Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Genius

8,250 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Champion 300
I know this guy who has the most gorgeous singing voice. All of the girls fall in love as soon as he sings one note, and all of the guys are jealous of his gift. He is incredibly skilled with his voice; it literally makes you melt.

His mother is deaf. She has never heard his voice, and probably never will.

Sexy Turtle

Dream of Rain
I know this guy who has the most gorgeous singing voice. All of the girls fall in love as soon as he sings one note, and all of the guys are jealous of his gift. He is incredibly skilled with his voice; it literally makes you melt.

His mother is deaf. She has never heard his voice, and probably never will.

But she should be proud of him. <3User Image

Shameless Genius

8,250 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Champion 300
Black Lust Perfume

But she should be proud of him. <3User Image
I'm sure she is ; n; <3

Lonely Loiterer

I met one that was a co-worker of my friend's.
He can speak English but he has trouble since he can't tell how he sounds or how he's pronouncing things and stuff, and he can't tell his pitch either.
But he can read lips.
My friend Robert was like "Yeah, everyone shouts at him like he can hear them if they're louder, and I don't even talk. I just move my lips like I am talking."
He was such a nice guy.

11,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I took two ASL courses when I first started college. I didn't use the language at all in recent years though and don't really remember much at all. I'll definitely use some of the sites you suggested (aslpro, etc).

Thanks for the valuable info! heart
it's a lot easier to communicate with people these days..
I can't really say too much about deaf people outside of my boyfriend and his "Hear what he wants to hear" syndrome, but mute people are usually the types I have appear.
I work at a pharmacy, but it's harder for deaf people for sure, as where a mute person usually has a better time communicating with a pen and paper or even a cellphone.

Anxious Kitten

7,500 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I have a deaf brother. I think ASL language is very beautiful & expressive. smile
I'm Deaf xD i serious...Lol
but my all family hearing..i'm alone! so sux... *faceplam* confused

Sexy Turtle

DarkenDragoonX2

You are not alone, Im Deaf with Hearing family.User Image

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I think deaf people are good people. Although they can't hear, they can achieve anything.

Party Member

DarkenDragoonX2
User Image

How do they communicate with you? As long as the language barrier is lowered, you aren't alone. Also, why don't you look for Deaf meet-ups in your area?

The only 2 deaf people I've met were able to read lips.

Dapper Gawker

They're people, although I've heard that the deaf community can be pretty hard on the deaf who have hearing aids of some sort.

I probably already posted in here before, but my baby brother is deaf. He was born with Waardenburg Syndrome, and one of its common symptoms is being deaf. His mom has the same syndrome, but she fortunately was only deaf in one ear. I can tell you that he's such an adorable baby. I was sad to hear he was deaf, but he's very happy and goofy (and quiet).

Sexy Turtle

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces