Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ung: How will it be useless? 50k orbs is not even half the time required to get 20 million. You can get orb drops and eat rings. Orbs are easy to get if you are playing more often.

So no, I don't see a 30k power as useless.

Tango: Can only be changed in the Null. So yea, they can change but so can the crew.

Wheezing Warlord

Hey Ungo...
              If you're not going to be playing the game and getting orbs anyway, why would you want the buffs?
              You need to play to get the buffs, but you need to play to use them, too.
              :P

Distinct Warlord

DeathWyrmNexus
Ung: How will it be useless? 50k orbs is not even half the time required to get 20 million. You can get orb drops and eat rings. Orbs are easy to get if you are playing more often.
Tango: Can only be changed in the Null. So yea, they can change but so can the crew.

Time, Effort and Money are the things every customer values when they "buy" something. In this case, Time and Effort is just too much for a person that plays casual. 5K to 25K seems reasonable, but beyond that it's just pushing it. Although I think hat as a general rule. One being that hard could be cool. But not EACH one.

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
DeathWyrmNexus

I see, just change leader to get another aura? Maybe that would balance itself, I wouldn't be sure until they tried. I was really thinking about how a group of random six players could all have different buffs, whatever they needed, but in crews they'd all get the same bonus, which may actually be bad for crewing if everyone wants something different.
Also, I had another idea in an edit on the last page, in case you didn't see it.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
And to be honest, I've been half a** playing and still managed to get 10k orbs in under a month. As in, maybe playing three times a week with some Papa Saw action. If you farm the right places for a few hours, you can easily get a few hundred orbs, if not more because you are eating rings too.

Wheezing Warlord

tangocat777
DeathWyrmNexus

I see, just change leader to get another aura? Maybe that would balance itself, I wouldn't be sure until they tried. I was really thinking about how a group of random six players could all have different buffs, whatever they needed, but in crews they'd all get the same bonus, which may actually be bad for crewing if everyone wants something different.
Also, I had another idea in an edit on the last page, in case you didn't see it.

Well that would require some degree of strategy, planning, and coordination within a crew.

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Terrific idea, I love it! But I'm against all that 30k price. I mean, what the hell? We'll be having Epic crafts that require orbs, I can't just be wasting them on buffs like this each time we play.
And as a added bonus, this is similar to what I had in mind for our Ghi boosts. The feature is under developed, even Qixter admitted it back then, and I was thinking something along the lines of character customization, including auras to crew members. Leaving the auras to the command kinda makes sense, so why not?

And if anything, I very much like Skyo's remark. Make them upgradeable, and if possible, able to choose from a Tech tree for auras. First upgrade on each branch (the critical branch, the gold branch, the loot and orb branch, the life steal branch, the defense branch) would be cheaper, but the last upgrade on each would require several orbs, so players were motivated to go one at a time for a bigger boost that would help get the other ones.

Also, I don't feel the leader of a crew has any important roles myself, but people keep pushing the crown onto me for my, uh, "communication skills", I guess... (read: Doesn't stop talking)

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ungoliath
DeathWyrmNexus

Time, Effort and Money are the things every customer values when they "buy" something. In this case, Time and Effort is just too much for a person that plays casual. 5K to 25K seems reasonable, but beyond that it's just pushing it. Although I think hat as a general rule. One being that hard could be cool. But not EACH one.

Never said each one would be 30k.

Also, I have 50k orbs, it has value to me. It can have value to other people who have that many orbs. It has value to them. Time, Effort, and Currency, all covered. neutral

Um, Tango, reread my OP. My example includes Syko and I trading the crown to get different auras going. wink

Distinct Warlord

Quintafeira12
Terrific idea. But I'm against all that 30k price. I mean, what the hell? We'll be having Epic crafts that require orbs, I can't just be wasting them on buffs like this.
And as a addded bonus, this is similar to what I had in mind for our Ghi boosts. The feature is under developed, even Qixter admitted it back then, and I was thinking something along the lines of character customization, including auras to crew members. Leaving the auras to the command kinda makes sense, so why not?

Oh, that too. I forgot that Epic Crafts will need Orbs.

DeathWyrmNexus
Never said each one would be 30k.
Also, I have 50k orbs, it has value to me. It can have value to other people who have that many orbs. It has value to them. Time, Effort, and Currency, all covered. neutral

THEN STATE IT DAMMIT! gonk
And I'm not talking of that, I'm talking on time used on zOMG! for average gaians.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
tangocat777
Good idea, DeathWyrm. One thing, though, I think that the idea has a potential to be a bit overpowered in soloing. Solo players can be whatever they want to at any time, but crews all have to adhere to the same buff. Plus, soloing in zOMG! is so amazingly easy anyways. Perhaps the aura should be made more powerful in large crews, or maybe dependant on Ghi.
Edit: oh, nother idea, make it only work if your crewmates are on the same screen. New players are probably going to be dependant on oldbies, so using this as a way to put a leash on them would be doubly awesome.

Good thinking, I'll add.

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
SykoCaster
tangocat777
DeathWyrmNexus

Well that would require some degree of strategy, planning, and coordination within a crew.
Well, you have to balance for two distinct groups in zOMG! Hardcore players will use everything in their advantage to surpass casuals in every way possible, and casuals have a hard time with simple game concepts, like crewing, good grammer, and planning are good thing. So I guess while hardcore players could balance those conflicting wants with crew leader changing, it would be pretty scary to have even fewer new players learn to crew well.
But I think some of these ideas would balance out really well no matter what each player was after, if the benefit increased with crew size. Like the HP sucking would help players survive longer and reduce stamina use for healing, so they could kill more animated and get more of everything they wanted.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
For the record, I really like the idea of starting cheap and upgrading auras as you go. Perhaps even a bit of customization could come into effect from it.

Like have tiers of powers to add to your aura. Haha, if the developers are feeling generous, you could even name your aura. rofl

Wheezing Warlord

tangocat777
SykoCaster
tangocat777
DeathWyrmNexus

Well, you have to balance for two distinct groups in zOMG! Hardcore players will use everything in their advantage to surpass casuals in every way possible, and casuals have a hard time with simple game concepts, like crewing, good grammer, and planning are good thing. So I guess while hardcore players could balance those conflicting wants with crew leader changing, it would be pretty scary to have even fewer new players learn to crew well.
But I think some of these ideas would balance out really well no matter what each player was after, if the benefit increased with crew size. Like the HP sucking would help players survive longer and reduce stamina use for healing, so they could kill more animated and get more of everything they wanted.

Yes, but whatever boost you have, it's only an addition, not a penalty.
              So it's not like you'd do any worse with an ability active, even if it doesn't directly effect your goal.
              So I don't really see the issue.

Distinct Warlord

DeathWyrmNexus
Like have tiers of powers to add to your aura. Haha, if the developers are feeling generous, you could even name your aura. rofl

Keep dreaming.
I'm still wanting in-forum titles with a word filter and they still don't do it. BASTARDS. scream

Wheezing Warlord

DeathWyrmNexus
For the record, I really like the idea of starting cheap and upgrading auras as you go. Perhaps even a bit of customization could come into effect from it.

I really doubt they'd go as far as customization, but yeah. It'd be nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff