Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mistress of Rain
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Completely non-pet-related (other than that it stems from "conversation" in another thread in the forum):

Why is it that when people don't agree with 'you' (online), they're obviously little kids?

cause you know that adults are always right so if you are right and they don't agree they are little children?

G. pigs don't bond in a day do they? I would think they would be like other rodents where it has to be a slow process, and not just toss them right away together (even in a neutral area) with no seperation....or am I just to use to dealing with the high and mighty gerbil clans that will kill any intruder or die trying?

I think teenagers (13-19) are more likely to have the "I'm always right" attitude than most adults, but yeah... Clearly humans reach their knowledge high-point in their teen years, because everybody else is too young/old to understand most of the time...

I know pretty much nothing about g-pigs, but I somehow doubt that they can bond in a snap; rodents, to my knowledge, are territorial little things.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Mistress of Rain
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Completely non-pet-related (other than that it stems from "conversation" in another thread in the forum):

Why is it that when people don't agree with 'you' (online), they're obviously little kids?

cause you know that adults are always right so if you are right and they don't agree they are little children?

G. pigs don't bond in a day do they? I would think they would be like other rodents where it has to be a slow process, and not just toss them right away together (even in a neutral area) with no seperation....or am I just to use to dealing with the high and mighty gerbil clans that will kill any intruder or die trying?

I think teenagers (13-19) are more likely to have the "I'm always right" attitude than most adults, but yeah... Clearly humans reach their knowledge high-point in their teen years, because everybody else is too young/old to understand most of the time...

I know pretty much nothing about g-pigs, but I somehow doubt that they can bond in a snap; rodents, to my knowledge, are territorial little things.

ah that sounds a bit better... since gaia is suppose to be a "children"s site all us old people (who are over 20) shouldn't be on it anymore....and this is their thinking? though as I have been with gaia off an on since like 2004.... it has all ways screamed more of an adult place.
EEEK! Hey guys, it's Mir. My main account appears to have been hacked! OHNOOOOES.......

Anyhow, just wanted to let y'all know, lol. It's a tragedy! My sister and her friend have also had their accounts compromised, and even the usernames and avatars changed, so I'm thinking it has something to do with this computer... At least Mircheese was lucky enough to stay just how she is. I still can't log in though. My password has been changed and it won't let me get back in even after email resetting it twice! gonk

But anyhow, what's up? How has everyone else's day been so far? Aside from this whole fiasco, I'm good. xD Last night the three neighbor kids slept over in our tiny apartment, and we also let Lazer the iguana sleep out of his cage last night. This morning now he think's he's all tough and King of the House, so now he's gone to head-bobbing at anyone who walks by saying "muahahaha, you'll never get to hold me!" xD
I bought Saphi ones of those "ball-in-a-track" toys (the Cat-It Senses Play Circuit)
It's a hit (have to admit that there was minor concern over whether or not she'd actually like it), and I'd recommend them as a good human-not-necessary puzzle toy for people with cats that enjoy the "hunt/attack" kind of toys/playing with balls.

Guess who's going to be buying more (because it's like a puzzle in that you can fit multiple sets together) to increase the fun. (or asking for more for birthday, but that's not for ages)
I'm thinking that it'll end up under the table when I get more pieces, so that I don't have to trip over it.

It does, however, mean I have to look first before asking the "what are you doing?" question over cat scratching at hard objects noises.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
so I think I need to move ika back to eating from a bowl for a little while. I think her digestive track issues are coming from eating off the floor, and (rencently) starting to groom my hair (I shed like crazy)...

cause Ika had another large poo tonight and was dragging her bum all over my floors. Looking at it the only thing (other than being large, slighlty hard, and soild) was that I saw hair in the middle of pieces that were stuck together and sticking out at both ends. sad

Poor Ika Butt.
Mistress of Rain
so I think I need to move ika back to eating from a bowl for a little while. I think her digestive track issues are coming from eating off the floor, and (rencently) starting to groom my hair (I shed like crazy)...

cause Ika had another large poo tonight and was dragging her bum all over my floors. Looking at it the only thing (other than being large, slighlty hard, and soild) was that I saw hair in the middle of pieces that were stuck together and sticking out at both ends. sad

Poor Ika Butt.

Perhaps try adding a bit of pumpkin to her food to see if it'll help, as well?

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Was watching Animal Cops on Animal Planet a little while ago. It was in set in Phoenix, Arizona.

An officer got a call and went out to the location, to find a cat that was literally covered head to toe in cactus spines. The cat had likely been walking on top of the concrete wall and then fell- startled by a dog or something- into the pit below, which was filled with cacti. The poor cat had cactus spines embedded -everywhere-. Head, body, you name it. The cat was in so much pain that he just laid on his side on the ground, mewing hoarsely, not even fleeing when the officer approached.

The cat had a collar on and was clearly a pet, probably an indoor-outdoor cat like many people keep theirs.

I fell asleep and didn't get to see if he survived or not, but it was pretty horrific. The officer was about to cry, seriously.
This is why I don't like outdoor cats.
Moth Feathers
Was watching Animal Cops on Animal Planet a little while ago. It was in set in Phoenix, Arizona.

An officer got a call and went out to the location, to find a cat that was literally covered head to toe in cactus spines. The cat had likely been walking on top of the concrete wall and then fell- startled by a dog or something- into the pit below, which was filled with cacti. The poor cat had cactus spines embedded -everywhere-. Head, body, you name it. The cat was in so much pain that he just laid on his side on the ground, mewing hoarsely, not even fleeing when the officer approached.

The cat had a collar on and was clearly a pet, probably an indoor-outdoor cat like many people keep theirs.

I fell asleep and didn't get to see if he survived or not, but it was pretty horrific. The officer was about to cry, seriously.

Pretty sure kitty survived if I remember correctly. =)

Hunter

11 Cardinal 11
Moth Feathers

Pretty sure kitty survived if I remember correctly. =)

Indeed she does! (I too watched that episode, hehe.)

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
omg... my cat is so freakin' happy!

So I took da bird off the wand cause I wanted to sleep last night, i set it on my dresser.... I was sitting at my desk after work and Ika started to play something.... I look and she had found da bird toy and was playing with it, and then when i tried to get it back she ran around the house like she just caught herself a prize!

I then made the boyfriend play with her as I ordered food xD
Yay's for Bella!

Pulled some hot dog out of the freezer yesterday so using it as walking treat last night and tonight. Decided to let Bella loose at the park (dragging her leash at first, and in a spot well away from the road and exits) to practice her recall a bit. She was absolutely awesome! Came every time I called her and even when I didn't.

I've also had minimal problems with dog-sighting spazzing (still do have the barking/pulling/whatnot, but I don't find it unmanageable), walking past a little guy Zoe thinks should be her friend is no issue - mum can barely handle her when we pass a dog, though; this time of just us is just confirming to me that the issue is definitely with mum, not Zoe (yes she does react to dogs but it's not unbearable and bribery often works quite well to redirect her attention); I also know the chances of her listening to me about it are slim.

ETA: I'm thinking about making some oatmeal apple cookies (using the recipe I have for oatmeal raisin) and making a few for the dogs as well; I'm just concerned about stuff like (brown) sugar, cinnamon, butter/margarine (I haven't actually looked at the recipe recently and don't remember exactly what it includes) and whether or not they're really dog-suitable. Does anybody know?
-I'll also be using oat flour instead of regular white, because I have some of it and should use it up before it goes bad, which is the main reason I'm considering making a few doggy cookies as well as some for myself-

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Arranged plans to pick up THIS little beauty tomorrow at around 1, if all works out well.

I am thrilled. Ever since I met my first GCC at the local bird shop, I was smitten with them. It's nice to have an animal that likes you, wants to be petted and loved. I've been checking Kijiji, Craigslist, and other places daily for a few weeks and whoop, today turned out to be the day.

So we'll see how it works out.
Moth Feathers
Arranged plans to pick up THIS little beauty tomorrow at around 1, if all works out well.

I am thrilled. Ever since I met my first GCC at the local bird shop, I was smitten with them. It's nice to have an animal that likes you, wants to be petted and loved. I've been checking Kijiji, Craigslist, and other places daily for a few weeks and whoop, today turned out to be the day.

So we'll see how it works out.
I am the jealous. ;o;

I hope everything works out! There better be lots of pictures if it does.

Invisible Genius

7,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Moth: awwww, that's awesome! Good luck! <3

Aki: I'm not totally sure but I think some other commercial dog cookies/etc use cinnamon... The sugar and butter should be okay in small amounts, but I would use a lot less of them or substitute in the batch you make for the dogs. Like I said I'm not totally sure about the effects of any of these though. I'm sure they won't care if you just make the same cookies without those in them. Or maybe you could use peanut butter instead? biggrin

In other news, I thought I might note something I just saw when I was checking Twitter earlier (not a usual thing lol). I guess some of the Mazuri foods are being recalled for having too much vitamin D... xO

This page seems to say the only ones of concern are some of the guinea pig and bird foods, so I'm guessing the rat/mouse food is still okay... xP
Mircheese
Moth: awwww, that's awesome! Good luck! <3

Aki: I'm not totally sure but I think some other commercial dog cookies/etc use cinnamon... The sugar and butter should be okay in small amounts, but I would use a lot less of them or substitute in the batch you make for the dogs. Like I said I'm not totally sure about the effects of any of these though. I'm sure they won't care if you just make the same cookies without those in them. Or maybe you could use peanut butter instead? biggrin

In other news, I thought I might note something I just saw when I was checking Twitter earlier (not a usual thing lol). I guess some of the Mazuri foods are being recalled for having too much vitamin D... xO

This page seems to say the only ones of concern are some of the guinea pig and bird foods, so I'm guessing the rat/mouse food is still okay... xP

Thanks. I'm thinking between the egg and apple, I shouldn't need the binding properties of margarine (especially without the sugar), and sugar's usually just for taste/colour anyhow. I think you're right about cinnamon, because I feel like I've seen it being for good before, I just haven't been motivated enough to look it up yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff