Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the idea of Free ranging bosses?

Yes, please more of them! 0.65178571428571 65.2% [ 219 ]
No! No! put them all in instances! 0.074404761904762 7.4% [ 25 ]
Don't care either way. 0.1547619047619 15.5% [ 52 ]
More goldz! 0.11904761904762 11.9% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 336 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

IRL Vampire

Red Kutai
Aseres
Red Kutai
Aseres
it'd be kinda neat if it were big enough to cover the entire area and you'd have to have several groups fighting individual tentacles to take it down... kinda like an oldschool RPG-boss.. just with a multiplayer-epic-raidboss-twist. I'm not sure if that fits into the whole happy care-bear-y casual zOMG-universe though :<

Personally, I think it fits perfectly; when they made zOMG!, one of their main goals (most obvious in the G'hi system) was to maintain Gaia's community feeling. Having a single boss that requires numerous crews to defeat (or, I suppose, one crew taking forever) would be an ideal extension of that concept. Not to mention, it would make great endgame material.

Having (presumably) 8 separate tentacles that have to be defeated, then having the last one summon release the Kraken's head/body would be amazing...

rallying together 8 crews with people that work together decently would be the hard part. But zOMG has a pretty strong community so it might just be do-able. Where I come from (game-wise, and yes, I'm talking about L2 here, the game that JK and I keep blabbering about) taking down bosses like this wouldn't be a server-wide thing: individual clans (or allies) would compete for it and even if they managed to beat the others in pvp and go in it'd still take 5 hours + to take it down (IF they could take it down... the difficulty ramps up considerably when the bosses hp goes down to 30%). In my entire time in L2 JK and my clan only got in a handfull of times (and we're in the second strongest clan on the server), I was only there once (poor JK was at work and couldn't make it at all) and we didn't kill it in any of those attempts.

If it was made less hardcore it could actually work for zOMG though :p

EDIT: one thing that's crucial to raids like this is everyone being on vent (like vivox but not built into the game - every clan/ally have their own server). Not sure if it could be organized well enough with text chat... (but again, I'm blabbering - it depends on how hard the boss is and how they'd pull it off)

Yeah, a little less hardcore, definitely. But I'd prefer it to be random, and not efficient enough for farming. Mostly just for bragging rights and getting your 5,000 Krakens badge... xp

with an epic boss like that it might actually be easier to have it spawn at scheduled intervalls: you need to organize a lot of people to take it down and if it spawned at a weird time in the middle of the night that'd be pretty impossible. Having it that way might lead to drama though (different groups organizing it and then drama over who gets to do it ect). The lack of pvp makes it soo hard D:

(<-- has it backwards)

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Or, easier solution: Give it enough time for as few as 3 crews be able to go and kill a bunch of tentacles each. Then everyone gets together for the head.

when the lawn sharks attack, its usually just one group of people that manage to take all 3 of them out of commission, why not here too, but to a different extent?

I doubt there would be those many people to form 8 crews anyways. But I know it'd be truly epic to have all tentacles fall somewhat at the same time or they'd re-spawn, forcing everyone to work together in a large group.
Here's hoping Asere's wish gets granted.

Benevolent Codger

Aseres
Red Kutai
Aseres
Red Kutai
Aseres
it'd be kinda neat if it were big enough to cover the entire area and you'd have to have several groups fighting individual tentacles to take it down... kinda like an oldschool RPG-boss.. just with a multiplayer-epic-raidboss-twist. I'm not sure if that fits into the whole happy care-bear-y casual zOMG-universe though :<

Personally, I think it fits perfectly; when they made zOMG!, one of their main goals (most obvious in the G'hi system) was to maintain Gaia's community feeling. Having a single boss that requires numerous crews to defeat (or, I suppose, one crew taking forever) would be an ideal extension of that concept. Not to mention, it would make great endgame material.

Having (presumably) 8 separate tentacles that have to be defeated, then having the last one summon release the Kraken's head/body would be amazing...

rallying together 8 crews with people that work together decently would be the hard part. But zOMG has a pretty strong community so it might just be do-able. Where I come from (game-wise, and yes, I'm talking about L2 here, the game that JK and I keep blabbering about) taking down bosses like this wouldn't be a server-wide thing: individual clans (or allies) would compete for it and even if they managed to beat the others in pvp and go in it'd still take 5 hours + to take it down (IF they could take it down... the difficulty ramps up considerably when the bosses hp goes down to 30%). In my entire time in L2 JK and my clan only got in a handfull of times (and we're in the second strongest clan on the server), I was only there once (poor JK was at work and couldn't make it at all) and we didn't kill it in any of those attempts.

If it was made less hardcore it could actually work for zOMG though :p

EDIT: one thing that's crucial to raids like this is everyone being on vent (like vivox but not built into the game - every clan/ally have their own server). Not sure if it could be organized well enough with text chat... (but again, I'm blabbering - it depends on how hard the boss is and how they'd pull it off)

Yeah, a little less hardcore, definitely. But I'd prefer it to be random, and not efficient enough for farming. Mostly just for bragging rights and getting your 5,000 Krakens badge... xp

with an epic boss like that it might actually be easier to have it spawn at scheduled intervalls: you need to organize a lot of people to take it down and if it spawned at a weird time in the middle of the night that'd be pretty impossible. Having it that way might lead to drama though (different groups organizing it and then drama over who gets to do it ect). The lack of pvp makes it soo hard D:

(<-- has it backwards)

Well, I was thinking less competing, more everyone working together; it goes back to the whole community thing. As long as they get him to drop loot for everyone involved (I think enough high-powered AOEs will keep Johnny Do-Nothing from throwing Adrenaline at 'im and just waiting; oo, maybe add the ability to knockback offscreen. And, maybe I;m going too far) I don't think competition would be too fierce. Clans that are just going for bragging rights, though, could organise in the middle of the night to try and be there when he shows up. PVP will come someday, but I don't think this is what it's meant for...

Wheezing Warlord

I kinda pictured it covering several screens of the Boardwalk.
              With multiple tentacles to defeat, then a main body that can only be reached by defeating the surrounding tentacles.

The tentacles would have basic hitting attacks, possibly with a root or sleep attack, similar to EB's tail.
              The main body could slam itself against the boardwalk, causing AoE waves that either hit one half of the screen, or the other.
              With occasional tentacle slaps, bites, or, I dunno. Eye lasers.

Distinct Warlord

Quintafeira12
Hoping it'll be a free roaming boss, like the landshark. Or a mini event.
Although, looking here:
User Image
There isn't those many ships that could serve as a battle ground. In fact, the best ship for walking around on top of is Crescento's.
I can picture that idea a bunch of tentacles sprouting out on random places in the water, and when all of them are beaten, the head comes out on that bigger pier in that central lake-like part. Seems reasonable.

I like that idea. And the center seems the perfect place for everyone to gather to kill the Kraken.

So...RELEASE THE KRAKEN.

Benevolent Codger

SykoCaster

With multiple tentacles to defeat, then a main body that can only be reached by defeating the surrounding tentacles.

The tentacles would have basic hitting attacks, possibly with a root or sleep attack, similar to EB's tail.
              The main body could slam itself against the boardwalk, causing AoE waves that either hit one half of the screen, or the other.

Yeah; I was tempted to suggest that the different tentacles have different abilities (like Zakum, for those familiar), but I was trying not to get to excitable. User Image

And I think we mentioned having the tentacles show up first, at random spots all over the Boardwalk; once they're defeated, the main body shows up in the center of the map...

Benevolent Codger

Ungoliath
So...RELEASE THE KRAKEN.

Yeah, I totally said that already... User Image

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

SykoCaster

Wow, all the way to eye lasers.
I actually see as making more sense as the tentacles having a "wrapping" effect. Either sleep or root, as you suggested.
But the head could send in actual waves from the water. I don't know, It's weird to picture the fiend headdesking us to death. And if you want a ranged attack, why not shooting Ink, with accuracy debuff? Makes sense that pirates, with their keen aye's, would know how to counter this creature from the salt water depths with ease.

Wheezing Warlord

Red Kutai
SykoCaster

Yeah; I was tempted to suggest that the different tentacles have different abilities (like Zakum, for those familiar), but I was trying not to get to excitable. User Image

And I think we mentioned having the tentacles show up first, at random spots all over the Boardwalk; once they're defeated, the main body shows up in the center of the map...

Yeah, I like that idea.
              I was merely sharing what I imagined when he said that.

Though, I'm not sure how we'd get to the middle.
              There'd have to be pieces of driftwood or something that show up, letting us get to it.

Also; it'd be kinda cool if parts of the Boardwalk got damaged or altered during the attack.
              Like, one of the "bridges" gets broken apart, and the drift wood forms a new bridge somewhere else.

Distinct Warlord

Red Kutai
Ungoliath
So...RELEASE THE KRAKEN.

Yeah, I totally said that already... User Image

So?
SykoCaster

Yeah, I like that idea.
              There'd have to be pieces of driftwood or something that show up, letting us get to it.
              Also; it'd be kinda cool if parts of the Boardwalk got damaged or altered during the attack.
              Like, one of the "bridges" gets broken apart, and the drift wood forms a new bridge somewhere else.

That water there doesn't seem too deep. So we could just fight in the middle. Or learn to walk over water ninja

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
SykoCaster

Well I was thinking that the tentacles attack in two groups of four or four groups of two at a time and that the head pop up from time to time and hit us with water sprays or something that causes damage. But your way works too.

Wheezing Warlord

Quintafeira12
SykoCaster

Wow, all the way to eye lasers.
I actually see as making more sense as the tentacles having a "wrapping" effect. Either sleep or root, as you suggested.
But the head could send in actual waves from the water. I don't know, It's weird to picture the fiend headdesking us to death. And if you want a ranged attack, why not shooting Ink, with accuracy debuff? Makes sense that pirates, with their keen aye's, would know how to counter this creature from the salt water depths with ease.

I said waves, that's what I meant.
              It would sway it's gigantic body, pushing water onto the land.
              Though, head-desking us to death would be pretty epic.

Ink attack would be cool, though.
              It could even have an accuracy debuff; it'd make sense with Ink.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

And I was picturing the head would attack here, and the crews could separate themselves on each of the piers: http://i49.tinypic.com/e5g11l.png

But to be fair, I would rather like have the head move around a bit, or else people won't kill whatever tentacle spawns too far away from this place.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
SykoCaster
Red Kutai
SykoCaster

Yeah, I like that idea.

Nice idea with the damage. smile

Benevolent Codger

SykoCaster
Red Kutai
SykoCaster

Yeah, I like that idea.

I suggested a bit ago that the Kraken actually be larger than one map; thus, he's in the middle, but his "sprite" carries over onto all of the adjacent maps. Thus, you can fight him from multiple locations (would reduce lag, I think), while giving the impression that he's freaking massive... 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff