Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the idea of Free ranging bosses?

Yes, please more of them! 0.65178571428571 65.2% [ 219 ]
No! No! put them all in instances! 0.074404761904762 7.4% [ 25 ]
Don't care either way. 0.1547619047619 15.5% [ 52 ]
More goldz! 0.11904761904762 11.9% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 336 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
N30N BRIGHT L0V3
Sensual Soul
N30N BRIGHT L0V3
Sensual Soul
N30N BRIGHT L0V3
hehe i love this idea.

i do think zOMG! does need more free range bosses so... free range kraken would be awesome!

Yeah I thought so too when [ JK ] suggested this. It's his idea you know. wink

hehe yeah :] he should go through with it too biggrin i hope the team agrees and does go through with it

I hope so too, it would be really different and oh so interesting! [ JK ] has a great imagination!

sweet! i cant wait until BB opens! i'm sooo excited for it mrgreen
its also been really nice seeing him and the others around in the zOMG! forums :3

Yeah I can't wait either! And I agree, I've always told them they need to interact more. I'm really glad they decided to do it. smile Best way to gauge peoples reaction to game is to play with them!

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Leah Solati
Not just Kraken, since it is a coastal area, I would like to see Siren as well. Or a male sea spot or even Poseidon

Those would be really kewl too! ^^ A male Siren would rock, don't you think?

Original Survivor

J u i c y x B o t t o m s
AHH! Squigy!

mrgreen

lol i'm in your sig. razz

Mega Borg

13,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
Red Kutai
Aseres
it'd be kinda neat if it were big enough to cover the entire area and you'd have to have several groups fighting individual tentacles to take it down... kinda like an oldschool RPG-boss.. just with a multiplayer-epic-raidboss-twist. I'm not sure if that fits into the whole happy care-bear-y casual zOMG-universe though :<

Personally, I think it fits perfectly; when they made zOMG!, one of their main goals (most obvious in the G'hi system) was to maintain Gaia's community feeling. Having a single boss that requires numerous crews to defeat (or, I suppose, one crew taking forever) would be an ideal extension of that concept. Not to mention, it would make great endgame material.

Having (presumably) 8 separate tentacles that have to be defeated, then having the last one summon release the Kraken's head/body would be amazing...
This. ^

High-functioning Ladykiller

21,150 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Sensual Soul
Yeah I can't wait either! And I agree, I've always told them they need to interact more. I'm really glad they decided to do it. smile Best way to gauge peoples reaction to game is to play with them!

completely agreed 3nodding

6,050 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sensual Soul
Leah Solati
Not just Kraken, since it is a coastal area, I would like to see Siren as well. Or a male sea spot or even Poseidon

Those would be really kewl too! ^^ A male Siren would rock, don't you think?

Merman too rofl

I'm not sure if this is the right thread. Has anyone mentioned NPCs? I wonder if there's gonna be a Pirate of the Caribbean theme since the sequel of that movie is coming out next year. Sinbad would be okay too. But if the developers want to put Popeye the Sailor man instead, well, I can't do anything about it whee

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Any suggestions and ideas are always welcomed in any of my threads. smile

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Voter 100
Sensual Soul
Kalai3
Quote:
free range kraken would be awesome!

Every time I hear someone refer to the kraken as "free range", I can't help but relate it to free range chicken in my brain. It makes for some weird mental images, I can tell you.

Well really it just means it's not caged and roams free, feeding where it wants.

Oh, I realize that, but that's just the first thing that pops into my head whenever I read it.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Kalai3
Sensual Soul
Kalai3
Quote:
free range kraken would be awesome!

Every time I hear someone refer to the kraken as "free range", I can't help but relate it to free range chicken in my brain. It makes for some weird mental images, I can tell you.

Well really it just means it's not caged and roams free, feeding where it wants.

Oh, I realize that, but that's just the first thing that pops into my head whenever I read it.

Well I had an image of an octopus running about bobbing it's "head" like a chicken when you post that. Made me giggle. xd

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Okay I know it's been a while but I had an idea/daydream....
[ JK ] said that the Kracken could be made out of oil (in a chat on GB a while back) so I was wondering....did it have to be oil? It could be any chemical really right? Why not some odd glowing chemical with un-know effects...then you could have some really kewl new debuffs and attack from it. << Maybe some odd weirdly awesome items too.

6,050 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Maybe he's planning to set the whole broadwalk on fire. Kracken spills oil, sets flame, hides in the water. Players standing on land while fighting it get instant daze? (I really love pirate movies where the sailors set the ocean surface with flame)
Don't know if this have been mentionated before (I just quick-read the posts) but the Kracken could be a Giant Animated made of sunken ships? To picture the idea better, just imagine some ships, sticked one with another in a row, that would be a tentacle. The cannons would be the suckers, and the head... I haven't thought of what would be made the head, but you got an idea.

Edit: To picture the idea better, here is a quick draw I just made (Sorry for crappy drawing)

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Demo Mime
Don't know if this have been mentioned before (I just quick-read the posts) but the Kracken could be a Giant Animated made of sunken ships? To picture the idea better, just imagine some ships, sticked one with another in a row, that would be a tentacle. The cannons would be the suckers, and the head... I haven't thought of what would be made the head, but you got an idea.

Edit: To picture the idea better, here is a quick draw I just made (Sorry for crappy drawing)

Nice idea! And I love the drawing too. I think it would be interesting to have to fight that. Made me thing, "Oh shoot, no way can you fight that alone!" biggrin So major boss idea! Really nice! And it keep with the animated theme. wink

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Leah Solati
Maybe he's planning to set the whole broadwalk on fire. Kracken spills oil, sets flame, hides in the water. Players standing on land while fighting it get instant daze? (I really love pirate movies where the sailors set the ocean surface with flame)

O.O Well that would really suck for us, no way to fight fire....unless they make a new ring too. ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff