Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you take an inexperienced MMO newbie under your wing come lauch time?

Yes. 0.34210526315789 34.2% [ 26 ]
No. 0.18421052631579 18.4% [ 14 ]
I'd be the one looking for mentoring 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 12 ]
Maybe? 0.31578947368421 31.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Beloved Healer

Hmm... Just to keep this thread up...

I suppose my badge would be a crown or tiara, maybe?
well, i'll be busy with my own character to worry about a newbie trying to learn how to play an mmo, sorry

Captain Kat's Husband

Lycan_knight
I am a horrible teacher...
so maybe...
I could acompany them and help them out from time to time...
much easier then actaully teaching them about the game...

well there will always always be a need for people to back up, or attack for others, others who kinda know how to play the game and just need some help, maybe because they just are overwhelmed by the MMO environment.

Captain Kat's Husband

Dark Orient
well, i'll be busy with my own character to worry about a newbie trying to learn how to play an mmo, sorry
Well, we'll all be worrying about our own characters, but I don't see any reason why some of us can't help others at the same time right?
i help no one

Captain Kat's Husband

Bweezy4l
i help no one
You don't have to help anyone, no one is asking you too if you don't want to. However some people will want to help others, be it in a support, mentoring, combat, or just a simple point in the right direction capacity. I personally feel the more people who are willing, capable, and have the passion it takes to help a new generation of MMO players, the better the gaia community will be.
Did you delete my post Silver?

Captain Kat's Husband

Redimus
Did you delete my post Silver?
I haven't touched anyone's post unless it's to quote, and I definitely wouldn't delete one of your posts, seeing as how you give a breath of life to just about any thread you post in. and I don't think I can delete anyone's post but my own anyways.
Nevermind, wrong thread.

Apparently its flaming if you quote dictionary definitions for words like moron and ******** and then compare the actions of a poster to said definition....

*Delete, delete.*

Captain Kat's Husband

Redimus
Nevermind, wrong thread.

Apparently its flaming if you quote dictionary definitions for words like moron and ******** and then compare the actions of a poster to said definition....

*Delete, delete.*
That might be it... I've found a good way to get a point across is look for old quotes from famous people about ignorance and just post them, Shakespeare was good at it. Not that I'd condone such actions, being the type that wants to grow the community, I'm just saying.
Sir Silverwing
Redimus
Nevermind, wrong thread.

*Delete, delete.*
That might be it... I've found a good way to get a point across is look for old quotes from famous people about ignorance and just post them, Shakespeare was good at it. Not that I'd condone such actions, being the type that wants to grow the community, I'm just saying.

I hate history.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
I found a few...

Albert Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Rich Cook: "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

They're actually Universe related quotes...
But they're so true.
Chokin
I found a few...

Albert Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Rich Cook: "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

They're actually Universe related quotes...
But they're so true.

Silly Rich Cook, The universe doesn't produce morons, morons produce morons.

and Mtv encourages it. wink

Captain Kat's Husband

insults and the universe at large aside, I pose a question to you Red. If someone who was genuinely uninitiated with MMOs and noticed that you had a massive charge level (jokes aside) came up to you and asked you, in a respectful and literate manner if you could show them the ropes how would you respond?
Sir Silverwing
insults and the universe at large aside, I pose a question to you Red. If someone who was genuinely uninitiated with MMOs and noticed that you had a massive charge level (jokes aside) came up to you and asked you, in a respectful and literate manner if you could show them the ropes how would you respond?

It would do Redimus' oil pumping chrome plated heart much good to meet that one in a million newb who had humility and the capacity for respect and literacy.

I would gleefully try to teach them every single thing I know, and depending on their performance I would be thrilled to endorse their membership into my clan despite their inexperience.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff