Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is good stuff. I especially like that solo-driven players can use this effectively, too.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Goffredo Vanni
This is good stuff. I especially like that solo-driven players can use this effectively, too.

I try to remember to give the solo players love too.
Much appreciated.

Distinct Warlord

DeathWyrmNexus
I wouldn't consider 10k high, considering that even as a lazy zealot, I still have over 50k orbs. 10k just means you've played a decent bit.

I have 500 orbs and I ended the game. With all my rings at CL10. What that means? That for a casual player, 30K WILL be frustrating. Frustrating is not good. Makes players abandon before reaching the goal.
More if you want to collect all the abilities. Just think about it.

Wheezing Warlord

Well, for price... why not make them upgradable?
              Just to buy the "Aura", something low, like 1k orbs. Less even.
              That would just give you a basic, weak, leadership bonus.
              Upgrade it for 3k orbs, you get a stronger leadership bonus, plus, say, the Crit bonus.
              Upgrade it again for 6k orbs, you get a slightly stronger leadership bonus, plus a non-crown bonus.
              And just keep going.

Wheezing Warlord

Ungoliath
DeathWyrmNexus
I wouldn't consider 10k high, considering that even as a lazy zealot, I still have over 50k orbs. 10k just means you've played a decent bit.

I have 500 orbs and I ended the game. With all my rings at CL10. What that means? That for a casual player, 30K WILL be frustrating. Frustrating is not good. Makes players abandon before reaching the goal.

But wouldn't you have more than 500 orbs leftover if you had more rings to upgrade?
              Or, say, a passive ability to upgrade.
              I mean, you got the couple thousand to get all your rings to CL 10.

As in, wouldn't you keep playing if you had a reason to keep playing?

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ungoliath
DeathWyrmNexus

Eh, people quest for items costing 40 million gold on the site and still manage to do it. If you want the perk, do the work. *shrugs*

I am sure the developers would make 1k powers regardless of what I say so I wouldn't fret it over much. I simply believe that there should be higher end powers and if you could get all the powers for 1-5k each, why bother with something that easy?

I want something that everybody would have to work for to collect them all, even if they already have 200k orbs. If you don't have 200k orbs or even 50k orbs, pick a power and work for it. wink

Blessed Seeker

9,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100

it does give a small reason to keep playing I suppose, but when so much time has gone into farming those orbs and with zOMG expansion coming out eventually people may want to spend their orbs on other things. The price is still absurdly high.
Psyri

it does give a small reason to keep playing I suppose, but when so much time has gone into farming those orbs and with zOMG expansion coming out eventually people may want to spend their orbs on other things. The price is still absurdly high.

The price can seem high, but can you imagine a bunch of noobs using these?

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Psyri

Well, I'll point to what Syko said. However, the auras are optional. Don't want them, don't get them.

I'd prioritize rings too but I would also consider picking up at least one aura. I don't have to get them all but if I wanted to, I can do the work.

Distinct Warlord

SykoCaster
But wouldn't you have more than 500 orbs leftover if you had more rings to upgrade? Or, say, a passive ability to upgrade.
I mean, you got the couple thousand to get all your rings to CL 10.
As in, wouldn't you keep playing if you had a reason to keep playing?

I went all to Otami way back before and did only boss before Q left. At that time, orb grant was not as often as it is now. And I've been always a player that enjoys to farm, but not all day long.
And no, I like my rings all high leveled to be able to fight comfortable. If you ask me, they're my priority.
And not that many thousands, my TCL is nearly 6K. After all this years. :3
SykoCaster

Upgrade it for 3k orbs, you get a stronger leadership bonus, plus, say, the Crit bonus.
              Upgrade it again for 6k orbs, you get a slightly stronger leadership bonus, plus a non-crown bonus.
              And just keep going.

I like this. Makes it more reachable.
DeathWyrmNexus
Eh, people quest for items costing 40 million gold on the site and still manage to do it. If you want the perk, do the work. *shrugs*
I am sure the developers would make 1k powers regardless of what I say so I wouldn't fret it over much. I simply believe that there should be higher end powers and if you could get all the powers for 1-5k each, why bother with something that easy?
I want something that everybody would have to work for to collect them all, even if they already have 200k orbs. If you don't have 200k orbs or even 50k orbs, pick a power and work for it. wink

Meh, then it will be another thing It will be useless. Think on the Halo. A lot of work just to use another thing and get bored easily with it.
Not all of us have the time or the will to do that kind of effort. Consider that people have short spawn attention.

Wheezing Warlord

DeathWyrmNexus
Psyri

Well, I'll point to what Syko said. However, the auras are optional. Don't want them, don't get them.

I'd prioritize rings too but I would also consider picking up at least one aura. I don't have to get them all but if I wanted to, I can do the work.

I'd also like to suggest that the ability be unlockable, and a free "Spectrum" ability come with it, so everyone gets to use the ability.
              I you change to an offense-oriented or a luck-specialized build, it wouldn't be better, just more specialized.
              That way, no one is left out.

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
Good idea, DeathWyrm. One thing, though, I think that the idea has a potential to be a bit overpowered in soloing. Solo players can be whatever they want to at any time, but crews all have to adhere to the same buff. Plus, soloing in zOMG! is so amazingly easy anyways. Perhaps the aura should be made more powerful in large crews, or maybe dependant on Ghi.
Edit: oh, nother idea, make it only work if your crewmates are on the same screen. New players are probably going to be dependant on oldbies, so using this as a way to put a leash on them would be doubly awesome.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
SykoCaster

And just keep going.

Adding to OP, great idea.

Wheezing Warlord

tangocat777
Good idea, DeathWyrm. One thing, though, I think that the idea has a potential to be a bit overpowered in soloing. Solo players can be whatever they want to at any time, but crews all have to adhere to the same buff. Plus, soloing in zOMG! is so amazingly easy anyways. Perhaps the aura should be made more powerful in large crews, or maybe dependant on Ghi.

More powerful in crews.
              Definitely.

A leader is nothing without his people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out