Welcome to Gaia! ::

Henrika
The total bill after tax was slightly under $1100 CAD.

If she had only gotten her teeth cleaned it would have been under $700 including tax, but canines are expensive to remove because they are so large and go so deep under the gums. It was also a slow process for the vet to remove because it had grafted onto her jawbone and broke twice while trying to get it out.
Ouch. Kirby was lucky with his canine. It literally slid right out.
Krissim Klaw
Henrika
The total bill after tax was slightly under $1100 CAD.

If she had only gotten her teeth cleaned it would have been under $700 including tax, but canines are expensive to remove because they are so large and go so deep under the gums. It was also a slow process for the vet to remove because it had grafted onto her jawbone and broke twice while trying to get it out.
Ouch. Kirby was lucky with his canine. It literally slid right out.
I wish it had been that easy. The vet called me in the middle of surgery, once they had finished the cleaning, to let me know that the canine needed to come out and then said she'd call when they woke her up. It took around an hour for them to get the canine out/stitch it & wake her up because that was when they called to say when they were finished and to arrange a time to come pick her up.

As for the money, I've been saving for this for awhile so it was actually rather painless for me to pay for it. Hoping to get Jellybean's teeth cleaned next year, and then keep saving for Twiggy in a few years time when she needs her teeth done.

And as far as I'm concerned we got off lucky. My vet tech friend has seen her clinic send home $1400+dentals before and one time in a particularly tough case where a cat's canine had grafted onto the jawbone, the vet accidentally broke the cats jaw which meant they needed to spend the next hour or so splinting it back together. Their jaw bones are really quite fragile so hearing that I was nervous about her going under but I'm glad we did it.

I just wish she would wear her collar - I am SO nervous about her ripping out her stitches. I've put it on as tight as it will go without literally choking her and she can STILL get it off somehow.
Henrika
I wish it had been that easy. The vet called me in the middle of surgery, once they had finished the cleaning, to let me know that the canine needed to come out and then said she'd call when they woke her up. It took around an hour for them to get the canine out/stitch it & wake her up because that was when they called to say when they were finished and to arrange a time to come pick her up.

As for the money, I've been saving for this for awhile so it was actually rather painless for me to pay for it. Hoping to get Jellybean's teeth cleaned next year, and then keep saving for Twiggy in a few years time when she needs her teeth done.

And as far as I'm concerned we got off lucky. My vet tech friend has seen her clinic send home $1400+dentals before and one time in a particularly tough case where a cat's canine had grafted onto the jawbone, the vet accidentally broke the cats jaw which meant they needed to spend the next hour or so splinting it back together. Their jaw bones are really quite fragile so hearing that I was nervous about her going under but I'm glad we did it.

I just wish she would wear her collar - I am SO nervous about her ripping out her stitches. I've put it on as tight as it will go without literally choking her and she can STILL get it off somehow.
Yah I was in tears when I got the call midway that the canine needed to come out. The first thing I did was call my Aunt who was a vet and she asked if it was absolutely necessary to remove because removing canines isn't fun and as you mentioned can result in broken jaws from the force often needed. The vet however was amazed out how easy it slipped right out.

I wasn't expecting that the canine would need to come out. Initially I took him in because when I was brushing his teeth I noticed the little tooth next to it was loose. Ironically about three days prior we were at the vet for his yearly and the vet was raving about how beautiful and well cared for his teeth were. There was no signs of what was brewing beneath the surface. I don't think he even charged me for an actual cleaning even though they did do a little cleaning on everything else just to make sure the rest was good. My vet's theory was the teeth issues was probably related to a trauma. The roots/attachments got injured, and basically lost the hold and the jaw bone started to recede and the roots completely died underneath.

My guess is Kirby must have caught that side bad during a tug and being a dog hid his pain way too well. He was such a tug demon when I first got him. Even with all that going on with his teeth that had probably been there for months he was still tugging full force. Now I only do one finger tugs even though he would love to go rougher. I figure his mouth is already compromised so not worth the risk.
Oh that's not too bad.

Have you tried the pillow type cones?
I'm not sure how well they work since I think you fill them with air.

The cats are loving the box filled house right now.
Boxes.. everywhere. And empty bookcases/desks/dressers. They're in heaven.
Made our move from Texas to Florida.
Yay.
The cats were not pleased with the drive.
And my 7 fish died. =(

Started Ike on raw yesterday.
So far no issues.
dramallama

Celestial Dog

Really wish people would understand that "does your dog look alright? does his haircut look good to you?" is your cue to point out anything you don't like instead of saying "yes he looks good" after giving him half a glance and then coming back the next day and complaining that I did something wrong. stare

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
He's heeere! 10 weeks old today! 4laugh

User Image

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
VonVix

User Image

I want to steal him!! I may actually have to steal him! What's his name??

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
CrysisMoon
VonVix

http://i.imgur.com/EnUPmQnl.jpg

Hawk! whee

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
VonVix
CrysisMoon
VonVix

Hawk! whee

Ohh I like that name. It's different. smile

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
CrysisMoon
VonVix
CrysisMoon
VonVix

Hawk! whee

My other boys (sig) are called Cosmo and Jet, so I wanted to keep with the "up in the sky" sorta theme. whee

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
VonVix
CrysisMoon
VonVix
CrysisMoon
VonVix

Hawk! whee

My other boys (sig) are called Cosmo and Jet, so I wanted to keep with the "up in the sky" sorta theme. whee

Awh! That's really cute. Your other two boys are also incredibly cute as well.

Celestial Dog

Cute samoyed puppy came in

It's so cute emotion_kirakira
And the family is super friendly and nice omg
My fluffer cat has fleas.
Freaking awful.

Those tiny flea combs and fluffy cats do not mix.

If she would've just taken the flea meds this wouldn't of happened. But nooo.
Anything that isn't cat food she refuses to eat. Brat.

Invisible Phantom

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
Hi guys.
Its been a long time.
My Cat is still crazy. I think she will always be like this, since she was found abandon at one week old by her feral cat mother. She two years now and still bites. i've correct her so many times i lost count and when i do it she comes straight at me and attacks me where ever she can...ahh, crazy cat life. im glad she sleeps a lot haha.
How are you guys doing?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces