Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
It's on constantly when you have the crown and when you have the higher tiers, you have effects on even if you don't have the crown.

I am thinking of effects that aren't commonly on rings, like life leech, orb chance improvements, etc.

So yea, I find the idea of an aura that I don't have hold up with a ring to be very appealing and worth the higher cost considering how Luck affects ring drops and rings can be eaten for orbs.

*shrugs*

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
In all honesty.. I'd rather them put it on a ring and pay the stamina. *shrugs*

15 minutes is a hella long time for a tiny bit of stamina after all.

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus
Val: rolleyes I sit on 50k in orbs and I hardly play. I want to have pity for people who have less but ya know... Just play and the orbs will flow. Then again, I play more than I post. I really don't want to sound hostile but I am starting to see nothing but excuses. If you don't play enough to get the orbs, then you probably don't play enough to bother with the auras anyway.
With the step up system, you'd probably end up paying only 15-25k anyway. No I am going to quote Bruce Campbell and hope for forgiveness due to his epicness.
"Less bitching and more fighting." wink
*shrugs* It's not intended to be an excuse. I'm merely stating that you need to put your numbers into context.
You are talking about a single buff that takes MANY TIMES more orbs than reaching C.L. 10.0. Can you make it worth it without breaking the game?

But I stopped playing because I reached CL 10 with every ring that there was and had another 1 K in reserve in case they released a new ring or raised the cap... And then I stopped playing because there ceased to be any gain. I imagine most other players did too. It just doesn't make sense to make something worth that many after there had been absolutely zero motivation to get more. Now zOMG is a place that I go to get free stuff when I'm done with the Daily Chance and a place to work on the next badge when I just have so much free time that I don't know what to do with myself and I'd bet a substantial amount of gold that I'm in the majority in this regard. This is why starting smaller makes sense.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita

Considering how often you solo, you streamline your ring set up. Why worry about rings that won't do half of this when you could honestly have an aura and not mess up your rings?

So sure, you'd rather have it on a ring because you'd probably not use it because you either can't fit it in or you can't afford it. *shrugs*

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
DeathWyrmNexus
Valheita

Considering how often you solo, you streamline your ring set up. Why worry about rings that won't do half of this when you could honestly have an aura and not mess up your rings?

So sure, you'd rather have it on a ring because you'd probably not use it because you either can't fit it in or you can't afford it. *shrugs*
Oh, I'd admit the aura would be nice.

Just not 10,000 orbs nice. Maybe 3,600 orbs nice though. That I could see, even if I do only have 700 right now >.<;;

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus
Valheita

Oh, I'd admit the aura would be nice.

Just not 10,000 orbs nice. Maybe 3,600 orbs nice though. That I could see, even if I do only have 700 right now >.<;;

Eh, both are equally preposterous when you put it into that perspective. If I remember correctly, you barely have your ring sets completed despite having been around all this time. So yea, the problem isn't exactly a price issue, it is a play issue.

Simply put, I play more. I do more. Thus I have more. When you play more, you'll have more. So even if you only have 700 orbs right now, there is only one fix for that. Play more.

The problem isn't the price, even if it would be perfectly reasonable to have it all boil down to a total of 5k as well as have top tier stuff costing 10k. The problem is that people need to play the game more. Get more Ghi Buffs, get more orbs. That is the problem, not the price.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
DeathWyrmNexus
Eh, both are equally preposterous when you put it into that perspective. If I remember correctly, you barely have your ring sets completed despite having been around all this time. So yea, the problem isn't exactly a price issue, it is a play issue.

Simply put, I play more. I do more. Thus I have more. When you play more, you'll have more. So even if you only have 700 orbs right now, there is only one fix for that. Play more.

The problem isn't the price, even if it would be perfectly reasonable to have it all boil down to a total of 5k as well as have top tier stuff costing 10k. The problem is that people need to play the game more. Get more Ghi Buffs, get more orbs. That is the problem, not the price.
Well then the question is: Is it reasonable to expect people to play more?

I know I can't. I get Sunday, and that's it to play. Even then, only when I don't have assignments. And I've got not one, but two guides to maintain.. even if I do have a guild helping me out.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus

Well then the question is: Is it reasonable to expect people to play more?

I know I can't. I get Sunday, and that's it to play. Even then, only when I don't have assignments. And I've got not one, but two guides to maintain.. even if I do have a guild helping me out.

Yes, yes it is. If you want more, you do more. Period. If you can't, you won't. It is why I only have 50k instead of 200k. I have too much else to do with my time as well as lacking a will to be here nearly every moment.

I couldn't afford 13 hours straight and my computer couldn't handle old EB, hence I don't have an earlier win badge. I can't afford 13-20thousand hour Hive Runs because I have kids and dear god, I'd kill myself with boredom even with my best friends. So, I don't have either of those records.

You chose school and the forums over the game. That's your choice and certainly school/life takes priority but fact remains that you don't deserve more than 700 orbs if you don't earn more than 700 orbs.

I'm not basing this game idea off your available game time or even my own. I couldn't afford to get everything out of my original pricing. I can't even presume to get everything out of the step up plan.

However, this pricing or whatever pricing they decide is just as fair as Ghi buffs right now. I don't have Major Accuracy because I didn't put in the time yet. Complaining or simply stating my lack of time or desire to play doesn't change that.

The concept is power for a price, just like everything else. If you can't afford it, you can't have it. The idea is fair. Whether or not it is inconvenient is the player's problem. At some point, you draw a line. Some people get it, oddly enough a fair number of people can afford these orb prices at any rate. Some people won't until they put in the time.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
That's all very well from a philosophical PoV, but it's not very helpful from a game-development PoV.

You can't make a simple flash game, and then say "if you play this for more than 700 hours, we'll make it even cooler". You need to consider how often players will play.

Hmm. Wonder if you could approach it mathematically. Would you say that 1-2 hours a day would be acceptable for a... low level addict/hardcore zOMG!er?

Oh, and the reason I choose the forums is 'cause I can access them from Uni. The computers there'd explode if I tried zOMG! >.<;;

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Um, it isn't a matter of philosophy. As of this exact instance, this is how Ghi Buffs work. And I am not even asking for half of the time needed to get Major Dodge. So yes, I AM taking this from a game making POV.

Careful about your mathematical approach because you can get a lot of orbs in an hour if you actually do the work.

And I am going to bed.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
I've maintained for many months that the Ghi durations are overdone too >.>;;

If we allow say 12 hours a week for zOMG!, that'd about say 8 Shallow Sea runs, for about 400k per run you're looking at 3200 orbs/week.

This means it's about 3 weeks at that rate, to earn a single ability full tier. I guess it's not bad.. until you take into account the fact that most probably won't play 12 hours a week. >.<;;
This needs a bump back to the first page.

Distinct Warlord

Nexus, you're being quite stubborn based on your experience. And not everyone has the same. Consider that most people have short spawn attention. They WONT play that long just to have a bonus that they wont use because they'll bore like gnomes on Bills Ranch. These kind of gameplay is intended to be after you finish the game, yes, but not SO LONG AFTER IT. You want to try it some long time while you play, not as a final goal.

Shameless Consumer

10k orbs, for real? Holy hell, I hope I can pay in gold because I've been playing as soon as zOMG was released by join date, and I've never had more than 200 orbs. I actually use some of them on rings.

I mean, I used to be big s**t around here doing SS runs all over the place and popping out rings like candy from the Easter bunny, and my TCL is only a little over 7k.

IRL Vampire

This is an interesting idea as it would a) make orbs usable (along with using them as craft ingredients for the upcoming rare items) and b) add more of a tactical aspect to the game. It would have to be carefully balanced in order to not promote elitism too much. I'm not sure I like the idea of more then one of those skills being obtainable or usable at a time (you could for example, be able to obtain all these skills but only "equip" one at a time). (I'm all for rewarding super dedicated players mind you, but I don't want it to effect game play too much to guarantee newbie-friendliness).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff