Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Tossing a couple things in here (if they haven't been discussed already):

Project M:
Quote:
Project M has changed the world of competitive Smash. In response to criticisms of Brawl's slower-paced gameplay, larger use of chance elements, and mechanics of certain attacks, a small team of developers created the modded version of Brawl, changing numerous aspects to help balance the metagame. Every matchup has different dynamics, but the main objective of Project M is to promote fairness in the competition. In PM, tiers virtually no longer exist. You can play as the Ice Climbers and dominate Ganondorf! In addition to the gameplay overhaul, the mod also adds characters and stages from Melee that were left out in Brawl. It also gives you the option to download various character costumes, GUI skins, stage textures, and even custom music! Project M: Patt Edition offers a comprehensive package of the best customizations for Project M.

To play the Project M mod, all you need is a Wii, Brawl disc, and a 2 GB SD card (the card will need to be formatted before copying the files onto it). Here is where you'll find the files to download.

Windy City Smash:
Quote:
If you're dedicated to learning how to master the mechanics of Smash and playing in competitive tournaments, then I strongly recommend that you join a local Smash community. EXP Gaming is one of the best social gaming venues for improving your Smash game and have fun doing so. If you live in the Chicago area, you should definitely come visit us and get your Smash in! EXP Gaming also features other games, including Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Rival Schools, Crash Team Racing, Munchkin, Dominion, Magic: The Gathering, Rock Band, and Dance Dance Revolution.

To learn the fundamental techniques, you'll want to watch this playlist. Using these techs effectively will help you beat most average Smash players, but learning the ins-and-outs of every single character in the game, especially the one you choose, is key to becoming one of the top Smash players.

If you're not the competitive type, there's no need to enter brackets. You can play friendlies throughout the night, or just watch and experience the hype of salty matches as they happen in real time.

If you don't live in the area, you can also watch the Windy City Smash stream on Twitch.tv, or check out recorded matches (as well as highlight vids) on YouTube from the comfort of your own home.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
If people play Project M even after SSB4 comes out, that would be so rude.

Animated Otaku

29,200 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nerd 50

SSBM - Break The Targets - Jigglypuff - 8.25

THS: 3:47.77
-Candii_Sweet-

If Nintendo releases a mediocre product, that would be so rude.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Treklink256

HOW IN THE DEEP DARK BOLLOCKS OF GANDONDORF'S SOUL DO PEOPLE DO THIS?!

Shy Rogue

Mitsuki Horenake
Treklink256

HOW IN THE DEEP DARK BOLLOCKS OF GANDONDORF'S SOUL DO PEOPLE DO THIS?!

THis guys has been doing it for a long time now.
Another day, another new 3DS. Well, at least they're releasing it at a decent price, so that's not so bad.

So these leaks about Bowser Jr.. Do they seem legit?

Shy Rogue

Mercain
Smash is cool and all, but if you all want a break from smash you guys should look at Lethal League. It just launched on steam, and its pretty similar in goals. Kinda like Squash (the sport) meets Smash. Its really really cool.

Guys, this game is so much fun, lol. Buys it now!
oathkeeper005
Mercain
Smash is cool and all, but if you all want a break from smash you guys should look at Lethal League. It just launched on steam, and its pretty similar in goals. Kinda like Squash (the sport) meets Smash. Its really really cool.

Guys, this game is so much fun, lol. Buys it now!

Literally better than brawl.

But on a side note, no one is seriously considering getting the 3ds version, right?

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Well I can't wait to get the japanese 3ds version in 10 days before a lot of other americans.

Conservative Cat

13,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
-Candii_Sweet-

I'll still be playing Project M.

Just like how people still play Smash 64, or Melee.

I don't see why people would stop.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Charlotte de Colde
-Candii_Sweet-

I like how you didn't mention Brawl.

Shy Rogue

-Candii_Sweet-
Charlotte de Colde
-Candii_Sweet-

I like how you didn't mention Brawl.

Real talk, Brawl is dead for most of the smash community from what I have seen. Like in my state most of them have converted to melee/PM

Hallowed Pumpkin

WiiU's are hard to draw on.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seriously though, Im getting the 3DS version to get a feel of the mechanics so i wont be lost when I get WiiU smash.

I remember popping in brawl when it came out and was like "uhhhhhhhh dafuq why am I floating so much."

plus if I get both I get the soundtrack.

Das' coo to me.
I'm not. I know once the Wii U version is released, which will probably be about 2.5 months later, I wont touch the 3DS version again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff