Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you got as much catching up to do as me?

Yes. RWARGH THIS MEANS WAR 0.63333333333333 63.3% [ 19 ]
No, I was sensible and did my daily words :P 0.36666666666667 36.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]

Shadowy Senshi

@Kitten - I wouldn't say bored describes my habit exactly. I generally write to get stories "out of my system", so often once I write something I want to put it down and just go to the next thing. Which means I rarely edit and thus rarely have things ready to share. And then if I leave a project sitting for too long I have a hard time getting back into it. I'm kind of at the point of "I really need to take this seriously" if I want to improve and I think the fear of that has lead to my current dry steak of not writing.

How has your writing gone today? As productive as you've liked?

@Tol - For as long as I've known you you've been doing renovations. I hope all the houses you have lived in have turned into magical masterpieces and that someday you shall be free gonk
Morsuaile Do you think that you'll ever go back to edit your previous projects? If you've gotten away from them for awhile, do you still remember what you've written? If you don't remember them, you'll probably find something amazing you didn't know you had! smile

Today I got about 300 words. So, not as much as I wanted, but today isn't over just yet. I have to do a lot of planning because even though this is my very first novel, I think the plotline is going to span over several books, which feels very overwhelming DX

Animal Lover

Hello everybody. How are you guys doing? Have you been able to write anything good? I just finished writing a bit of something that could work out for a beginning for a story that I have been thinking about starting,but never have. However, I'm not entirely sure how to move forward from where I am with it or if it even give the effect that I desire...

Shadowy Senshi

@Kitten - I've gone back and edited some of my short stories from last year but never anything novel length. And I do love re-discovering surprises in my writing. Sometimes I find things and I'm impressed I actual wrote, it often helps to inspire me to try again. I guess I'm kind of waiting for the one project that I can't get off my mind and feel forced to edit it to completion without falling out of love with it, but that's a bit of a pipe dream as I know that quality writing comes from slogging through the tough parts that you don't necessarily enjoy.

300 is nothing to scoff at, I've written 0 emotion_yatta Unless we count blog posts, I worked on a few of those for work today, ha. Sometime stories feel that way from the start but then things happen faster than expected. Don't worry about length this early on, just be sure to keep track of all the new ideas you keep getting. I wish I was working on something so I could challenge you to a word war, those often help in getting the words flowing!

Hello Puppy (so many baby animals in here, lol) - I have not written anything in months but I'm trying to hang out in the thread more often as everyone here usually inspires me to get creative again :] Sometimes it's best not to worry about effect too early on, maybe let the story take you where it wants to go? Or maybe do some research that might help you guide it somewhere?
Morsuaile That makes sense. Maybe we should have editing wars as well as word wars; that might help you push through those parts you don't want to edit.

You have a blog? That must be so fun to write! What kind of stuff do you blog about?
Yeah, I've been keeping all the ideas in a notebook so I can look back over it should I need them. As far as length goes, I might have to reformat the whole thing. I just hope it speeds up soon. And no worries about warring. I appreciate the thought!

Shadowy Senshi

@Kitten - I have definitely done edit wars, as well as reading wars and homework wars back in the day. 15 minute burst of productivity our my main way of doing anything productive these days rofl

It's not a personal blog (at least not the one I've been working on), I write most of the blog posts for my company so recently I've been writing about our market research techniques and findings. It's been fun to use a more "professional" voice that's also relatable to people who might not know anything about the subject. But really I'd love to start a tv blog where I review tv series because I watch a lot of tv and feel like I should do something with that time for one, lol.

I often find that the start can be slow if you aren't 100% sure where you're going. But once all the characters start to solidify and you know what you're working towards the words tend to slow much better. Is you 100k goal for the end of the SuWriMo or just kind of an overall goal?
Morsuaile Any kind of war is a good war as long as it's productive :3

Oh wow! That's really impressive! And a TV blog sounds wonderful; you should totally write one. I don't know anyone who doesn't like television.

I think it's my main character that's adding to the slowness, as well as not knowing where I'm going. I'm also pretty unorganized because I don't keep everything in one document. Everything I write is on a new Word document in a big folder. 100k is an overall goal. I want to get there before NaNo this year, at the very least.

Animal Lover

Morsuaile:
Research? I seriously don't think that would do me much good. It kind of makes me feel like I'm writing a research paper for class. I don't want to go back to those days....

Shadowy Senshi

@Kitten - It's one of those things where I'd like to do it but I should really just focus on something I already =p

What's your main character like? Are they a contrast to Kira? A hefty goal but very doable if you stick to it everyday.

@Puppy - I usually find that story research is a lot more found then research papers. Whole other goals! But to each there own.

Animal Lover

Morsuaile:
I suppose that I could crack open my old Psychology book. Maybe that could help me out with a few things. I liked Psychology anyway, so it could be kind of fun. Time to turn on my iTunes and have a blast because I sure don't really know what to do with that story at the moment...
Morsuaile True, but it could still be fun if you ever have the time.

My main character is the leader of the rebellion. She's supposed to be strong, but she makes a lot of bad decisions due to her inexperience. She doesn't truly want to lead SHADOW because she will have to fight her family who betrayed her and her people. Compared to Kira, she's just not as fun to write. Finding the right main character has been really difficult, and I thought Claudette was the right one.

I hope to stick to it!

Lord Zy's Wife

Greedy Bloodsucker

Hiya peoples, are there writing being done?

Animal Lover

Kendra Rosewood:
Hey there. I am more like looking over something I just finished writing last night. Doing a bit of editing to it and trying to figure out where to go next. I have an idea of where I want to go, but haven't figured out how just yet...

Lord Zy's Wife

Greedy Bloodsucker

:huggles Puppy: Editing is good.

Lord Zy's Wife

Greedy Bloodsucker

Sorry, got to go already. It is story time.
I get to cuddle with my Zy as he reads to me. I'll be back later. emotion_bigheart
emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces