Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
It's okay, whimsi. We can jump the gun together. XD

Congratz to all those who've hit 50k! =D

Today's Word: gargantuan
Sentence: Some of the shimmering ribbons hung low enough to entangle themselves in the city, drawing Morgan's attention to the gargantuan mess of briar and brambles covering what had once been smooth, futuristic contours.

Today's Word: discriminate
Sentence: He cast a discriminating eye over the group, lingering a bit on each one as if he could see their inner worth.

A simple sentence for a simple word. Though it really surprised me how hard it was to fit this one in. I think I subconsciously avoid using it. o_o

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
HiddenHijinx
Today's Word: vulcanize

It's either...
Another wrong redirection
Or wrong word...
What is the real 'word'? sweatdrop
btw, I love the Bonus Challenge prize!

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Today's Word: Mountebank
Sentence: He said that Old Gust will be of great help to our journey through the marsh. Coming from him, the man sounded like some creepy mountebank that lived by himself at a dangerous trench by the windy mountains.

=====
Today's Word: Harberdasher
Sentence: Aside from being a jack of all trades, Gust was also the excellent harberdasher of the royal family. What more can I say about him?

=====
Today's Word: Vulcanize
Sentence: I could almost hear Grand Wheat's voice lecturing me about the importance of the elasticity and dexterity of the gloves. He had told me once that using an un-vulcanized glove is worse than not using one.

=====
(and just in case...)
Today's Word: Gargantuan
Sentence: Saying that his collection is large will be an insult. And assorted will be an understatement. If only saying that it was gargantuan doesn't sound so awful, I could have said that at that very moment.
Noryoku Kiyama
Another wrong redirection...

The reason why this happens occasionally is because I
leave the link to the WotD page up and don't change
the name on the link. So the word updates on M-W, but
my name for the link doesn't, and then they don't match.

I can't always update at 12am, so sometimes I'm a
day behind on the front page until morning.

Good luck today, guys! I'm going to be a bit scarce;
I have a LOT to do here in the real, non-nanoing life
including but not limited to grocery shopping (I didn't
stock up appropriately pre-nano), and skating me
some roller derby. >D

Dapper Fatcat

I definitely dreamed about my characters last night. And one was all "Hey guys I'm gonna go off to use the word of the day now, I'll be back later 8D"

NaNo consumes my entire soul.

Shadowy Senshi

Today's Word: Gyre
Sentence: Out, floating on the water was a large gyre of flames

Sentence: If you understand how they vulcanize rubber, we’re working in a similar process but for metals.

Sentence: There in the light Xairyn could see a circle of people, either standing or sitting around the gargantuan blaze.

I should be all caught up with those last 3! Now I just need to write until I leave the house for the night. Had such a lazy day today, feel like such a slacker emo

Dapper Fatcat

Sentence: The heat of the flames, normally hot enough to even vulcanize rubber, flew right past him without so much as a scorch mark.

Sentence: “It’s huge!” He exclaimed, amending his statement almost immediately, “No, huge isn’t a big enough word to describe this place. This is gargantuan!”

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Today's Word: gargantuan
Sentence: In Spanish we discussed a project that counted for a gargantuan part of our Spanish grade; you would fail Spanish if you blew it off.
Sentence: Anise hit Willow upside the head with a piece of vulcanized rubber. "No, vulcanize does not mean to turn someone into a Vulcan you damn trekkie!"

Sentence: My girlfriend bought a gargantuan Voltron toy today. It has five lions that turn into the giant robot form.

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
HiddenHijinx

I was just like (o.O) when I saw it.
It was already 19 here when I clicked it so I was like "ok, the date is correct...the word...not so much" then I realized that it would only be the night of the 18th for some.
That was when confusion engulfed my sense of reasoning and my brain went blank.
But nonetheless, I still used both. ^^;

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Hey! I hit 50k and posted it! Where's my red highlight?

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
ZaiaFantasy
Hey! I hit 50k and posted it! Where's my red highlight?
Have you posted the form at the first page? Use it to let Hijinx know you had reached 50k already.

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Today's Word: Garganuan
Sentence: "Fine, have it your way." the head priest sneered, curling his upper lip in a way that suggested he'd smelled bad food. "Everything you read is accurate. The Divine Pair is everything you say and we've kept things this way for your own good. We kept you in ignorance." The blow to Carlotta was gargantuan, sending her mind reeling. To hear him confess was not something she'd ever expected.

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
I, [ZaiaFantasy], have made it to 50,000 words!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff