J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Unohana looks mad enticing when she's in badass mode. Also slightly creepy. ;O

Happy lunar new year, all~
Well then.

Kubo was almost reaching "THE HEART" levels when he made this.
So you mean to tell me that this bitches Bankai IS Minazuki?
Oh my god that's so anti-climactic
TheDrunkenApothecary II

I interpreted it as Unohana about to use her Bankai or just using a form of it. The last couple chapters also reeked heavily of everything being either an illusion or a delusion. Kenpachi's trippy statements of consciousness and dreaming about their conversations seem to hint that. It's probably referencing that whole fighting someone so hard that you can read each other's minds.

I wouldn't be surprised if next chapter, we'll have Kenpachi waking up and Unohana being perfectly fine greeting him.

Basically, it was all a dream.

Winner

I always felt like Kenpachi's zanpakuto ( or at least his character somewhat ) had a relation to the Gashadokuro which is basically a giant walking skeleton that bites off heads and it's only warning of approach is a whistling noise. Plus, it's a ghost in legend that represents those who died by famine in poor areas. With how Kenpachi wears those bells to tip off people he's fighting and when his reiatsu had that skull-shaped form in that battle with Ichigo, I had that thought but this chapter gave yet another nice reference to it. Dem bones~

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
It was nice to see Unohana use bankai finally. So many fans were waiting for this event. XD

Though is it just me or did this chapter seem rushed? emotion_donotwant

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
TheDrunkenApothecary II
I figured that it was Minazuki from the start.
Something that big can't be just a plain Shikai.
Unless this proves to be an illusion, then she might have something else.

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
M a h z a l a
It was nice to see Unohana use bankai finally. So many fans were waiting for this event. XD

Though is it just me or did this chapter seem rushed? emotion_donotwant
I think it was rushed because Kubo was suffering from the flu for a while. He might have just gotten better in time to make the latest chapter.
Simply Rolla
TheDrunkenApothecary II
I figured that it was Minazuki from the start.
Something that big can't be just a plain Shikai.
Unless this proves to be an illusion, then she might have something else.

It's a bit of a let down regardless imo.
I wanted to see the greatest extent of minazuki.

I mean..it being her bankai is fine but at least do it some justice.

Well..at least we know it's malicious form is just ungodly amounts of acid (that do or don't heal people...I can't tell tbh)
Amotry
I always felt like Kenpachi's zanpakuto ( or at least his character somewhat ) had a relation to the Gashadokuro which is basically a giant walking skeleton that bites off heads and it's only warning of approach is a whistling noise. Plus, it's a ghost in legend that represents those who died by famine in poor areas. With how Kenpachi wears those bells to tip off people he's fighting and when his reiatsu had that skull-shaped form in that battle with Ichigo, I had that thought but this chapter gave yet another nice reference to it. Dem bones~

Not to mention that he is from the poorest and roughest area in Soul Society.

M a h z a l a
Though is it just me or did this chapter seem rushed?

They're all rushed.

TheDrunkenApothecary II
It's a bit of a let down regardless imo.

You can say that again.
So then what exactly was taught or learned about "The Art of Killing" from this random aside? Was "The Art of Killing" just that she got him to stop holding back a bit? If anything you'd think this whole climax to his life would just make him hold back even more since he'd probably be under the impression that he'll never have another even match again. Plus, who is there for him to fight anyhow? He can't fight Bach, that's Ichigo's job. For all the build up Kubo tried to put into this idea of Zaraki finally realizing his full potential, it doesn't seem like Kubo actually has any kind of end all destination in mind for this subplot.

Romantic Lunatic

So messed up, that release. eek Very creepy, but cool, the whole initial panel.

Something that popped up in my head was: what with her healing and stuff, her zanpakutou release could let her fight to the death... but not die.

Also we should have known that Kubo would make her character something like this.. as soon as the fans dubbed her "Captain Mom" she was doomed (as one of Kubo's characters) to be messed up.. he's not so good with families/or anything resembling the like.

Maybe this is also why Yamamoto kept her from the main fights.. either to keep her chill or to make sure he something badass in reserve.
Nice one, PotionsPet.

Gimp, I've missed your literary analysis; your view makes so much sense, man.

Yui Ichijo's Husbando

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Lol, and here we are back at the same position as the last chapter release
Unohana receives a fatal blow. Find out whether she lives or dies by tuning in next week!
I'd assume she's dead, but that's what I thought last week pff-

Lovely bankai, I just wish we knew more about its power

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
The Man in the Gimp Suit
So then what exactly was taught or learned about "The Art of Killing" from this random aside? Was "The Art of Killing" just that she got him to stop holding back a bit? If anything you'd think this whole climax to his life would just make him hold back even more since he'd probably be under the impression that he'll never have another even match again. Plus, who is there for him to fight anyhow? He can't fight Bach, that's Ichigo's job. For all the build up Kubo tried to put into this idea of Zaraki finally realizing his full potential, it doesn't seem like Kubo actually has any kind of end all destination in mind for this subplot.
Nononono...

I understand it now. Kenpachi got his rocks off by Fighting not Killing. Kenpachi loves to prolong fights by weakening himself, as seen by his eye patch and the bells he used to wear in his hair. The point of this was for Kenpachi to figure out that Killing is more fun than Fighting.

As for who he's meant to fight... well, Ichigo will take down Juha Bach, that's a given, but it was shown that his subordinate was far beyond Ichigo since he just broke his Bankai without trying. My guess is that Kenpachi will fight against him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff