Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Heyyy guys so I have the demo version on my japanese 3ds so I know you guys had some questions on stuff so I would be happy to provide info.

the only characters are mario, pikachu, link, megaman, and villager.

heart

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
NeroRevolver
-Candii_Sweet-
I'm importing a jp copy and getting a jp 3ds September 18.

surprised
Test out Megamans aerial moves and let me know how much landing lag they have when you find out, please?

Megaman's N-air shoots out those tiny pellet looking things and seem to have very little lag because you can keep doing it as long as you're in the air but it doesn't do much damage or have any knock back. there really isn't any landing lag.

The F-air which is the flame sword is good, you can use it when people are near the edge when you short hop it. the only problem is that if the animation doesn't finish there is some landing lag.

The B-air is kinda like F-air except it has a very weird hitbox but it has no landing lag.

The D-air is just really really bad and it has awful start up lag and even worse landing lag, I wouldn't even use it to meteor smash because by the time the move comes out the opponent can counter it really easily.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'm using villager and using down smash to crumple and then F-smash is the easiest thing ever.

Might be broken but then again a lot of japanese players are saying shulk and robin are broken.

surprised

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
oathkeeper005
Kishiru324
Mercain
Kishiru324
Mercain
Ocean Phoenix
I'm not. I know once the Wii U version is released, which will probably be about 2.5 months later, I wont touch the 3DS version again.

This. The wii u version is going to be the one most people play on. Unless you really can't stand not having smash 4 for an extra few months, you're paying full price for a less trial version of the game. The whole reason that the 3DS version is coming out sooner is because they know its going to sell like crap once the Wii U version, the version everyone wants and will play on, is out.
I can't wait 2 more months, plus in my area people will already start holding tourneys, and my goal is to do well in the competitive scene. For realsies.

I still can't get this logic through my brain. I get its part of a series you like, but you already want to dedicate to it competitively, maybe playing the demo once, upwards of 3 times? is that not insane? The latest game was not a heavy success, and in the meantime, your smash fundamentals are probably what will hold you back more than mechanics of the new game, and that can be worked on by playing any of the 4 other smash games and taking them seriously.

That really goes for anyone who wants to play Smash 4 competitively and hasn't been on any power rankings for their state/province for their games in the past 3 months; the 3ds is just going to burn you an extra 50$ and the first 2 months is going to be a race to find techs, not a race to git s00per g00d, and those techs are not guaranteew it's an improvement on Brawl. And I know the competitive scene for the game is going to blow up. I haven't been on any rankings for sure, nor have I attended a tourney in about two years or more. The only thing I'm doing now is just playing Melee, and doing my best to keep whatever techskill I can in the game. And usually just watch matches and study them. Every once in a while, people will come over my house and play Melee, or I go somewhere and play P:M. I try to invite established people d to be in the mainstream Wii U version, which WILL be the competitive standard.
I knoto my place, but no one recently has come.

I know it's really bad logic. I'm sorry AJ!

Real talk: How do we know it going to be better then brawl, the game hasnt had any time to develop a meta. Just because the bar is set low doesn't mean the smash 4 will be better. Also fundementals are a lot more important then techskill. Zero, M2k, Armada, or whoever are all good players no matter what game their playing because things like spacing and mindgames, still carry over.
Because Brawl is a heavily slow and defensive game. While Smash 4 has the mechanics to make it more offense based.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

I want the demo to come out in Europe soon.

To jump into the topic,
I am getting the 3ds version because i dont own a Wii U but still love Smash.
I dont have the fund right now to buy a Wii U anyway and i am not sure that if i do i would buy a console for just one good game.

Shy Rogue

Kishiru324
oathkeeper005
Kishiru324
Mercain
Kishiru324
I can't wait 2 more months, plus in my area people will already start holding tourneys, and my goal is to do well in the competitive scene. For realsies.

I still can't get this logic through my brain. I get its part of a series you like, but you already want to dedicate to it competitively, maybe playing the demo once, upwards of 3 times? is that not insane? The latest game was not a heavy success, and in the meantime, your smash fundamentals are probably what will hold you back more than mechanics of the new game, and that can be worked on by playing any of the 4 other smash games and taking them seriously.

That really goes for anyone who wants to play Smash 4 competitively and hasn't been on any power rankings for their state/province for their games in the past 3 months; the 3ds is just going to burn you an extra 50$ and the first 2 months is going to be a race to find techs, not a race to git s00per g00d, and those techs are not guaranteew it's an improvement on Brawl. And I know the competitive scene for the game is going to blow up. I haven't been on any rankings for sure, nor have I attended a tourney in about two years or more. The only thing I'm doing now is just playing Melee, and doing my best to keep whatever techskill I can in the game. And usually just watch matches and study them. Every once in a while, people will come over my house and play Melee, or I go somewhere and play P:M. I try to invite established people d to be in the mainstream Wii U version, which WILL be the competitive standard.
I knoto my place, but no one recently has come.

I know it's really bad logic. I'm sorry AJ!

Real talk: How do we know it going to be better then brawl, the game hasnt had any time to develop a meta. Just because the bar is set low doesn't mean the smash 4 will be better. Also fundementals are a lot more important then techskill. Zero, M2k, Armada, or whoever are all good players no matter what game their playing because things like spacing and mindgames, still carry over.
Because Brawl is a heavily slow and defensive game. While Smash 4 has the mechanics to make it more offense based.
honestly though, you dont know that. Smash 4 could be even more defensive. Im not saying its going to be bad. But the fact of the matter is it will likely take a few months before we can really make an educated judgement on it.
No, I'm with Josh. This game is certainly going to be a step up from brawl.

Too bad that's still in the basement.
i like that game it to bad for me i have a ps3
Not going to post the picture for those who are spoiler-sensitive but here is the "final" roster from people who got the game early
Four ???? spots on the bottom row is just theories stuff people keep going on about. s**t like Ridley and stuff. This is almost certainly it though.
I'm very happy certain characters made it in and certain got cut, but there are a few choices that are making me shake my head in bewilderment.

I don't remember if it was said that there would be DLC characters, but perhaps the four ??? boxes are them?
There were rumors about DLC characters. I think the rumors said that Snake and Lucas would be DLC. Maybe Wolf too, but I don't remember. The only character choice that I'm irked with is [ABOVE MII FIGHTERS IN THE LEAKED ROSTER]. That's the only one I find incredibly unnecessary, but maybe it's because I didn't play the source game.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

I am so happy my dog is finaly there! heart
No Mewtwo, Bayonetta, Ridley and Wolf hurts do,

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'm a bit sad about not having Mewtwo and Krystal, but I will still buy and play with everyone else. I look forward to the Mii fighters, the Pokemon, and
the Duck Hunt Dog.

Hallowed Pumpkin

-Candii_Sweet-
NeroRevolver
-Candii_Sweet-
I'm importing a jp copy and getting a jp 3ds September 18.

surprised
Test out Megamans aerial moves and let me know how much landing lag they have when you find out, please?

Megaman's N-air shoots out those tiny pellet looking things and seem to have very little lag because you can keep doing it as long as you're in the air but it doesn't do much damage or have any knock back. there really isn't any landing lag.

The F-air which is the flame sword is good, you can use it when people are near the edge when you short hop it. the only problem is that if the animation doesn't finish there is some landing lag.

The B-air is kinda like F-air except it has a very weird hitbox but it has no landing lag.

The D-air is just really really bad and it has awful start up lag and even worse landing lag, I wouldn't even use it to meteor smash because by the time the move comes out the opponent can counter it really easily.

Thanks for letting me know all of that, Ive been watching the demo and I watched the whole play through and unlocking on characters on twitch last night.

I have to say, Megaman isnt going to be very good. I can tell, all of his moves do little to no hitstun.

All of his moves take forever to recover from as well. Honestly, from watching Im really interested in trying Greninja now, but Ill have to see how he feels in a few weeks.

So hyped.

ALSO
------------
How to get banned from miiverse.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
go me...

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The roster is final and it's a disappointment too because well.

Dark Pit's a ******** clone like straight up clone.

The only difference Lucina has is that she is baby's first sword character.

they didn't even give Dr. Mario a Dr. Mario related down special, they gave him the mario tornado. I wish Ridley was in not because I play metroid but ever since I used Nemesis in Marvel vs. capcom 3 I have enjoyed using big monsters.

It's whateva though, I still have my army of waifu's Peach, Zelda, Zero Zuit Samus, Rosalina, Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, and Female Robin.

surprised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces