Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you take an inexperienced MMO newbie under your wing come lauch time?

Yes. 0.34210526315789 34.2% [ 26 ]
No. 0.18421052631579 18.4% [ 14 ]
I'd be the one looking for mentoring 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 12 ]
Maybe? 0.31578947368421 31.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Captain Kat's Husband

klausolas
I wouldn't mind adopting a newb as long as they were literate and we had chemistry. It would be a good way of helping newcomers during the transition from forums to MMOs.
That's what I'm hoping for. So many people on gaia are MMO virgins, that going from a forum to a MMO is gonna be a hurdle, And many of us have it in our ability and power to help the others over this hurdle, we just need to see we also have the responsibility.

Dedicated Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Sir Silverwing
I believe we come from the same school of attention deficit disorder, I would love to have a guild like that, but it's something that would be a great strain on me, keeping up something like that on a major scale. Maybe my resolve will be stronger later, and I'll get one up and running, I know I've probably got an extra guild floating somewhere around there, and if not I'll buy one because gaia hasn't upped the prices on them yet, thought I wouldn't be surprised if they did. 20K is nothing anymore.

~O~
If you do decide to set up a guild, I could be a School Counselor, maybe a Janitor, or anything simple I could help out with. smile
~O~

Captain Kat's Husband

Ebb n Flow Man
Sir Silverwing
I believe we come from the same school of attention deficit disorder, I would love to have a guild like that, but it's something that would be a great strain on me, keeping up something like that on a major scale. Maybe my resolve will be stronger later, and I'll get one up and running, I know I've probably got an extra guild floating somewhere around there, and if not I'll buy one because gaia hasn't upped the prices on them yet, thought I wouldn't be surprised if they did. 20K is nothing anymore.

~O~
If you do decide to set up a guild, I could be a School Counselor, maybe a Janitor, or anything simple I could help out with. smile
~O~
heh, I'll be sure to remember that. Actually a school counseler wouldn't be a bad idea. You watch how they play, and give them a good ring suggestions for their play type, and if they don't want to play that way, give them a good alternative with the other stuff mixed in.

Captain Kat's Husband

you know, I was thinking last night as I was sleeping, where I get my best thinking done between being awake and asleep, that an aptitude test, of both written word and watching a person fight, might not be a bad idea in theroy, but I'm sure a little work and polish would have to be done to clean it up.
Sir Silverwing
you know, I was thinking last night as I was sleeping, where I get my best thinking done between being awake and asleep, that an aptitude test, of both written word and watching a person fight, might not be a bad idea in theroy, but I'm sure a little work and polish would have to be done to clean it up.

On request from the member, just for understanding his level and style, or compulsory to everybody before entrying to eliminate the not-real-interested?

Captain Kat's Husband

Radagast9
Sir Silverwing

On request from the member, just for understanding his level and style, or compulsory to everybody before entrying to eliminate the not-real-interested?
a little from both, you can watch someone play who isn't really initiated into the MMO and see how they play and what would be good for them, or you can give them one of those little quiz things at make your quiz sites.
When the MMO comes i'm going to help poeple but if they mess with me well bye bye to you!!! 3nodding

Captain Kat's Husband

Well, the whole idea was to help people who want help, until they get on their feet, or just help you in your works.

5,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
I'd only help if my sixth sense gives me a good vibe on that person

Captain Kat's Husband

Hermes the Swift
I'd only help if my sixth sense gives me a good vibe on that person
That's usually how I determine who I donate too XD

Wealthy Tycoon

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I usually become a guy that leaves newbs wondering "who the hell was that?" because once I become high level in an MMORPG i wander around looking for people and throw them a random item for there level that would help them out a lot. Granted I do this once ive established my own stardom and am completely self suffiecient. But i usually do end up helping newbies to games. The only problem is if your like Power Leveling someone and they dont want to listen to you it gets frustrating. But i usually take apprentices under my wing once theyve shown they can follow directions and then im a pretty bad a** instructor.
So take note, if you need help and see me wandering around the country side and you want my help, just remember to listen to what I or anyone in that situation would want you to do.
Best way to explain what I mean by that is, guy helping you says stay back I got this thing, he doesnt want you to run up and try to help even if your intentions are good because now that person has to focus on you not dying and killing the monster effectively.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff