Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
shjkjssaddhjkklhlj

Finished story, have little over an hour to do edits and remove 1,312 words.

It's the lion one and sucks right now because lol what is tense, what is grammar, what is perspective.

asdfldasgkjlgdladslgkanlkvnlknlkvadsnlknlkvsd

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
[ Nicolette ]

Yeah, not to mention that particular fairytale is one of the last few ones left for Disney to milk. XD It was always bound to happen.

But fair enough, where in Africa is this meant to be set? I could maybe give you some ideas on naming and help you find random words to throw in to sound more authentic. It's preferable that all the names should be from one dialect, at least in my opinion. Fun fact, most of the names in Disney's The Lion King were Kiswahili (Simba, Rafiki, Mufasa, etc.), and Kiswahili is spoken in the eastern of Africa. But the part in "Circle of Life" that everyone remembers, "Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba" (I actually knew that by heart, lol), is in Zulu, a language based largely off of the Xhosa dialect (one of the "click-click" languages), and spoken only in a small part of South Africa.

And yes I've seen Two Brothers... I've been thinking of buying it off one of the streaming sites to keep on my xbox or something. I miss it so D;

Sorry for being so late getting back to you, I wanted to wait till I had more done and... yeah, left it to the last minute. Argh!

It's set Eastern-ish? I'm very vague on a lot of it, though that's intentional. It's meant to be more a story about lions than people. I'm trying to avoid talking except for one part where I couldn't think of anything else to put. I think both Mwenye and Jengo are Swahili?

That's actually really cool, I didn't know that!

Awwwwww. xD
I watched Two Brothers just the other night, actually. I forgot how much I liked it.

Fashionable Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Losing my mind trying to figure out what to write! GRRRR! SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!! I'm trying to write, but my f-ing meds are screwing with my creativity!

Intellectual Mage

9,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
@Desi: No, I was still not quite happy with chapter 2 yet. And, after reading the newer version, I decided it wasn't as good as the previous version, but it did have a few good dialogues in there, so I cut, pasted, and rewrote some parts in. And I am happy to say I like this revision.

While doing that, I had a few more new ideas (after I realized I had a couple of minor plot holes) and I add more tensions and losses for the second MC. To make a long story short, he originally has to choose between someone he loves or his kingdom, but I couldn't come up with the details as to why he couldn't make them both work. Now I have it and am ready to move on to chapter 3.
Finished that oneshot I was working on. Gonna write the second draft sometime in the near future. Ya know what's funny though? I managed to write the whole thing without ever coming up with a name for the main character. I need to figure out the names for three different characters including the main character before I rewrite.

Thing with AToTBF is that now writing it just seems like work. I want to get it done, but I want it to be done. I'm just not really so interested it anymore, and I'm just trying to finish it now so I can go work on something it. However, if I just work on it with that mindset, it's gonna be s**t, and I'll end up being unhappy with it but not wanting to redo it (since I hate redoing things).

Trying to decide if I want to get The Bridge looked over before I publish it. I think its fine grammar-wise, and I don't want someone making changes to it, but some of the descriptions are not my area of expertise, and they'll be able to point out any errors before I make a fool of myself on the internet where everyone can see it.

Still need to test out my new beta. Sending the Bridge to him is not going to be a great judge of his betaing skills since he won't have to do much...maybe I'll send an old chapter of something to him.

Considering how I'm going to write something to offend everyone. Maybe I'll go with the majorities first, cover most of the majorities, and then I won't have many to offend left.

This computer is irritating me. It's not mine, since mine is getting sent back to the manufacturers to get replaced since otherwise it breaks within 2 wks of it being fixed, and the warrantee hasn't expired yet. This one is ancient, has a tendency to overheat right when I'm in the middle of doing something, its slow, an the "d" key doesn't work unless I press really hard. Everytime I gotta go back an fix the missing "d"s.

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
No progress yesterday, and I'm not sure about today. My condition took a turn for the worse. Instead of just a cough, I came down with the sniffles, and joint cramps! Dx I rested the whole night last night and might do so again after I get home from class today.

I might also put down the keyboard and keep going with my notebook fic that needs some attention. I could do with some time off the screen though, I'll admit...

Familiar Fatcat

So...

I have this kind of outline, prologue thingie for a kind of story--I guess.

It's a guess 'cause, truthfully, it doesn't feel like anything yet.

Sure, I did get that 'Moviescope' moment: when I could get a literally clear picture of a scene in the story, but other than that...it faded out so quickly, like--how can I explain this?--like how you see in a movie trailer. You know, how there's this big dramatic scene coming up and this deep, resounding thud accompanies the smaller bits that are the transition from the mellow to the intensity?

Meh--I believe I described it wrong. But that's what I saw.

ANYWAY. That's it.

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Been studying for my mid term, and teacher moved the date to a day when we have computers. So tomorrow I have a 25 question mid term on somewhat easy questions. Somewhat, because we reviewed the mid term out of order with the exact questions on the exam Tuesday.

My progress: About 2,000 words on Unholy Kiss (Dar's story). So far it's turning out great, and since I'm flipping between Ione's and Dar's 3rd P.O.V. every other chapter it makes it more interesting. Particularly Dar and his "Women do _____ to seduce men" way of thinking. I think I like him noticing every little thing she does, deem it seducing him when she's being herself, and her be witty when he thinks he can make her do what all his men do.

Those fan fictions didn't get much touched on, and Kuroshitsuji is a long name. sweatdrop Probably why when Funimation snagged it and began dubbing it, they called it Black Butler. owo I think that's what Kuroshituji is translated as, not sure though. Probably should be call it BB, but I'm so use to typing the name out. ^^; Planning to work on that BB fan fiction this weekend once I'm done with the other one. I thought I fixed my issue, but hit a snag again and I'm letting it sit a bit so that the new idea doesn't cause the same issue.

Typing up that big fight in KHR. xox My OC isn't really much in this second battle. It's all on the Cannons and breif mentioning of her every now and then. I made multiple OCs in the story along the way, and they are there watching the fight but my main one isn't there for specific reasons. Also, I have flash backs that need to be added so they don't pop in randomly and ruin the flow of the story. ~.~ It's going to take me a while to get this done since I'm going to be bloody fickle about how it flows and works together cohesively.

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Progress: Wow, I actually did write today. I got better after this morning and I finally got an idea of what to write. 767 words of the beginning of "A King's Ransom", which I never did actually type.

Go me!

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
How did I get a thousand (or more) words done today? How'd I finish the chapter? how'd i brainstorm the next one?

I'm blaming aliens.
Got a page on AToTBF. STill feels like work. Got sidetracked and wrote something that could be the beginning (or the end, depending on how I continue it) of a new fanfic. Another fanfic? Really? In the same fandom? I either want to write an original story or switch fandoms. I can't forever write Naruto fanfics, after all.

I'm going to be publishing The Bridge soon, and perhaps start on that collab I mentioned a bit ago. I just want to scan this drawing in before I publish The Bridge because they go together. Sort of. It's just a drawing of one of the characters.

Questionable Streaker

Progress: 100 words yesterday. I'm intending to get stuff done today.

I have no real reason to stall, it's half term and I'm not stuck. It must be something to do with the fact I can't really bear to put myself through another chapter of Part Two. Again, with no real reason.

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
Yay! Way to go on getting over the rut. 200 words is a nice amount.
*sulks* xp
How do you break a deep fryer? Aren't they just cauldrons of heated oil?
I couldn't even imagine what that'd taste like. I tired to make fried ice-cream once.
I dunno. I think he must not have put it in batter and jammed something up "/
Fried ice cream? Really?

Wheezing Lunatic

I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

*joins thread, waves*
I had too much free time in my hands and since the workplace bans Gaia and blogsites, I decided to just work on a short story; been some time since I last did that; the last three months were devoted to novels.

It's fantasy, and I'm currently deciding whether to make the protagonist (who is starving) eat the nonhuman enemy he just killed. He just ran out of supplies and there's nothing edible in the place where he is.

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

Questionable Prophet

@Aribis:
Hope your turns of events get better. Sweetness on all that writing through. That's a ton.

@Rotsab:
How'd the turning it in go?
Congratulations on the finish!

123FROOTLOOP-_-

Hey, welcome to the thread.
Have you tried some prompts? Prompts are always fun and keep you sharp until you can learn to deal with your meds.

@Ceru:
Yay! Sounds like you filled the plot hole pretty good. Congrats on moving on.

@Shadowfox:
e.e That computer sounds evil. It's trying to drive you mad, mark my words. Hope your's gets returned to you soon.
Congrats on finishing The Bridge! You'll come up with some good names and maybe it's time to set it aside for a moment. Let it simmer and then come back to it.
Good luck with the offending.
Good luck with the collab. <3

@Misuki:
WHOOT! Congrats on getting better and getting all those words o ut. smile

@Heist:
That's a great place to start and and outline and a prolog is a lot of work done. What kind of story is it going to be?

@Amorette:
Hope your mid-term goes well today. OuO
And sweetsauce on the 2,000 wors. It sounds fun.
Seems difficult to stream it all together, but you'll probably get it. Good luck with the fanfictions.

@Pheonix:
Whoop! heart
O.O Aliens are going to take over your brains.

@Loper:
100 words is good. That is strange. Is the story slow right now?
Weird.
It didn't actually turn out well, because we're lame cooks and all that.

Chouryou

Welcome to the thread.
That's a tough chose to make. Do you have any kind of point you're going to make with your story?

My Progress:
About two paragrpahs.
Have three tests tomorrow. One which was just announced yesterday.
"It's in the syllabus" she says, like anyone reads the syllabus. stare
Next research project is to find a mentally ill person and then document, diagnosis them and come up with a treatment plan. I'm thinking about Van Gogh, but someone might have him already.

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Rotsab:
How'd the turning it in go?
Congratulations on the finish!

My Progress:
About two paragrpahs.
Have three tests tomorrow. One which was just announced yesterday.
"It's in the syllabus" she says, like anyone reads the syllabus. stare
Next research project is to find a mentally ill person and then document, diagnosis them and come up with a treatment plan. I'm thinking about Van Gogh, but someone might have him already.

I'm... not sure.
I managed to edit it with only four minutes left before the deadline. I'm hoping it went well, but the judge is busy with stuff right now.

Thanks! I wasn't sure I'd get it done. sweatdrop
I'm never doing that again, ever. xD This is what I say every time. Then proceed to procrastinate to the last minute again. Illness.

Oh, ouch. Tests aren't fun! Though the research project sounds a little heavier, haha.
Van Gogh would be a cool one; no reason more than one person can't do him, no? Might be interesting to see how ideas and treatment plans differ for a single person, too.

Congrats on the two paragraphs! More than I've written today or yesterday, haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff