Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ungoliath
DeathWyrmNexus
Like have tiers of powers to add to your aura. Haha, if the developers are feeling generous, you could even name your aura. rofl

Keep dreaming.
I'm still wanting in-forum titles with a word filter and they still don't do it. BASTARDS. scream

razz I will keep dreaming... It is why I bother posting at all, otherwise I would have left long ago. razz

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Ungoliath
DeathWyrmNexus
Like have tiers of powers to add to your aura. Haha, if the developers are feeling generous, you could even name your aura. rofl

Keep dreaming.
I'm still wanting in-forum titles with a word filter and they still don't do it. BASTARDS. scream

And I'm waiting on something in-game that would allow a person to keep a message over their head, like, "Cl 10 wants in SS crew"

Dreams are cheap and make people happy so easy.

Anyways, this thread must live until we get developer comments in here xd .

Wheezing Warlord

@DW & Ungo;
              Kay, I think it's about time I post a thread as well.
              Should the Topic be Crews or Crafting/Epic Crafts?
              'Cause I've been meaning to post both for a while.
              xd

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
SykoCaster

@DW & Ungo;
              Kay, I think it's about time I post a thread as well.
              Should the Topic be Crews or Crafting/Epic Crafts?
              'Cause I've been meaning to post both for a while.
              xd

Pffft, go with crafting.

Wheezing Warlord

Sounds good.

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anyways, that was what I was saying I had in mind for a tech tree idea. You can only access this screen from the null chamber, and it serves for both buying and "equipping" an aura. First you have to buy the basic Aura which gives a very minor boost, and then you upgrade from there in any path you want. The more to the right, the more the orbs you need to turn in. The top branch would be the Pirate's Bounty Branch, the second the Shadow Dragon branch and so on. Any auras you already bought would have a glow around them to indicate that you already have it. On the right, a description window shows the picture, the name, the strength of the aura and if you don't already have the aura, the amount of orbs you currently have and the cost of upgrading the aura.

oh, and bump.

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
SykoCaster
tangocat777
SykoCaster
tangocat777
DeathWyrmNexus
Ung: How will it be useless? 50k orbs is not even half the time required to get 20 million. You can get orb drops and eat rings. Orbs are easy to get if you are playing more often.

So no, I don't see a 30k power as useless.

Tango: Can only be changed in the Null. So yea, they can change but so can the crew.
I see, just change leader to get another aura? Maybe that would balance itself, I wouldn't be sure until they tried. I was really thinking about how a group of random six players could all have different buffs, whatever they needed, but in crews they'd all get the same bonus, which may actually be bad for crewing if everyone wants something different.
Also, I had another idea in an edit on the last page, in case you didn't see it.

Well that would require some degree of strategy, planning, and coordination within a crew.
Well, you have to balance for two distinct groups in zOMG! Hardcore players will use everything in their advantage to surpass casuals in every way possible, and casuals have a hard time with simple game concepts, like crewing, good grammer, and planning are good thing. So I guess while hardcore players could balance those conflicting wants with crew leader changing, it would be pretty scary to have even fewer new players learn to crew well.
But I think some of these ideas would balance out really well no matter what each player was after, if the benefit increased with crew size. Like the HP sucking would help players survive longer and reduce stamina use for healing, so they could kill more animated and get more of everything they wanted.

Yes, but whatever boost you have, it's only an addition, not a penalty.
              So it's not like you'd do any worse with an ability active, even if it doesn't directly effect your goal.
              So I don't really see the issue.
Hmm, I guess you're right. Although this does raise another question: how would these leader auras affect the difficulty of the game after they're released? Already the game is mind-numbingly easy, even in the hardest areas on hard mode when you bring several buffs. I don't think the current build is really ready to simply add this on as a bonus, with no penalties whatsoever. Maybe the crew aura bonuses should be restricted to new areas, like chapter areas and instances that are difficulty balanced for risk and reward with the auras in mind. Only, gold and orb bonuses don't actually make the game easier, so I wouldn't mind having those available for use everywhere.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
I like others before me am going to voice my concern at the orb levels.

1) They're exorbitant. It's only 450 to get a single ring to C.L. 10.0, and it's 3.6k to get to C.L. 10.0 for a player. Even the full 10.0 set is only ~18.5k

I would say... 5k would be a "reasonable" amount if you absolutely insisted on having them as a high-cost end-game type perk. This brings me to point 2:

2) The Orbs will already be drained away by the new Loot/Crafting System being implemented. So we not only have to invest orbs into levelling, and getting the cool items we want.. but we have to reach C.L. 10.0 many times over just to get a single buff?

Good lord, they'd better certifiably shatter game balance at that price, otherwise bugger that.

Distinct Warlord

tangocat777
Maybe the crew aura bonuses should be restricted to new areas, like chapter areas and instances that are difficulty balanced for risk and reward with the auras in mind. Only, gold and orb bonuses don't actually make the game easier, so I wouldn't mind having those available for use everywhere.

Considering the amount Nexus wants, you wont be able to get ANY of the auras until you finish the new areas xd

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I like the idea of orbs not being useless even after you have all 41 rings at CL 10, but that price seems a bit... Insane. 30 K really isn't at all reasonable. From having no motivation to claim any orbs to being expected to have 30,000 is far too large a jump but it would be nice to have some idea of gain coming back into the game.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Um folks... Read what Syko has in my OP.

I already conceded the idea of a step up pattern. razz

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
DeathWyrmNexus
Um folks... Read what Syko has in my OP.

I already conceded the idea of a step up pattern. razz
*shrugs* I still think it's exorbitant >.<;;

And.. the final stage might be packing some pretty hefty balance issues.
Sounds fun.

I think making them upgradable would be best, and make it only a crew thing. If it works while playing solo then it will make life too easy.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Quintafeira12
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anyways, that was what I was saying I had in mind for a tech tree idea. You can only access this screen from the null chamber, and it serves for both buying and "equipping" an aura. First you have to buy the basic Aura which gives a very minor boost, and then you upgrade from there in any path you want. The more to the right, the more the orbs you need to turn in. The top branch would be the Pirate's Bounty Branch, the second the Shadow Dragon branch and so on. Any auras you already bought would have a glow around them to indicate that you already have it. On the right, a description window shows the picture, the name, the strength of the aura and if you don't already have the aura, the amount of orbs you currently have and the cost of upgrading the aura.

oh, and bump.

You get in the OP, my friend. wink

Val: rolleyes I sit on 50k in orbs and I hardly play. I want to have pity for people who have less but ya know... Just play and the orbs will flow. Then again, I play more than I post. I really don't want to sound hostile but I am starting to see nothing but excuses. If you don't play enough to get the orbs, then you probably don't play enough to bother with the auras anyway.

With the step up system, you'd probably end up paying only 15-25k anyway. No I am going to quote Bruce Campbell and hope for forgiveness due to his epicness.

"Less bitching and more fighting." wink

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
DeathWyrmNexus
Val: rolleyes I sit on 50k in orbs and I hardly play. I want to have pity for people who have less but ya know... Just play and the orbs will flow. Then again, I play more than I post. I really don't want to sound hostile but I am starting to see nothing but excuses. If you don't play enough to get the orbs, then you probably don't play enough to bother with the auras anyway.

With the step up system, you'd probably end up paying only 15-25k anyway. No I am going to quote Bruce Campbell and hope for forgiveness due to his epicness.

"Less bitching and more fighting." wink
*shrugs* It's not intended to be an excuse. I'm merely stating that you need to put your numbers into context.

You are talking about a single buff that takes MANY TIMES more orbs than reaching C.L. 10.0. Can you make it worth it without breaking the game?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff