Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I would think Rosalina would be top tier but I have a feeling she'd be like mid or low mid tier. Her puppeteer mechanic is lovely but you have to hit them like 50 times to even get to the point where you can KO them.

I am still maining her anyway. I use her fire flower alt because it looks like she's a white mage.

I would use palutena but they gave her the most garbage default moveset. The other moves she has are good but they gave her Auto Reticle as neutral B, the reflect shield as side-B, counter as down-B, and Teleport as Up-B. Why would a reflect shield be a side B move, usually side B moves are moves that move the character somewhat or an offensive attack.

And you can't use custom movesets online and apparently the option will be banned for tournaments.
heart

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
So this tier list if from japan and this person played more than 250 1v1 ranked matches:

S: Greninja, Duck Hunt Dog, Rosalina, Pac-Man, Bowser
A: Villager, Dr. Mario, Zero Suit Samus, Little Mac, Sheik
B: Captain Falcon, Dark Pit, Lucario

I guess I ate my words about Rosalina lol... The only thing questionable here is Villager being A tier.

I can understand Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser though, Duck Hunt Dog's range is like omg so long. I've noticed that the more you charge Duck Hunt Dog's smash attacks the more range they get so you can suprise someone with that. I'm trying not to use Duck Hunt Dog because everyone wants to use him.

Shy Rogue

-Candii_Sweet-
I would think Rosalina would be top tier but I have a feeling she'd be like mid or low mid tier. Her puppeteer mechanic is lovely but you have to hit them like 50 times to even get to the point where you can KO them.

I am still maining her anyway. I use her fire flower alt because it looks like she's a white mage.

I would use palutena but they gave her the most garbage default moveset. The other moves she has are good but they gave her Auto Reticle as neutral B, the reflect shield as side-B, counter as down-B, and Teleport as Up-B. Why would a reflect shield be a side B move, usually side B moves are moves that move the character somewhat or an offensive attack.

And you can't use custom movesets online and apparently the option will be banned for tournaments.
heart

There hasnt been an "Real" talk of movesets being banned yet. The best arguement against them though is that it takes a while to unlock them, and you cant garentee that a setup will have your moveset in tournament (For Wii U). Plus there is the issue of do they have a banned list of moves.

Honestly though it WAAAAAY to early for a teir list. Hell project M 3.0 has been out half a year and we all have pretty different impressions about the cast then we did that long ago.
-Candii_Sweet-
ryu_teepo_35

I'd love some info on lil Mac. ^^

imo and what a lot of japanese players and M2K are say is that Little mac definitely can be broken. He has so much ground pressure and the only way to get him is if you keep an air game all game but not that many characters can do that. Only characters who are floaty who can fly or float can have an air game like that.

Little Mac's power armor is insane if you see him come at you with a smash or his neutral B you either have to block or dodge because you can't punish him. Basically how to excel really good with mac you need to stay on the ground at all times and don't even jump and keep up the ground pressure.

Dealing with little mac is a pain online for people that know how to use him, he basically counters Rosalina because he kills Luma is very few hits because of Rosalina's meat shield mechanic

Well I guess it was to be expected he'd have superior ground game.

So the only way to deal with a Mac depends on how well an individual character can keep him in the air? That seems pretty hard seeing that Mac is probably a fairly heavy character.

So what about Bowser? Is he at least a little better than he was in Brawl?

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ryu_teepo_35
-Candii_Sweet-
ryu_teepo_35

imo and what a lot of japanese players and M2K are say is that Little mac definitely can be broken. He has so much ground pressure and the only way to get him is if you keep an air game all game but not that many characters can do that. Only characters who are floaty who can fly or float can have an air game like that.

Little Mac's power armor is insane if you see him come at you with a smash or his neutral B you either have to block or dodge because you can't punish him. Basically how to excel really good with mac you need to stay on the ground at all times and don't even jump and keep up the ground pressure.

Dealing with little mac is a pain online for people that know how to use him, he basically counters Rosalina because he kills Luma is very few hits because of Rosalina's meat shield mechanic

So the only way to deal with a Mac depends on how well an individual character can keep him in the air? That seems pretty hard seeing that Mac is probably a fairly heavy character.

Lil mac is very easily gimped on recover so you need to keep him on the edge in the air.

Bowser is wayyyyy better, he has basically no start up lag anymore and he's just overall a monster now. He deals so much damage and he's much faster. Infact a lot of people are saying he could be broken and the japanese players are asking for a nerf on him.
So I'm guessing a character like Samus would be a good counter to Little Mac. Hopefully her killing power got a significant upgrade.
Ocean Phoenix
So I'm guessing a character like Samus would be a good counter to Little Mac. Hopefully her killing power got a significant upgrade.

We're talking about how you need a strong aerial based character to counter little mac and this guy, THIS GUY, mentions the most ground-based character in the game. are you kidding me vin. you play marth and falcon and think samus for aerials before them.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

I've only played peach a few times in ranked, but I'm not looking to main her because they nerfed her hitboxes and damage.

But there is another glitch with Peach that was just discovered where if you trigger the "almost" falling off the edge and pull out a turnip at the same time, it doesn't do the turnip pull animation so she instantly pulls out a turnip without doing anything.

Game is super glitchy lol

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ocean Phoenix

Projectile's work too, you can't beat Mac up close though.

I tried that and he abused the power armor so much. If you at the disadvantage to little mac, just throw him off the stage he can't recover.
-Candii_Sweet-
ryu_teepo_35
-Candii_Sweet-
ryu_teepo_35

Lil mac is very easily gimped on recover so you need to keep him on the edge in the air.

Bowser is wayyyyy better, he has basically no start up lag anymore and he's just overall a monster now. He deals so much damage and he's much faster. Infact a lot of people are saying he could be broken and the japanese players are asking for a nerf on him.

Looks like he could be a better contender for an actual high or mid tier character. His bair takes 20% of damage. And his nair just looks sooo good lol. So the broken aspect about Bowser is just his damage output, huh?

What about Pac-man?
i like using Mario
Mercain
Ocean Phoenix

We're talking about how you need a strong aerial based character to counter little mac and this guy, THIS GUY, mentions the most ground-based character in the game. are you kidding me vin. you play marth and falcon and think samus for aerials before them.

Cool your tit jets. Samus is range. Between her zair and her missiles, a ground based character like Little Mac should have a tough time against that.

Or maybe that could just be because I play Samus the wrong way and go in the air a lot ;P
Really don't think custom movesets will hamper competitive play that much. If you want to see how stupid customizable movesets can be, just look at Arcana Heart.
Also curious about how the FE reps are. Been hearing that Lucina is just Marth minus spacing but doesn't necessarily mean she's worse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff