Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you got as much catching up to do as me?

Yes. RWARGH THIS MEANS WAR 0.63333333333333 63.3% [ 19 ]
No, I was sensible and did my daily words :P 0.36666666666667 36.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]

Morsuaile Aww, sorry to hear :c Hopefully things will calm down soon so you can write! What kinds of things do you like to write?

This is my first SuWriMos, yes, as well as my first novel. Progress is pretty slow, unfortunately. Writing a novel is a lot harder than I thought sweatdrop Haha.

Shadowy Senshi

@Kitten - I hope so too, but thankfully half of the busy-ness is fun social + traveling stuff so I can't complain to much just yet.

Big question! I often work on one novel a year but have recently (in the last 2 years) been writing more short stories as well as starting to get into branching story lines (I want to learn to write for video games. And when I'm feeling really ambitious I like to write scripts for a television series but those are kind of rare and I find them much more difficult.

The first novel is definitely the hardest! All you can do is stick with it and try to hammer it out. Some days are harder then others but those sometimes lead to the best results. So as long as you keep at it, there's nothing wrong with it going slowly 3nodding What's your novel about?

Illuminated Vampire

gaia_angelleft Kitten: Actually, it IS a thing. You don't have to write in order as long as you have a way to organize your things. I have stories where there are huge gaps that are filled by the simple notation of (fill in this stuff later). It doesn't help with word count, but if you are inspired to write later in your story, then DO it. smile

Tole: In theory it works that way. Less editing later. For me, it also helps to fix early because then when I look back at it I'm less likely to want to throw it out a window. Figuratively speaking, since I wouldn't throw my desktop out a window. Too much work and too expensive to replace. wink

Roses: Unfortunately I know nothing about graphic design. Good luck though. smile
gaia_angelright
Morsuaile Oh, that does sound fun!

Oh wow! That sounds amazing! That all must be incredible to write, and you sound very experienced. Are you planning to make it a career?

Unfortunately, I already quit on it once due to stress (not from the novel) , but I've picked it back up. It's a post End War novel about a slave rebellion against the Immortals, a group of people who moved underground during the war and gained blessings from the deities for their immortality and magical abilities which were then used against the topside survivors to enslave them. Um, it's a little more complicated than that, but hopefully that makes sense.

Lily Makes sense. I think I'm going to have to skip ahead a bit.

Illuminated Vampire

gaia_angelleft Kitten: Sometimes I find I have to do that or I won't get any writing done at all. Just remember to leave a general note of what you want done in a particular area so it's easier to fill in later. smile

For example, I made the following note in one of my stories:

(Expand on Lisia taking care of Aleeris, the rebels going to check out the plantation – 2 men to be safe, and Erryl waiting for a good opportunity to speak to Lisia when there is no one else present/conscious).

gaia_angelright

Shadowy Senshi

@Kitten - It's all pretty fun to write when I'm not banging my head against the wall trying to fix a plot hole or editing things back together after tearing them apart wink I don't really think I have the self motivation to make a career out of writing. I'd really love to get on with a game company but those positions are really hard to find, so I'm fairly happy to just work on my own thing or maybe with a team someday. Otherwise, I'd love to write for tv but I don't think I'd want to move to any of the cities where that kind of writing usually takes place. So for now I'm set on keeping my day job xD

Quitting happens, returning not so much. So that fact that you've come back to it is a really good sign! Makes sense as a general plot line :3 It sounds like you get to have fun and play with some super powerful characters as well as some cool moral issues that come along with using power for bad things. Especially when that power has been bestowed by a god surprised Do you have most of it planned out or are you figuring it out as you go?
Lily Oh, notes aren't a bad idea! Maybe I can space them out to be where I think they should go.

Morsuaile Yeah, I don't blame you. It seems like it'd be a crazy job with a lot of deadlines. A video game company would probably be more fun than a TV writer. But maybe you could freelance for video game companies and sell ideas to them or something.

I tried to stay away, but I came back after almost a week. My favorite character, Kira Halley/Prescott, is probably the main reason I came back. She's an Immortal and a villain, but she's just so... Insane, for lack of a better word, that I just want to write her. She's entitled, she's emotional, she's whiny, she's manipulative, and she's self centered. It's going to be interesting because of her, I think.

As far as planning, I write and plan at the same time. If I'm not writing, I'm daydreaming about this novel, and if I'm not daydreaming, I'm building playlists for each character and each scene. I feel like I live and breathe this novel, which is beyond weird. Haha.

Shadowy Senshi

@Kitten - Freelancing does seem like a good time (a few people in my writers group do that), I just need to get some of my stuff out there and build up some small publications or something first I think. Then I'd be willing to apply to bigger things. Which is why I started to focus on short stories recently. Maybe perfect a few to submit to places 3nodding

Oooh maaaan, you're in the honey moon phase of your novel emotion_kirakira That's my favourite stage to be in, so milk it for all you can right now! And she does feel like a fun character to write, it's great when you can appreciate a character with traits that you'd find annoying in a real person. I hope she manages to keep surprising you all the way through!

My work day is done so I'm going to make my way home before it rains, may get back online tonight but no promises, so happy writing everyone!

Mythical Star

WEll Im gonna try the BSing
After this class.
Which I just got the HW done for.
Ep.

But I think im getting the hang of inDesgin, a little bit......................
crying
Morsuaile That sounds like a great idea! biggrin I bet you'd be amazing at it!

Honeymoon phase? And yeah, Kira's full of surprises so far. I hope she continues to be that way.

Mythical Star

Mors!
Come back!
-grabby hands-

Illuminated Vampire

gaia_angelleft *slumps around* gaia_angelright

Shadowy Senshi

@Kitten - Just the fun "everything is new and amazing" phase that often happens at the start of a relationship =p

@Roses - I'm here! Just eating dinner and watching and episode of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel.

I think I'm going to try and finish re-reading my old scripts tonight and maybe brain storm a new episode as I had a dream about characters of mine for the first time in my life last week. It was amazing.
Morsuaile Oh, I see. Yeah, hopefully it'll stick around.
Do you tend to get bored of your writings quickly?

High-functioning Noob

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-_________________-**

i have to go install some flooring now. gonk

i'm so sick of renovation work. past 6 years of my life adequately summed up. >__>

but gdmi i want to get back and finish up this chapter and talk about writing things with you all. >:OOOOO

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff