Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Hey. I'm trying to figure out my gender right now, so I'll be lurking around the thread a bit. Wanted to say hello smile

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
3DGlasses
Hey. I'm trying to figure out my gender right now, so I'll be lurking around the thread a bit. Wanted to say hello smile

Hello, welcome to the thread. Sometimes it can be very confusing when you're trying to figure out your gender. If you have any questions then don't be afraid to ask. We can try to help you but only you know who you are. Good luck.

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
3DGlasses

hihi 3d!
some people never find out exactly and thats ok with them! Maybe you're a mixture of both!
only you know for sure smile

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Desideraht
So when I style my hair more "conventional," people think I'm younger. I had my hair combed back in a more sophisticated way and people thought I was a lot younger today. Duly noted, lol. But I still passed as male.

Going to yoga at the LGBT center tomorrow morning. I guess I'll work out at the beach after that. Hoping to go to the weekly support meeting as well. Asked a coworker if he could cover me and he said he could if I asked everyone else and they said no. So basically that's what happened and I don't have his number so I had to message him on FB, lol. We've never had contact online so I hope he gets it... Want to friend him but not sure if I should friend coworkers. IDK, he's really chill. Plus I'm leaving this job in a couple months anyway.

The weekly support groups have really helped. I mean tremendously. And they kind of force me to hold myself accountable, keep track, and face my fears. It's really nice. You know people who have fully transitioned and s**t, they have it all squared off, and they can just live as "normal" men if they want, but I am far from that. So as much as I feel confident in my identity, I still need support because of how I look and s**t. I like to pretend like it doesn't bother me when people say I'm young/feminine, but it does. That being said, I also felt very hit on by some girls yesterday, and was getting a lot of "looks" if you get what I mean. I mean like I was getting checked out. It was refreshing.

Wow im super jealous of you... i told one of my teachers about my transliness the other day and the first thing they commented on was my feminine features... >.<
I went to my old high school and was hit on big time by some underage girls, that felt really good!!
And i know what you mean about knowing you're a man on the inside but looking so un-manly. I have no problems with self-image in my mind, i am uundoubtedly male! But when i look in the mirror is when i start to get all dysphoric and all that s**t...
I wish there was a weekly LGBT center near me ;___; i think there is a monthly one but i havent been able to get at the doctor.

Loiterer

theamazingwrabbit
User ImageGlad to see you moved threads. xP
If there's a Fleet & Family center on your base, you could try asking them for glbtq stuff.

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Bornes
theamazingwrabbit
User ImageGlad to see you moved threads. xP
If there's a Fleet & Family center on your base, you could try asking them for glbtq stuff.

oh god that sounds familiar... i dont know what it is >.> im not married or anything, i hear they only help families though. (yeah despite the name)
the thing is in the military trans is still a mental disorder. my chaplain really doesnt know how to help, i had to tell him what a transgender was.
yep, this thread is pretty cozy smile

Loiterer

Gonna answer this over here...

Yes, I know Trans is still a mental disorder-- that's not going to get you kicked out (Well, no tin the navy anyway).
Also, I only JUST separated this year. August 2012.
theamazingwrabbit

ahh, so going to the GNC on post to get some testosterone is not okay, but those guys who take 98374293 supplements and powders and god-knows-what its ok for them??? WTF. This is bullshit. i'm still tempted to go get some... did the T help you fitness wise at all? I really want it to pass better, not have this gayass voice and have such a female face/figure.

wow, like KP duty? sucks O__o
Not sure what KP duty is.

T helped me build muscle I guess, but as I said in the other post-- Testosterone is a drug and is treated like one. The stuff in GNC are Testosterone BOOSTERS which likely won't help you bulk up and a lot of guys (At least Marines-side) didn't like them.

Like I said in the other post, you want to bulk up, go talk to some body builders. They're all over the place. Find the guy who scores the excellent or higher on his PRT and ask him for tips.
Off the top of my head I'd say try Creatine. But don't just blindly buy s**t hoping it'll work. You'll ******** yourself over, especially because you're female.

You can TRY going into the GNC and asking for help but they get paid on commission so they will sell you whatever they feel like selling you that day. Ask a body builder.

ALSO, Training is not like the fleet at all. I'd really try to play it cool until you get to the fleet and your first duty station. The atmosphere is EXTREMELY different between training commands and real ones.

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Bornes
Gonna answer this over here...

Yes, I know Trans is still a mental disorder-- that's not going to get you kicked out (Well, no tin the navy anyway).
Also, I only JUST separated this year. August 2012.
theamazingwrabbit

ahh, so going to the GNC on post to get some testosterone is not okay, but those guys who take 98374293 supplements and powders and god-knows-what its ok for them??? WTF. This is bullshit. i'm still tempted to go get some... did the T help you fitness wise at all? I really want it to pass better, not have this gayass voice and have such a female face/figure.

wow, like KP duty? sucks O__o

T helped me build muscle I guess, but as I said in the other post-- Testosterone is a drug and is treated like one. The stuff in GNC are Testosterone BOOSTERS which likely won't help you bulk up and a lot of guys (At least Marines-side) didn't like them.

Like I said in the other post, you want to bulk up, go talk to some body builders. They're all over the place. Find the guy who scores the excellent or higher on his PRT and ask him for tips.
Off the top of my head I'd say try Creatine. But don't just blindly buy s**t hoping it'll work. You'll ******** yourself over, especially because you're female.

You can TRY going into the GNC and asking for help but they get paid on commission so they will sell you whatever they feel like selling you that day. Ask a body builder.

ALSO, Training is not like the fleet at all. I'd really try to play it cool until you get to the fleet and your first duty station. The atmosphere is EXTREMELY different between training commands and real ones.

I'm trying to keep in mind about the training environment being totally different, just like how basic was totally different from training status, etc. Im going to try and hang on longer, i have until may of next year, for a total of 1 year in tech school.

however i've heard about some people who take a natural transitioning, who take strange things that naturally block estrogen and boost testoterone. Does that count? How do they do that? :O

******** me over because i have a female body, because the stuff was designed for males?

Loiterer

theamazingwrabbit

I'm trying to keep in mind about the training environment being totally different, just like how basic was totally different from training status, etc. Im going to try and hang on longer, i have until may of next year, for a total of 1 year in tech school.

however i've heard about some people who take a natural transitioning, who take strange things that naturally block estrogen and boost testoterone. Does that count? How do they do that? :O

******** me over because i have a female body, because the stuff was designed for males?
User Image
I don't know anything myself about natural transitioning but I do keep hearing about it. I guess you could consult google on that one. Or maybe someone in this thread knows about it.

******** you over because, yes, you have a female body. It breaks down things differently than a male body does. Also, if you overdose on testosterone, or produce too much, and then do nothing with it, it turns into estrogen. It means you're more moody, and your boobs grow huge. When I was first playing around with T boosters and I had no idea what I was doing, I grew 1 -2 full cup sizes. s**t was ridiculous.

Hallowed Wench

Bornes
Isn't that working in the kitchen or peeling potatoes type stuff?

Loiterer

Umbral_Necropolitan
Bornes
User ImageIf I knew I wouldn't be asking about it! xd
Different branches name the same things differently...

Hallowed Wench

Bornes
Umbral_Necropolitan
Bornes
User ImageIf I knew I wouldn't be asking about it! xd
Different branches name the same things differently...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KP_duty
I was right. I remember my uncle who served in Vietnam talking about peeling potatoes one time, he did such a piss poor job on purpose (cut a whole potato into a small cube) that they never had him doing it again... although he was a conscript/drafted rather than enlisted.

Loiterer

Umbral_Necropolitan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KP_duty
I was right. I remember my uncle who served in Vietnam talking about peeling potatoes one time, he did such a piss poor job on purpose (cut a whole potato into a small cube) that they never had him doing it again... although he was a conscript/drafted rather than enlisted.
User Image...Wow... Who would've thoguht that sort of thing would be on wikipedia...
But yeah, that's exactly it.
The slang term for it now is "cranking". The actual term is FSA = food service assistant.
You get assigned to this if you are e-4 and below and stationed on a ship. You do it for 1 month.
If you get assigned to another ship and you're still e4 and below, guess who gets to go cranking again! Hahaha.

When I went cranking, I got wardroom (officer's mess) so it wasn't as shitty for me as it was for other people.

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Bornes
theamazingwrabbit

User Image
I don't know anything myself about natural transitioning but I do keep hearing about it. I guess you could consult google on that one. Or maybe someone in this thread knows about it.

******** you over because, yes, you have a female body. It breaks down things differently than a male body does. Also, if you overdose on testosterone, or produce too much, and then do nothing with it, it turns into estrogen. It means you're more moody, and your boobs grow huge. When I was first playing around with T boosters and I had no idea what I was doing, I grew 1 -2 full cup sizes. s**t was ridiculous.

holy crap that is pretty ******** ridiculous. Yeah i think as bad as my 32Ds are I'll keep them like this.
So i just have to work out? That never works! I want to lose fat, not so much gain muscle. i think i have a good amount of muscle but my boobies and hips and stuff need to go.

Loiterer

theamazingwrabbit

So i just have to work out? That never works! I want to lose fat, not so much gain muscle. i think i have a good amount of muscle but my boobies and hips and stuff need to go.
User ImageTalk to someone who goes to the gym a lot.

I worked with Marines and they basically turned into my personal trainers. You want to do something, they can come up with a plan on how to do it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff