Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think a shop to spend our hoards of orbs is needed?

Oooh, YES! 0.8781512605042 87.8% [ 627 ]
Eww, NO! 0.1218487394958 12.2% [ 87 ]
Total Votes:[ 714 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22 > >>

Magnetic Phantom

.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Anjoulie
Not against your idea in any way. 3nodding

Just wanted to point out that there is one thing you can do with orbs:

You can sell them. Not on the MP but back to Gaia (like Pancakes and Polos wink ) for 1g each.

I don't have many yet but those people who have hundreds of thousands might consider it - especially as we can sell things in bulk now, right?
That's cool and all, but anybody could easily make more gold from Booty Grab than what they can sell their orbs for. And since that's the case, why should people be interested in or continue to play zOMG!? This idea would give new and current players a reason to collect orbs.

Oh, I know. I just felt it had to be pointed out because I've met a lot of people who don't know they can sell them. Sure, it's a very low amount but it could be the 1k that you're missing to buy something that was just put on the market after you've wanted it for ages. wink
Also, they're just sitting there anyway, so why not make use of them.

I'm all for reasons for people to play and collect orbs, though. Go ahead! 3nodding

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
SykoCaster

This is pretty much exactly the purpose of Epics.

That being said, I have no issue with your proposal.
              I don't really see Gaia putting artists to work for items for zOMG! at this point, though.
Nothing wrong with more options. Plus, not everybody is into pirate-themed stuff.

Wheezing Warlord

Also, you might want to change the name of your thread.
              It's a sound idea, but the use of caps lock, multiple exclamation marks, and just poor wording choice, makes it seem like you're just a noob wanting to buy their orbs because they're too lazy to play.

Wheezing Warlord

.~.Lady_Aji.~.
SykoCaster

This is pretty much exactly the purpose of Epics.

That being said, I have no issue with your proposal.
              I don't really see Gaia putting artists to work for items for zOMG! at this point, though.
Nothing wrong with more options. Plus, not everybody is into pirate-themed stuff.

The Coliseum and Under the Mountain epics certainly won't be Pirate-themed.
              Heck, we don't even know that Buccaneer Boardwalk will be the only place getting Epics when they come out.
              Every area could get new Epics. Pirate just happened to be the ones we were previewed.

Infact, I'd imagine that each area will be getting epics, as one of the purposes was to re-value loot.
              And I can't imagine pirate items using Pinwheels or Foam Sponges.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
SykoCaster

It's a sound idea, but the use of caps lock, multiple exclamation marks, and just poor wording choice, makes it seem like you're just a noob wanting to buy their orbs because they're too lazy to play.
*sighs* The OP isn't talking about a way to buy orbs. She's talking about opening a shop where you can use the orbs as currency to purchase zOMG!-themed items. Like how you use the wing stickers as currency at The Treehouse.

Wheezing Warlord

.~.Lady_Aji.~.
SykoCaster

*sighs* The OP isn't talking about a way to buy orbs. She's talking about opening a shop where you can use the orbs as currency to purchase zOMG!-themed items. Like how you use the wing stickers as currency at The Treehouse.

Read, please?
              I know what it's about.
              I said it's a sound idea. But the title makes it appear like a noob.
              I'm sure there are people who're ignoring this idea because of that.
              Hence suggesting a name change, not an idea change.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
SykoCaster
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
SykoCaster

Read, please?
              I know what it's about.
Whoops. My bad. *shakes fist at small font*

Wheezing Warlord

.~.Lady_Aji.~.
SykoCaster
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
SykoCaster

Read, please?
              I know what it's about.
Whoops. My bad. *shakes fist at small font*

gonk
              Never insult a man's font size.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
*chokes your font size*
Y'know, if they ever implemented this idea, they could always use Nicolea's shop which.. was for zOMG merchandise anyway. That way he's not a wasted space selling nothing but real money items.

Have it set up like the Prize and Joy sort of, with a special tab just for the GC items.
JUST for zOMG players. Like teh Prize and Joy is for those people who play the Games and win Tickets.

I'm sure they can find a way to make Nicolea greedy for the orbs in some way as he's prone to do. Make up a story about how he's selling them 'back into circulation' or something. *shrug*

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Thanks for posting, Kariba.
Well it's not like the zOMG team is coming up with anything.

Oh wait. 8D

O.G. Lovergirl

SykoCaster

In the almost 6 years I've been here, I've never come across that. But, I will take that into consideration. Can you give me some suggest name changes that will grab more people's attention? Also can you head over to the Petition thread (sign it wink ) and also give me some additional feedback on lingo or better clarification of points that need to be addressed in the opening post. Thanks.

O.G. Lovergirl

Kariba
Y'know, if they ever implemented this idea, they could always use Nicolea's shop which.. was for zOMG merchandise anyway. That way he's not a wasted space selling nothing but real money items.

Have it set up like the Prize and Joy sort of, with a special tab just for the GC items.
JUST for zOMG players. Like teh Prize and Joy is for those people who play the Games and win Tickets.

I'm sure they can find a way to make Nicolea greedy for the orbs in some way as he's prone to do. Make up a story about how he's selling them 'back into circulation' or something. *shrug*

In the Petition thread (link is on first page and on my sig), do you think I should mentioned Nicolea as a possible orbs shop owner?
ICESYS
Kariba

In the Petition thread (link is on first page and on my sig), do you think I should mentioned Nicolea as a possible orbs shop owner?

You could. It would be effort to fully set this up. As I said, Nicolea is pretty much a barren shop, and he's the zOMG guy, so it'd make the most sense for this idea to be implemented with him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff