Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the idea of Free ranging bosses?

Yes, please more of them! 0.65178571428571 65.2% [ 219 ]
No! No! put them all in instances! 0.074404761904762 7.4% [ 25 ]
Don't care either way. 0.1547619047619 15.5% [ 52 ]
More goldz! 0.11904761904762 11.9% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 336 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Wheezing Warlord

Sensual Soul
SykoCaster

I kinda pictured it covering several screens of the Boardwalk.
              With multiple tentacles to defeat, then a main body that can only be reached by defeating the surrounding tentacles.

The tentacles would have basic hitting attacks, possibly with a root or sleep attack, similar to EB's tail.
              The main body could slam itself against the boardwalk, causing AoE waves that either hit one half of the screen, or the other.
              With occasional tentacle slaps, bites, or, I dunno. Eye lasers.

Well I was thinking that the tentacles attack in two groups of four or four groups of two at a time and that the head pop up from time to time and hit us with water sprays or something that causes damage. But your way works too.

Yeah, I'm just not sure how well that'd work with rooms.
              Off-screen attacks are pretty cheap.

And there'd be no way to know that the head's popped up when you're on a different screen.
              So, really, the head should only pop up once the tentacles are defeated.
              Ofcourse, maybe after so long, the tentacles come back and must be defeated again.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Quintafeira12
And I was picturing the head would attack here, and the crews could separate themselves on each of the piers: http://i49.tinypic.com/e5g11l.png

But to be fair, I would rather like have the head move around a bit, or else people won't kill whatever tentacle spawns too far away from this place.

Notice the boats? I was kind of hoping for a boat race wherein we have to fight the Kracken and make it to the finish line. Maybe throw in a bit of PVP, in so far that we could try to sink the other teams boats with cannons or some such thing.

Distinct Warlord

I pictured it being huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge tentacles all around the BB and the eye or a portion of the head coming out of the middle. The piers sounds a logical place, but I did too imagine it being bigger than just one screen.

Also, I want to see the Coral Fluffs worshipers there. heart

Benevolent Codger

Sensual Soul
Quintafeira12
And I was picturing the head would attack here, and the crews could separate themselves on each of the piers: http://i49.tinypic.com/e5g11l.png

But to be fair, I would rather like have the head move around a bit, or else people won't kill whatever tentacle spawns too far away from this place.

Notice the boats? I was kind of hoping for a boat race wherein we have to fight the Kracken and make it to the finish line. Maybe throw in a bit of PVP, in so far that we could try to sink the other teams boats with cannons or some such thing.

Boat races would be nice; sounds like we want the whole boardwalk to be minigames, though. sweatdrop

Rather than fighting the Kraken, perhaps simply racing past him; he tries to destroy the boats with his tentacles, and you can attack him in order to provoke an attack (which would, hopefully, hit your opponent)...

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Ungoliath
I pictured it being huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge tentacles all around the BB and the eye or a portion of the head coming out of the middle. The piers sounds a logical place, but I did too imagine it being bigger than just one screen.

Also, I want to see the Coral Fluffs worshipers there. heart

The Coral Fluffs? That would be to cute!

Vicious Elder

I would love to kill "The Kraken" *cough* giant squid *cough*

It would be interesting. I wonder if the Kraken would disappear from SS though...

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
The kraken should eat the Jack Sparrow spoof NPC.
=D

(If they do make a spoof NPC.)

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Red Kutai

I suggested a bit ago that the Kraken actually be larger than one map; thus, he's in the middle, but his "sprite" carries over onto all of the adjacent maps. Thus, you can fight him from multiple locations (would reduce lag, I think), while giving the impression that he's freaking massive... 3nodding

Oh I remember this suggestion! You linked to tv tropes, that page on Loci something. Or was it someone else? (Ung, maybe?)

I remember picturing a crew walking on top of the Kraken's "face", and tentacles coming from everywhere trying to daze us, while we tried to kill all the 5 eyes that were there looking at us. When we were done, we'd just move to the next set of eye, until we reached a more difficult area with a eye that shoots back lasers or something.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Red Kutai
Sensual Soul
Quintafeira12

Boat races would be nice; sounds like we want the whole boardwalk to be minigames, though. sweatdrop

Rather than fighting the Kraken, perhaps simply racing past him; he tries to destroy the boats with his tentacles, and you can attack him in order to provoke an attack (which would, hopefully, hit your opponent)...

Why can't we do both? Fight him and have a mini game to race past him?

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
Oooooh, I would effing love it if they did a Charybdis and Scylla thing.
It's from Greek Mythology, if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Sensual Soul

Why can't we do both? Fight him and have a mini game to race past him?

Gaia Rallys, the next generation:

Freaking using weapons to out-run a monster! Destroying the other participants is legal.

FUND IT!!!

Benevolent Codger

Quintafeira12
Red Kutai

I suggested a bit ago that the Kraken actually be larger than one map; thus, he's in the middle, but his "sprite" carries over onto all of the adjacent maps. Thus, you can fight him from multiple locations (would reduce lag, I think), while giving the impression that he's freaking massive... 3nodding

Oh I remember this suggestion! You linked to tv tropes, that page on Loci something. Or was it someone else? (Ung, maybe?)

I remember picturing a crew walking on top of the Kraken's "face", and tentacles coming from everywhere trying to daze us, while we tried to kill all the 5 eyes that were there looking at us. When we were done, we'd just move to the next set of eye, until we reached a more difficult area with a eye that shoots back lasers or something.

Hmm. Sounds like me, but it wasn't; using the Kraken himself as a Genius Loci would be cool. And since he would take up the whole map anyway, it would be almost like his own instance (in that it would be a map that doesn't exist while he doesn't). It would have to boot everyone when he dies, though, as I don't want to drown in the middle of the boardwalk... sweatdrop

Unforgiving Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Aseres
it'd be kinda neat if it were big enough to cover the entire area and you'd have to have several groups fighting individual tentacles to take it down... kinda like an oldschool RPG-boss.. just with a multiplayer-epic-raidboss-twist. I'm not sure if that fits into the whole happy care-bear-y casual zOMG-universe though :<
I hope so. That would make it the best by far in zOMG.

Vicious Elder

Coupler
Aseres
it'd be kinda neat if it were big enough to cover the entire area and you'd have to have several groups fighting individual tentacles to take it down... kinda like an oldschool RPG-boss.. just with a multiplayer-epic-raidboss-twist. I'm not sure if that fits into the whole happy care-bear-y casual zOMG-universe though :<

But can you say TONS OF CODING?

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Master Drakontis
Coupler
Aseres

But can you say TONS OF CODING?

But it would be worth it and it would draw people back to the game to play.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff