Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the idea of Free ranging bosses?

Yes, please more of them! 0.65178571428571 65.2% [ 219 ]
No! No! put them all in instances! 0.074404761904762 7.4% [ 25 ]
Don't care either way. 0.1547619047619 15.5% [ 52 ]
More goldz! 0.11904761904762 11.9% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 336 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Aseres
it'd be kinda neat if it were big enough to cover the entire area and you'd have to have several groups fighting individual tentacles to take it down... kinda like an oldschool RPG-boss.. just with a multiplayer-epic-raidboss-twist.

I LOVE YOU.

Bucktoothed Sex Symbol

I have always been of the opinion that quest bosses should be guaranteed spawns, so instances are the easiest way to do that. Roaming ones just to keep you on your toes are an awesome thing though.
hiiiiiiiiiii

Newbie Newb

sounds cool

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
@ Demo Mime
Mhm, it's could be that...or

There is a storm and a oil tanker hits a reef and spills all it's oil over or near a large collection of Null crystals. As it sinks the crystals animate the oil and the other sunken ships around that reef. The Oil mixes with the other sunken ships and becomes the "life blood" , forming the Kracken while the ships are it's exoskeleton.

Lol Well that way everyone get what they want, right?

I can imagine the oil pulsing though the exoskeleton body, all black and oily but with a purplish glow... It's eyes would be dark with purple null crystals as pupils, the teeth could be bits of the reef and the arms could be ships, the canons the suckers (like in that one picture someone posted), shooting out ....not cannonballs that would be to common....no it could shoot out oil or something like that?
I've always thought of the Sirens as the thing for Buccaneer Boardwalk. They remind me of the giftboxes.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Benjy and Charmcaster
I've always thought of the Sirens as the thing for Buccaneer Boardwalk. They remind me of the giftboxes.

I think Gambino Island would be the perfect spot for them. wink
i like it
Sensual Soul
@ Demo Mime

There is a storm and a oil tanker hits a reef and spills all it's oil over or near a large collection of Null crystals, as it sinks the crystals animate the oil and the other sunken ships around that reef. The Oil mixes with the other sunken ships and becomes the "life blood" , forming the Kracken while the ships are it's exoskeleton.

I can imagine the oil pulsing though the exoskeleton body, all black and oil but with a purplish glow... It's eyes would be dark with purple null crystals at pupils, the teeth could be bits of the reef and the arms could be ships, the canons the suckers (like in that one picture someone posted), shooting out ....not cannonballs that would be to common....not it could shoot out oil or something like that?

and you, you are a genius!!!
Sensual Soul
@ Demo Mime

There is a storm and a oil tanker hits a reef and spills all it's oil over or near a large collection of Null crystals, as it sinks the crystals animate the oil and the other sunken ships around that reef. The Oil mixes with the other sunken ships and becomes the "life blood" , forming the Kracken while the ships are it's exoskeleton.

I can imagine the oil pulsing though the exoskeleton body, all black and oil but with a purplish glow... It's eyes would be dark with purple null crystals at pupils, the teeth could be bits of the reef and the arms could be ships, the canons the suckers (like in that one picture someone posted), shooting out ....not cannonballs that would be to common....not it could shoot out oil or something like that?

Marvelous. Yes, maybe some kind of 'Gh'i focused oil' ? And when it hits someone, they become slower or they just get traped, and if they use Fire Rain/Hot Foot they set on fire! twisted . And your description of the Kracken pictured an epic image in my mind.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Thank you both. *blush* I'm glad you like it. smile
I drew it up actually and if I didn't suck so much at 2-D art I might take it to work and scan it. But it really looks like something a grade-school kind drew with crayons. sweatdrop Maybe someone with more skills then I will draw it. biggrin

But can't you just see it wrapping itself around the pier and shaking the boardwalk, waves after wave crashing around it as it lashes out at those foolish enough to come to close... The glow would reflect off the water, bright and oily in the night....It's eerie eyes following the movement, its maw open as it roars in frustration and anger.... Shooting oily globs of muck at us....

Okay so I think about it a bit. xp

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
The cannons should shoot fish bones at us and those should become animated. O= Would that not be odd. OR maybe a new kind of fluff?

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
What do you think about having a clan "bounty" on Kacken as the first clan quest?

Benevolent Codger

Hmm. I'm actually really keen on this whole oil spill idea. It's like a boss and a political statement all in one! sweatdrop

But, yes; using an animated oil spill suits the Kraken (as I imagine him) very well: the oil is fluid, so the tentacles would look pretty neat; assuming he's based on an octopus, oil could serve as the classic ink accuracy debuff; not to mention the fun little irony in that our "monster from the deep" is actually floating atop the water. whee

I'm not sure why you're so persistent on the inclusion of Null Crystals, though, Sen; care to explain? sweatdrop

EDIT: I should elaborate: it's just, no other animated has the same direct affiliation with crystalised G'hi. I realise the Kraken is no ordinary animated, I'm just wondering why you think it's necessary?

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Red Kutai

Hmm. I'm actually really keen on this whole oil spill idea. It's like a boss and a political statement all in one! sweatdrop

But, yes; using an animated oil spill suits the Kraken (as I imagine him) very well: the oil is fluid, so the tentacles would look pretty neat; assuming he's based on an octopus, oil could serve as the classic ink accuracy debuff; not to mention the fun little irony in that our "monster from the deep" is actually floating atop the water. whee

I'm not sure why you're so persistent on the inclusion of Null Crystals, though, Sen; care to explain? sweatdrop

EDIT: I should elaborate: it's just, no other animated has the same direct affiliation with crystallized G'hi. I realise the Kraken is no ordinary animated, I'm just wondering why you think it's necessary?

Have you never seen how churned up the ocean gets during a storm? Things from the shallows are brought to surface, so why not the null crystals and the ships laying on the shoals? During a hurricane there is so much stuff on the beach from the shoals and reefs it's really amazing. And the ocean, the waves are like a giant mixing bowl.

Benevolent Codger

Sensual Soul
Red Kutai

EDIT: I should elaborate: it's just, no other animated has the same direct affiliation with crystallized G'hi. I realise the Kraken is no ordinary animated, I'm just wondering why you think it's necessary?

Have you never seen how churned up the ocean gets during a storm? Things from the shallows are brought to surface, so why not the null crystals and the ships laying on the shoals? During a hurricane there is so much stuff on the beach from the shoals and reefs it's really amazing. And the ocean, the waves are like a giant mixing bowl.

Er... Actually, no. Not too many oceans around here, unfortunately. sweatdrop

I don't doubt that it would make sense for Null Crystals to be included; but you seem particularly adamant about it, and I was just curious why...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff