Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

11,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Payton Leeroy
Oh Hael No
Does anyone know what I could do to keep a baby bunny warm? The only way I know is in between my legs, with a blanket and my laptop on my legs above. It's gets really cold in my house sometimes, and since Gus doesn't have all of his fur yet, he gets cold easily. Could I make something out of some fabric? I could really do anything, but ordering things online are so not my dads thing. He will not let me. I have to get my own money, which is really hard. :I

He's a wild rabbit baby, right? You should be able to make him a little nest out of towels and use that, then just spend some time cuddling with him on occasion. Otherwise, the hot water bottle or a sock filled with rice or beans then microwaved should be good. Again, wrap it up pretty well so you don't burn the little guy.

Ooh, never heard of the sock filled with rice. I will try that out. ^_^

Aged Hunter

Have to share. Will and I went to a Click-in st The Behavior Clinic this morning. We made it in the building! First time we've made it inside and this was our 4th time going. So proud of him!

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
Ika's sweatshirt wont be in until thursday, but she gets awesome cat n** on tuseday cause that is when my first box arrives.

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
okay so Ika has her small crate that she was put into for coming up here right?

I randomly leave it out and open... only times she has gone into it has been when I had it set up as a little outdoor spot.... other than that I NEVER see her in it... in the 7months that I have kept it out for her... Guess who just spent like 20 mins laying in her crate?

yep Ika Butt.

she has taken to laying/sleeping on a dirty shirt and hoodie I had on the floor.... i tossed the shirt in the crate like two days ago... smile it is also set up right next to my desk so maybe she is fine laying in it cause she can still see me.
The things some people believe (and even worse say), is just... wow.. sometimes
- taken from another forum I'm a part of because somebody said she's tired of having indoor animals (cats and dogs) and wants them all out permanently, so the next person said "don't own animals please", then this comment followed:

"all animals should have a chance to go outside.
People that want indoor-only animals shouldn't be allowed to have pets. "

It's a forum I don't actually comment in, but it's so hard not to say something against this.

I did have wishes for a "like" kind of button with this reply, though:

"My vet has always responded favourably when I tell her my cats are indoor cats only. I will not subject them to the risks of letting them roam free. I've seen too many get run over, eaten by coyotes, or dicked around by a*****e people to risk the pets I care so much about. Anyone trying to claim I shouldn't have them due to not letting them outside is ignorant, plain and simple."

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Grrr... Okay, so the labs I dogsit aren't particularly dog friendly. Their owners adopted them about 3 months ago and were told that they were, and had fallen in love by the time they learned that the shelter had lied to them about nearly everything with these dogs. Normally it isn't much of an issue, as they spend most of their time in the country, but because of that their owners haven't been able to work on it much, so instead of going on a hiking trail like I normally would with Payton we put leashes on and practiced walking nicely around the neighborhood. Not an issue, I can keep control of all three dogs fairly easily as long as no other dogs come running up to us. Hell, we even walked past a park, where some girls had some dogs and kept hold of their leashes and there weren't any issues, the dogs I had flat out ignored the other dogs since they weren't in their face or barking.

After we get a little farther I notice that one of the girls [8-10ish] had left the park and were walking in the same direction as we were, but were going a little faster. Her dog's also on a retractable leash and is starting to pull ahead of her, so I walk a ways into the park and have the dogs with me sit to let her and her dog get by. All the dogs with me are doing wonderfully about it, focused on me, not stressing out about the dog that's gunna go by or anything. Everything seems to be going wonderfully and I'm very proud of them!

Next thing I know the dog has pulled the girl over onto the sidewalk, yanked the retractable leash out of her hand, and is racing over to try and say hi. The dogs end up doing a lot of yelling and snapping, but are really just freaking because another dog just came charging up at them and are trying to chase it off, I can keep hold of their leashes, but really can't separate the other dog. It finally backs away, the labs I have settle down instantly where as the other lab is now screaming because it's retractable leash has wrapped around it's hind legs and is now tightening and banging around. The girl's friends come up and get ahold of her dog FINALLY as she sits there holding her skinned knee and an older couple who'd been in the park come over. What do they do? Yell at me because dogs aren't allowed in the park. I actually have to explain that I had moved INTO the park to try and avoid the girl and her dog before they will go to check if the girl and her dog are okay while I check the dogs I have with me. And what does the old man do? Yell at the girl for having her dog in the park [not sure why he hadn't done that when we passed them and she was in the park right by them with her dog!] Luckily the only one who's hurt at all is the girl, who just looked like she'd scraped herself on the cement.

Still, this is why you don't give a big dog to a small child, or use retractable leashes on a walk which just teaches your dog to pull! I'm just glad that any injuries were minor.
I forgot to gush last night, but I saw the cutest ever dog when I went to check on my aunt's cat. It was one a collie (possibly mix, I didn't want to backtrack to it because I knew I'd be there all night and pestering the owners (outside unloading the truck or something) with questions about it, rusty-red (sable) and white, possibly a smidge smaller than Zoe (shorter hair and the whole not backtracking thing), and it had the cutest bark.
I may be swayed from tri-colour or black and white yet for my next collie.

And, Bella was totally awesome, didn't mutter a peep while we walked down the alley that we passed the adorable in. Almost every other yard had at least one barking dog in it.
Sometimes a person just has to call it quits and give up on trying to educate certain people... Sucks, but some people just won't get it through their heads...
Oh what a great start to the day.
-I've currently a back to school cold (despite the fact I'm not going to school - yay for working with the public), and I'm not a morning person on a good day. Basically, I'm bloody miserable right now normally as is.-
So I work late today, so I'm taking the slow method to getting up, hitting the snooze button repeatedly and all that, and Bella starts barking, I haven't the foggiest as to why, but she was probably on the couch and somebody walked by, or she hard a car door or something, I don't know. It's early, my head's all stuffed up, I'm not ******** thinking about stuff, so I just send her out for her morning pee.
Go to let her in about seven minutes later, because she's probably about ready to come in... she has a two-minute outside-tolerance most of the time. So I open the door, she's not there, call her, hear nothing. Being miserable, I'm not in the mood for the back and forth game, so I grab my shoes and go to just find her. There's no little brown dog in my yard.
Ohjoy, hello panic attack. She's small, she's quick, I don't know where she got out or how long ago, I have no idea which way she would have gone. It's twenty past nine in the morning, so there's a fair amount of traffic out there, and it's always a risk that she'd have gone to my mum's work, which means crossing a busy street.
So I run back in to grab a sweater, phone, and leash, and set out - again, I've no idea which way to even begin looking. Start by checking the neighbours, because they've a bunch of cats; all seems well there, so I head the way she went last time, towards my brother's, while texting mum and sil so that they can hopefully help or at least keep their eyes/ears out for her. Don't see her that way, head back towards my house to check the alley/rest of the block, since a few houses have dogs. There she is sitting in the back alley. As I approach, what does she do but run into the non-cat-neighbour's 'path' between their house and the fence.

So now I guess somebody's going to be getting tied up outside again, and I'm going to be shelling out the money for a new ******** fence (really didn't want to yet), because the bandaid fix of chicken wire clearly isn't working, and it's nearing winter, which means she'll be even closer to the tops of the current wire, thus easier-able to get out. Joys
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Oh what a great start to the day.
-I've currently a back to school cold (despite the fact I'm not going to school - yay for working with the public), and I'm not a morning person on a good day. Basically, I'm bloody miserable right now normally as is.-
So I work late today, so I'm taking the slow method to getting up, hitting the snooze button repeatedly and all that, and Bella starts barking, I haven't the foggiest as to why, but she was probably on the couch and somebody walked by, or she hard a car door or something, I don't know. It's early, my head's all stuffed up, I'm not ******** thinking about stuff, so I just send her out for her morning pee.
Go to let her in about seven minutes later, because she's probably about ready to come in... she has a two-minute outside-tolerance most of the time. So I open the door, she's not there, call her, hear nothing. Being miserable, I'm not in the mood for the back and forth game, so I grab my shoes and go to just find her. There's no little brown dog in my yard.
Ohjoy, hello panic attack. She's small, she's quick, I don't know where she got out or how long ago, I have no idea which way she would have gone. It's twenty past nine in the morning, so there's a fair amount of traffic out there, and it's always a risk that she'd have gone to my mum's work, which means crossing a busy street.
So I run back in to grab a sweater, phone, and leash, and set out - again, I've no idea which way to even begin looking. Start by checking the neighbours, because they've a bunch of cats; all seems well there, so I head the way she went last time, towards my brother's, while texting mum and sil so that they can hopefully help or at least keep their eyes/ears out for her. Don't see her that way, head back towards my house to check the alley/rest of the block, since a few houses have dogs. There she is sitting in the back alley. As I approach, what does she do but run into the non-cat-neighbour's 'path' between their house and the fence.

So now I guess somebody's going to be getting tied up outside again, and I'm going to be shelling out the money for a new ******** fence (really didn't want to yet), because the bandaid fix of chicken wire clearly isn't working, and it's nearing winter, which means she'll be even closer to the tops of the current wire, thus easier-able to get out. Joys

That sucks so much. I'm sorry. x.x Being chained to potty, though, really isn't bad. Atleast you found her. =)

My brother and his croonies scrap metal all the freaking time (Get a job, you bums!). Our driveway is fenced about halfway up and it goes to out de-tached garage. They can not seem to fathom that there is a dog in the back yard and ALWAYS leave the fence open. Not a problem when I'm at home, but they also do it while I'm gone and no one in my family but me and my bf can touch the dog. :/ She runs and runs and runs some more away from them. I'll get phone calls while I'm out like "Your dogs out, may want to come home and get her" ... le sigh.
11 Cardinal 11
That sucks so much. I'm sorry. x.x Being chained to potty, though, really isn't bad. Atleast you found her. =)

My brother and his croonies scrap metal all the freaking time (Get a job, you bums!). Our driveway is fenced about halfway up and it goes to out de-tached garage. They can not seem to fathom that there is a dog in the back yard and ALWAYS leave the fence open. Not a problem when I'm at home, but they also do it while I'm gone and no one in my family but me and my bf can touch the dog. :/ She runs and runs and runs some more away from them. I'll get phone calls while I'm out like "Your dogs out, may want to come home and get her" ... le sigh.

Not the worst thing in the world, just inconvenient (but less so than the alternative of standing out there with her)

I don't know how people, that go to the house all the time, can't catch on to the gate-closing concept.
My older sister-in-law is one of such people; I make a habit of making sure my gate is closed/latched tight after she's been over/holding onto the dog while she's at the door/not letting Bella out until she's unloaded the car and done going through the gate, because she just doesn't think about it.

Devoted Inquisitor

Padlock the gate.
Bella was nice to a little dog tonight, and even wanted to play with it.
She pretty much never likes dogs, especially small (or young), let alone wanting to play with them.
I was so proud.

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
Ika made progress today!!!

First: getting up this morning it was chilly and i was able to get her into her sweater and she was -awkwardly- walking around the house, an chilling.

Second: We went outside today. she didn't have her harness on bu ti left the door outside open and i sat on the steps. she came out sniffed around... she was crouched and all that but she was doing good.
I bought a "Fur Remover" a couple months ago when I was trying to find a good brush for Saph. I found it really didn't do much and was awkward, so set it aside and semi-forgot about it. Was vacuuming today and figured I'd go over the cat trees because the one at least was getting quite coated with fluff. Vacuum did pretty much nothing to get rid of the hair and I remembered I'd bought this brush and that it had said something about being for use on furniture and such as well. Grabbed it, started brushing the tree..

Holy s**t did it ever do an amazing job. Between both trees and her little bed I probably got a couple cups worth of hair out. Really didn't take all that long, either, and I was relatively thorough with it.
I'll probably attack the car with it sometime "soon" as well, because I imagine I'll get a ton of hair from there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff