Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Warlord

As thrilling as the narrative is, you should probably include a TL;DR just outlining the function of them Amulets and how they'd work.
              'Cause I'm not seeing a difference between the amulet and the imbued powers.
              Or any kind of limit on how much power you could build up into these things.
              All I'm seeing is a story about your Avatar's necklace inexplicably gaining powers just because you've heard of them.

That being said.
              I don't think "diversity" is the right word if the entire crew gets the same bonus.

Personally, I'd like to see something along these lines, but with a more singular focus.
              Amulets should be their own, separate idea.
              For two reasons;
              One, I think the broad-spectrum boosts should be for clans.
              Players themselves, though, need ways to adjust their roles.
              'Cause right now, the only thing separating players is Meat, Fitness, and Fortune's Favor.
              Other than that, everyone in every crew gets every buff, and is exactly the same.
              And while, yes, more Passive rings is an option, you should be able to specialize without sacrificing half your ring slots.
              Two, it'll totally ruin random crews.
              Even more than they're already ruined.
              Because every single noob is going to just go after whichever boost has "demon" "vampire" or "ninja" in it, even if there're 20 better boosts.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
SykoCaster

As thrilling as the narrative is, you should probably include a TL;DR just outlining the function of them Amulets and how they'd work.
              'Cause I'm not seeing a difference between the amulet and the imbued powers.
              Or any kind of limit on how much power you could build up into these things.
              All I'm seeing is a story about your Avatar's necklace inexplicably gaining powers just because you've heard of them.

That being said.
              I don't think "diversity" is the right word if the entire crew gets the same bonus.

Personally, I'd like to see something along these lines, but with a more singular focus.
              Amulets should be their own, separate idea.
              For two reasons;
              One, I think the broad-spectrum boosts should be for clans.
              Players themselves, though, need ways to adjust their roles.
              'Cause right now, the only thing separating players is Meat, Fitness, and Fortune's Favor.
              Other than that, everyone in every crew gets every buff, and is exactly the same.
              And while, yes, more Passive rings is an option, you should be able to specialize without sacrificing half your ring slots.
              Two, it'll totally ruin random crews.
              Even more than they're already ruined.
              Because every single noob is going to just go after whichever boost has "demon" "vampire" or "ninja" in it, even if there're 20 better boosts.

1. Crew Auras are generated from the Crew Leader. If you aren't the leader, your aura is inactive. You also can't have all the powers going at once.

2. TL;DR section added.

3. I'm already working on an amulet thread but made mention of it in this thread, hence the update.

4. Yes, I realize that the Clan based powers will make the crew leader aura idea moot.

5. And most importantly, there is no cure for idiocy. The existence of idiots doesn't invalidate an idea. wink

Wheezing Warlord

Ah.
              So those were separate powers from a community tree, not add-ons to the Shadow Dragon amulet.
              Okay, I get it now.

So, Ghi Lore would be what?
              Like... the Amulet version of Total Charge or...?

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
SykoCaster

Ah.
              So those were separate powers from a community tree, not add-ons to the Shadow Dragon amulet.
              Okay, I get it now.

So, Ghi Lore would be what?
              Like... the Amulet version of Total Charge or...?

New thread is new

Talk here

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

oops... wrong one. (sorry!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items