Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
I don't think I can finish 50k now in one month. Though I will still write it until the end of November, typing 44,000 in 10 days would be a little unreachable for now. So, to pat my back at least I would try and finish what I can for it and continue it until December until the 'The End' part comes. It will be a very rough draft though. And to make up for that is... I have to finish this prolix challenge.
=====

Today's Word: Elucidate
Sentence: Of all the things they said, none of their fancy words or elucidations had really make me understand any of it. In the end, my lessons were futile.

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Today's Word: elucidate
Sentence: When you are assigned a journal, you must solve the math problem at hand and then you must elucidate your answer and how you got to the answer.

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Noryoku Kiyama
I don't think I can finish 50k now in one month. Though I will still write it until the end of November, typing 44,000 in 10 days would be a little unreachable for now. So, to pat my back at least I would try and finish what I can for it and continue it until December until the 'The End' part comes. It will be a very rough draft though. And to make up for that is... I have to finish this prolix challenge.
====

I am in almost the same boat as you. I'm putting myself on a schedule, so I can maybe, just maybe get the goal by the end.

Conservative Worshipper

13,200 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
To make lucid....*looks up in dictionary*

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Might I ask what word I'm missing? The page says I'm behind, but I'm not sure where...

Dapper Fatcat

kirikomorisan
Might I ask what word I'm missing? The page says I'm behind, but I'm not sure where...
I think the best option is to go into your posts and count them all there. Unless you post 5089234 times a day, in which case I don't know what I'm talking about xD It might also be that she hasn't updated the list.

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Sentence: The twins listened while the priests continued to elucidate the pair with a laundry list of their misdeeds and conduct. Carlotta knew this confession could never come to any good and was certain that they'd be killed for their knowledge.

Dapper Fatcat

Today's Word: Elucidate
Sentence: His explanation helped to elucidate the situation, but there were still far more questions than answers.

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
R`e`n
kirikomorisan
I think the best option is to go into your posts and count them all there. Unless you post 5089234 times a day, in which case I don't know what I'm talking about xD It might also be that she hasn't updated the list.

I did all of them, it's just that I think I used one wrong.
Many words often frighten me

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
So glad that this week is over. Hectic schedule + virus scare = not a lot of words. gonk *creys*

Here are a few of my catch-up words:

Today's Word: haberdasher
Sentence: “I went down to the haberdasher a few blocks down the street, and—” Reddening, he suddenly shoved a cardboard envolope into John’s hands and then stood watching him, silent and expectant.

Today's Word: vulcanize
Sentence:John skidded to a stop and hid behind a bundle of vulcanized rubber mats, holding his breath as the guard ran past, oblivious.

Today's Word: gargantuan
Sentence: At the end of the boardwalk was a tiled courtyard ringed by spouted fountains and beds of fragrant flowers. Overseeing all was a gargantuan statue of interlocking geometric shapes made out of rough white stone tinted in places with muddy browns and greyish blues. John squinted at it, and then suddenly the random shapes shifted into a more recognizable form: a human female holding a strange guitar-shaped instrument in her arms.

Anyway, should post the rest of them tomorrow and then be back on track. I'm very sorry for missing so many days!

Revered Nerd

Sentence: “Would you care to elucidate why?”

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Okay, two kinda iffy ones here. sweatdrop

Today's Word: gyre
Sentence: Harmony shifted around her, a melodious gyre that made her skin tingle and left a too sweet odor stinging her nostrils, like over-ripe fruit rotting in the summer sun.

I realize invisible sound is a little different than water, fire, smoke, etc. But it would be a kind of churning sensation, like being caught in a whirlpool.

Today's Word: fey
Sentence: This world, it was all illusion, a fey dream.

I think this is correct usage? It also has a double-meaning because she's caught in a hallucination caused by a faerie. XD

Today's Word: visceral
Sentence: "Some kind of... ghoul?" Penny made a face. "They look sorta like people who get lost in caves and evolve by devolving into visceral, bloodthirsty beasts with telepathic powers, razor-sharp lamprey teeth and poor vision."

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Today's Word: Vulcanize
Sentence: It smelled like he was trying to vulcanize rubber or something. They pinched their noses and moved on quickly.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Jump, jump, jumpin' the gun. dramallama

Today's Word: strudel
Sentence: "There's a kitchen downstairs," Blitzer added. "Pizza, teriyaki, raspberry strudel - all a few days old, but we are in a barricade, so I suggest eating perishables first. Just take that staircase over there. They had those on your planet, right? Stairs?"

He's mocking Morgan because earlier she didn't know what a samoflange was. And if YOU know what a samoflange is and why that's funny, you're a nerd. I love you. <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff