Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the idea of Free ranging bosses?

Yes, please more of them! 0.65178571428571 65.2% [ 219 ]
No! No! put them all in instances! 0.074404761904762 7.4% [ 25 ]
Don't care either way. 0.1547619047619 15.5% [ 52 ]
More goldz! 0.11904761904762 11.9% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 336 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Distinct Warlord

Quintafeira12
Oh I remember this suggestion! You linked to tv tropes, that page on Loci something. Or was it someone else? (Ung, maybe?)

I rarely use Tv Tropes.
But Kraken itself was suggested MANY times in this forum with different versions.

The good thing is that now we have a real chance to see it if we push hard.

Vicious Elder

Sensual Soul
Master Drakontis
Coupler
Aseres
it'd be kinda neat if it were big enough to cover the entire area and you'd have to have several groups fighting individual tentacles to take it down... kinda like an oldschool RPG-boss.. just with a multiplayer-epic-raidboss-twist. I'm not sure if that fits into the whole happy care-bear-y casual zOMG-universe though :<
I hope so. That would make it the best by far in zOMG.

But can you say TONS OF CODING?

But it would be worth it and it would draw people back to the game to play.

True. And I would hope it would bring people in. If it were strictly crew based though, with having to have multiple crews working together, I can easily see it going broke x,,o

Firebreathing Wyvern

I like idea of free-range baddies. Keeps you on your toes. I'm all over anything related to H2O, above or below the surface.

There be monsters here.

IRL Vampire

Master Drakontis
Sensual Soul
Master Drakontis
Coupler
Aseres
it'd be kinda neat if it were big enough to cover the entire area and you'd have to have several groups fighting individual tentacles to take it down... kinda like an oldschool RPG-boss.. just with a multiplayer-epic-raidboss-twist. I'm not sure if that fits into the whole happy care-bear-y casual zOMG-universe though :<

True. And I would hope it would bring people in. If it were strictly crew based though, with having to have multiple crews working together, I can easily see it going broke x,,o

how would that be tons of coding? oO the tentacles could be considered "minions" that you have to kill in order to hurt the "boss" (body) similarly to the Gnome General. The fact that it's actually ONE mob would be purely visual. And there's already something similar going on with the EB

If you want to talk about a lot of coding talk about dunk-a-dev or boat-racing dramallama

Gracious Hunter

7,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Master Drakontis
Sensual Soul
Master Drakontis
Coupler
Aseres

I must admit, I haven't been on zOMG in a while, simply cos I've run out of things to do. If they opened up the BB though, with lots of new monsters and/or bosses, it would be something new and more people would come back to it, including me.
Maybe the whole area could be like the boss lairs, with the option for easy, medium, or hard when you go in. In case you don't want to crew. Or not. Just a thought smile

Vicious Elder

Aseres
Master Drakontis
Sensual Soul
Master Drakontis
Coupler
Aseres

how would that be tons of coding? oO the tentacles could be considered "minions" that you have to kill in order to hurt the "boss" (body) similarly to the Gnome General. The fact that it's actually ONE mob would be purely visual. And there's already something similar going on with the EB

If you want to talk about a lot of coding talk about dunk-a-dev or boat-racing dramallama

I was meaning the whole multi crew combat thing.

IRL Vampire

Master Drakontis
Aseres
Master Drakontis
Sensual Soul
Master Drakontis

I was meaning the whole multi crew combat thing.

every crew's killing one arm - it's like each crew's killing different mobs~ they could add a mechanic that makes an arm "respawn" if the other arms aren't killed soon after but that's not really programming as much as it's scribting.

I agree that there's no point in falling in love with ideas that require programming (as it's been made clear that there are no programmers developing stuff for zOMG at the moment) but I don't think this would require any if pulled off right smile

Lonely Dragon

I love the idea of a Kraken!

The Predator Commander is a nice idea, and 'free range bosses' do sound awesome, but the P3 Commander can be a pain due to spawns of other enemies.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Aseres
Master Drakontis
Sensual Soul
Master Drakontis
Coupler
Aseres

Don't be hatin' on Dunk-a-Dev. stare Even the dev like the idea! But yeah it is new coding I'm sure, but you got to remember I was trying to help them come up with something different to pull in new and old players. The Dunk-a-dev idea must be doable since [ JK ] had been joke around about the idea and said we might get it. It seems popular and it's way different then the normal, point click kill that we have now. Both of these ideas would peak new interest in zOMG! and well there is no rush getting them out. I can wait. wink

Feline Exhibitionist

7,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Sensual Soul
LuvTyler13

*sighs contentedly* I love your threads heart

I personally think that would be an epic boss and I would love it!
User Image

EDIT: I missed the poll~ I guess I do not care either way. Instances are totally nice (Points as general gnome fiasco) but then it can also be kinda boring, unless it is a longer boss area (points to Dead Man's Pass).

So, in the end, more boss AREAS.
What do you think?

New areas are always nice. smile But free range bosses like the Giftboxes and LandShark and Mr. Fluff are great for the surprise and to shake things up a bit! And like you said it can be a bit boring if they are in an instance, unless it's a big area. Not sure if they have the time to do that in this case....then again they might have, what do I know! lol

Ohh THOSE types of free ranged bosses. Then yes! I would definitely vote for the Kraken to be the free range boss for BB.
That sounds soo awesome.
Makes me want to see Landy.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
LuvTyler13
Sensual Soul
LuvTyler13

User Image

EDIT: I missed the poll~ I guess I do not care either way. Instances are totally nice (Points as general gnome fiasco) but then it can also be kinda boring, unless it is a longer boss area (points to Dead Man's Pass).

What do you think?

New areas are always nice. smile But free range bosses like the Giftboxes and LandShark and Mr. Fluff are great for the surprise and to shake things up a bit! And like you said it can be a bit boring if they are in an instance, unless it's a big area. Not sure if they have the time to do that in this case....then again they might have, what do I know! lol

Ohh THOSE types of free ranged bosses. Then yes! I would definitely vote for the Kraken to be the free range boss for BB.
That sounds soo awesome.

I want to see him too but I have the worlds worst luck with that. sad I'm going to try to catch him again. I guess I need to hang out on the beach more but I so love Otami that I always end up there. sweatdrop

Feline Exhibitionist

7,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Sensual Soul
LuvTyler13
Sensual Soul
LuvTyler13

User Image

What do you think?

That sounds soo awesome.

I want to see him too but I have the worlds worst luck with that. sad I'm going to try to catch him again. I guess I need to hang out on the beach more but I so love Otami that I always end up there. sweatdrop

I know how you feel! Usually whenever I go to hang out in Gold Beach, I always end up getting roped into SSing or helping someone with EB xd

IRL Vampire

Sensual Soul

Don't be hatin' on Dunk-a-Dev. stare Even the dev like the idea! But yeah it is new coding I'm sure, but you got to remember I was trying to help them come up with something different to pull in new and old players. The Dunk-a-dev idea must be doable since [ JK ] had been joke around about the idea and said we might get it. It seems popular and it's way different then the normal, point click kill that we have now. Both of these ideas would peak new interest in zOMG! and well there is no rush getting them out. I can wait. wink

Eh, I haven't seen overwhelming enthusiasm on the staff's part on it sweatdrop Personally, I have mixed feelings about it -extremely mixed feelings. I think the population of the zOMG forum and zOMG in general would handle it well but I'm not so sure about a few mainsite people. There's a lot of unreasonable and childish hate going around - hitting devs that don't deserve it riiight into the face (just look at Pete Loam's profile and how nasty-happy people were about all the stuff he wrote - turned out to be an april's fool's joke, but still... there are a lot of nasty people on Gaia). As I said, I think zOMGaians would be able to handle the sporty-fun-silly aspect of it but I think some mainsite creeps would use it for hate fests.
Secondly I'd really rather have them spend their programming-resources (if/when they regain them) on something that'll make the game overall more playable and fun - maybe a new game mechanic or a fix of old mechanics.

To me, Dunk-a-dev is a cute idea but if you consider the altiernatives (aka, other things they could be doing with their time: pet system, pvp, dungeon-randomizer, pet-system, tame-system, new rings, new bosses, new levels, new mini-games ect ect ect) it seems rather low priority.

So my like/dislike really depends on how much programming effort it'd take and if it'd be "worth" it. Secondly I wouldn't include the mainsite devs. I don't want to see people like Lanzer (who is from what my friends who work at Gaia tell me a really REALLY nice guy) get hate-dunked by stupid unreasonable kids who blame stupid things on him.

9,000 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
But our rings can only attack animated! So...it should be a Kraken made out of...dead fish flesh? Trash? Water? Sand? Rocks? All of the above? An yes! I'd love for it to be roaming and love the idea of separate tentacles. User Image

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Aseres
Sensual Soul

Eh, I haven't seen overwhelming enthusiasm on the staff's part on it sweatdrop Personally, I have mixed feelings about it -extremely mixed feelings. I think the population of the zOMG forum and zOMG in general would handle it well but I'm not so sure about a few mainsite people. There's a lot of unreasonable and childish hate going around - hitting devs that don't deserve it riiight into the face (just look at Pete Loam's profile and how nasty-happy people were about all the stuff he wrote - turned out to be an april's fool's joke, but still... there are a lot of nasty people on Gaia). As I said, I think zOMGaians would be able to handle the sporty-fun-silly aspect of it but I think some mainsite creeps would use it for hate fests.
Secondly I'd really rather have them spend their programming-resources (if/when they regain them) on something that'll make the game overall more playable and fun - maybe a new game mechanic or a fix of old mechanics.

To me, Dunk-a-dev is a cute idea but if you consider the altiernatives (aka, other things they could be doing with their time: pet system, pvp, dungeon-randomizer, pet-system, tame-system, new rings, new bosses, new levels, new mini-games ect ect ect) it seems rather low priority.

So my like/dislike really depends on how much programming effort it'd take and if it'd be "worth" it. Secondly I wouldn't include the mainsite devs. I don't want to see people like Lanzer (who is from what my friends who work at Gaia tell me a really REALLY nice guy) get hate-dunked by stupid unreasonable kids who blame stupid things on him.

Guess you never had a fundraiser fair huh? I did the Dunking booth. It was all in good fun and yeah I got wet and felt silly but it didn't do anyone any harm. I'm sure some of the people doing the dunking didn't think to fondly of me, did it matter in the end? Not a darn bit. Raised money for Hatti and that's all that mattered. As for my thread. you did read all of the opening post? It was for fun, I very much doubt that the site devs and staff would be included if they were against it. And Yeah Lanzer is a really nice fun loving guy, but he'd do a Dunking booth for a good cause in real life, so why not in a game? People will hate not matter what, really in the end Dunk-a-dev is part of a GAME and as such no REAL people will be hurt. biggrin

Then your concerns for the amount of time they would spend on it. That's really their call. Yes? But seeing as they are working on pets and any number of aspects of the game do you think they would push aside something important ? Not likely Yeah, the might make Dunk-a-Dev. Might, notice how it is not will or are going to make this but might? Until they announce they are making for 100% sure it's just a maybe. So maybe if they though it was good for the game they might make it, but only then! They do know what they are about. I trust them to decide. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff