Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Dapper Phantom

In other news, I got this card at the LGBT center. I've decided to transcribe it for the thread.

Quote:
Voting While Trans Checklist

Before Election Day
__ Check your voter registration status or register to vote at canivote.org.
__ Know what voter ID requirements are in your state and get the appropriate form of ID (if required).
__ Make sure your ID matches the same name and address on your voter registration at election time.
__ If possible, update the photo and gender marker on your ID. While this may help avoid problems, it is not required to vote.

On Election Day

__ Bring voter registration card, correct ID you verified (if required), this one-pager, and a utility bill showing the address where you are registered.
__ If poll workers question your eligibility to vote, show them the utility bill and the other side of this checklist.
__ If you are still not allowed to vote, request a provisional ballot. If you are forced to use a provisional ballot, you generally must return to election officials within a few days to prove your identity in order for your ballot to be counted.

If you cannot vote on election day, call the National Election Protection Hotline at 1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683) for help. If you cast a provisional ballot, the National Election Protection Hotline can help you make sure your ballot is counted.

Learn more at VotingWhileTrans.Org
And on the back:

Quote:
For Poll Workers and Election Officials

This resource was created and distributed by the National Center for Transgender Equality, a 501(c)3 social justice organization dedicated to advancing the equality of transgender people trough advocacy, collaboration and empowerment. The voter you are talking to is transgender. Here is some information that may be helpful to your job of ensuring a fair election:

• Gender discrepancies on ID are not a valid reason to deny a regular ballot. Transgender voters may have ID that indicates a different gender than what they look like. They may not have had the opportunity to update their ID yet, or may not be able to do so in your state. This does not mean their ID is invalid or fraudulent for voting purposes.

• Different clothing and hairstyle on an ID photo is not a valid reason to deny a regular ballot. Voters may look different today than on their photo ID for a lot of reasons-- they may even look like a different gender. As long as you can identify the voter from their picture, this is not a problem.

• "Cross-dressing" is not a valid reason to deny a regular ballot. A voter who appears to you to be cross-dressing may in face be simply dressing in accordance with their gender identity. They have the right to do so, and the way they are dressed should not impact their ability to cast a ballot.

• A voter's transgender status and medical history is private. Although you may be curious or confused about a voter's appearance, asking personal questions may be offensive and discouraging to voters, and isn't relevant to their right to vote.

• Transgender voters are not trying to do anything wrong-- they are just being themselves. Although this may be a new situation for you, this is their life everyday and they are just here to vote. Please help them do so.

For more information about voting rights in your state, please contact your county election supervisor.
This card is available for download here.

Dapper Phantom

MarigoldMari
Desideraht
I know it sounds annoying to correct them constantly, but how ******** annoying is it when they call you a girl? Who's getting annoyed more here? At their slight "inconvenience," you can correct their misgendering, or, to your injury, they can keep calling you a girl. There is no value to you taking it to make them "comfortable". If calling you a man annoys the ******** out of them, you really might actually need new friends. Change isn't easy, and they need to get that.

I know it's difficult to define what "acting gay" or "acting like a girl" means online, but if people are calling you a girl online, you are doing something to make them think you're a girl. Personally I don't like labels either, but the vast majority of the world uses them.

Well I never meant to say you wanted to be one of those J-rockers necessarily, but I do see a lot of trans guys idolize other people and basically try to transition into that person (or be virtually their clone). I just wanted to address that such an approach will only lead to disappointment, if you haven't been told that already. But beware this: If you choose the path of androgyny, you will always have people calling you a girl, so basically, you have to just not let it bother you. That being said, it is still unacceptable among people who KNOW you, like close family and friends. They should know, and respect, your pronoun-- without getting "annoyed". Do they REALLY think your existence as a man is ANNOYING? Who the ******** are THEY?

If you appear female in body, and wear female clothing, don't get all upset when people clock you as a female. That is the message you are sending people. Even men who wear drag, do not get all upset if someone calls them "she", because that is the message they are sending to the world. Take Jeffree Star for instance. He accepts both male and female pronouns, because he is an androgynous being, with a heavy feminine presentation. People genuinely cannot tell if he identifies as a man or a woman, and frankly, he likes it that way. So he will accept either pronoun.

If you are presenting feminine, have boobs, and other female traits, then don't expect people to see you as MALE. You are a "female boy who dresses like a girl". People are not going to see the boy part. I see way too many FtM cross dressers who get all pissed at people who can't read their minds. That's not fair.

I am the last person that will ever enforce "gender roles" or say that a man or woman as to be a "certain way". But if you look 100% female and dress 100% female you can't expect people to think you're a guy just by looking at you, and, they won't take it very seriously when you say you are one either. That is the general consensus. A female who dresses, acts, and looks entirely female but claims to be a male, in most people's minds, is just a poseur. And I am NOT saying that is what you are. I am just saying that is how people will perceive you. They think of it as a "phase" because your ACTION is not showing anything distinctly male. I am not telling you to change your manner, but I am telling you that this is how people will react to you as long as you are this way. So basically you just have to get used to it, especially from strangers. Though I still think you should stand up for pronouns with your friends. They might actually find it annoying because you present as female basically but want to be addressed as a male. They might be embarrassed calling you he because you appear to be a "she" to everyone because of how you dress/present yourself. I am NOT justifying their misgendering, I am just explaining why it may be difficult for them. So you have to push them harder if you want male pronouns. Enough said. You are asking for them to call someone who is visually female a male, and you don't even dress or present in a "male" fashion. It is not going to be easy for people to register this. This is why early in my transition, I went as butch as humanly possible. Then, after I was out for a couple years, I went more androgynous. It made early transition easier. Like I said, I am not telling you to do this, but it worked for me.

I'm not trying to invalidate you, either. I think you're reading a bit too deeply into this. I am the LAST person who would ever say a person has to follow gender roles. However, you are sending one message, and expecting people to read another. That is unreasonable.
You're very right at the first part of this. I'll try to correct them more often, but I also feel like they should GET IT already. Its been almost a year since I've told them and I correct them like once every two weeks with a major "guys, we need to talk sad " kind of thing. I think its more a problem of they first knew me as a girl person and now I'm asking them to recognize me as a male person and they just don't want to.

I'm thinking the majority of people who call me a girl are doing it because they're seeing my friends calling me a girl...just realized that.

You're right about strangers terming me a girl and how people who actually know me should respect that I want to be called by male pronouns. What you said really hit home. Gosh o.o so right.

If strangers clock me as female its fine when I'm dressed that way. I sort of expect to be termed female by strangers even when dressed as a guy because my face is very feminine. (Talking about irl). I've got all the facial features that many Korean girls would die to have and I'm like, "f*ck dammit".

But you're right about my friends should term me correctly if they care enough.

I'd write more but I think I have a fever. No joke. Going to lay down.
My general feeling is that you're just not being assertive enough. If you correct them once every two weeks or so, that means you quietly let them call you she for at least a week or two. The trick, really, is just to not let them do it without some sort of quiet nag. I have friends who have known me for almost 16 years... who for at least 12 of those years knew me as a "female," and they never slip with my pronouns. And they didn't before T, either. It happened a LITTLE at first, but I was persistent in making sure people knew that it wasn't just a "preference" for me, as much as it was a need. I made it clear that I really needed them to see the real me, and I wouldn't let "she's" slip by unless it was like, a really old person, or someone who didn't know me very well.

Yes, if people see your friends calling you "she", they will definitely follow in suit. That's kind of why this is important. If they see your friends calling you "he", they'll realize you're a cross-dresser, and not a girl. They might be skeptical, but let's just say your friends calling you "he" will make it a lot more believable for other people. It's a huge step. I presume you go by a male name, or is it really androgynous? That too, can be confusing.

Fortunately for you, a lot of Asian people are very androgynous looking, so it won't take a lot for you to be perceived as male, in my opinion.

Get well soon. Something is going around... my friend has a cold also.

Dapper Phantom

Having fun with make up.

User Image User Image User Image

I just love drawing cartoon-style eyebrows on.
xd Gonna wear a set up like this to group and see what people think, lol... I can't wear this to work, sadly.

I'm not making a mad face, btw. That's how I drew them out. The emotion of the eyebrows you draw on can change your whole look. It fascinates me, haha.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
I shaved my legs today! It feels amazing! Since I've been wearing pants for the past two or three weeks, and I'm going to be wearing pants for the next few months, I figured I could shave my legs without anyone realizing. I'm so glad I finally did it. I've been wanting to shave my legs for quite awhile now.

Dapper Phantom

Flickering Hope
I shaved my legs today! It feels amazing! Since I've been wearing pants for the past two or three weeks, and I'm going to be wearing pants for the next few months, I figured I could shave my legs without anyone realizing. I'm so glad I finally did it. I've been wanting to shave my legs for quite awhile now.
Good for you! Don't pants feel amazing when your legs are shaved? LOL. It's like denim is suddenly silk.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Desideraht
Flickering Hope
Good for you! Don't pants feel amazing when your legs are shaved? LOL. It's like denim is suddenly silk.

I find that it actually feels a little weird. I'm not used to the pants touching my skin. Usually there's hair in between my pants and the skin. It doesn't feel bad though. It feels great to have my legs shaved.

Lonely Saint

Been pretty MIA for a while in this topic. I think I managed to kill my depression low by indulging in an art spree, but I wouldn't be so certain yet, it's been two weeks and it can still come and knock down the door whenever without asking first. Mostly tried to not think about anything not immediately relevant.

I'm just sort of... surprised, really. We've had six shows for our version of the 70, Girls, 70 musical at the theatre now. It means I've been full-time passing for two and half months to the same people, obviously counting the practice time as well. Wow.
I've also topped one of what I thought would be a major obstacle for my future life with no problems whatsoever - I share the dressing room with three other male actors, and I've changed clothes with them around. Didn't even make me anxious, which was a complete surprise as well.
As far as I know, none of the ~25 actors know I'm trans, and every single one of the team takes me for a male from the get-go.

The most creepy part?
The hired band includes my former band teacher. I saw him one to two times a week for two years, I was his favourite student, we obviously talked a lot - he doesn't recognize me. Makes me feel like a proper ninja here, lol.

Tomorrow will be the last show for the play and I'm not nearly ready to let go of this group, they've been amazing. We have such an amazing team spirit, and they're all so nice people. For the first time in years I actually have a positive social experience. Whee!
Now, a lot of people have very non-discreetly implied that I "might" be cast again in the future (using quotations because... a lot of non-discreet implying = they just don't know to what role yet, in which play) so I'm not going to lose all of them, but it's still awful.

Also, I got a package addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Me. Just when I thought post couldn't get more awkward, I am now also married to myself. Oh well. rofl

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Flickering Hope

Whoa! I dont really know what that's like, i havent shaved my legs in about half a year :/
doesnt one usually shave so that they can show off their legs? haha

Both men and women shave their legs, like swimmers or runners, right? ^ ^
I'm guessing you're not out yet, so if someone asked i think you could say that as an explanation razz

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Oblivion Blades
Been pretty MIA for a while in this topic. I think I managed to kill my depression low by indulging in an art spree, but I wouldn't be so certain yet, it's been two weeks and it can still come and knock down the door whenever without asking first. Mostly tried to not think about anything not immediately relevant.

I'm just sort of... surprised, really. We've had six shows for our version of the 70, Girls, 70 musical at the theatre now. It means I've been full-time passing for two and half months to the same people, obviously counting the practice time as well. Wow.
I've also topped one of what I thought would be a major obstacle for my future life with no problems whatsoever - I share the dressing room with three other male actors, and I've changed clothes with them around. Didn't even make me anxious, which was a complete surprise as well.
As far as I know, none of the ~25 actors know I'm trans, and every single one of the team takes me for a male from the get-go.

The most creepy part?
The hired band includes my former band teacher. I saw him one to two times a week for two years, I was his favourite student, we obviously talked a lot - he doesn't recognize me. Makes me feel like a proper ninja here, lol.

Tomorrow will be the last show for the play and I'm not nearly ready to let go of this group, they've been amazing. We have such an amazing team spirit, and they're all so nice people. For the first time in years I actually have a positive social experience. Whee!
Now, a lot of people have very non-discreetly implied that I "might" be cast again in the future (using quotations because... a lot of non-discreet implying = they just don't know to what role yet, in which play) so I'm not going to lose all of them, but it's still awful.

Also, I got a package addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Me. Just when I thought post couldn't get more awkward, I am now also married to myself. Oh well. rofl

Holy crap ;o;
I want to be as ninja-like as you! For now, it's like every time someone refers to me as a male I'll celebrate and be like "YESSS I GOT SIR'ED!"
That's pretty cool! So you pass onstage too! I bet you're so ninja because of your acting skills biggrin

Lol thats what happens when you let the gays marry, next you'll be allowed to marry yourself wink

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Desideraht
Having fun with make up.

xd Gonna wear a set up like this to group and see what people think, lol... I can't wear this to work, sadly.

I'm not making a mad face, btw. That's how I drew them out. The emotion of the eyebrows you draw on can change your whole look. It fascinates me, haha.

Ah that's pretty cool!
Also strangely, i find that if i act angrier i pass better. Is it the same way for you?

you look like a friend of mine, minus his tattoo sleeve razz

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Desideraht
theamazingwrabbit
Desideraht
theamazingwrabbit
Desideraht
Tonight's update:

Tonight was CRAZY.

lol, sounds like you had a LOT of fun... where do you go? Is that at a bar, or club, or what?

Man it's too bad about your boyfriend! If i had any relationship experience i'd help you but unfortunately thats not the case...
best wishes.
An LGBT group. Like... a support group, lol. There was a lot of fun side conversations and stuff after, though.

And yeah, the relationship is... dissolving. Naturally. It's like I can't stop it. I'm not into him anymore. It's weird.

As for fashions... I'm dressing goth/punk/alternative sort of stuff. Really dark stuff. I want to get more leather but it's expensive, haha.

Well i think at this point then the relationship has naturally come to a point where you need to stop u.u GO OUT THERE MAN score some ladies/mans whatever you want.

ah that's pretty cool! I was trying to get into Ouji/Dandy fashions just to wear by myself, but i also wanted to look grown up in public so i should probably get some more button-up shirts. Maybe if i dress like a hipster then I'll pass better...
What I WANT... is to ******** a girl or trans guy and get them to climax so I can feel like I can have a good sex life without a p***s. But I don't want a relationship. ******** that. Relationships? Not what I want. Like, ever again. I can't trust people. I want sex without strings attached and with someone open-minded who I'm attracted to. I want the trust to be skin deep-- just provided that we both are STD-free. That's it. I don't want commitment or any other s**t that I have to rely on someone else on.

Honestly I tried the whole dapper thing and I didn't like the way it made people perceive me.

Hmm, I have had successful sexual experiences but i think for me sex isnt really a big deal to me. I'd be perfectly fine masturbating away my whole life but I really want a real relationship, so we're total opposites in that regard!
I dont know if it was because of how i am, i was sexually, mentally, emotionally abused for a very long period of time, so i definitely prefer a good emotional relationship over just some sex. Sure i get horny now and again but i could fix that myself, you know?

So did dressing dapper make people think you were a bit upperclass? How did people start treating you?

Dapper Phantom

theamazingwrabbit
So did dressing dapper make people think you were a bit upperclass? How did people start treating you?
Well I dressed kind of run-down dapper. Like middle class 1945.

Dapper Phantom

theamazingwrabbit
Desideraht
Having fun with make up.

Ah that's pretty cool!
Also strangely, i find that if i act angrier i pass better. Is it the same way for you?

you look like a friend of mine, minus his tattoo sleeve razz
Danke. <3

Not really. I think trans men who act overly aggressive just look like angry dykes. Women often think acting super pissed will make them manly, which is totally not what being male is about.

In my case, I have always run a little "hot", if you get what I mean, but I don't "act angrier", necessarily? I've always been a pretty cynical person. I don't act any more angrier than I always have, if that makes sense? Basically I'm a quiet pessimist, always have been. But at the same time, I am generally nice to people. I don't go walking around being angry.

It's OK, I'm gonna start working on a sleeve, lol. I want a chest piece but I'm worried it could stretch post-op, so I have to start somewhere else.

Loiterer

User ImageGot 100 hot wings for my 25th bday yesterday. I will be eating hot wings as leftovers for a longass time, now. I can't complain, lol. xP

My uncle's birthday's today, so since mine was yesterday we're going to red lobster to celebrate both of us. Not sure why I'm posting here... I had something trans-related involving this, but I can't remember what it is now.
Oh well.

Hallowed Wench

Bornes
User ImageGot 100 hot wings for my 25th bday yesterday. I will be eating hot wings as leftovers for a longass time, now. I can't complain, lol. xP

My uncle's birthday's today, so since mine was yesterday we're going to red lobster to celebrate both of us. Not sure why I'm posting here... I had something trans-related involving this, but I can't remember what it is now.
Oh well.
So lucky... I've been having acid reflux problems for a few days now, God only knows if or when I'll be able to eat tasty food again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff