Discussion: Artists Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thornshield
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:54 am
What should we offer as prizes for the grand winners? Do we want to give art freebies for the other mini-events? Discuss it all here!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:08 pm
I think the mini events with rewards are a draw to people... art freebies, definitely. I will probably be limiting myself to sketches, lineart and colored headshots unless I run an event with a prize.

As for grand winners, well, I'm not sure... what would be most enticing. Cash, like a good amount, or art... hmm. If it is cash, how much would we need to draw people to join up and participate in the RPs?

If we did art I would offer to do a fullbody lineart of comparable quality to the stuff I will be selling in my art shop. I'd be willing to raise cash if other people joined in so we could have a very large prize pot.

Anyway, just my thoughts for now.  

Kimaya

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

JaelMoray

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm
I agree with much of what Kimaya said. Larger pieces are something I will most likely offer for grand prizes and during contests I offer, since the do take me quite a bit more time than my sepia pieces.

I like the idea of working together to raise money for prizes. I would be more than happy to add to the pot at least 1-2 mil or so. I don't have a ton of pure to give, but I might be able to supply items otherwise?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:50 pm
i'll be most definitely offering art freebies during the contest ^^ more then likely my little "chibis" for anything fun and inspiring.

im more then happy to make and mail out ATC cards also of people characters if we decide to do "rounds" again like Kimaya did back in her OOC

I'll chip in for gold also, er, i sort of liquidated all my old items a while back, but i'll see if i cant get my husband to donate something old from his account (seriously he hasn't touched it in like 4 years) the we can use towards prizes ^^ either way, once i finish up my commissions i should have at least 500k to donate here soonish (as soon as i get off my lazy rear and draw)

Jitsumi1221

Croon

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:56 am
I'm pretty open to just about anything, and I'd be happy'nuff handing out little doorprize-pencil sketches or possibly tabby sketches during the event of OCs I really liked. O:

Also willing to donate art/services for fundraising. : D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:49 pm
Artists, we're gonna need to do an art auction fundraiser soon as well as try to recruit more artists to join up. Anyone willing to take the mantle of organising it? Pretty pretty please? xd  

Thornshield
Captain

Kimaya

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:59 pm
I can organize, I have run auctions a couple times. I need to complete some art though before I do... almost done with it, but we can get started organizing now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:21 pm
Thanks Kim! *big hug*

I'll leave it to you to organise the recruitment thread (you can link people to the guild) and auction then. Try to get someone to help out to ease the workload 3nodding

And remember to link us so we can collectively bump!

Thornshield
Captain

Kimaya

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:23 pm
Ok, give me like a week or so, I might need the weekend to complete the art and then begin set up?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:38 pm
Not a problem at all. Although if you have a spare moment, maybe the recruitment thread can be set up quickly and I'll keep it bumped so when you're done with it we can choose artists 3nodding  

Thornshield
Captain

Kimaya

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:51 pm
Where should I put the recruitment thread? XD /confused easily

edit - ok, a recruit thread for the contest to raise funds or to join worldspanners as an artists, both?

I need a temporary logo, should I make one or wait? Nvm... I started a quickie, using a mixture of old and unused art that isn't easily recognizeable and generic for aesthetic/background - it can be replaced later.

If you want to approve/tell me what you want it to say, or if you want to make one up yourself I really don't mind, I just want something to dress up my sig with and the thread:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

http://www.dalkania.com/gallery/ws/worldspannertemplogomd.jpg  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:25 am
Nice! :3 I like it Kim. heart  

Cartagia

Thornshield
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 am
I believe it's in this forum right?

And yup, that's the aim.

Oooh, that's a very nice logo and it'd certainly fit the bill. I'm having difficulties finding a summary of what we're after to fit a sig. Any ideas guys?

*uploads it to photobucket and puts it in the front page and on his sig to avoid bandwidth issues*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 am
Anything with art in it!

Maybe something with a picture of the fortresses.... perhaps some of your characters, also to dress up the OC part?

Im out of ideas!! XD  

Kimaya

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Thornshield
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:11 am
Haha, we'll just mash up everyone's OCs into a katamari and use that as a planet in the background xD

Would love to see the different fortresses, but I think that might be too time consuming on artists to attempt.

Worldspanners!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff