Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ungoliath
And I'll slap you in the face if you DARE to tell me that I AM an inexperienced player. I play this damn game since the first wave of testers, suffer two resets and I still play every time to time. I just got bored, but it's not the same.

Slap my face and I'll know I am right. rofl You're pleading poverty when you have been playing since the beginning. You've had to deal with resets. So have a lot of people I know who actually have orb counts rivaling mine.

Very well, you're bored so you don't play enough. If the game bores you that much, why are you complaining? You won't be playing anyway. Even if we made everything 700 orbs and made only ten of them, you'd be gone again right after you got bored.

So basically, I stopped being concerned with your comments when I realized that you wouldn't be playing the game enough anyway.

Distinct Warlord

Aseres
MMOS aren't supposed to "finish". The idea is to add challanges for after people have killed the EB.

So we don't have a finish but we have an EndBoss? LOL. I know what you mean, that just made me laugh.

As I said to Nexus, you work considering the future but based on what you have. No more, no less. If they would put this feature after chapter three and the situation of users is different, I would change my statements. But as it is now, I stand by my words.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ungoliath
Aseres
MMOS aren't supposed to "finish". The idea is to add challanges for after people have killed the EB.

So we don't have a finish but we have an EndBoss? LOL. I know what you mean, that just made me laugh.

As I said to Nexus, you work considering the future but based on what you have. No more, no less. If they would put this feature after chapter three and the situation of users is different, I would change my statements. But as it is now, I stand by my words.

Which aren't considering the current situation of orb getting ease and events with monsters that are CL 20...

Nice work there, Ung. rolleyes

Distinct Warlord

DeathWyrmNexus
Ungoliath
And I'll slap you in the face if you DARE to tell me that I AM an inexperienced player. I play this damn game since the first wave of testers, suffer two resets and I still play every time to time. I just got bored, but it's not the same.

Slap my face and I'll know I am right. rofl You're pleading poverty when you have been playing since the beginning. You've had to deal with resets. So have a lot of people I know who actually have orb counts rivaling mine.
Very well, you're bored so you don't play enough. If the game bores you that much, why are you complaining? You won't be playing anyway. Even if we made everything 700 orbs and made only ten of them, you'd be gone again right after you got bored.
So basically, I stopped being concerned with your comments when I realized that you wouldn't be playing the game enough anyway.

My English sucks hard, but I mean in past sense "got bored", correct me how the expression should be.
DeathWyrmNexus
Which aren't considering the current situation of orb getting ease and events with monsters that are CL 20...

Situation doesn't refers only to the game, but in the general mood. As was stated by Aseres, we have more people going into Rally than zOMG!
That tells you something.

IRL Vampire

DeathWyrmNexus
Aseres
DeathWyrmNexus
Aseres
This is an interesting idea as it would a) make orbs usable (along with using them as craft ingredients for the upcoming rare items) and b) add more of a tactical aspect to the game. It would have to be carefully balanced in order to not promote elitism too much. I'm not sure I like the idea of more then one of those skills being obtainable or usable at a time (you could for example, be able to obtain all these skills but only "equip" one at a time). (I'm all for rewarding super dedicated players mind you, but I don't want it to effect game play too much to guarantee newbie-friendliness).

I am also thinking it would make a good addition between Chapter 1 and 2. You have a point about complexity vs content which is actually why I am pandering this idea now. We are over our first hump as far as game goes and thus is the time to add something that can really help bring teams together over the next few chapters.

I am not too worried about elitism considering that these auras will only be as good as the team and buffs you bring. I can bring all the life leech I want but if nobody brings Keen Aye, Divinity, and some armor, we'll be dead before we can even crit.

The thing with a lot of my ideas is that they are based on the extrapolation of difficulty over multiple chapters. See, right now, this would be considered End Game content. However, I don't see it as such since we all know they are working on a Chapter 2 and other cities are mentioned. Unless they give up on the game, we are far, far from over. So I consider this to be the perfect time.

You've had your first big victory, story wise, now you need to lead and possibly learn new skills to help your team because it is a team effort. For soloers, they need a new edge to help even out the lack of extra hands. The name of leader aura still fits because sometimes all you lead in life is yourself and keeping yourself motivated is all the more important.

Ung: You're being stubborn based on your inexperience. People with short attention spans won't even notice they are missing something. People with short attention spans won't even have the orbs to get all their rings together. People with short attention spans will already be onto the new thing before I finish a sentence.

All the time you've burned telling me how hard it is, you could have been playing and earned over 700 orbs, easy. Think about it.

Well, the problem with future chapters is that, right now, the game doesn't really have enough sucess to warrant the resources required to actually pump out a new complete chapter in the reasonably near future. Rally has more people logging into it daily and didn't take 4 years to complete. I don't like it, but I'm afraid "end-game" will stay end-game for a while, and the team will concentrate on adding content and features within the first 10 levels for a while to get more people to play. From what I've heard most people actually gave up during the old tutorial and village green gnome rapes, so it'll be important to give that crowd an incentive to find their way back into the game. It's a shame that Gaia has a tendency to release it's games too early (look at all the bs they're dealing with with ocean party...), zOMG has more potential then that :/
/rabble

I aggre though that it's important to add features to the game that take work. I've seen people in this thread complain that they're no where near the required orb count. Why would they be? What's the point in having a "quest" like that if you're already "there"? It's fun to work towards bettering your character, that's the main appeal of any mmo (and totally lacking in zOMG once you hit CL 10 and have a sufficient amount of rings max'd out).

I also like the idea that it rewards tactics and thinking ahead but I'll stop patting my back.

As for your main point, you are right. It is a matter of game success. The sad thing is that the game is basically piss easy. I have an idea for the return of the Gnome General but it didn't get many responses despite that it would require tactics and generally just be a thrill to go through. Oh well, can't please everybody.

But here is the rub, the game is only going to appeal to people who want to play. No amount of making a game easy will fix that. Personally, I found that games that stick to their core ethics and worry about making it fun tend to breed their own success.

Then again, we also need more people who feed the devs, hence why I also made a thread about cash shop ring recolors.

Ung: Because the game is longer than Chapter 1 and people need to realize that. Big quests with big rewards. And there is plenty of logic if you care to play more and get ready for the next part of the game, dude.

Well, the dealbreaker for a lot of Gaians is the fact that the game isn't casual. The fact that it uses CLs instead of "levels", the fact that you can costumize your own ring-set, the fact that you level with random orb-drops and without xp bar is just not casual no matter how 1-shot-able you make mobs. I don't like how easy village greens is now. It's fine that the mobs in the upper section aren't aggro, but the fact that you one-shot them isn't very satisfying. If they wanted to go for 1-hitter-quitters and make that work it would have to be more like the waves of mobs in tourchlight. Doing all this fancy pants orb-CL stuff isn't casual either. It's not casual if you have to explain the very basics of a game to people.
So the staff should work with what they have. A very unique and refreshingly quirky, not entirely user-friendly, certainly not casual game with a desperate lack of content.
Personally, I find the game desperately needs more self-carrying content like Hive (and hopefully the upcoming colliseum). A random dungeon generator, maybe even with mod-possibilities would be amazing. And on top of that it just needs the classical appeal of being able to make your character stronger/better/more customized.

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Ungoliath

And you think this kind of feature is what they seek? A bonus to play with an advantge that you wont need because you wont play anymore after being HELL OUT BORED?

... YES!

Actually, that's my exact answer. Those people don't stop playing because they are bored of the game, they stop playing because they did everything in it. If they were bored, they'd even leave *before* they got such a reward. If they don't care for it, then great for them, they can wait for other additions to the game and go do something else. But you can't just generalize, because not everyone's the same, and there's those who play zOMG! for FUN and aren't bored of it even after they have everything, that's why we have people with over 60k unused orbs. They, since there's nothing else to spend the orbs on, might actually want these rewards. And I again will hammer the fact that you should NEVER alienate any group of players in a game, specially those more prone to sticking around and complaining your a** off for months.

I think it's obvious that the last auras are meant as *extras* to what you can do. Not something you require for the game to be completed. And believe me, there's precedents I can base myself on. Loads of them, even on MMO's.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ungoliath
DeathWyrmNexus
Ungoliath

My English sucks hard, but I mean in past sense "got bored", correct me how the expression should be.
DeathWyrmNexus

Situation doesn't refers only to the game, but in the general mood. As was stated by Aseres, we have more people going into Rally than zOMG!
That tells you something.

General mood of a game you hardly play. Starting to see a pattern here, Ung...

Considering that a number of people actually want a reason to keep playing, I am considering what comes next. What comes next is something bigger than what we've been doing.

Distinct Warlord

Nexus, you're attacking me instead of my arguments. I see a pattern there. Wont make any difference and wont help you neither if you try to convince me. I know you aren't trying that, but still.

And alright, I'll stop posting. If you don't want me here saying that 30K is too much, then fine.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Aseres
Well, the dealbreaker for a lot of Gaians is the fact that the game isn't casual. The fact that it uses CLs instead of "levels", the fact that you can costumize your own ring-set, the fact that you level with random orb-drops and without xp bar is just not casual no matter how 1-shot-able you make mobs. I don't like how easy village greens is now. It's fine that the mobs in the upper section aren't aggro, but the fact that you one-shot them isn't very satisfying. If they wanted to go for 1-hitter-quitters and make that work it would have to be more like the waves of mobs in tourchlight. Doing all this fancy pants orb-CL stuff isn't casual either. It's not casual if you have to explain the very basics of a game to people.
So the staff should work with what they have. A very unique and refreshingly quirky, not entirely user-friendly, certainly not casual game with a desperate lack of content.
Personally, I find the game desperately needs more self-carrying content like Hive (and hopefully the upcoming colliseum). A random dungeon generator, maybe even with mod-possibilities would be amazing. And on top of that it just needs the classical appeal of being able to make your character stronger/better/more customized.

It stopped being casual a while back when they first made the game. The entire game has a different leveling system than pretty much any game I can think of. At that very level, it is no longer casual because it is completely different from the normal MMO experience. To be honest, being made to think is what kept me going. That and the fact that I waited for literally since there was first a rumor, made a clan, etc.

Personally, I think they were onto something with the vampire and werewolf event. Dear god did I love killing vampires...

For the rest and totality of your post, I agree. They need to drop pretension and just make the game as awesome as it can be.

Ung: You're attacking my idea without any actual proof of your issue. You try to talk from authority and then complain when that authority is questioned. You're being dishonest in your argument which is why I am done taking you seriously. We have proof that bigger things are ahead but you keep telling us that we don't. Go check out Airshark, go check out the Golden Egg. They are level 20 and the stamina curve only gets steeper as we go along. I've done the homework, IE playing the game.

No, I want you to make an argument based on fact, which you are lacking. We get it, you're bored and don't want to have to earn too many orbs. You've made your point.

Distinct Warlord

You want crazy hard. I want hard. 5k to 25K. For each damn aura.

Doesn't seem to me that I wont play or I'm bored of the game currently. But happens. Everyone has a cycle to like something. True facts I don't have it, I think about them. We need a developer to give us actual numbers, as well.
Like, in the total population of players in zOMG! how many of them surpass the amount that you have?

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ungoliath
You want crazy hard. I want hard. 5k to 25K. For each damn aura.

Doesn't seem to me that I wont play or I'm bored of the game currently. But happens. Everyone has a cycle to like something. True facts I don't have it, I think about them. We need a developer to give us actual numbers, as well.
Like, in the total population of players in zOMG! how many of them surpass the amount that you have?

And yet, you can even be bothered to read what has been added to the OP. Now I am just disgusted with you... Lemme repost for you.

"Well, for price... why not make them upgradable?
Just to buy the "Aura", something low, like 1k orbs. Less even.
That would just give you a basic, weak, leadership bonus.
Upgrade it for 3k orbs, you get a stronger leadership bonus, plus, say, the Crit bonus.
Upgrade it again for 6k orbs, you get a slightly stronger leadership bonus, plus a non-crown bonus.
And just keep going."

Syko said that and I agreed already. Stop complaining Ung, you aren't even paying attention anymore. I simply stated that I believe that some auras need to be in the 30k range because you can't buy everything for cheap.

So no, I don't want crazy hard. I want something actually hard, 5k isn't hard. Deal with it or at least bother to read before posting. It is just insulting otherwise. stare

Distinct Warlord

If you look, I said I completely agree with Syko. It's true I did not read again the OP. I tend not to unless there is an indication it has been updated. My bad then.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ungoliath
If you look, I said I completely agree with Syko. It's true I did not read again the OP. I tend not to unless there is an indication it has been updated. My bad then.

The indication was when I responded to Syko and told him I was adding to OP... stare

Distinct Warlord

DeathWyrmNexus
Ungoliath

The indication was when I responded to Syko and told him I was adding to OP... stare

I don't need to tell you why that doesn't work all the time xd

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Fine, so we got that s**t out of the way. Care to discuss actual powers now? I might be delayed in responding I need to hit the shower.

*high fives* Good internet fight though. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces