Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you take an inexperienced MMO newbie under your wing come lauch time?

Yes. 0.34210526315789 34.2% [ 26 ]
No. 0.18421052631579 18.4% [ 14 ]
I'd be the one looking for mentoring 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 12 ]
Maybe? 0.31578947368421 31.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Captain Kat's Husband

Those are good. So okay, we are gonna makeup badges for everybody, let's get a list made on one piece, and I'll PM everyone on the list to make sure they are okay with a) their symbol, and b) being on the list.
Redimus would grumble about being considered a reg and the perpetuation of internet fame faggotry, but apathy prevents him.

Captain Kat's Husband

Redimus
Redimus would grumble about being considered a reg and the perpetuation of internet fame faggotry, but apathy prevents him.
Don't think of it as Reg, think of it as you have earned enough respect that somone wishes to make a gift for you... God dammit I would make a politician. Not a good one, but I could do it.
I'm in....

Captain Kat's Husband

okay so right now we have

The Right Honorable MG= A Sword?
GenTrigger= Golden Laurel
Kwane the Fallen Ninja= A Shuriken
Rediums= celtic cross
Chokin= Fist or something xd
Sir Silverwing= Two Wings
Otami High Priestess=tatto symbols
Plushie Emperor= Wreath (Is this the word for the thing on top of the King head?)
Sonic: Snake?
Tess: Fan
Radagast9= Leaf
Bronze L= "L"
KrazyJoe= Scythe
melios = book

what about one for you ungoliath? and I'll get more peoples names.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Erm... what are these 'name' = 'something's for?

And by not mentoring I mean just docktarting (or in this case, since it's not Puzzle Pirates, sitting around town or a field chatting) answering random questions when I feel like that.
I really don't consider that mentoring.

Heh. I docktart way too often while playing PP... maybe that's why I'm so poor...

Captain Kat's Husband

Chokin
Erm... what are these 'name' = 'something's for?

And by not mentoring I mean just docktarting (or in this case, since it's not Puzzle Pirates, sitting around town or a field chatting) answering random questions when I feel like that.
I really don't consider that mentoring.
we kinda came up with this idea, what if each person on the board had their own school for teaching others, and at the end of your training you'd get a badge from that school, then it kinda turned into a what would that person's badge be? What would you say yours would be?

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Meh... sounds too much like Pokemon.
And while Pokemon kicks major a**... ew.

Cho no like-ie ze idea mucho.
And I'd obviously be a skull and crossbones with a ninja headband.

Captain Kat's Husband

Chokin
Meh... sounds too much like Pokemon.
And while Pokemon kicks major a**... ew.

Cho no like-ie ze idea mucho.
And I'd obviously be a skull and crossbones with a ninja headband.
eh, it was just a silly idea, but it still boils down to the point of the thread, mentoring and taking genuinely interested people with little to no mmo gaming experience, and teaching them, helping them be at least decent so we can grow the MMO as a community.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
I would not mind being subservient to one of you more able to spend mass quantities of time on the MMO... but in truth, schools would be dealt with on a clan by clan basis for some of the large ones, immediate rankings and massive noob swarms, Could we form a N00B watch? ie: warn us when a massive swarm of noobs try to take on a hard section, and all of us log off and watch them all get poned?

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
If i were to school anyone, i think my symbol would be a black hawk's profile on a red background sitting in a tree.
i don't obsess...
If I were to school anyone or anything I would have a Throne of Flame as my symbol 3nodding

Dedicated Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
~O~
Ebb (formerly EvV) doesn't post enough to get name dropped. emo

On topic. I think after completing all the available quests and before new ones are added, there would be some time for Newb Schooling. I'm not averse to helping people. 3nodding

~O~
I think it would depend on the person being helped, if they are generaly in need of it, sure go for it and might make a new friend

if not i heard flight is all about how much power you can get in a foot-swing...

Distinct Warlord

Gosh, I forget about Lolicon Jr, Wonder Fluff and Ebb.
I'm lazy right now, I'll see later their symbols xd And I wont get them this week, I'll travell so I'll take the next week to do this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff