Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you take an inexperienced MMO newbie under your wing come lauch time?

Yes. 0.34210526315789 34.2% [ 26 ]
No. 0.18421052631579 18.4% [ 14 ]
I'd be the one looking for mentoring 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 12 ]
Maybe? 0.31578947368421 31.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Beloved Healer

I would most definately open up some kind of school for untaught newbs. I plan on being a healer, and I feel that's something very important for everyone to know.

Or... is it? ._.' *Shrugs* Either way, my mind is made up.

Captain Kat's Husband

well, we'll definately need people to learn how to heal, and how to defend in general. There will be dozens of people fighting and going full offense, but not many using offensive and defensive support skills. Those are the skills and tatics that need to be taught.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
I'm a crappy teacher so I wouldn't do something like that lol, I'd get pissed and leave them in a group of OMG's before I taught them anything.

I'd only help out friends I know who are joining gaia just for the MMO, they're literate and know how bad of a teacher I am and that the best I can do is make sure that they don't get ROFLstomped.

They'd be pretty cool though, they're more the types of gamers who are team players and who would ask if I wanted any of the rings that they got while I was guarding them as payment and who wouldn't be too stingy about anything.
the only time i would put a newbie in my clan was if they were my frend
Sir Silverwing
well, we'll definately need people to learn how to heal, and how to defend in general. There will be dozens of people fighting and going full offense, but not many using offensive and defensive support skills. Those are the skills and tatics that need to be taught.

I plan on doing both.When it comes to rpg's I prefer to be balanced all the way and it works.

Captain Kat's Husband

Masta_ying-yang
Sir Silverwing

I plan on doing both.When it comes to rpg's I prefer to be balanced all the way and it works.
yeah, we'll need people to do that so the ones that are lost or inexperienced can get a little help. I'm sure there will be someone minmaxing the hell out of like the attacking rings, and leaving themselves very open to attack. Which may last them while they are in the early stages of the game, but come later levels, they will be in trouble.
Badges....
I guess my badge would be a heart broken in half that's silver colored...
My badge would most likely have fire on it with demon horns since i want them........although it's nearly impossible to get unless the MMO comes soon enough.

Dedicated Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
~O~
I keep thinking about what Redimus said. About how there will be more girl Gaians that haven't played MMOs before, and need big strong men like us to help them. wink
~O~

Captain Kat's Husband

Ebb n Flow Man
~O~
I keep thinking about what Redimus said. About how there will be more girl Gaians that haven't played MMOs before, and need big strong men like us to help them. wink
~O~
lol, I have actually thrown that into my thoughts for awhile now. Now seeing as I have a girlfriend that's not a high priority on my thoughts, but it's there in more of a chivalrous manner. I realize that there are a lot of girls that play WoW and other MMOs, but not enough of them that are also hardcore MMO players. Working with people and helping them understand is an important process. Plus you feel better when you help people out, including girls ^^
I've never really played an MMO, but I am really interested to play this one on Gaia. So personally I think that having people online helping out would be a good idea, and the idea of a school in the MMO would be even better.

It has nothing to do with badges persay but I think having a building where people can go in and go through first tutorials and then i guess random rooms with "monsters" to practice on could be good for everyone. Not just newbies like me. If these monsters have no points or whatever or however the game works on them and u just battle without repercussion, it could be good.

As far as the idea about badges for schools, I guess you could do that too. I could see doing it especially if there was a special item recieved for going through and getting the badge or if you recieved a ring for going through everything at that school. That way there is more diversity to the weapons that can be used, and people who know nothing about MMOs could make groups of friends they battle with in the room. That way veterans don't have to deal with newbies and we learn to fend for ourselves

Captain Kat's Husband

Jacy_Arienh_Sagira
I've never really played an MMO, but I am really interested to play this one on Gaia. So personally I think that having people online helping out would be a good idea, and the idea of a school in the MMO would be even better.

It has nothing to do with badges persay but I think having a building where people can go in and go through first tutorials and then i guess random rooms with "monsters" to practice on could be good for everyone. Not just newbies like me. If these monsters have no points or whatever or however the game works on them and u just battle without repercussion, it could be good.

As far as the idea about badges for schools, I guess you could do that too. I could see doing it especially if there was a special item recieved for going through and getting the badge or if you recieved a ring for going through everything at that school. That way there is more diversity to the weapons that can be used, and people who know nothing about MMOs could make groups of friends they battle with in the room. That way veterans don't have to deal with newbies and we learn to fend for ourselves
see, that was the original idea for this thread, an idea for a place where people with little to zero MMO experience could come and find someone who does. Just because everyone is starting at once doesn't mean we are all starting on equal footing, some of us pick up on video games faster or differently than others, and those who are struggling should have someone to help them, because a person is alot more helpful than a tutorial any day of the week.
i will be happy to help noobs become stronger because i now how they fill because i was a noob once wink

Captain Kat's Husband

malc41
i will be happy to help noobs become stronger because i now how they fill because i was a noob once wink
I'm not so much talking about Noobs, who tend to be people who's sole purpose is annoy or they act like they are superior, but newbs, people who are genuinely new to the MMO experience and want someone to help them out.

Gallant Werewolf

10,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
I am a horrible teacher...
so maybe...
I could acompany them and help them out from time to time...
much easier then actaully teaching them about the game...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff