H: Bazz-B 0.12464589235127 12.5% [ 44 ]
I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Romantic Lunatic

Thought: If Aizen's been stalking Ichigo his whole life, then he'd know about his Quincy heritage?

Just putting that out there before he gets used again as walking, talking Plot Device.

EDIT: whoops just re-watched the part where the line "you are human and-" happened...

Still..

Then Isshin takes off and Aizen makes a comment about his lineage. ch398

Dangerous Sex Symbol

lolinterruptingaizen

Hilarious Regular

So, wait, is this thing a Vasto Lorde or an incomplete Arrancar? Neither of them had a closed hole, so is this supposed to be something else entirely?
Then again, we've never seen the what a Vasto Lorde is supposed to look like, only what the anime showed Harribel to look like.

Yui Ichijo's Husbando

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Ehhh..
Aizen was probably experimenting on it.. He first tried to turn shinigami into hollows right? Now he's trying to make hollows into shinigami.. Or I guess arrancars?
//shrug

Dangerous Sex Symbol

At first glance, it's a different being altogether.
A Hollow is a being that lost it's heart, and the hole symbolizes that.

This "Hollow" seems to have a literal heart beating where it's hole would be.

Romantic Lunatic

@ Shirosaki: yep...

and there's going to be some reason he discontinued this line of research.

Maybe the 2 part didn't mesh and it caused problems (it being it wasn't the hollows real heart) or it became something he couldn't control, was incoherent or the type of power was unstable.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Nice chap! I really love Masaki's attitude. Totally reminds me of Ichigo. That explains where he gets it from. XD

That hollow obviously resembles the one that Ichigo became on the Dome in HM. I wonder how it passes on to him. The Fullbringers had powers because their parents were attacked by hollows right?

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Masaki's a bit of a badass...
Shirosaki
Masaki's a bit of a badass...

I know right! Who would thought of her being a badass, but I still liked to know how did she die?
Well at least now we know how Ichigo got his Fullbringer potential. And even if it's a long overdue retroactive fix for it, for the first time we've actually been given a legitimate scenario to explain Aizen's life long surveillance of Ichigo.
M a h z a l a
Nice chap! I really love Masaki's attitude. Totally reminds me of Ichigo. That explains where he gets it from. XD

That hollow obviously resembles the one that Ichigo became on the Dome in HM. I wonder how it passes on to him. The Fullbringers had powers because their parents were attacked by hollows right?

Agreed, Masaki made a gutsy move and did it with style. We need more scenes like this. Yes, and Kubo has already made it more than obvious where his "Vizard" powers came from. After all, if memory serves right, his original Bankai use to fire blue-colored Getsuga Tenshou a lot like his shikai until he became more in tune with his Hollow powers, which than changed to the black color that has become his staple. But now this only raises the question: if this was Hollow was indeed made from a shinigami, who was this shinigami in particular?

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
This was a pretty interesting chapter this week, and kinda has me raising further questions about Ichigo's spiritual origins or let alone Zangetsu's origin. This Vasto Lorde hollow apparently was created from the soul of a Shinigami, initial attempts at Arrancars perhaps? Either way "White" bares a striking resemblance to both Shirosaki and possibly Zangetsu, and seeing how he was killed when he struck Masaki kinda raises some questions; err the possibility of a lingering part of White somehow making his way to Ichigo's soul ala Ventus//Sora style?

Regarding with what Nimayia said about the Asauchi being the base creation of all Zanpakuto, and Ichigo achieving one without an Asauchi is unconventional, let alone impossible. I had a theory posted here a while back with some speculation regarding Zangetsu's nature.

GalavantMan
Though I'm not going to get into the whole Ichigo being part Vasto lorde product origin theory yet; but undeniably this Vasto Lorde and rain theme does exhibit some connection to Zangetsu//Hollow Ichigo.

But something raised my suspicion in how a Shinigami needs an asauchi first to obtain a Zanpakuto. If you want to talk about the origin and true nature of Ichigo's abilities he acquired Shinigamification through Hollowification first, and compared to his Shinigami Peer's his Bankai is rather unique and in essence Zangetsu and it's Bankai seems somewhat more akin to that of an Arrancar's Zanpakuto and their Ressureccion. Seemingly more so considering that Arrancars don't necessarily seem to use Asauchi either, Zanpakuto's are an embodiment of their prior Hollow forms and abilities prior to gaining a humanoid appearance via Hollowification. It could be possible that Zangetsu share more in common with Arrancar zanpakutos rather than Shinigami ones?

Events of this chapter kinda adds a little more to that possibility.

13,815 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Person of Interest 200
maybe the shinigami was Kaname's friend that "died"

Gambino Cultist

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
downy duckling
maybe the shinigami was Kaname's friend that "died"

I would say that is false seeing how he joined the Gotei 13 after she was killed. But then again, this is Aizen we are talking about and anything is possible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff