Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kiri: Ren was right, I just didn't update word
counts yeterday. Real life is a b***h sometimes...

Flea: ... is that a Thundercats reference?! rofl

Annnnnd, updated.

Revered Nerd

Today's Word: strudel
Sentence: “I brought you apple strudel.” The woman said holding out the dish that held the fruit pastry to Clara.

Shadowy Senshi

Today's Word: Strudel
Sentence: “How about I run down to the corner store and get you a strudel. I’m sure it will make the giant wound that’s oozing puss from your chest feel better.”

Today's Word: Elucidate
Sentence: “Let me quickly elucidate things for you.” He went on, “We know the awkward position you’re in with your charge, we know that you’re under heavy surveillance of the authority and we know that you’re being kept in the dark. All we want to do is open you up to Enlightenment.”

I should have made Enlightenment mean to have your eyes burnt from their sockets, but I feel like this story is dark enough as it is...
Sentence: Willow was pleased to be introduced to new human-type foods. When given an apple-filled strudel, she bit straight into it and savored the flaky, sweet morsel.

Today's Word:Elucidate
Sentence: "Let me elucidate this a bit clearer for you." Anise said, approaching Jake. She twisted the golden ring off of her left ring finger and threw it at his face. "I AM NOT STAYING WITH YOU."

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Sentence: Danielle takes out a pastry that I identified as a strawberry flavored strudel.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
HiddenHijinx
Flea: ... is that a Thundercats reference?! rofl

It is, indeed. xd

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Sentence: It was a kind of uneven bread that looks like a strudel but thicker and smaller. It was really hard to describe in words especially when I'm whetting just by thinking of it.

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tasty!

Sentence: Her sweet voice and the smell of strudel cooking in the oven was a perfect combination, that brushed away the lingering nightmares and put a real smile back on their faces.

Today's Word: elucidate
Sentence: Philip, of course, didn’t seem to have any intention of actually being the one to tell her, so later that evening, John went to the cabin she had chosen and calmly sat down and elucidated the facts for her. Or rather, tried to, for once she got over her initial shock she began barraging him with questions that he barely even understood much less held the answers to.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Today's Word: onomatopoeia
Sentence:
"Next you'll be correcting me on my use of simile, metaphor and, uh..."
"Onomatopoeia?" she offered.
"No, I went before we left."

Hope this counts, cause I really have no idea how else I'd fit it in. XD

Today's Word: ziggurat
Sentence: On the hill stood a temple of cosmic spiritualism, a ziggurat built of crystal, metal and synthetic materials Morgan wouldn't even know the names of. Its surface swirled in black and white like marble rye, and at its summit glowed a disc, a yin-yang symbol that spun and rotated while thin, neon hoops passed around it - an atom with Harmony at its core.

This is awkward and terrible, but at least it fits the word in. >_>

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Sentence:
Carlotta's tone was honeyed sweet, like strudel, when she spoke to the priest. It belied the look on her face.

Also: today's word of splenetic:

Only now did they see the splenetic truth behind the priest's magnanimous facade. Only when he was truly afraid for his standing did his cruel nature show through.

(M-W you suck! This is futuristic freakin Earth! We don't bake strudel anymore!)
All updated! :]

Revered Nerd

Today's Word: splenetic
Sentence: She could still feel the splenetic aura that had surrounded the man, the feeling that had made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up and told her to run.

Dapper Fatcat

Sentence: They could smell the freshly baking strudel radiated from a bakery before they even made it into the town, and while normally that would have had at least a couple people up in arms about obtaining some of it, after a day like this it was hard to think of pastries.

Today's Word: Splenetic
Sentence: The atmosphere around them was splenetic at best, and Calyne wished he could be in any other place than this right now.

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Today's Word: Splenetic
Sentence: "I don't mean to be harsh on you, Ear. I was merely telling you to stop and reason things out. You can't just let your emotions dictate your actions." Lace said after her splenetic out roar earlier about my bold deed.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
I, Da Flea, have made it to 50,000 words!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff