I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Dapper Phantom

Madelhari
Desideraht
Madelhari
Desideraht
I would say going for industrial and a conch is very tryhard.
BUT THEY'RE SO FLIPPIN' CUUUUTE.
classified_fu
Especially conch piercings. You can have like, a little star or heart directly in viiieewww. emotion_kirakira
Or you can get three and have a little group decoration like this~ whee
Aaaand that's a tad too feminine for my tastes. I would have to find a very special piece of jewelry if I wanted to do that. >.>
Sorry, I kind of went of on a fanboy spree over them and stopped trying to suggest for you. >w<
Industrials are manly, right? I mean instead of the barbels I think they have ends shaped like spikes or something.
Then there's just the anti-helix piercing, which I really prefer because it doesn't look at stand-outish as a tragus piercing (which I find funny lookin').
I just think industrial, like I said, is very tryhard. It looks like someone is trying very, very hard to be "edgy", imo. I don't try to judge them that way necessarily, but that is how it comes off, especially if they got it just because "it looks cool." With my piercings, I am attempting to create a design, so they all have a meaning, and important placement to me. Since industrial is not in my current design, getting it would be a matter of "peer pressure". I don't really like them aesthetically and they also don't feel sexy to touch or anything, in my opinion. I like the hoops-- they're titillating and alluring.

Believe it or not, despite my feelings about industrial, I actually do like tragus piercings. They're really small hoops a lot of the time. But I don't think I'd necessarily get any. If I do, it's well down the road. I really want to start my tattoos but I also want to get a cartilage on the other side so that I have them on both. Since piercings are cheaper than tats, I'm thinking of doing that first. I'm also very indecisive about what tattoo I want first. I can't get any chest pieces because I don't want surgery to cause stretching or anything, so I'm going to wait until post-op to pit anything on my torso. I'm still considering getting an ankh as my first tattoo-- I have four placement ideas-- but I'm just not sure. The placement ideas are: 1. On my left index finger 2. On the back of my left upper arm 3. On my big toe (not sure which) 4. On my left temple. I obviously can't get the temple one any time soon, as facial tattoos make it really damn hard to get work. The one on my finger can be easily covered with a band-aid, though many artists will decline from doing hand (or facial) tattoos for a person's first ink. The ankh on my arm is pretty big (like almost 4 inches) and that goes for most of my tattoo ideas. The little anhks (finger, toe, & temple) are presently the smallest tattoo ideas I have.

I don't want to go with giant gauges or anything like that. I see a lot of trans men get gauges, nose piercings, and eyebrow piercings. I think it's because these are all perceived as really masculine or something. Aside from the fact that I don't like the aesthetics of most of these, I also don't want to follow the "trend".

Kindly Lunatic

Desideraht
I just think industrial, like I said, is very tryhard. It looks like someone is trying very, very hard to be "edgy", imo. I don't try to judge them that way necessarily, but that is how it comes off, especially if they got it just because "it looks cool." With my piercings, I am attempting to create a design, so they all have a meaning, and important placement to me. Since industrial is not in my current design, getting it would be a matter of "peer pressure". I don't really like them aesthetically and they also don't feel sexy to touch or anything, in my opinion. I like the hoops-- they're titillating and alluring.

Believe it or not, despite my feelings about industrial, I actually do like tragus piercings. They're really small hoops a lot of the time. But I don't think I'd necessarily get any. If I do, it's well down the road. I really want to start my tattoos but I also want to get a cartilage on the other side so that I have them on both. Since piercings are cheaper than tats, I'm thinking of doing that first. I'm also very indecisive about what tattoo I want first. I can't get any chest pieces because I don't want surgery to cause stretching or anything, so I'm going to wait until post-op to pit anything on my torso. I'm still considering getting an ankh as my first tattoo-- I have four placement ideas-- but I'm just not sure. The placement ideas are: 1. On my left index finger 2. On the back of my left upper arm 3. On my big toe (not sure which) 4. On my left temple. I obviously can't get the temple one any time soon, as facial tattoos make it really damn hard to get work. The one on my finger can be easily covered with a band-aid, though many artists will decline from doing hand (or facial) tattoos for a person's first ink. The ankh on my arm is pretty big (like almost 4 inches) and that goes for most of my tattoo ideas. The little anhks (finger, toe, & temple) are presently the smallest tattoo ideas I have.

I don't want to go with giant gauges or anything like that. I see a lot of trans men get gauges, nose piercings, and eyebrow piercings. I think it's because these are all perceived as really masculine or something. Aside from the fact that I don't like the aesthetics of most of these, I also don't want to follow the "trend".
Hoops are definitely the best. I have one for my cartilage, but it became infected 'cause I was an idiot and forgot to sterilize the earring when I popped it back through the hole after it had kind of closed the first time. It was too hard to get in without shittons of pain. Now it's a stupid little stud again. ; -;

The feather tattoo you posted in that one thread for your forearm looked really rad. emotion_c8 I'd get that one, or an ankh on the back of your left arm would be a good choice. Just because of the finger and temple cons, and the fact that I have a thing against toes. a_a

I've noticed that too. I really like gauges and nose piercings, though. :c Eyebrow piercings have always struck me as very feminine.

Dapper Phantom

Madelhari
Desideraht

Hoops are definitely the best. I have one for my cartilage, but it became infected 'cause I was an idiot and forgot to sterilize the earring when I popped it back through the hole after it had kind of closed the first time. It was too hard to get in without shittons of pain. Now it's a stupid little stud again. ; -;

The feather tattoo you posted in that one thread for your forearm looked really rad. emotion_c8 I'd get that one, or an ankh on the back of your left arm would be a good choice. Just because of the finger and temple cons, and the fact that I have a thing against toes. a_a

I've noticed that too. I really like gauges and nose piercings, though. :c Eyebrow piercings have always struck me as very feminine.
Cartilage piercings are easy to get infected and when they DO get infected it can totally deform your ear. Mine looks fine so far and I'm not really going to take it out until it's healed. I just wiggle it a little when I wash it. Also unlike other piercings cartilage piercings need to be soaked in warm water or steam for 5-10 minutes, twice daily, and then cleaned.

My lip never closed but I did manually gauge it. It was a 16 and I just shoved a 14 through it, and it bled, lol. No infection or anything. When I told the piercer at the place I got my cartilage done she said I was very brave.
xd

I want the feather SO BAD but it's in a very visible area. I don't think it can be my first. TwT But yeah, that one, and the larger ankh, are the more expensive ones. I expect them to cost about $140 each, plus a fair tip. Some would say that is outrageously overpriced but I don't go with newbie artists, either. I do try to pick artists who have REALLY good portfolios. I don't want a single "botched" tattoo. I've seen people get tattoos cheap and it always looks bad.

Yeah, I know I want to put something on my toes, lol. And I also have tattoos planned for my feet but those hurt the worst so I don't want to start there.

I don't like nose piercings. I think it makes people look like barn animals. I like gauges on certain people. On others, it looks bad. I think I may have the right "look" for it, but gauges are hard to hide, too. As long as I'm in this shifty employment situation, I won't be doing it, and I don't think I'd ever go bigger than 0 gauges.

But yeah, I don't want to get ANY of the stereotypical "trans" bodymods, except I may get a trans symbol somewhere as a tattoo.

Kindly Lunatic

Desideraht
Cartilage piercings are easy to get infected and when they DO get infected it can totally deform your ear. Mine looks fine so far and I'm not really going to take it out until it's healed. I just wiggle it a little when I wash it. Also unlike other piercings cartilage piercings need to be soaked in warm water or steam for 5-10 minutes, twice daily, and then cleaned.

My lip never closed but I did manually gauge it. It was a 16 and I just shoved a 14 through it, and it bled, lol. No infection or anything. When I told the piercer at the place I got my cartilage done she said I was very brave.
xd

I want the feather SO BAD but it's in a very visible area. I don't think it can be my first. TwT But yeah, that one, and the larger ankh, are the more expensive ones. I expect them to cost about $140 each, plus a fair tip. Some would say that is outrageously overpriced but I don't go with newbie artists, either. I do try to pick artists who have REALLY good portfolios. I don't want a single "botched" tattoo. I've seen people get tattoos cheap and it always looks bad.

Yeah, I know I want to put something on my toes, lol. And I also have tattoos planned for my feet but those hurt the worst so I don't want to start there.

I don't like nose piercings. I think it makes people look like barn animals. I like gauges on certain people. On others, it looks bad. I think I may have the right "look" for it, but gauges are hard to hide, too. As long as I'm in this shifty employment situation, I won't be doing it, and I don't think I'd ever go bigger than 0 gauges.

But yeah, I don't want to get ANY of the stereotypical "trans" bodymods, except I may get a trans symbol somewhere as a tattoo.
It wasn't like INFECTED, but it was starting to become a little sore, so I switched to something easier to maneuver around and/or take out/put in if necessary. I'm tugging on it right now and it doesn't even hurt~

BUT IT'S SO COOL. Also; smart move. Cheap tattoos are...cheap.

Argh but why toes. They're such weird little...little nubs. emotion_donotwant

I love septum piercings. Bulls are badass. And bridge piercings are cute, if placed correctly. The only nose piercings I hate are those stupid little dots on a nostril. Especially when it's done with a hoop. emotion_puke
You'd look good with smaller gauges, definitely.

I'm definitely going to get a trans symbol tattooed when I can afford it. Probably on the inside of my hip.

Loiterer

User ImageJust got a phone call from the therapist I saw ~2 weeks a go. She is willing to write the letters I need to change the sex marker on my license and birth certificate. whee
That happens tomorrow!

Dapper Phantom

Went to the local PFLAG. It was a special trans night. We had a speaker, a post-op trans woman in her 50's. She looks AMAZING. Like she totally passes. She's really tall, though. And she looks really young for her age, I think, which is supposedly rare in trans women. Her story was great and she's just lovely. Kinda developed a harmless little crush on her. She said I was cute after the meeting, lol. <3 But yeah, at the group, the FtM who was scheduled to show up did not show up, so I kinda took his place. I'm glad I was there.

Aaaand:

User Image

My tiny chin-beard. I think this is the full extent of my decent facial hair. I don't really get any serious hair anywhere else yet.

Worked out today... it went alright, but I just ran/walked. I am REALLY out of shape, so I'm not really ready for the full routine yet. I'm going to keep running until my stamina is back up.

I also swear I had girls checking me out like all day. It was crazy, fairly unusual.

Also, I've been friendly with one of the bus drivers-- a guy in his 30's, I think-- and he said he might quite his job soon, so we exchanged contact info. We got talking about music, and it made me realize how badly I want to pursue this music hobby... But whenever I write an awesome melody in my head, I forget it. I really need a way to record my music in some written way, because it's just not practical to sing into a recorder every time I have a good idea.
Bornes
User ImageJust got a phone call from the therapist I saw ~2 weeks a go. She is willing to write the letters I need to change the sex marker on my license and birth certificate. whee
That happens tomorrow!

YAY SO HAPPY FOR YOU! biggrin
I can get my gender marker changed on my license, but am not going to bother until I get my name legally changed, too.
Desideraht
Went to the local PFLAG. It was a special trans night. We had a speaker, a post-op trans woman in her 50's. She looks AMAZING. Like she totally passes. She's really tall, though. And she looks really young for her age, I think, which is supposedly rare in trans women. Her story was great and she's just lovely. Kinda developed a harmless little crush on her. She said I was cute after the meeting, lol. <3 But yeah, at the group, the FtM who was scheduled to show up did not show up, so I kinda took his place. I'm glad I was there.

I thought you were leaving before it started? Either way, I'm glad you went/stayed/whatev too. Sounds like it was a great time. Reminds me that I should get my a** in gear and be more active in the community, too. Senior year is just kicking my a** already.

Quote:
Aaaand:

User Image

My tiny chin-beard. I think this is the full extent of my decent facial hair. I don't really get any serious hair anywhere else yet.

I love your tiny chin-beard! :3 Mine grew in about half in inch or so behind there, first, and spread out. I wish there was more on my chin, but I won't complain, I've turned into a hairy beast in the last few months.

Combative Punching Bag

8,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this thread is active at all, but I was just popping in to say hello. You may call me Void, because I don't really like people know too much about me. I see gender in a very wobbly way, and I might discuss it/my own further later. I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around too much, but I do plan on giving it a test run.

How are you all this evening, morning, today?

Dapper Phantom

Track01_Rebuild
Desideraht
Went to the local PFLAG. It was a special trans night. We had a speaker, a post-op trans woman in her 50's. She looks AMAZING. Like she totally passes. She's really tall, though. And she looks really young for her age, I think, which is supposedly rare in trans women. Her story was great and she's just lovely. Kinda developed a harmless little crush on her. She said I was cute after the meeting, lol. <3 But yeah, at the group, the FtM who was scheduled to show up did not show up, so I kinda took his place. I'm glad I was there/

I thought you were leaving before it started? Either way, I'm glad you went/stayed/whatev too. Sounds like it was a great time. Reminds me that I should get my a** in gear and be more active in the community, too. Senior year is just kicking my a** already.
I don't exactly want people to share my posts on Facebook on Gaia. There's a reason why they're separate. I post a lot of things on there that people on Gaia would give me s**t over...

Anyway, yes, I was about to leave (and had just posted that status) when two of my friends showed up (both trans women). Basically when I was literally about to stand up and leave. They asked why I was sitting outside, and I said "Someone called me a girl. He didn't mean anything by it, but I freaked out and needed some fresh air." One of the girls said, "Running away from the dysphoria?" And I was so glad she said that (and she said it compassionately, not mockingly). It helped to have someone understand, and I said, "YES, exactly..." and we talked a little bit.

It was a PFLAG meeting about trans people. We were going to have a trans man and trans woman speak. Group was already starting and I realized that the trans man didn't show up. So I felt it was my, well, DUTY to stay. Because it was an educational panel for parents. I felt an FtM needed to be there and I was the only one. So I swallowed my fear and went to group and participated in the panel and I'm glad I did.

So in regards to the guy calling me a girl: what happened is that I was introducing myself, and he kept phrasing my name in a female way, and when his friend spelled my name out to him and said "D-A-N like DANIEL," he was like, "OHHH I thought you were a girl!" Mind you, this man was elderly, pushing his 70's, and a recent prostate cancer survivor. I would not be surprised if he could hardly see or hear me. I also was dressed semi-effeminately (I was wearing my work out clothes, which, on a really masculine-bodied guy would look manly, but I'm so short/thin, and it's all black, so you can't really see any real definition in it, etc, that yeah, I can see someone easily making that mistake). It was also PFLAG, so I don't think anyone necessarily EXPECTED transsexuals to be there, and my process is no where near "done".

Quote:
Quote:
Aaaand:

User Image

I love your tiny chin-beard! :3 Mine grew in about half in inch or so behind there, first, and spread out. I wish there was more on my chin, but I won't complain, I've turned into a hairy beast in the last few months.
I want sideburns, lol. But yeah, it won't really happen until I'm on injections for like a year. Yes some trans guys grow facial hair really fast but I don't expect myself to be one of them. Granted, my levels have NOT been checked even since I started taking testosterone in 2009, had my long dry period, and got back on again. I have never had my levels checked so they could be totally wrong. Good side? No breast growth or anything. So at least I know it's not WAY too high. However, it could be a little on the low side. If I find that out, it could explain why my changes aren't happening as quickly. On the other hand, my dad said he didn't get very real facial hair until he was around 25. I'm trying to be realistic and consider genetics.

Loiterer

Track01_Rebuild

YAY SO HAPPY FOR YOU! biggrin
I can get my gender marker changed on my license, but am not going to bother until I get my name legally changed, too.
Thank you! xD
I just published my name change in the paper, I pick up my affadavit on thursday. So friday (possibly) I will be LEGALLY (male name)! And if everything goes accordingly today, I will also have the note I need to change my sex on my birth cert (Which is a cali birth cert). Since it's happening so close together (honestly, did not expect this AT ALL) I was just going to change name and gender at the same time. x3

As far as license goes, I will also be changing name and gender at the same time... hahaha.

I just think it's really weird. I'll be legally male and I haven't even started T. It kinda feels like I'm going about transitioning the opposite way I should, lol. LOL WHATEVER WORKS RIGHT? rofl
VoidCrow
Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this thread is active at all, but I was just popping in to say hello. You may call me Void, because I don't really like people know too much about me. I see gender in a very wobbly way, and I might discuss it/my own further later. I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around too much, but I do plan on giving it a test run.

Hello! Yes, this thread is active, though it has its downtimes. I'm good, how are you?

And if you're bigender or agender don't worry, there's a few others here like that too.

Combative Punching Bag

8,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
Bornes

VoidCrow

Hello! Yes, this thread is active, though it has its downtimes. I'm good, how are you?

And if you're bigender or agender don't worry, there's a few others here like that too.
I'm feeling average, I guess. o ~o

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
VoidCrow

Hello Void, welcome to the thread. You can call me Trisha. This thread tends to remain fairly active. If you don't want to stick around then that's alright but you're welcome here anytime. If you have any questions or anything you wish to discuss then we're all here to listen.

Loiterer

User ImageSo I'm back from my psychologist appointment and I now hold in my hand a letter comprised of one sentence. This single sentence letter will change the gender marker on my NY State driver's license.

I also got the referral to endocrinology so I should be making an appointment with them very soon to begin my HRT.

Trying very hard to convince myself not to get too excited, here.
I cannot believe I ever questioned my psychologist. One meeting and all this stuff happened. I think I love her...

EDIT:
She couldn't write the letter needed to change my birth certificate BUT COINCIDENTALLY I have an appointment tomorrow with someone who I'm pretty sure can. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff