STEP 2: BUY STRANGE CLOTHES 0.062831497348021 6.3% [ 154 ]
STEP 3: WHINE ABOUT HOW OPPRESSED YOU ARE 0.11015911872705 11.0% [ 270 ]
STEP 4: ???????? 0.37413300693594 37.4% [ 917 ]
STEP 5: PROFIT! 0.33741330069359 33.7% [ 827 ]
Total Votes:[ 2451 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 339 340 341 > >> >>> »|

PirateEire
Patashu
IS there an elemental weapon of ether at all?

Maybe the trick is that you'd have to be Wiccan to know one exists.

...Unless it really does exist! ninja

Axioma
Now, now, no spoilers.
Oh. Sorry. XD Want I should delete?
Kalyani Srijoi
Lysia
Kalyani Srijoi

8. The Great Rite - Sex. You heard me. The Great Rite is ritualized sex between a man and a woman, in imitation of the Lord and Lady. People tend to think this is disgusting or wrong, though why they think that is anyone's guess. This act is symbolized by plunging the athame (a dagger) into the chalice, which is occasionally used in place of the real act for a variety of reasons.

I KNEW there was a reason Wiccans are always so smug!

It's nearly enough for me to have a mysterious epiphany ninja

Hee.

I can't help but feel like I should change that one a little. I imagine people will jump to conclusions and think FOMG LOL, EVIL SEX CULT. Which is their opinion, but I'd rather they form that opinion through actual thought instead of the typical knee-jerk reaction.

You mean its not an evil sex cult? Damn it. I will no longer defend the religion because at least with the evil sex cult thing, it looked halfway interesting. Thank you very much for ruining my view on it. talk2hand
Darin Rosewood
PirateEire
Patashu
IS there an elemental weapon of ether at all?

Maybe the trick is that you'd have to be Wiccan to know one exists.

...Unless it really does exist! ninja

Axioma
Now, now, no spoilers.
Oh. Sorry. XD Want I should delete?
Naw, it's probably fine. It'll likely still go way over any fluffy's head.

5,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I would like to know which of Gardners books to search trough at least though. It'll still be pleny of effort from my side to get the knowledge, right?
any1 who dares to say anything negative about this topic.......shall regret it....."those who suffer cannot sleep for a while, but those who inflict pain are restless" I will state that I am Christian. I have a Wiccan friend. Good for you guys.....nice topic xd

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Are discordants (Worshippers of Eris, Goddess of strife) Pagan?
washu_2004

If they want to be, I suppose.

Profitable Sex Symbol

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
very cool although ive never seen this in the past i woulda loved to have seen stupid bible clutchers argue this not that they would have to clutch the bible but you get the idea you call hem fluffy?

any who i was sad not to see any one argueing this it woulda been funny

and my moms a wicca i think i should tell her about this
Nuri
washu_2004

If they want to be, I suppose.

Fnord. scream

800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I manlove the OP of this thread.

Thanks for bringing some truth to a place like gaia.
shadowtwist2
very cool although ive never seen this in the past i woulda loved to have seen stupid bible clutchers argue this not that they would have to clutch the bible but you get the idea you call hem fluffy?

any who i was sad not to see any one argueing this it woulda been funny

and my moms a wicca i think i should tell her about this

By all means.

I'd love to discuss the matter with her, if she'd be willing. I'd especially like some feedback on the recent section on magic, since my knowledge of it is, of course, somewhat limited.

5,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Just something I feel I should tell...
The links in the first post don't lead anywhere. At least not for me.
Duncan_the_Soulknight
Just something I feel I should tell...
The links in the first post don't lead anywhere. At least not for me.

Really.

I'll check that. Thank you very much.

8,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
This might be a bit of a stretch for some of you on here. But if any of you have ever bothered to watch videos about Wicca on youtube...it's full of misconceptions.

I was thinking one day to make a video trying to teach these people, but I don't think I'm really that edcuated enough.

So the reason I said this might be a bit of a stretch is because I was thinking if someone could make a video and post it on youtube to try and help teach these people...well...that'd be pretty cool. >.>

I was once told by someone on Gaia that at least reaching the truth to one person was a step forwards. Youtube is massive and...well I think bringing this kind of thread in video form there would be a large step to bringing out the truth about Wicca to those who only know what they've read in books.

I'm curious, if this is a good suggestion?
Kojima Michiyo
This might be a bit of a stretch for some of you on here. But if any of you have ever bothered to watch videos about Wicca on youtube...it's full of misconceptions.

I was thinking one day to make a video trying to teach these people, but I don't think I'm really that edcuated enough.

So the reason I said this might be a bit of a stretch is because I was thinking if someone could make a video and post it on youtube to try and help teach these people...well...that'd be pretty cool. >.>

I was once told by someone on Gaia that at least reaching the truth to one person was a step forwards. Youtube is massive and...well I think bringing this kind of thread in video form there would be a large step to bringing out the truth about Wicca to those who only know what they've read in books.

I'm curious, if this is a good suggestion?

I've watched a few of the videos, and they don't deal with the misconceptions presented in this thread. We have two types generally: Wiccans or those knowledgable on Wicca debunking the religion for fluffies, and the other type, (usually) fluffies telling Christians (and others) that Wicca isn't evil and is a nature worshipping peaceful faith and other assorted stuff.

Thing is, with less real, genuine Wiccans about than fluffies, any action on their part would still be as difficult as it is getting fluffies on Gaia to listen to the truth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff