUND THREE
- Its a surprise :3. Don't be scared... everything will be ok! I promise! For this event all five contestants will compete together at once. There will be turns similar to RP in which each finalist will get a chance to take an action/turn. No RP is required, no art, no creative writing. You must stay in character however, and make decisions your character would make. All five judges will determine the winners based on a scoring system which will be revealed closer to the competition.

There will be one grand prize winner and one runner up from the final round.

-----------------
Criteria and Judges

Judging Critera

The criteria for judging changes from round to round. For round one, we would like to judge the characters at a glance, which is why there is a limitation to the amount of space allowed per entry. As your hostess, I am the only judge who will be in this thread consistently. Pretty much all of the judges are very busy (besides me ha!) You might roleplay your character in the thread and I will get to know more about them, I might already know a lot more about your character because I know you personally, you might chat with others about your character or with me and I might learn more about them that way. All of this is allowed. Please remember there will be four other judges who do not frequent the thread as I will and also may or may not roleplay and that this contest will be as fair as we can make it without taking away from the fun of the event. In the end, the scoring will be done based on the entries themselves.

There will be three basic main categories which the scores will derive from. And then each judge will choose two categories for themselves. The two categories each judge chooses will be personal decisions for them chosen out of a list which we discuss in private. The three main categories will be common knowledge, however, and they are:

Originality - How diverse, unique, different the character is from the rest.
Creativity - How much imagination and effort was put into making/developing the character.
Appeal - how much the character appeals to the judge - coolness/neat/wow factor overall.

Yes they are very broad categories, they are meant to be. The categories the judges choose for themselves personally, might include things like: depth of character, level of detail, level of development, imaginative, believability, history, personality, flaws, the list could go on. The reason we are doing it this way is because I would like to ensure that the judges choose entries which they like and based on criteria which they find important. We have five judges here with very differing tastes, and different backgrounds. Hopefully this will help the contest be as fair as it can be without excluding certain genres and character types.

Judges
Fore more info on the judges please click the link above.

Kimaya
Alienarose
Woefulinfinity
Hakubaikou
Pink
Tsukiyono

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Judges
The judging panel will consist of a group with diverse tastes and ideas of what makes a cool character. Each judge has written a short summary of what they look for in characters.

Politically Correct ABC Order!

Alienarose

I'm Alienarose, though I usually go simply by Aliena here and there. I also enjoy reading about people's original characters, especially when they're presented in such a way as to really bring them alive to me. My hobbies include drawing, reading, playing piano and composing, singing, and writing.

For reading, I'm into all genres pretty much without discrimination. I can't read all of one type of book for a very long time or I get bored, so I usually mix it up by reading a little of each interchangeably...a little fantasy, suspense, drama, mystery, romance, sci-fi, humor, classics, etc. With RPing, I've tradtionally done it mainly in an fantasy setting because those seem the ones with the least amount of boundaries.

What I like:
First of all, multidimensional characters. Ones who have different facets of their personalities. I like characters who have obvious flaws and weaknesses and I like these traits to really get in the way sometimes. While there are characters out there who really have people-personalities and seem to do no wrong, the ones much more interesting to me are the ones who get irritated easily or who annoy the heck out of others and whatnot. I'm also a HUGE sucker for tragedy. No, not everyone has to die, but I do love situations that become very trying and impossible for characters. Yet, at the same time, I love humor to be sprinkled in among all the heaviness.

Hakubaikou

For me, the most fascinating characters are ones who are complex and unpredictable, yet consistent and true to their own natures.

If I think of good and evil as two opposite ends of a spectrum, then I tend to like characters that are somewhere inbetween. I like good characters with a little badness to them and evil characters with a little goodness to them. Just enough of the opposite traits to keep me on my toes as I read about them. Just enough so that I can't always guess exactly what they're going to do. I like an element of surprise, of mystery, of complication.

But all this has to still remain true to the character's central being. I have to find their actions and reactions believable and true despite the surprise.

I also look very much at a character's environment. Where did they grow up? How were they cared for (or not cared for) as children? What kind of world did they grow up in, and how did that shape them? How did other people's perceptions of them shape them? And is this all consistent and believable with their ultimate personality?

As long as a characters remain true to themselves, I don't care whether they're super skilled at anything or whether they're the Greatest Hero Ever or the Most Evil Villain Ever or the Most Tragic Heroine Ever. If written well, the most seemingly ordinary of characters can be fascinating, especially when placed in extraordinary circumstances. I love watching such characters deal with the unknown, seeing how their personalities grow from (or are crushed by) their experiences.

I suppose, then, I consider a character's surroundings as much as I consider the characters themselves. After all, the world in which a person lives has a great effect in how they develop. I look at the whole package. No matter what genre, no matter how good or bad the character is, if the whole package is unpredictable/original yet believable and grounded in its own truths, then I'm all for it.

Unpredictability and verisimilitude, all wrapped up in one.

Kimaya

Hi! I am your hostess and I am a character lover. I am pretty easy to please character wise but I also love a well made character. I enjoy meeting people's make believe personas and learning how they went about making them what they are. My hobbies are all sort of central/connected: I like to write, do art, game, read and roleplay.

For reading and roleplay, I enjoy almost everything. And I do mean everything! While I favor high fantasy, I also enjoy suspense, horror, mystery,sci-fi and more. I have a soft spot for children's stories, and comic, whimsical characters (I love annoying characters). If I had to choose genres which I avoid, I can only really think of one (ok maybe two): modern war. I get very bored of modern war stories concerning subs, tanks, nuclear warheads and military decisions. I will read romance, but I am not drawn to it in particular.

What I like:
I enjoy characters who are aware of their own morality in some way: good, bad, or an internal struggle. For character roles and setting... I like charismatic, political, corrupt and noble character roles. If I had to choose a character type I've noticed I prefer, it would be the characters you love to hate. The ones who are so awful but still manage to draw you. I love it when you find yourself cheering for the "bad guys" without realizing it.

"Cliche" stuff is ok by me. Vampires, fairies, dragons, demons, angels, . What interests me in characters has a lot less to do with the settings/race and more to do with what is done with them - their personalities, internal makeup, and how developed they are and the stories they are a part of.

What I don't like:
I don't like characters that make no sense or are only an effort to make something that no one else thought of just for the sake of being able to say your character is 'unique', Striving for non cliche or unique characters is great as long as you do the rest of it. I want to be able to say: "Oh, I get it!" Eventually.

Pink

My main impression of a character is usually very visceral. Characters that come to grow on me appeal to this, too. When we meet characters in stories, sometimes we don't get their entire backstory up front but we still have to "interact" with them; it's like dealing with real people. My philosophy is that theoretically any character can be argued to be awesome, so arguing about it doesn't do much-- It only works if I'm already swayed on a gut level. When reading books or watching movies, most people don't stop to reflect on why they like characters. They usually know that they just -do-. Creators can't chase their audience down the street and say, "But why don't you like XXX? I spent so much time researching Amazon jungle society just so I could get her just right..."

It doesn't matter to me that characters are simple or complex because of this. Are we watching an innocent bystander whose house constantly gets smashed by superheroes? Are we watching someone who controls the fate of the universe? doesn't matter to me. :3 A good combination of concept, execution, and a character's relatability keeps these things in check.

Setting is a bit of a second-class citizen to me. I'm not talking about events in a character's life that drives them to do whatever it is that they do (because it's often tied into a specific world), I'm talking about the actual, physical place where they exist. It may be a really interesting world that I've never seen before, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll endear me to a character. For example one of my favorite comics is set in a really unique universe, but when pressed to name my favorite character I can't do it.

What I dislike is pretty simple: lack of insight. Often enough this is where cliché and predictability come from.

Tsukiyono

My name on Gaia is Tsukiyono, and most of my other internet aliases are either the same name or a variation of it. Anyone is welcome to call me Tsuki for short though. My artistic loves are working on my webcomic "Patches", screenprinting, writing, and crafting. Hobby wise I enjoy reading copious amounts of shoujo manga/comics, playing video games, watching movies and exploring classic literature to name a few.

For reading genres I like reading a lot of Austen-esque romances, fantasy, and a little suspense filled horror every now and again. RP-wise though I'll play most anything, sci-fi, fantasy, modern, detective, horror, and etc... granted that the story is good. wink

Character-wise, I enjoy multifaceted characters with rich backgrounds and interesting goals. I'd like to know what their strengths and weaknesses are, what their true nature is in comparison to their everyday demeanor, what do they love or hate, any weird habits they have and so on...

Characters with history are also a plus for me. I want to know where they are from, who their family was, how was family life, what were important turning points in their lives and so on. I feel a character's history shapes who they are currently and gives an idea of where they might go next.

I also like to know that they have personal goals, and to see them working towards their goals and finally accomplishing them. I think goals give a character an aim or focus and keeps them moving forward and developing. I also think character goals can really enrich a storyline and take it in new and exciting directions.

The only things I dislike in regards to characters are Mary Sues, or characters that people have tried to make so unique, that the character is so weighed down by this "uniquness" that the true character gets lost behind all of the jewelry. I think it's ok to be a little cliche once in a while.....but just a little. My final pet peeve is illogical race mixing.

Woefulinfinity

My name on Gaia is WoefulInfinity, but everywhere else that's not real-life, I go by MingYun. It's my real Chinese name, so don't think I'm one of those Asian -wannabe types who names themselves after something they think is cool (or some sort of anime character). But if you're really interested, it means "always growing" "good growth" or something along those lines.

I do a lot of art, mostly in pencil, and I'll be giving away some art prizes for you dogs lucky enough to please me. But that's not all I do - I wouldn't be here giving away free art if I didn't like OCs. I've done a decent bit of writing, mostly fantasy and modern fiction. I actually got into art because I wanted to draw my novel characters. But now, I'll always be doing art, not so sure of the writing side anymore.

I don't like characters just made to look cool or be a better version of yourself. I prefer characters with stories whom are shaped by those stories whom aren't afraid to mess up once in awhile but are still good people deep down. My pet peeve is characters with absolutely set outfits - especially super detailed ones with a million scars, tattoos, and piercings that have to be in very specific places. I lean towards realism and things that aren't over the top.

I'm critical and nitpicky, but I will reward effort. Even if I do like you, I can be terribly blunt. So if you're afraid of callous words, you probably shouldn't talk to me. But I'm not that mean! It's not always intentional - I swear.

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
FAQ

Please read the FAQ to see if your question has been asked before. If you don't find the answer to it below, feel free to pop Kimaya a PM or visit the thread! This is stuff thats been asked more than a few times!
-------------------------------

1. Do I have to RP in order to enter my character?
Nope, the RP is optional and for fun only. It also has no bearing on the contest judging.

2. Do I have to RP the character I am entering or can I choose another one?

It does not have to be the character you are entering.

3. Can I only RP one character in the thread?

Please feel free to RP as many characters as you like in the thread (so long as its one at a time).

4. Is my entry final or can I make changes to it?

You are able to update your entry at any time by replacing the image in the link up to August 31st 11:59p.

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Competition Details

Round Two Details:

First off, the judging is based upon a questionnaire: Character Interview and also the original profile.

The judges will score based on a five star system, which is a little complex and the judges will probably kill me when they see what I am planning so I am not writing it here yet. :3 (working out the details still).

Thanks!

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Categories and Prizes

Grand Prize
Free: Waist up portrait style character art - by Kimaya
Free: Pencil full- or Color half-portrait character art - by WoefulInfinity.
Free: Waist up character art with no background by Sirenz

Runner Up

Free: Line Art Character Sheet with up to five details in addition to character front and back, front facial and profile - by kimaya.
Free: Pencil half- or Color bust-portrait character art - by WoefulInfinity.

All Finalists:

Free: Pencil bust-portrait character art - by WoefulInfinity.

All Semi-Finalists:
Free: Pencil bust-sketch character art - by WoefulInfinity.

The Artists

Kimaya

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kimaya's last two Gaia Commissions:
Sirenz - a colored lineart
Alessandra - fullbody lineless

-----------------------------------

WoefulInfinity

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sirenz

More to come!
-------------------------
Winners
From the winners I will need references in addition to the entries. Because of the limit of one page per character there is going to be detail lost. When submitting references I have the following guidelines, which work best for me and hopefully will reduce the amount of errors to your character. I want to represent your character well for having won the top spots in my contest. There will be a small form to complete for details and then you may submit additional references.

- Precise references only. Please do not submit a bunch of character art that may have errors on it. It is better to submit something precise even if its not the best art. Or even something in writing only. Piece-mealing details only confuses me and increases the chance of redoing something or missing a detail.
- Anime and other highly stylized references are fine, however I recommend at least describing the hair in a realistic fashion if it is ambiguously styled or else it may be interpreted artistically (and incorrectly).
- Expression - Id like to work on one if you have one in mind, otherwise they will get the usual stoic and austere look I enjoy putting on characters.
- Poses - You may submit for an exact pose, remember top prize is waist up (portrait style). Reference will be required if you want an exact pose.

Ok.. the art details:

Portrait style art - I am working on trying to make this as detailed as possible just like portraits which are submitted to the portrait adoption by ellen million. This is something I need practice on, so thats why its being offered up for top prize, and also it is fitting to the theme of RP art. It will be completed at a viewable size of 640x800, but worked on in high resolution, as my usual art.

Lineart Character Sheet - Your usual character sheet composed of front, back, front facial, profile facial and character elements.. clothes worn, etc. This will not be an extremely detailed piece of work, just like a normal character sheet, but will be made to represent the character.

Males: No, I will not be biased against males (besides there is more than one judge). I will look forward to it should a male character win. However, I will most definitely be using references for any male characters to avoid a meltdown of my brain, so if this bothers you do not enter! My referenced art looks nothing like the image referenced from so please do not worry on that matter. Ok? Thanks ^_~

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Freebies
Freebie Guidelines

Want to win some free art?
Chibifier Machine Part II
Contest on Page 1605:
Want to see your character chibified!?!? Last chance! Go check it out!

------------------------

Ok, they are up now! Freebies from the thread :3 More to come, Woe and I are both running games for freebies and there will be act of god randomness too (explained below).

Here is what people have received already:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Freebies Planned:
Chibifier
hoopla_4life - rp bubble art
Woe's archery contest winners
Woe's 'paired up' Contest Closed!!: check winners here
Sara & Rin's Emoticon Freebie Event! Congrats! Winnar: Jalil!

* Contest is still running or being determined.
-----

Random Act of Gods
Ok, these are special freebies that I give to people who have really been helpful, friendly or just plain cool to meet in the thread and I want to present a small token of appreciation to them. I normally choose who gets these freebies, but I might roll a few because there are SO many great people its hard to choose this time! In any event, the ultimate decision lies with me on who to paint or draw. These are often a tad more detailed than my usual freebie. I get more inspired by friendship and camaraderie than a lot of other things for some reason, so these are real fun to do, especially if I like the character.
I usually do an act of god every 100 pages, buut I am going to have to adjust it before my arm falls off... XD I may do these at whim from here on out!

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Scheduled RP

:::Saturday RP at 7pm PST::: and :::Sunday RP at Noon PST:::

Felixie has generously offered to run a twice weekly (on the weekend) DM session for everyone involved in the RP and anyone who wishes to join in.
The scheduled RPs begin on time, and run for about three to four hours so plan accordingly. Also please note that Felixie has her own set of rules for RPing, and that if you don't want the DM to kill you off you should try to follow them, XD (rules below).

Thank you so much Felixie!

Felixie's Scheduled RP
Saturday the 7th at 7pm PST (And possibly also noon or so Sunday depending how this goes), I'll be guiding a side-quest RP session ^^ If the main RP that's been happening is the smash hit crossover TV series directed by Kimaya, you could call this a direct-to-dvd low-budget movie of the tv series, with an amateur director ? XD

Setting: Kimaya's Dalkania, during a temporary side-step from the main RP thread - the primary story shouldn't be altered, only paused for a few hours while I hijack the thread >_> after mine ends, things should resume with Kimaya's storyline where it left off, just with slightly more experienced chars.

Characters: I'm looking forward to playing with characters that people are submitting to the contest and/or currently RPing, but I also welcome completely new characters, as well as characters whose players can't commit to keeping up with the main thread, but still want to RP with everyone a bit. I do ask that you not play multiple charas at the same time during the session though - I think I'll have enough to handle as it is! XD (characters that are inherently multiple beings are fine though, such as Maverick and her monkey)

Style: I'm going to try for a fast-paced, low-drama/high-action session, sort of a counterbalance to the long-term main thread. One easy way is to simply limit your posts to just a paragraph or so, and watch the clock - five minutes or less a post is a good goal. Another is to not stress over how your actions will affect your character's future - I will not kill/permanently disable chars, even the reckless/suicidal ones, so go ahead and let your characters do what they would do. The worst that will happen is they'll be knocked out of that particular session, but at least they'll go out in style, right?! If this turns you off - feel free to just watch ^^

Rules: (such as they are)

1: I run cooperative team-based missions with tangible goals. In other words, save your honor-duels with other characters for the main thread! If helping the mission means going off on your own (typical for rangers, thieves, ninjas...), that's fine, I'll be happy to RP separate ways in those cases. ^^ Deciding to alter the goal is fine too (i.e.You decide the princess is really kidnapping the dragon!) but it needs to be agreed on as a team. I'm flexible but I'm only one person XD

2: Keep it clean and somewhat neat. No graphic eviscerations, no sexual assaults, many curse words are fine but ethnic/sexual slurs are not! Also, don't let quotations stack up ^^;

3: Have fun and keep it friendly! We all have different charas, different writing styles, different power levels, different typing speeds, etc - misunderstandings can and do happen! If you take issue with someone, PM them, PM me, PM Kimaya, let us know you can't keep playing and go for a walk.. whatever you need to do! But don't argue in the middle of the RP! No one is winning anything from these except a fun time - please don't take that away. We have the whole rest of the week to work things out.

The "punishment" for breaking a rule once is just me letting you know that you've been disruptive and how. Breaking it twice is me RPing your character's departure from the session. This has no effect on you being allowed to RP in the main thread or even your participation in the next session icon_smile.gif it's just a practical measure for keeping the game going smoothly.

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Setting Info

For roleplay purposes only! Yes, the contest is going to have a little flavor in it, but you do not need to know anything about Dal'kania in order to win. The setting has nothing to do with the scoring other than to create a setting for the characters to interact in during competitions (like the questions and the final event). So do not worry about choosing a character which would fit in Dal'kania more than any other and do not even worry about reading about the setting if its something you are not interested in. It is not a requirement, it is just for fun. You may enter your character per the rules as normal. All you need to do is enter and follow along with the game rounds. It is not going to be brain surgery I promise.

Anyway, for those of you interested in the storyline or RP or anything else, here it is.

What is this setting thing?

Dal'kania is my fantasy setting for RL tabletop rp. It is the basis for pretty much all of my characters. I want to bring your characters here for a while for this contest... just for fun. Have you ever RP'd a session just for whimsy and totally off the wall? Well, imagine thats what is going to happen here. Your character will be whisked away there for a time to my world. You can decide how this happens or completely ignore it altogether... dreams, imagining, a cataclysmic event, whatever I don't care ^_~.. its not meant to take the place in your permanent and real RP, its just for flavor. Sort of like when you play your character in an alternate universe or a game that isn't completely serious.

Why am I doing it? Because its fun for me, that is all. Don't worry if your character wears jeans and carries a gun, its fine. He/she is welcome. In fact, in my RL games I allow other players to control the storyline and run mini-campaigns (its a nice break!). There has been everything from space police landing on the planet to planes travelers coming from modern earth for a visit to vampires taking over the city.

Thats how I enjoy it. Yes its off the wall, yes people make up some stuff which you wouldn't expect in a fantasy RP... I like to adapt my story and the game so that everyone has a good time in it even if its not how I would write "the story" so to speak. So, for this thread and contest, any character is welcome and any character could fit in from superhero to Gothic Lolita to gun toting gum smacking teenager to whimsical talking animals. Anything is welcome for roleplay and entering both.

Dal'kania
A semi-medieval fantasy world setting.
For more detailed information please check here: More Setting Info
For now, the basics:

Dal'kania is the southern part of a large continent in the northern hemisphere of Earth in the far distant future. The part of the timeline this game will run in is the end of the first millennium since the rebirth of Earth.

The northern continent is split up into three large nations, with an alliance between two of them, however Dal'kania joined the northern lords mostly in part due to the Church.

Humans do not know how to use magic yet for the most part, however magic does exist in many forms.

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
NPCs

Danique Espirenze
The heroine (and semi-hostess)
Danique's titles and land have been stripped from her and her family has been murdered by the Magi, (the ruling faction and head of the Church) in an attempt to gain control over the Dragon which Danique's family has guarded for centuries. Why they might be doing this or who, ultimately, is behind everything is still unknown to Danique. In fact, up until this event Danique was unaware of the truth behind her heritage and the Dragon histories were known as little more than myths in her lands. She has run into hiding with one surviving castle guard and is now trying to decide what her next move should be and who she can trust.

Bastion Renaultier
Bastion is the son of the late Captain of the Guard to Espirenze. He was a squire in training, and had been assigned to Danique. The post was little more than honorary as Espirenze has known nothing but peace for many years. Having been Danique's personal guard for several years he is fiercely protective of her and afraid of failing her due to his inexperience. Bastion is barely old enough to be called a young man, however he is all she has now.

Dezrek

A mysterious man... seeming to have appeared just as the rest of the adventurers, from a far off and very foreign land. His features are somewhat strange and exotic despite his ordinary coloring of tanned skin and stark blond hair and blue eyes.

Lady Erinia
The Lady Erinia is a guest in Lord Greenoak's keep. She claims to hail from the far north, as a minor Lady with a rather large inheritance. Her sigil and colors are not familiar, so it is safe to presume she is of a house with little prominence, if great wealth. She has graciously offered to help the Lord Greenoak in anyway she can, and has made it known that she is a patron of those in need. A very cheerful and helpful woman, Danique has found herself trusting her advice more and more.

The Dragon
Dar Shu'vere, a great ancient red, the only living dragon in Dal'kania. Instrument of justice of all the lands. He had been kept in secrecy for too long, and the powers of the summoners were too weak to control him - when unleashed he rebelled against his ancestral captors and killed them all, save one who escaped him. He now hunts relentlessly for the single surviving heir to the leash which binds him to this world. He has razed and burned the lands of Espirenze, and wanders the skies terrorizing all who go before him.

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
ROUND TWO ENTRIES LIST

Entry 001: Lady Mist - Alushia Noisulli
Entry 002: M_for_Malice - Doc Lazarus
Entry 003: infernalcricket - Leone "Soto" Rendeaux
Entry 004: Nova - Nicholas Akashi
Entry 005: Skeleton Briefcase - Mr. Bones
Entry 006: Jalil - Sadye Ayende
Entry 007: JealousGhost - JealousGhost
Entry 008: wonderfinch - Ariana DeBrouillet
Entry 009: Thornshield - Celeste Silverhawk
Entry 010: Spatterdash - Kralle
Entry 011: Okiyami - Murakami Riku
Entry 012: Cartagia - Laveris Callista Anagria-Eris
Entry 013: Felixie Farcliff - Felixie Farcliff
Entry 014: s w y t h - Caoilhwyn
Entry 015: Katherdante - Palas Selie

All Entries

Entry 001: Jitsumi1221 - Cypress Donahue
Entry 002: Angel Kimmi - Kimmi Angélique
Entry 003: Sara Lightheart - Sara Cross Du Lightheart
Entry 004: Katherdante - Palas Selie
Entry 005: =..Lady..Ducky..= - Mei
Entry 006: Cartagia - Laveris Callista Anagria-Eris
Entry 007: [Mew_Salt] - Ora
Entry 008: [.Asuna.] - Anaksunamun Tazu
Entry 009: Skeleton Briefcase - Mr. Bones
Entry 010: Nostarah - Nostarah

Entry 011: [ Oo ] - Captain Shoeya "Mad Millie" Ryder
Entry 012: inxdeath - Lillie Jane Morgan
Entry 013: Okiyami - Murakami Riku
Entry 014: JetAlmeara - Keir Iurline
Entry 015: Scary_Jenn - Jenn
Entry 016: Cocktail Catastrophe - Ichabod Crane
Entry 017: JealousGhost - JealousGhost
Entry 018: Illyasveil - Lamia Darkstar
Entry 019: Loney - Loney

Entry 020: [ ` R a i n B o w . ] - Makoto
Entry 021: Jalil - Sadye Ayende
Entry 022: Ann_Kimiko - Aliena Hamleigh
Entry 023: Blue Stem Cell - Leeland Francis Xavier
Entry 024: M_for_Malice - Doc Lazarus
Entry 025: tehrin - Xan
Entry 026: Kara Winters - Mia Winters
Entry 027: Fairy Punk- Serena
Entry 028: nakomiKF - Amora Keishomono
Entry 029: Kaiser-chan - Ashlea Haupt

Entry 030: hoopla_4life - Spike Lupus
Entry 031: Shuolian - Tsuji
Entry 032: McLeod_legacy - Lunis Alius McLeod
Entry 033: Spatterdash - Kralle
Entry 034: KeyJester - TC (Trinia CatSaveros)
Entry 035: Nuna - Fjry Aarklaryn
Entry 036: [ Eric-shaped Eric] - Eric
Entry 037: Cechi - Adelle Loomis
Entry 038: Maverick Wanderer - Maverick
Entry 039: Ryugi Kazamaru - Ryugi Kazamaru

Entry 040: Fiziali - Asipa Ralos
Entry 041: Mindsend - Bard Speeling
Entry 042: Voodoochylde - Pink E
Entry 043: Kiiro-chan - Aki Hoaito
Entry 044: MagnusXL - Ryuma Tamasei
Entry 045: Lisirra - Auriel
Entry 046: GuardianEarth - Cashmere
Entry 047: sushi_in_a_can - Leo
Entry 048: Arion Bloodwolf - Arion Bloodwolf
Entry 049: [ Graendell ]- Daemon

Entry 050: Mike-Sunami - Mike Varthia Sunami
Entry 051: s w y t h - Caoilhwyn
Entry 052: Nanashi the Joker - Kasson Rou or try this one?
Entry 053: Judas Unchained - HaeShin
Entry 054: Nova - Nicholas Akashi
Entry 055: infernalcricket - Leone "Soto" Rendeaux
Entry 056: Ang3licMnMs - Emilie Ireton
Entry 057: EmperorZensekai - Emperor Zensekai Agamemnon
Entry 058: wonderfinch - Ariana DeBrouillet
Entry 059: Thornshield - Celeste Silverhawk

Entry 060: melodymh4 - Rowanna
Entry 061: Kaxen - Taliesin
Entry 062: Rindi - Na'veen Del'bren'shazoren
Entry 063: Otanashi - Kezisha
Entry 064: Brolis - EJ Peters
Entry 065: Kurama no Koishi - Dane
Entry 066: Lady~Mihoshi - Scythlene
Entry 067: Felixie Farcliff - Felixie Farcliff
Entry 068: Llaena - Sayuri
Entry 069: ginchael - Alan Murrow

Entry 070: Lady Mist - Alushia Noisulli
Entry 071: ice_demon_20 - Keitaro
Entry 072: K a n n i v a l i s m - Fionn
Entry 073: emeralddarkness - Mlle. Céleste Angelique la Wischard
Entry 075: Zherlotus - Aithiette Pareias
Entry 076: Smoothie2951 - White Raine
Entry 077: Tsuki Bomb - Telline Oplektos

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Banners

Medium
[url=http://tinyurl.com/2h66yz][img]http://tinyurl.com/34dlfq[/img][/url]

Small

[url=http://tinyurl.com/2h66yz][img]http://tinyurl.com/3bf5e2[/img][/url]

links and Affiliates

Contests

User Image

User Image
----------

Auctions

Shops

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Credits and The End

Thanks to the judges, and special thanks to the very helpful thread folks!! The list is already long and I will be filling this in near the end! ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff