G: Liltotto Lamperd 0.045325779036827 4.5% [ 16 ]
H: Bazz-B 0.12464589235127 12.5% [ 44 ]
I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Gasp. Ichigo and Zangetsu are the same person.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
I really want to know about this special "baby-producing" gigai.

sweatdrop

Quote:
Good to see it's back..If there's one thing a fangirl's good at, it's contemplating a fictional character's personal life (and how it would work).

Agreed. mrgreen

Romantic Lunatic

M a h z a l a
I really want to know about this special "baby-producing" gigai.

sweatdrop

Quote:
Good to see it's back..If there's one thing a fangirl's good at, it's contemplating a fictional character's personal life (and how it would work).

Agreed. mrgreen

XD What I want to know is, if it's all in the gigai.. was this a feature Urahara included in the design... or was this something he made him bring up.. I would love to see the scene where that topic came up. Whether it's Isshin asking or Urahara pointing out all the "special" features. cat_rofl

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
So, here's my take on how this is going:

Ichigo is so freakishly strong because his parents were attacked by a Vasto Lorde.
Because they were attacked by the ultimate form of a Hollow, Ichigo's Fullbring powers were immense.
And combined with his Shinigami and Quincy heritage, it was like a super-powered cocktail.
That... actually makes a bit sense, now... I'm glad that Kubo is giving an actual reason as to why Ichigo is so strong, rather than it just being his main protagonist-granted might.

Romantic Lunatic

Ohmaigosh.

Everything in this chapter.

Plus younger Ryuken

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Hm...
That hollow looks a tad familiar.
emotion_awesome

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Wow, Kubo is such a romantic. I bet Ryuken ended up with that maid instead. cool

And seriously, Ryuken to marry Masaki? I called that a while ago. XD

And that was a seriously dramatic way of saying you need to use the bathroom. But this is Isshin after all. xd

And once and for all I think we can conclude that Orihime is much like Masaki.
Not that it has anything to do with Ichigos love life. Gosh. She is so adorable and bubbly. 4laugh

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
That Hollow looks too damn familiar. I swear, if by some strange, freaky coincidence...I mean, how the hell does this work? What, was Ichigo a byproduct of this Vasto-Lorde or something? Giant hole in the chest, same mask, and the same, if I dare say smaller...?...horns. It's Ichigo's freaking Arrancar-like Hollow form. Is this going to explain why he was able to attain that form at all? Or can all Vizard attain such a form? And if we bring up this Hollow business...does this mean Ichigo's Hollow may have some significance in the story again?? You know, since it seems as if it magically doesn't exist anymore...

But honestly...I am disappointed all over again. I promise, unless some serious BS, like the Fullbringers, reappears, I'm not leaving this time. But I'm disappointed because...I don't believe this zanpakuto crap. If zanpakuto are supposed to be a part of a Shinigami, why doesn't Ichigo communicate more often with Zangetsu? Why is it that since Ichigo regained his powers, we haven't seen Zangetsu? And if his Hollow "is Zangetsu", why haven't we seen it, either? Not to mention there was something related to it during the Fullbringer arc. If all of these hints are being slapped around, I hope we discover just what the hell is going on, here.

Though, I am probably just a disappointed and tired Bleach fan rambling and hating. This is the last arc. All of the questions should be answered...

...right?

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Though I'm not going to get into the whole Ichigo being part Vasto lorde product origin theory yet; but undeniably this Vasto Lorde and rain theme does exhibit some connection to Zangetsu//Hollow Ichigo.

But something raised my suspicion in how a Shinigami needs an asauchi first to obtain a Zanpakuto. If you want to talk about the origin and true nature of Ichigo's abilities he acquired Shinigamification through Hollowification first, and compared to his Shinigami Peer's his Bankai is rather unique and in essence Zangetsu and it's Bankai seems somewhat more akin to that of an Arrancar's Zanpakuto and their Ressureccion. Seemingly more so considering that Arrancars don't necessarily seem to use Asauchi either, Zanpakuto's are an embodiment of their prior Hollow forms and abilities prior to gaining a humanoid appearance via Hollowification. It could be possible that Zangetsu share more in common with Arrancar zanpakutos rather than Shinigami ones?

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
GalavantMan
Though I'm not going to get into the whole Ichigo being part Vasto lorde product origin theory yet; but undeniably this Vasto Lorde and rain theme does exhibit some connection to Zangetsu//Hollow Ichigo.

But something raised my suspicion in how a Shinigami needs an asauchi first to obtain a Zanpakuto. If you want to talk about the origin and true nature of Ichigo's abilities he acquired Shinigamification through Hollowification first, and compared to his Shinigami Peer's his Bankai is rather unique and in essence Zangetsu and it's Bankai seems somewhat more akin to that of an Arrancar's Zanpakuto and their Ressureccion. Seemingly more so considering that Arrancars don't necessarily seem to use Asauchi either, Zanpakuto's are an embodiment of their prior Hollow forms and abilities prior to gaining a humanoid appearance via Hollowification. It could be possible that Zangetsu share more in common with Arrancar zanpakutos rather than Shinigami ones?

That's exactly what I mean, really. It wouldn't be so confusing if it weren't for the fact that we have recently seen both Tensa Zangetsu and Hollow Ichigo while Ichigo was in Bankai...
That rain connection, too. Zangetsu hated the rain...

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Lenighma
GalavantMan

That's exactly what I mean, really. It wouldn't be so confusing if it weren't for the fact that we have recently seen both Tensa Zangetsu and Hollow Ichigo while Ichigo was in Bankai...
That rain connection, too. Zangetsu hated the rain...

It kinda answered some questions about the Shinigami status thing, before I used to think of both Shinigami and Hollows the opposite outcome of what happens to a being of spiritual potential, lot two sides of the same coin in death. But apparently all Zanpakuto's (well Shinigami's anyway) are molded and accustomed to their own unique reiatsu from an Asauchi (lit a blank sword). The fact Nimayia knows every Asauchi and owner in existence just raises more questions about Zangetsu's existence since he wasn't formed from one. It also might have a connection to Isshin loosing Engetsu and it's possible connection to Zangetsu.

Problem being Kubo just let all these neat concepts and unanswered questions out in the wind for far too long to be as substantial when he finally gets around to answering them.
Cookies to any and all who had called Masaki being a Quincy and/or having connections with the Ishida family. I concede this round of speculations to you.
GalavantMan

In what way is Ichigo's zanpakuto more akin to the arrancar and not shinigami? If all you're going off of is the fact that neither Ichigo nor arrancar use asauchi then that wouldn't add up to anything. Arrancar don't use them because their power and that of the shinigami manifest in different ways and derive from different sources, and Ichigo does not use one because he's not a traditional shinigami to begin with.

Yui Ichijo's Husbando

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
doc olden
GalavantMan

In what way is Ichigo's zanpakuto more akin to the arrancar and not shinigami? If all you're going off of is the fact that neither Ichigo nor arrancar use asauchi then that wouldn't add up to anything. Arrancar don't use them because their power and that of the shinigami manifest in different ways and derive from different sources, and Ichigo does not use one because he's not a traditional shinigami to begin with.

Not necessarily, the Asauchi thing was the most glaring concern that bugged me about Ichigo's Zangetsu being relatively non conventional for a Shinigami zanpakuto; despite Nimaiya saying it's literally impossible for a Shinigami to release their Zanpakuto without an asauchi. Mostly because among the references Nimaiya had among saying the Asauchi//Zanpakuto he can pinpoint he didn't acknowledged Arrancars, beings who like Ichigo also wield zanpakuto of non traditional shinigami origin. It was explained before that arrancar zanpukto (with the exception of Lily and Stark), are in-fact the embodiment of their Spiritual//hollow form and abilities in a sealed sword form. Something that probably lacks the same spiritual entity that a normal zanpakuto has; in essence what Ichigo's Zangetsu has probably become now.

Given the words about Ichigo having to know where "His roots lie" and the appearance of this what I'm assuming to be a Vasto Lorde (who looks mighty similar to Hollow Ichigo), can cross out the possibility of Ichigo's shinigami abilities being connected to his Quincy abilities since they were completely inactive until his fight with Kirge.

Aside from that I have been poking at this fairly since the Cero Obscuras simularity to Getsuga Tenshou though all of them are irrelevant coincidences at the time. In essence Getsuga Tenshou is not that far from being Ichigo's equivalent of a Cero. More or less Black Getsuga Tenshou itself, a technique originally displayed by Hollow Ichigo, that being said because of it's dark nature and appearance it was never clearly distinct in determining if the version of that technique was originally belonging to Zangetsu's or to Hollow Ichigo, who in essence is also Zangetsu? Also leaves me to question about how why that Ichigo's Zangetsu and Isshin's Engetsu has the exact same abilities?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff