Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am so impressed, guys!

Bonus Round Winners:

Kiri, Mori, Morse, Nory, Whimsy, Ren, and Zaia...

I've used a random number generator to determine who gets which prizes.
I did not judge as harshly for usage as I have the normal WotD, due to
sheer volume of words, and I did give time frame leniency. You guys
deserve a little wiggle room for all the hard work you did.

If any regular WotD submissions were missed in the large influx of
thread posts, please let me know and I will make the appropriate
updates, but to my best ability we are now updated.

Winners, expect gifts coming your way.

AND, a big congrats to our first 50ker!

Shadowy Senshi

Thank you for the prize Hijinx =D And congrats to all the other bonus challenge winners! I will equip it when my avatar creator decides to work, as it fails half of the time these days sweatdrop

Got another day of school work ahead of me, but I'm determined to get past 30k tonight. Finally on the downward slope. The hopefully easier downward slope...

Revered Nerd

Hijinx
Thank you for the item, although my name is missing from the list.

Also vulcanize. gonk My land does not have any rubber. This word is going to be very hard to use.
But I will bounce back like vulcanized rubber.That does not count by any chance does it?

Dapper Fatcat

Vulcanize? Really M-W? D<

And thank you for the lovely prize, Hijinx <3 And congrats to everyone!

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Today's Word: vulcanize
Sentence: Hardly any tires were vulcanized anymore as cars were an antiquity but occasionally new products were created using the old process.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/zaiafantasy/novels/the-time-of-twins - over 50k reached! Thank God for voice recognition software. I'm so early!

Revered Nerd

Today's Word: Vulcanize
Sentence: “It is sap from a tree in the southern continent.” Pawnrig said as he held out a square of the sap that had much the same properties as vulcanized rubber.

I fit it in, thanks to Pawnrig and some of his funky items that he keeps around.

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Today's Word:vulcanize
Sentence: I wonder how scientists figured out how to vulcanize plastic, giving it more stable and strong.

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
R`e`n
Vulcanize? Really M-W? D<

And thank you for the lovely prize, Hijinx <3 And congrats to everyone!

I have to admit, using that word put my character off track.

Revered Nerd

I, [Whimsicaldreamer], have made it to 50,000100,000 words!

that is the second 50k that I was aiming for.
Whoops! Sorry I missed you on that list, Whimsy.
At least I remembered to send you your prize! x_x
I'm one tired schmuck these days...

1st page updated! mrgreen

Shadowy Senshi

I'm starting to forget which ones I've done again, time to comb through old posts. But these for sure have not been posted yet!

Today's Word: haberdasher
Sentence: But important none the less. It was written by this hermit bibliophage who lives up in the mountains. Most people saw him as a haberdasher of sorts.

Today's Word: Mountebank
Sentence: It was during this period of turmoil that Jude wrote his musing that earned him the title of mountebank. They were so extravagant that they were unbelievable. So strange and twisted and no one wanted to acknowledge their possible truth.

Today's Word: Tramontane
Sentence: But after three weeks of his two demons being at war with one another there was a terrible explosion at Jude’s tramontane cottage. His writings were destroyed, Jude’s body was found in the ashes and his demons were never seen or heard of again.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Today's Word: vulcanize
Sentence: Hetta's spirit was rubber, vulcanized through years of slogging through the lowest of trenches. What emerged was softer than steel but more durable in its own way. It wiggled, bent, adapted.

I like when I'm typing along and suddenly decide, "Oh hey, let's thrown in a WotD, even though it really has no relevance to this moment." That's what metaphors are for! (>^_^)>

Revered Nerd

Hijinx
No harm was done. 'Tis ok.

Da Flea
And that is a great way to use the WotD.

Revered Nerd

Today's Word: Gargantuan
Sentence:“Now that we have that gargantuan step out of the way can we work on getting you to work in the morning?” Ian said as he walked up behind her and earned a backhand from her surprise.

I know you have not posted the word yet but I do not know if I will be able to once you have and since the website posted it already. I thought I would do it now.
Also I feel like I am time traveling because it is not yet the 19th for me.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I, [Psychotic Maniacal Sanity], have made it to 50,000 words!

... Now to do some serious M-W catch-up. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces