Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you take an inexperienced MMO newbie under your wing come lauch time?

Yes. 0.34210526315789 34.2% [ 26 ]
No. 0.18421052631579 18.4% [ 14 ]
I'd be the one looking for mentoring 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 12 ]
Maybe? 0.31578947368421 31.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Captain Kat's Husband

So, if you look around, you see a lot of threads like "adopt a newbie" and such, Which is really cool and all for gaia, being a forum site. But my question is this,come gameday, are we gonna see a lot of newbie apprentices learning from the people who play more? Are any of you regs going to be helping the less fortunate? Discuss.
Possibly. If they dont get in my way of being supreme ruler that is. Kthx. Worship me now. [/snob]

Correct Answer:
Maybe. But I cant stand annoying noobs with the gapping mouth. Sort of stupid ones going WHEN DIS GAME c** OUT N HOW I USE KATAEANA inside the game.....

A literate, not noob, newb, would be good. With gaming knowledge and the ability to actually see and do what I am telling them. I just hate explaining myself over and over. It annoys me. Like forum trolls. -cough-

Captain Kat's Husband

well yeah, I wouldn't help a Noob, obviously that's someone who doesn't want help, he just wants to make life annoying. But someone who is genuinely interested in playing a MMO, who does or doesn't have experience, but is willing to learn, sure I'd take them under my wing. It's hard to remember that gaia's majority demo is a younger female audience, and a lot of them have never played an MMO for whatever reason. But this will be one that we can start in, and really make a name for themselves, and be on par with others IF they have someone to guide them. I actually had this really weird thought of having multiple "schools" in the game, whichever one you pick you'll end up with a certain item and ring, plus a badge saying you belong to that "school". Now I realize something like that would be very time consuming and many people wouldn't like it because they wouldn't be able to go to all the schools and get all the items/badges. But if a group of vets/regs were to form and take others under their wings, wouldn't that make for a more enjoyable experience for newbies, a since of fulfillment for the regs, and general growth for the community, the site as a whole?
I don't think today's newb could withstand my brand of schooling, i.e. condescension, sarcasm, and intolerance for general ********]

Captain Kat's Husband

The Right Honorable MG
I don't think today's newb could withstand my brand of schooling, i.e. condescension, sarcasm, and intolerance for general ********] well... I wouldn't say that teaching is for everybody... You'd be a really good ethics teacher XD

seriously though, I think everyone could teach others, and from there more would learn, and we'd have a better experience (OMFG Gaia has HEX!! LESBIAN GHOST ROOMATES FTW)
I agree with you in helping them learn the basics...
But as some as you have learned are just not learning that aspect...
Some people just learn the hard way...

Captain Kat's Husband

Wonder Fluff
I think things will be drastically different once the game comes out, we'll actually be able to show people what to do, and make ourselves feel better in the long run.
Sir Silverwing
Wonder Fluff
I think things will be drastically different once the game comes out, we'll actually be able to show people what to do, and make ourselves feel better in the long run.

Well, in terms of the state of the game when it comes out, it is not sure that every reg/ GBS anticipattor will immediately know the way of the game with their eyes closed. I mean when the game starts, we have equal level as GBS "newbie" which means none of us have had experienced the GBS fully.(well unless you went to the beta testing)

Captain Kat's Husband

Del Crux
Sir Silverwing
Wonder Fluff

Well, in terms of the state of the game when it comes out, it is not sure that every reg/ GBS anticipattor will immediately know the way of the game with their eyes closed. I mean when the game starts, we have equal level as GBS "newbie" which means none of us have had experienced the GBS fully.(well unless you went to the beta testing)
it is my deepest hope that those who are beta testers will help others less fortunate so that a cycle of teaching can begin.
That would be nice helping out others is what i love to do!!! heart
I don't think that there would be many apprentices in the game. However, you'll see many that ask what they're supposed to do in the game in this forum. ._.

I would, depending on if the newb had some type of gaming experience, take an apprentice or two.
Personally I'd take an apprentice if he wants and is decently literate, but I don't think there will be the need. If we are talking about teaching basics, generally games has an interface enough intuitive to be learned easily simply trying. And if a newb has some problem I think that would prefer enter on Battle and asking to other users how to do that particular action, than searching and contacting you and wait you reply.
But you can never tell.

If instead we're talking about teaching deep mechanics/strategy, the apprentice thing makes more sense, but first I have to be sure that I'm skilled enough before teaching anything to anybody mrgreen

Captain Kat's Husband

Radagast9
Personally I'd take an apprentice if he wants and is decently literate, but I don't think there will be the need. If we are talking about teaching basics, generally games has an interface enough intuitive to be learned easily simply trying. And if a newb has some problem I think that would prefer enter on Battle and asking to other users how to do that particular action, than searching and contacting you and wait you reply.
But you can never tell.

If instead we're talking about teaching deep mechanics/strategy, the apprentice thing makes more sense, but first I have to be sure that I'm skilled enough before teaching anything to anybody mrgreen
Maybe (and probably) it's just me, but I really enjoy the idea of taking someone under my wing, helping them grow as a good player, and then letting them go to help the next generation. I know that my views of peace and balance aren't shared by many people, but the more people we teach to play and pass what knowledge we gain, the more intelligent people we'll have in our community

Distinct Warlord

I really like the idea, But I'll wait until I actually have some experience in-game to do that kind of things.

The idea of badges is good. Makes me think on Elite Four, of Pokemon. Maybe when PvP be ready, we coul add our own "bosses" of the game.

I'm willing to do all the symbols (inspired on the Soul Reaver a little bit) Like: Silver Clan, MG Clan, Tess Clan, Gen Clan and all of the regs (If they become good players, of course)

Captain Kat's Husband

Ungoliath
I really like the idea, But I'll wait until I actually have some experience in-game to do that kind of things.

The idea of badges is good. Makes me think on Elite Four, of Pokemon. Maybe when PvP be ready, we coul add our own "bosses" of the game.

I'm willing to do all the symbols (inspired on the Soul Reaver a little bit) Like: MG Clan, Tess Clan, Gen Clan and all of the regs (If they become good players, of course)

that was kinda the idea I had floating in my head. I wouldn't presume to know what the other people would want to make their schools, but a school would be nice, it would be INCREDIBLE in PvP play.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff