Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the idea of Free ranging bosses?

Yes, please more of them! 0.65178571428571 65.2% [ 219 ]
No! No! put them all in instances! 0.074404761904762 7.4% [ 25 ]
Don't care either way. 0.1547619047619 15.5% [ 52 ]
More goldz! 0.11904761904762 11.9% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 336 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Djlanfull
But our rings can only attack animated! So...it should be a Kraken made out of...dead fish flesh? Trash? Water? Sand? Rocks? All of the above? An yes! I'd love for it to be roaming and love the idea of separate tentacles. User Image

We can kill Landshark and Tiny Terrors....

9,000 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
Sensual Soul
Djlanfull
But our rings can only attack animated! So...it should be a Kraken made out of...dead fish flesh? Trash? Water? Sand? Rocks? All of the above? An yes! I'd love for it to be roaming and love the idea of separate tentacles. User Image

Landshark= It's just a bunch of ******** sand.
Tiny Terrors= Dead people=inanimate. But with ghi (life force) they come back to life as objects. A corpse, is no person anymore.

Wheezing Warlord

Djlanfull
Sensual Soul
Djlanfull

Tiny Terrors= Dead people=inanimate. But with ghi (life force) they come back to life as objects. A corpse, is no person anymore.

Landshark isn't sand.
              It was a shark that ate a large number of Animated, and mutated into Landshark.

Tiny Terrors are actually animated Dolls, toy souvenirs sold to tourists that used to go to Otami.

And there's still the P3s, Gramsters, etc.
              But I have a thread about attacking non-animated.
              3nodding

IRL Vampire

SykoCaster
Djlanfull
Sensual Soul
Djlanfull

Landshark isn't sand.

Tiny Terrors are actually animated Dolls, toy souvenirs sold to tourists that used to go to Otami.

3nodding

predi pups, the hive aliens and the labetchs in the EB compound aren't animated as well - it's a plothole really sweatdrop

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Aseres
SykoCaster
Djlanfull
Sensual Soul
Djlanfull

Landshark isn't sand.

3nodding

predi pups, the hive aliens and the labetchs in the EB compound aren't animated as well - it's a plothole really sweatdrop

I'm sure the devs will working all that out. xd

IRL Vampire

Sensual Soul
Aseres
Sensual Soul

Don't be hatin' on Dunk-a-Dev. stare Even the dev like the idea! But yeah it is new coding I'm sure, but you got to remember I was trying to help them come up with something different to pull in new and old players. The Dunk-a-dev idea must be doable since [ JK ] had been joke around about the idea and said we might get it. It seems popular and it's way different then the normal, point click kill that we have now. Both of these ideas would peak new interest in zOMG! and well there is no rush getting them out. I can wait. wink

Eh, I haven't seen overwhelming enthusiasm on the staff's part on it sweatdrop Personally, I have mixed feelings about it -extremely mixed feelings. I think the population of the zOMG forum and zOMG in general would handle it well but I'm not so sure about a few mainsite people. There's a lot of unreasonable and childish hate going around - hitting devs that don't deserve it riiight into the face (just look at Pete Loam's profile and how nasty-happy people were about all the stuff he wrote - turned out to be an april's fool's joke, but still... there are a lot of nasty people on Gaia). As I said, I think zOMGaians would be able to handle the sporty-fun-silly aspect of it but I think some mainsite creeps would use it for hate fests.
Secondly I'd really rather have them spend their programming-resources (if/when they regain them) on something that'll make the game overall more playable and fun - maybe a new game mechanic or a fix of old mechanics.

To me, Dunk-a-dev is a cute idea but if you consider the altiernatives (aka, other things they could be doing with their time: pet system, pvp, dungeon-randomizer, pet-system, tame-system, new rings, new bosses, new levels, new mini-games ect ect ect) it seems rather low priority.

So my like/dislike really depends on how much programming effort it'd take and if it'd be "worth" it. Secondly I wouldn't include the mainsite devs. I don't want to see people like Lanzer (who is from what my friends who work at Gaia tell me a really REALLY nice guy) get hate-dunked by stupid unreasonable kids who blame stupid things on him.

Guess you never had a fundraiser fair huh? I did the Dunking booth. It was all in good fun and yeah I got wet and felt silly but it didn't do anyone any harm. I'm sure some of the people doing the dunking didn't think to fondly of me, did it matter in the end? Not a darn bit. Raised money for Hatti and that's all that mattered. As for my thread. you did read all of the opening post? It was for fun, I very much doubt that the site devs and staff would be included if they were against it. And Yeah Lanzer is a really nice fun loving guy, but he'd do a Dunking booth for a good cause in real life, so why not in a game? People will hate not matter what, really in the end Dunk-a-dev is part of a GAME and as such no REAL people will be hurt. biggrin

Then your concerns for the amount of time they would spend on it. That's really their call. Yes? But seeing as they are working on pets and any number of aspects of the game do you think they would push aside something important ? Not likely Yeah, the might make Dunk-a-Dev. Might, notice how it is not will or are going to make this but might? Until they announce they are making for 100% sure it's just a maybe. So maybe if they though it was good for the game they might make it, but only then! They do know what they are about. I trust them to decide. 3nodding

I've organized a few fundraisers actually, so I feel I can gauge the potential of one smile (I actually used to professionally organize events: from anime conventions over charity events to PR events). There's no point in making a fundraised if the intake doesn't even cover the costs - whether it would or not is dependant on how they pull it off: how much resources do they have to invest, how much do they charge, how popular is that feature with users. If it cost 2$ for 5-dunk-tickets: do you think people would go do that or get an MC instead? That's a random price picked for argument's sake, but it's really something neither you nor me (nor them with 100% certainty for that matter) can judge well.
As for comparing rl-dunking with virtual dunking: just look at how nasty people are online and argue with "it's the internet - deal with it". That's an incredibly dumb argument, I'm sure you agree with me there, but a lot of people use it nontheless.
And yes, it obviously is their call as they're the only ones who can gauge how much time and effort it would take and whether it's worth it or not - as I said, I haven't seen overwhelming love for the idea of staff-side - I know a lot of users love the idea, but I think everyone would be more pleased with a new area or a cool game enhancing feature in the long run. Either way, just like you, I'm not telling them how to decide either... doesn't stop you and me from having our own opinions on that matter though, obviously wink

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
LuvTyler13
Sensual Soul
LuvTyler13
Sensual Soul
LuvTyler13

*sighs contentedly* I love your threads heart

I personally think that would be an epic boss and I would love it!
User Image

EDIT: I missed the poll~ I guess I do not care either way. Instances are totally nice (Points as general gnome fiasco) but then it can also be kinda boring, unless it is a longer boss area (points to Dead Man's Pass).

So, in the end, more boss AREAS.
What do you think?

New areas are always nice. smile But free range bosses like the Giftboxes and LandShark and Mr. Fluff are great for the surprise and to shake things up a bit! And like you said it can be a bit boring if they are in an instance, unless it's a big area. Not sure if they have the time to do that in this case....then again they might have, what do I know! lol

Ohh THOSE types of free ranged bosses. Then yes! I would definitely vote for the Kraken to be the free range boss for BB.
That sounds soo awesome.
Makes me want to see Landy.

I want to see him too but I have the worlds worst luck with that. sad I'm going to try to catch him again. I guess I need to hang out on the beach more but I so love Otami that I always end up there. sweatdrop

I know how you feel! Usually whenever I go to hang out in Gold Beach, I always end up getting roped into SSing or helping someone with EB xd

Yush, I know what you mean. Makes it hard to stake out Landy. xp

Wheezing Warlord

Aseres
SykoCaster
Djlanfull
Sensual Soul
Djlanfull

Landshark isn't sand.

3nodding

It's not a plothole.
              emo

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Aseres
Sensual Soul
Aseres
Sensual Soul

Don't be hatin' on Dunk-a-Dev. stare Even the dev like the idea! But yeah it is new coding I'm sure, but you got to remember I was trying to help them come up with something different to pull in new and old players. The Dunk-a-dev idea must be doable since [ JK ] had been joke around about the idea and said we might get it. It seems popular and it's way different then the normal, point click kill that we have now. Both of these ideas would peak new interest in zOMG! and well there is no rush getting them out. I can wait. wink

Eh, I haven't seen overwhelming enthusiasm on the staff's part on it sweatdrop Personally, I have mixed feelings about it -extremely mixed feelings. I think the population of the zOMG forum and zOMG in general would handle it well but I'm not so sure about a few mainsite people. There's a lot of unreasonable and childish hate going around - hitting devs that don't deserve it riiight into the face (just look at Pete Loam's profile and how nasty-happy people were about all the stuff he wrote - turned out to be an april's fool's joke, but still... there are a lot of nasty people on Gaia). As I said, I think zOMGaians would be able to handle the sporty-fun-silly aspect of it but I think some mainsite creeps would use it for hate fests.
Secondly I'd really rather have them spend their programming-resources (if/when they regain them) on something that'll make the game overall more playable and fun - maybe a new game mechanic or a fix of old mechanics.

To me, Dunk-a-dev is a cute idea but if you consider the altiernatives (aka, other things they could be doing with their time: pet system, pvp, dungeon-randomizer, pet-system, tame-system, new rings, new bosses, new levels, new mini-games ect ect ect) it seems rather low priority.

So my like/dislike really depends on how much programming effort it'd take and if it'd be "worth" it. Secondly I wouldn't include the mainsite devs. I don't want to see people like Lanzer (who is from what my friends who work at Gaia tell me a really REALLY nice guy) get hate-dunked by stupid unreasonable kids who blame stupid things on him.

Guess you never had a fundraiser fair huh? I did the Dunking booth. It was all in good fun and yeah I got wet and felt silly but it didn't do anyone any harm. I'm sure some of the people doing the dunking didn't think to fondly of me, did it matter in the end? Not a darn bit. Raised money for Hatti and that's all that mattered. As for my thread. you did read all of the opening post? It was for fun, I very much doubt that the site devs and staff would be included if they were against it. And Yeah Lanzer is a really nice fun loving guy, but he'd do a Dunking booth for a good cause in real life, so why not in a game? People will hate not matter what, really in the end Dunk-a-dev is part of a GAME and as such no REAL people will be hurt. biggrin

Then your concerns for the amount of time they would spend on it. That's really their call. Yes? But seeing as they are working on pets and any number of aspects of the game do you think they would push aside something important ? Not likely Yeah, the might make Dunk-a-Dev. Might, notice how it is not will or are going to make this but might? Until they announce they are making for 100% sure it's just a maybe. So maybe if they though it was good for the game they might make it, but only then! They do know what they are about. I trust them to decide. 3nodding

I've organized a few fundraisers actually, so I feel I can gauge the potential of one smile (I actually used to professionally organize events: from anime conventions over charity events to PR events). There's no point in making a fundraised if the intake doesn't even cover the costs - whether it would or not is dependant on how they pull it off: how much resources do they have to invest, how much do they charge, how popular is that feature with users. If it cost 2$ for 5-dunk-tickets: do you think people would go do that or get an MC instead? That's a random price picked for argument's sake, but it's really something neither you nor me (nor them with 100% certainty for that matter) can judge well.
As for comparing rl-dunking with virtual dunking: just look at how nasty people are online and argue with "it's the internet - deal with it". That's an incredibly dumb argument, I'm sure you agree with me there, but a lot of people use it nontheless.
And yes, it obviously is their call as they're the only ones who can gauge how much time and effort it would take and whether it's worth it or not - as I said, I haven't seen overwhelming love for the idea of staff-side - I know a lot of users love the idea, but I think everyone would be more pleased with a new area or a cool game enhancing feature in the long run. Either way, just like you, I'm not telling them how to decide either... doesn't stop you and me from having our own opinions on that matter though, obviously wink

True, we may have other views. I just present an idea in the best way I can and if they can or want to implement it they will. But regardless if they do use it or not I have fun, kinda what the whole thing is about, right? Having fun? Well for me popping out ideas is fun! I have a very visual mind and can imagine the idea in game. Of course my view of it and the other posters, including you and the devs, may not be the same but it's still enjoyable to talk to other and spin off of their views and ideas and and be creative. Even if none of my ideas were ever used, which is highly likely, it gets people in the forum thinking and posting. Someone might have "THE" next big idea for the game because I got them to dream a little. How kewl is that? xd Besides I love the way people spin off my ideas, it's way kewl!

IRL Vampire

Sensual Soul

True, we may have other views. I just present an idea in the best way I can and if they can or want to implement it they will. But regardless if they do use it or not I have fun, kinda what the whole thing is about, right? Having fun? Well for me popping out ideas is fun! I have a very visual mind and can imagine the idea in game. Of course my view of it and the other posters, including you and the devs, may not be the same but it's still enjoyable to talk to other and spin off of their views and ideas and and be creative. Even if none of my ideas were ever used, which is highly likely, it gets people in the forum thinking and posting. Someone might have "THE" next big idea for the game because I got them to dream a little. How kewl is that? xd Besides I love the way people spin off my ideas, it's way kewl!

I definitely agree that it's about everyone having fun. That's the point of Gaia, zOMG, and that's what the devs want at the end of the day. I'm just the horrible party-pooper-type of person who tends to rain on people's parades - that's why I try really hard to keep my mouth shut when I see people all enthusiastic about an idea that I think will not work out well sweatdrop You can ask my friends there... haha.. (for the record: I'm usually right with my predictions, but that shouldn't stop me from letting people have fun of organizing and learning their own lessons in the first place... sweatdrop )
As I said, I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun, I'm just really more the "do" then the "talk about it" person, so I stay with what's doable, efficient and low cost/high efficiency.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
I think we should venture out to face the Kraken, to make it more of an optional boss thats uber difficult. For a quest plot maybe the Kraken could be reported sinking ships and messing with Gaia Economy or something. Or maybe the Kraken could be a Solidified form of Ghi to make the story more zOMG!-ish.

Benevolent Codger

If you all really need it to be an animated, the Kraken could simply be animated water from the bay itself; explains it's massiveness and its crazy tentacles well enough, though I don't think it was ever said that the rings only hurt the animated; rather only the rings hurt the animated. There is a precedent for it in-game, in the P3s, et al.

Next, I hadn't assumed that each crew would necessarily have to take on tentacle, or that each one would be one at a time. The tentacles are simply the first "wave"; anyone can fight them, they're free-roaming (inasmuch as one can be, as a stationary tentacle), and when they're all defeated, the next "wave" (big-boy Kraken) shows up. So, in theory, one crew could kill the Kraken on their own. You could set up time limits to make it more difficult (either the tentacles respawn after a time, or the whole event only lasts a limited amount of time; the latter would prevent people releasing the Kraken and then just letting it kill everyone all day), but I don't see any reason for requiring that. Not to mention the extra coding problem. I think just having it as an event doesn't have any of the same problems... confused

Unbeatable Genius

I'd say if they made the Krakken, it would probably be submerged, like maybe we only see the tentacles, or we see tentacles, kill them, then body appears, kill it.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Cexil
I think we should venture out to face the Kraken, to make it more of an optional boss thats uber difficult. For a quest plot maybe the Kraken could be reported sinking ships and messing with Gaia Economy or something. Or maybe the Kraken could be a Solidified form of Ghi to make the story more zOMG!-ish.

I was thinking it would be rock or something that the Null crystals brought to life or maybe just a old creature the is somehow embedded with the crystals and influenced somehow.

Red Kutai

If you all really need it to be an animated, the Kraken could simply be animated water from the bay itself; explains it's massiveness and its crazy tentacles well enough, though I don't think it was ever said that the rings only hurt the animated; rather only the rings hurt the animated. There is a precedent for it in-game, in the P3s, et al.

Next, I hadn't assumed that each crew would necessarily have to take on tentacle, or that each one would be one at a time. The tentacles are simply the first "wave"; anyone can fight them, they're free-roaming (inasmuch as one can be, as a stationary tentacle), and when they're all defeated, the next "wave" (big-boy Kraken) shows up. So, in theory, one crew could kill the Kraken on their own. You could set up time limits to make it more difficult (either the tentacles respawn after a time, or the whole event only lasts a limited amount of time; the latter would prevent people releasing the Kraken and then just letting it kill everyone all day), but I don't see any reason for requiring that. Not to mention the extra coding problem. I think just having it as an event doesn't have any of the same problems... confused

Yeah I see what you mean but I do love the free range bosses so much but I can see why it being a mini event would have it's advantages. =/ Hard call and I'm glad I don't have to make it!

Fashionable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Sensual Soul
Cexil

I was thinking it would be rock or something that the Null crystals brought to life or maybe just a old creature the is somehow embedded with the crystals and influenced somehow.

Maybe it doesn't have to be an Octopus/Squid at all, the Kraken is interpreted differently from around the world so maybe it could be a random creation of Gaia's. Or they could host another contest in which we make a boss for them and they use it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff