Other? 0.22727272727273 22.7% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
1 2 3 4 >

tab tab tab tab tab User Image
User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab OWNERS/MODS :: l0kk1 & A is for Angst
tab tab tab tab tab tab GRAPHICS :: A is for Angst
tab tab tab tab tab tab CODING :: l0kk1 & A is for Angst
tab tab tab tab tab tab LITERACY :: semi-lit - lit ; minimum of 2 paragraphs
tab tab tab tab tab tab INSPIRATION :: Harry Potter ; lack of an RP ; supernatural tv shows
tab tab tab tab tab tab STATUS :: under construction open accepting not accepting

++PLOT !
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

The supernatural. For years humanity has convinced themselves that it's all fantasy, the work of an overactive imagination - vampires, werewolves, witches, succubi, demigods... All of which are, in truth, very real. As long as humanity has been around, so have they, hidden right beneath their very noses. These species have lived in secrecy for centuries, forced to keep out of the public eye so as not to expose themselves to the humans and put themselves in possible danger. As a result, they tended to live very secluded lives.

In 1801, somebody decided to try and change that. His name was Charles Arkwright, a brilliant man who had been infected with lycanthropy while he was studying in university. He figured that youths of all races deserves some semblance of normalcy; meeting others like them, going to school, striving towards a better future. They deserved a chance to make a life for themselves and to come out of the shadows and into the rest of the world. And so he founded Arkwright University, a school for non-humans, to teach them how to blend in with human society while giving them a proper education. While it started off small, it grew throughout the years into the prestigious academy that it is today.

Over time five individual houses sprang up around campus. Two fraternities, two sororities, and one co-ed house. Each of the major races was represented by a house, and each of these houses was named for a specific god or goddess that represented an aspect of those that were members of that said house. For the vampires, Nyx, goddess of the night. The werewolves had Selene, goddess of the moon. The witches, Hecate, goddess of witchcraft and magic. Aphrodite, the goddess of love, represented the succubi, and Zeus, god of gods, was for the demigods. With the declaration of a House Cup, friendly competition sprang up between the houses, though it started to become less friendly with each passing year.

With that said, welcome, to Arkwright University! We hope you enjoy your time with us.

OOC xx APPLICATIONS xx RECRUIT xxxx xxxx
User Image
++RULES !
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

G E N E R A L
                              Let me start off with the one we all know - Follow Gaia's ToS. Now, this is our roleplay. We'll give you the amount of respect you give us, fair enough? If I am ever not available, A is for Angst is there as well anytime you need assistance. I expect you to respect other members as well. I won't tolerate godmodding, no one is perfect. Real character pictures only. Violence and Romance are encouraged. Keep everything at a PG-16 level. If you must, write a 'time skip'. Absolutely no cybering.

P O S T I N G

This is a semi-literate to literate roleplay. At least three well-written paragraphs please! I understand writer's block, we all get them. Just don't take advantage of it with every post. Long posts are great, but they need to make sense. I don't want to read a whole paragraph detailed about someone tripping over a rock. Remember, quality over quantity! Please be active! Don't slow other members down because they had to wait for your post. If you don't want to be part of the rp anymore, please let me know. I understand we all (or not) have a life outside of Gaia. I respect people who don't just vanish out of the blue. If I see you haven't been posting in awhile, I will give you one warning. If I don't get a response within 24 hours, I will have to remove your character. However, if you let me know before hand you will not be posting in awhile, give me an estimated time frame and I'll understand. As for posting layouts, have at least one picture of your character and their name. I love pretty, colorful posts! Just don't use bright colors such as yellow and cyan. I'd like to keep my eyesight, please. Many people sell layouts including myself so let me know if you need help in that area.

Currently || Unable to take on any graphics!

C H A R A C T E R S

This role-play is based off of our original ideas - or mashing together some other ideas. Yes, we do allow supernatural characters but only certain ones. Each house is a different Race so to say. Each Race has rules and guide lines. When making your character make sure you read through the guidelines for each supernatural creature. All face claims will be real life models. I don't have any restrictions on who you use.. just make sure someone else isn't using your face claim. Please be creative! The more characters the more drama... ~ REMEMBER All characters will not get along.. so keep that in mind. With all these races.. drama is bound to happen. Again, Please stick to the blurb for each division of supernatural character.. however feel free to get as creative as you want too with-in the blurb.

P R O F I L E S

Most of you have probably skipped down to here for the reserve and profile titles. I'm not a saint either. (heads up, characters section is very important). You can take up to two characters (to start with!). To get a reserve and profile application, please check the Application Thread. When you send your reserve, we will approve it first, then you can start on your profile. After your reserve has been approved, you will have two days to submit a profile. Character profiles will be linked to their reserve icons! Send reserves and profiles to: A is for Angst. Title reserves “NAME_OF_YOUR_HOUSE” (EX. Zeus) and title profiles “with your character's name and year in college” Also If neither of us have role-played with you before please… send Angst a link to a few sample posts with your reserve.!

Any more rules will be added in crimson
                              Last but not least, have fun!

User Image
++RESERVES !

H O U S E xN Y X x(3/4)

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Tyler Andrew Breckenridge

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: 67; appears 20

tab ʏᴇᴀʀ :: Sophomore

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: A is for Angst

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Abel Lee

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: fourty five, but appears nineteen/twenty

tab ʏᴇᴀʀ :: sophomore

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: TARDIS s t u c k

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Agustin Enoch Vaughn

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: 38 | appears 22

tab ʏᴇᴀʀ :: Junior

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Pie Poodie

H O U S E xS E L E N E x(2/4)

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Beaumont Dubois

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: Twenty

tab ʏᴇᴀʀ :: Junior

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: l0kk1

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Emmanuel Cortez

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: 18

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Professor_Kittens

H O U S E xH E C A T E x(4/4)

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Clarie Nessa Hawthorn

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: Nineteen

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: mephitical_kitty

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Amber Beck

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: 18

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: apricate

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Zoraida Burton

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: Eighteen

tab ʏᴇᴀʀ :: Freshman

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: HalflingPuppeteer

User Image tab Name :: Esperanza Noemi Arroyo

tab Age :: Twenty

tab Year :: Junior

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: AngelicXfruad

H O U S E xA P H R O D I T E x(2/4)

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Polly Maddox

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: 134, appears in late teens

tab ʏᴇᴀʀ :: Sophmore

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: alyxithymia

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Charity Roberts

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: Twenty

tab ʏᴇᴀʀ :: Freshmen

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Pie Poodie

H O U S E xZ E U S x(2/2 m ; 2/2 f)

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Noel Burr Lund

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: Eighteen

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: l0kk1

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Yun Sang Min

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: sixteen

tab ʏᴇᴀʀ :: freshman

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: TARDIS s t u c k

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Ariana Fairchild

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: Nineteen

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: A is for Angst

User Image tab ɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Violet Sheppard

tab ᴀɢᴇ :: eighteen

tab ʏᴇᴀʀ :: freshman

tab ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ :: Taka_tashimaru
User Image
++RACE INFO !

Vampires || "Vampires are creatures of the night. They are immortal and appear the age they first turned, forever. Vampires have an obsession over blood. They have enhanced senses, speed, and strength. Vampires burn in the sun. In order to kill a vampire, a stake must be driven through their heart or their head must be cut off. "

Werewolves || "Werewolves are people who can change to be wolf-like or a wolf. They look like regular humans, with the exception of enhanced strength. They normally have control over their transformation. However, they always transform on a full moon. Whenever their emotions are extremely heightened, especially anger, they may also transform as well."

Demi-Gods || "Demi Gods are the children of a God and a mortal. This means they are not immortal. However, they do age at a much slower pace. A Demi God inherits their godly parent's ability. Their powers kick in once they hit their teenage years. They also have above average reflexes and an affinity for the Greek or Latin language. "
                                  Taken Parents

Chione - Goddess of Snow/Ice - Noel Lund
                                  Apollo - God of Sun/Music/Knowledge/etc. - Yun Sang Min
                                  Hades - God of Death/the Underworld - Ariana Fairchild
                                  Artemis - Goddess of the Moon/Hunt/Wilderness - Violet Sheppard

Witches || "Witches are powerful beings capable of fantastic spells. Witches all over the world are governed by a High Council, whose word is law. Witches commonly form covens, but this is not a necessity. They are also often social, and meet with other witches. Witches speak Latin to perform their spells and are also able to make potions. Some witches are born with the ability to use magic; others make a deal with demons to gain their power."

Succubi || " A Succubus feeds and heals herself by drawing chi through the mouths of her lovers while engaging in sexual activity. The succubus can also kill someone by draining their victim of their chi, some can even draw the chi from multiple bodies at the same time. A succubus can read sexual auras. Through touch they can even manipulate and seduce others bending their will. While they are not immortal they do have an abnormal length of life. "

++HOUSE INFO !

tab tab HOUSE NYX
                                      || House color: Silver House animal: Bat

House Nyx was the third House to be established at Arkwright. The goddess of the night was an easy fit for the vampires, the children of the night. These boys are fairly close-knit, but they have been known to sneak around behind one another's backs on occasion. As they prefer fresh blood to the bagged blood they receive from the administration, members of this house may do whatever they can for a proper meal - oftentimes resorting to romantic or sexual behaviors to convince others to let them take a bite. Though the Nyx members are generally quite smart, those behaviors has become more of a stereotype for their House. They have a long-standing rivalry with House Selene.

tab tab HOUSE SELENE
                                      || House color: Grey-blue House animal: Wolf

The House of Selene, goddess of the moon, oddly enough was the first House founded. Its founder was none other than Charles Arkwright who also happened to be the founder of the University itself. All the house inhabitants who live under the roof of Selene are those who have the blood of the wolf. Werewolves, so to say, children of the moon. Even though the House of Selene is the oldest House they have the lowest record on claiming the House Cup. Which is odd given what the House is known for. This house is known for having the most jocks as well as having a huge appetite. However with brawn most of the time one is left without brains. House Selene is also reprimanded the most, having the most fights with each other as well as members of other houses. Which they tend to start.

tab tab HOUSE HECATE
                                      || House color: Rose House animal: Cat

House Hecate was the second House to be built on the University Campus. Hecate, the goddess of witchcraft and magic, seemed to be the perfect match to represent the house full of witches. These powerful females have not only formed a bond of sisterhood, but also have started to make up one of the largest covens in the world. Young witches all over the world want to be a part of this coven, and only a very few are able. This House is known for having the strongest bond. It is very rare to see any of these sisters bicker. Most of the time the House recruits smart and intellectual witches. However there are a few people that were recruited for their raw magical ability.

tab tab HOUSE APHRODITE
                                      || House color: Gold House animal: Snake

The fourth House to be built on campus was House Aphrodite, named for the goddess of love. Fittingly enough, it houses a portion of the university's succubus population. The girls of House Aphrodite are exceptionally cunning and clever, while also holding to the flirtatious, promiscuous nature of their kind. The members of this house do tend to be rather 'catty,' and may be more jealous than other girls, especially with one another. They're also generally quite athletic, though they have not held the House Cup in many years, so they're more than ready to make a grab for the Cup this year.

tab tab HOUSE ZEUS
                                      || House color: Purple House animal: Eagle

The newest House on Campus. This house is unique being that not only does it host only one gender; it holds both. House Zeus is solely made up of Demi-gods, which can get kind of intense sometimes. Being that the residents are both males and females the house has a variety of types of students who inhabit its walls. That being said House Zeus is known for housing the wealthier students on campus - riches might come more easily when one of your parents is a god. These generally preppy students often feel like their House is better than all the others - even if they were the last to arrive. House Zeus currently holds the House Cup, which they have had for a year. They plan to keep the title of champions. Besides, who else deserves the cup other than the gods of the campus?
User Image
++SETTING !

sᴜɴi ᴍᴏɴix ᴛᴜᴇiix ᴡᴇᴅix ᴛʜᴜʀxi ғʀɪixi sᴀᴛ
                              xxxi 1xxix 2xxx 3xxxi 4ixxi 5xix 6
                              7xxi 8xxxi 9xxi 10xx 11xi 12ix 13
                              14x 15xx 16xx 17xx 18xi 19xi 20
                              21x 22xx 23xx 24xx 25xi 26ix 27
                              28x 29xx 30xx 31

tab tab tab xxx ϟ x
                              tab tab tab Today is Nov. 5 at 7:00 PM :: cool and dark, with a half moon and a night full of stars.
                              tab tab tab tab 55° F // 12.8° C

1. HOUSE NYX || Vampires
                              Bedrooms || [x]
                              Bathrooms || [x]
                              Living Room || [x]
                              Kitchen || [x]

2. HOUSE SELENE || Werewolves
                              Bedrooms || [x]
                              Bathrooms || [x]
                              Living Room || [x]
                              Kitchen || [x]

3. HOUSE HECATE || Witches
                              Bedrooms || [x]
                              Bathrooms || [x]
                              Living Room || [x]
                              Kitchen || [x]

4. HOUSE APHRODITE || Succubi
                              Bedrooms || [x]
                              Bathrooms || [x]
                              Living Room || [x]
                              Kitchen || [x]

5. HOUSE ZEUS [[ CO-ED ]] || Demi-gods
                              Bedrooms || [x]
                              Bathrooms || [x]
                              Living Room || [x]
                              Kitchen || [x]

6. [x] Campus
                              Garden || [x]
                              tab Gazebo || [x]
                              tab Fountain || [x]
                              Cafeteria || [x]
                              tab Seating || [x]
                              Classrooms || [x]

User Image
++UPDATES !

Nov. 20, 2014 - Under Construction / Accepting !

Nov. 22, 2014 - We are Open !

Nov. 25, 2014 - House Zeus is full !

Dec. 10 2014 - House Hecate is full !

User Image
++HOUSE CUP !

Arkwright University holds various competitions between the five houses throughout the year. At the end of the year, the house that has accumulated the most points is awarded the House Cup. The Cup marks their house as the champion, and is a symbol of pride - and bragging rights - for the rest of the next year. The winner of an event will be decided via a generation of a random number in the appropriate number generating thread. One person from each house will be chosen to generate the number, and whichever house gets the highest number (from 1-50) will be the winner. We will then roleplay the event accordingly!

Current Champions:
                              tab tab House Zeus

Current Points:
                              tab tab House Nyx: 10 xxxx House Selene: 50 xxxx House Hecate: 30 xxxx House Aphrodite: 40 xxxx House Zeus: 20

tab tab 2nd place - 40 points
                              tab tab 3rd place - 30 points
                              tab tab 4th place - 20 points
                              tab tab 5th place - 10 points

Past Events:
                              tab tab Sept. 7th - Ultimate Frisbee
                              tab tab tab tab Was not played out in the RP. Numbers were pre-gen'd. The first event of the year, and a chance to get the students from all of the Houses interacting. Come join us on the field for a game of Ultimate Frisbee! Powers are allowed, but play safe. Winners: House Selene

Upcoming Events:
                              tab tab Oct. 31st - Pumpkin Carving
                              tab tab tab tab On Halloween night, all of the houses will get together in the garden to carve pumpkins! The house that carves the best pumpkin will be given 40 house points by a panel of impartial judges. Afterwards, House Nyx will be hosting a Halloween party. Come prepared for a wild night!

tab tab Nov. 18th - Capture the Flag
                              tab tab tab tab A team will be selected from each house to take part in a game of Capture the Flag. Supernatural abilities are allowed - so long as no serious injuries are caused. The winner will earn 40 points for their house.

tab tab Dec. 23rd - Holiday Ball
                              tab tab tab tab For the students staying on campus during the holiday season, there will be a ball held on the 23rd. It will be formal, so come dressed in your best! There will be dancing, food, and desserts. Make sure you remember to buy your tickets!

++RESERVED !

++RESERVED !

++RESERVED !

++RESERVED !

++RESERVED !

++RESERVED !

++RESERVED !

++OPEN !

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff