Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Progress: 800 words in a letter-series fic. That is the new idea that I finally gave into doing because my inspiration is at an all-time low and I needed a change. The letters are between a nephew and uncle as the latter fights in a war and the former trains to be a soldier.

Their bond in the source material is truly something special.
Hey guys, I haven't been on Gaia in a while. I've gotten at least 9k done on Dark Angels. I posted Juliet's Lullabye on a site my friend reccomended to me called Inkpop.com. It's a pretty sweet site. Dark Angels is now 44,501 words!

Romantic Explorer

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

@Nikkou:
'Sup, homie-skillet-bisquit?
Drabbles are fun, I've never managed one. Do you have any focus on them?
What have you been reading?

Nothin' home-slice! ^^

Usually I just start my drabbles with a quote and they take off into small stories from there.

And I've been reading everything from climate change papers to Hungarian exilic literature. -__-;

Progress: Other than the drabbles, most non-existent. I did write a bit for smaller crossover I was working on.

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
Omg it's been so long since I made any progress T__T Magic 2012 sucked up my entire week.... And before that I was smebbing a lot on zOMG.

I wrote 797 words today though, so I'm doing better! About halfway down page 11 now. heart The dialogue was far easier than I could've imagined.

Nuclear Werewolf

Somehow managed to get some 792 words written, uh, yesterday? No, the eighteenth. That's seven hundred and ninety-two more than I was expecting to write, even though I brought my laptop for that exact purpose. Mostly dream journal because I remembered a dream fragment about one of my old friends, but predominantly about various pastries and my acquiring said pastries at some Godawful early hour of the morning. I dunno.

Be nice to actually set time aside today for writing, instead of "Oh hey we're just hanging out on the bed with our computers out, let's get some words done." Gotta (read: oughta) put more hours in the building today, though, study up for my exam Wednesday and finish the two homework problems I gave up on today. No classes, but I'll probably do another three or four hours today... Did almost four yesterday, for a weekly total of nineteen and change. Good lord. School sucks, and this is just the first week... xp

At least we had a lovely Friday night and Saturday, my Significant Other and I, as well as with friends, despite some confusing drama. It's been repeatedly stated by the upper command that we are almost required to get the hell off base and do something fun, and considering my SO just had their class's first suicide attempt this last week, I see why. Hopefully quality time with people on the weekends and writing will be enough to keep me from "getting sad." Probably will. I'm not really worried.

On a more cheerful note, called my father last night, and he expressed interest and faith in my ability to craft stories. Highly encouraging, despite his most recent reference material being the proto-novel I wrote back in the summer before seventh grade... Makes me want to write something awesome to justify his positive impressions of me. Ought to pick one of my current or seed shorts and get to work.

After I sleep. sweatdrop

Shadowy Rogue

Hello all! smile I have a problem, and since fixing writing dilemas is what this thread seems to be based on I 'd like any advice that you're willing to share. You see, I don't have a problem with getting my words out onto my page. The words flow freely from my imagination, to my hands, and onto the screen. My problem is burn out and the lack of a sounding board... I start working on something, and it's really good,usually. However i work and work and work some more on that particular story that I end up just not finihing it. I burn out and the lack of real encouragement is conducive to just that, burn out. Are there any suggestons to help prevent the burn out?
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Shadowfox:
emotion_awesome That's great
You could call Span,The Pass-Over, The Crossing, The Jump/Leap. I'm horrible with titles, you'll come up with something.
You can finish it! There is unimaginable amounts of the best pie you can think of for you when you finish. (Success Pie)
The experience is always worthwhile if you learn something, have fun with it.

Yeah, I've learned something all right. Finish the story I'm working on before going on to something else. Oh, and don't plan out the whole damn story, 'cause otherwise I get bored. I have a feeling I'll do the former again.

I want to call it It will rain except that title has nothing to do with the story apart from what I was listening to when I begun it, and no one will know that. However, a lot of my workng titles are the name of the song I was listening to. I'm starting to think that The Bridge isn't such a bad name. If I can't come up with a better name this week, I'll publish it as that, since I wanna publish it by the end of this week.

Mmm, success pie yum_pumpkinpie

Progress: Done chapter 17. Know what I'm going to do with chapter 18. Me and my friend working out times to work on collab...Does anyone know if Messenger or gaia IM is lower lag? I think messenger is, but I'm not sure.

Soccer practice today

Wheezing Lunatic

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Chouryou:
Good choice.
Sounds like a ruthless man.
Yeah, he is. I hope he'll turn out to be an engaging and interesting character; I'm still learning how to write character-driven stories.

Ooh, first sex scene. How did you feel writing it?

Progress:
About a thousand words in. Wrote different scenes, to hell with chronology, I'll deal with it later...

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
NiteShadowFox

Progress: Done chapter 17. Know what I'm going to do with chapter 18. Me and my friend working out times to work on collab...Does anyone know if Messenger or gaia IM is lower lag? I think messenger is, but I'm not sure.

Actually, I have an answer for this! My friend and I have to use Gaia IM (Meebo) for messaging, because her internet is so horrible on every other messenger (MSN, Skype). Sometimes some of her messages have to be resent over meebo, but it's way better than the 1-2 minute delay on MSN.

Caelyx-Starshine
Are there any suggestons to help prevent the burn out?

You could try reading your work over again, and see if that helps to re-inspire you to continue. You could try finding a beta reader if you need support, or show your work to a friend you know will be supportive. One of my favorite things to do when I need to be re-inspired to work on an old work again is just spend the day on Wikipedia or Google, looking up random mythology/folklore from random cultures. Given that my genre is almost always fantasy, it really helps!

Questionable Streaker

Progress: 200 words over the past day or so.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
3nodding
Have fun with the snowboard bag when you get it.
That's strange. You should be able to find a sports shop around somewhere.
We had to order one off Amazon in the end.
Heh, you'd think. My town has a sports shop, and the next town on has over five. Sadly, they cater to cricket/rugby/football etc. and not winter sports > neutral
This is my favorite thread in the writer's forum, by the way. I think it was an excellent idea and has been so successful because of it! =3

Anyway, I just passed my 21k mark and now have 21,418 words in my story.

As per the action that's actually happened, the hero has recently just embarked on a mission to save his friend from captivity. He doesn't know whether or not his friend is alive, but he is willing to risk his life to find out!

I'm still very excited about this story, and I still have a lot of great ideas. I'm even making a lot of really meaningful connections between the characters in my head regarding future events in the story, and it's going to be really exciting, especially if my characters behave in such ways that I'm hoping they will.... (They have a life of their own, I swear it!)

650 words was my most recent post. Hopefully I can hammer out another 500 or so tonight.

Taro's Ninja Spy High School! -- My web Novel

Questionable Prophet

MonkeyLord275

Hey welcome to the thread.
Taking stuff from your life and applying it to writing can lead to amazing thing. Your story sounds a bit gut-wrenching.
Don't worry about sharing exceprts, this thread is for sharing progress such as word count, page numbers, and break throughts (or the lack of any of these things).

@Misuki:
OuO Nice!
Interesting subject choice. You can explore so many things with that.
The relationship and war are a great mix, they make each other "pop".

@Sanjifan:
Dark Angels is progressing so well!
I've heard good thinkgs about Inkpop.
Glad it's working out for you. ^^

@Nikkou:
That's good, T-pudding.
Drabbles are great for practice though, and it sounds like you've got a good way for starting them out.
That is a very wide spectrum of readings. The exilic literature sounds fascinating.
Good luck with the cross-over.

@Nicolette:
Whootness for getting back on track then!
I hope you won so hard on Magic and ZOMG.
Sweetness on the dialog going easy. That's always a warm and fuzzy feeling.

@Alberic:
Yay for the 700 hundreds!
That dreams speaks a lot about your psyche.

You are super busy, sir. That is a horrible amount of homework gunk to do. Hope you worked through it and had an awesome time with your friends. You might be able to set up a writing schedule sometime, maybe in the early morning or something.
That's so sweet of your dad. heart
Happy sleeping.

Caelyx-Starshine

Hey, welcome to the thread!
Burn outs are hard to solve. I usually find taking a break and doing a different small, short, project for about a week helpful. I'm just able to jump back in easier. Though, some people find it harder to jump back in.
I think it's mostly staying positive and motivated about the whole thing, and having some people to help you as well. This thread is great for encouragement.
I will encourage you so hard. >;0
What's your story about?

@Shadowfox:
If you do plan out the story you can always deviate from the plan. Planning usually wrecks the writing for me. I just feel like I'm feeling in slots, rather than writing a story.
It Will Rain could be a good title. It's kind of like it's raining people. People jumping from bridges could be like raining. And The Bridge is not a bad name at all.
Whootness for finishing Chapter 17!
I have no idea which one is lower leg. I like messenger through, because then it's always like, "XXX is writing" and you don't start going on about other things while they're still trying to get out what they're getting out, out.

@Chouryou:
He should be. Do you have any stories that you're looking at for models for character driven?
And whootness about the thousand words!
Pff, Chronology? What do you think they invented Cut and Paste for?
I felt really awkward writing it, like I was invading my character's personal space. Not to mention I'm writing from the male POV, so I felt all sorts of inadequate. >.>
Ultimately, I think I may chose the fade out for this scene.

How did you manage to describe someone eating another someone, even if they are a different species?

@Loper:
Yay! That's a good amount of work.
When do you have to have it by?
The only thing about ordering online is the wait. Hate waiting.
That sucks about the sports shops. Are they small shops?

@Alara:
Aw, thanks.
Whoop! That's great, you're definitely moving.
I love when characters have a life of their own. It sounds like you're writing a pretty meaningful story. Friendship is a great subject to go on.
Hope you get those other 500 words done.

My Progress:
My black converse died a few months ago, so I went mall crawling to get a new pair today.
I'm exhausted, which is exactly why I didn't write the two days before this event, I had to conserve energy. >.>

Shadowy Rogue

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Hey, welcome to the thread!
Burn outs are hard to solve. I usually find taking a break and doing a different small, short, project for about a week helpful. I'm just able to jump back in easier. Though, some people find it harder to jump back in.
I think it's mostly staying positive and motivated about the whole thing, and having some people to help you as well. This thread is great for encouragement.
I will encourage you so hard. >;0
What's your story about?

Thank You! biggrin I'm eqully glad that I found this little gem of a thread.

The story is sci-fi fantasy and based on a pre-apocalyptic world. It is due to make that Journey through to post apocalyptic and illustrates the hard ships that are faced on those that inhabit a dying planet.
the first series of books introduces a young woman that escapes a psychiatric ward. Plus a slew of other colorful characters.
Caelyx-Starshine
Are there any suggestons to help prevent the burn out?

Take a break for a bit, then come back, see what you need to do with it with new eyes. Maybe work on a short story or one-shot. Tumblr inspires me a lot, in fact it inspired a whole story, which inspired another one.

[ Nicolette ]

Thanks! This helps a lot.

@Desi: Yeah, that was exactly what I found with planning it out. It felt like I already knew exactly what would happen next, and like reading a book or watching a movie, that bored me.

But I found my title!!! *does happy dance* It's going to be called Never rains but it pours. Sort of keeping in with the raining thing. What's funny is, the weather in the first part is really sunny and hot. The raining people thing lol'd me.

Progress: Got a bit over a page (handwritten) on chapter 18 in the hour and 15 minutes I had to write. End of yesterday I got about half a page on a new idea. I might go into more detail on new idea sometime.

And got some new songs to write to. Rock, and rock which I can't understand the lyrics, helps me block out other stuff and write, which makes VK perfect. When I find songs I like. Enlisted my friend to find me some, since he actually knows the genre, and I don't, and he can find me non-screamy songs. Though every so often he'll give me screamy, lol, even though he knows I don't like it XD

Been talking to this chick about RPing. It'll be a deaf/blind/mute plotline, so should be interesting. Haven't really RP'd for real before, so this should be something new.

Shadowy Rogue

NiteShadowFox

Take a break for a bit, then come back, see what you need to do with it with new eyes. Maybe work on a short story or one-shot. Tumblr inspires me a lot, in fact it inspired a whole story, which inspired another one.

Tumblr, You say. I"ll take a look, thanks! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces