No 0.17908359566282 17.9% [ 512 ]
Total Votes:[ 2859 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 692 693 694 > >> >>> »|

Ruthless Raider

7,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Get over yourself...everyone does it, I do, my bff does...wtf does it matter??

Original Gaian

7,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
summer1412
turbid blue
Well this thread looks like a circle jerk of regulars.

Thanks for your contribution, very helpful.

I couldn't think of anything to say to that poster.
GoddessDivine
Daimin, thank you so much for your insightful post. You said pretty much everything that I think. I am extremely proud of you for having the bravery to post your thoughts and experiences. You seem such a strong individual, and I very much enjoyed being able to read your points. It was in no way a rant, and I consider this thread all the more rich for your presence.

Eh, thanks. It's not so much bravery really, I'm quite the extrovert (all things considered) and have no problem stating my opinion on anything.
Strong now, not so much a few years back. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger or something like that.
lol. Anything longer than 4 paragraphs is a rant to me...LOL.

@ Summer: Thanks. i try to be as...elioquent as possible. Most of the time anyway, on the touchy subjects at least.

@ Spiffy: No problem. I'm pretty much recovered yeah. I mean I doubt some things will ever fully go away but I can deal with it. I might pop by randomly, though I tend to forget I'm part of threads and guilds...lol. And I stress communication so much because if I had actually used the whole communication theory, I wouldn't have done half the stuff I did back when I was a bit younger.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
JeLlO_PoWeLl

No, not everyone does it. Besides, what do I have to get over anyway? I would like proof that everyone does it besides you and your best friend. That's only two people mentioned.

It matters because self harm is something that affects a lot of people from various backgrounds and situations. People who self harm are struggling with something whether it be rape, abuse, Depression, mental disorders, family issues, etc.

I recognized you from somewhere---you were the girl who made the other "Cutting" thread from a day or two ago.

Eloquent Conversationalist

JeLlO_PoWeLl
Precisely why are we supposed to 'get over ourselves'? We're here to contribute to the issue. No, not everyone does it, which is why we're here to shed some light onto the situation. Thanks for your miniscule contribution though.

Daimin VonRavenstone
GoddessDivine
Daimin, thank you so much for your insightful post. You said pretty much everything that I think. I am extremely proud of you for having the bravery to post your thoughts and experiences. You seem such a strong individual, and I very much enjoyed being able to read your points. It was in no way a rant, and I consider this thread all the more rich for your presence.

Eh, thanks. It's not so much bravery really, I'm quite the extrovert (all things considered) and have no problem stating my opinion on anything.
Strong now, not so much a few years back. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger or something like that.

@ Summer: Thanks. i try to be as...elioquent as possible. Most of the time anyway, on the touchy subjects at least.

@ Spiffy: No problem. I'm pretty much recovered yeah. I mean I doubt some things will ever fully go away but I can deal with it. I might pop by randomly, though I tend to forget I'm part of threads and guilds...lol. And I stress communication so much because if I had actually used the whole communication theory, I wouldn't have done half the stuff I did back when I was a bit younger.
Yes, Frederick Nietsche actually. A very wise quote in terms of this issue. Oh, I only consider rants 8 full paragraphs and with some form of annoyance or anger their inflection.

Original Gaian

7,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
JeLlO_PoWeLl

By "it" do you mean self harm?

What makes you think it does not matter?

Any desire to discuss the issue further?

Why did you say (to no one in particular) to get over their self, and what are they meant to get over?

Your post really didn't make much sense and wasn't very specific... but I think that it shows that you might not understand why to attempt to quit self harming..

If that is the case, what are your reasons for self harm?

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
JeLlO_PoWeLl
WTH do you mean, get over yourself? everyone does not do it, and this thread is here to help people understand what it is. if you are a true friend to your 'so called bff' you wouldnt be so nonchalant about it, you should want to find a way to help them.
Used to self harm, ice and salt was my favorite. I relapse occasionally. I'm really, actually happy now.

People don't really want to hear my story, so I won't waste my time.

Also, the only thing that TWLOHA has done right, imo, is sell shirts for Casey Calvert.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
GoddessDivine
Daimin VonRavenstone
GoddessDivine

Yes, Frederick Nietsche actually. A very wise quote in terms of this issue. Oh, I only consider rants 8 full paragraphs and with some form of annoyance or anger their inflection.

Rants don't also have to include anger, but rants are often caused by people being frustrated by something. Opinions may vary of what a rant is, however. Rants can be any length, but usually they tend to be lengthy.

As times goes by I am believing what kills me does make me stronger, or at least slightly more immune the next time it happens. There's a few exceptions to this, such as rape, abuse. But even that depends on the person.

questa notte
Used to self harm, ice and salt was my favorite. I relapse occasionally. I'm really, actually happy now.

Also, the only thing that TWLOHA has done right, imo, is sell shirts for Casey Calvert.
Salt and ice is something that I haven't heard or seen before. Would you mind explaining?

Actually, if you'd be willing, I'd be very intrigued and moved to read your story. So, you're very welcome to post it if you feel comfortable enough to.
Silversan

Thank you for posting.

I agree with the points that you have made. Each self harmer is difference, and they have difference needs. This fact does not stop at recovery. "What may work for one, might not work for another..." That's true. Therapy might work for one self harmer, but the other self harmer might find comfort in journaling their emotions instead as a way to recover. People need to find out what's best for them, and if it works, it works.

People who claim that Depression is not a mental disorder or that it does not exist probably do not know much about it. While there are emotional symptoms, there are also physical symptoms associated with Depression and other mental disorders. I would consider change in sleeping habits to aches and pains as a physical symptom. I'm sure most of us have seen that commercial advertising that one medication that treats the physical AND emotional symptoms of Depression. There's truth to that.

I agree---people who go through mental disorders and traumatic events are strong. They have courage.

Now, if someone is cutting themselves for attention they still have an issue. They still need some form of help. I also don't like how people assume that just because someone self harms that they might be an emo. Emo is just another stereotypes, and stereotypes are usually exaggerated. While they have some basis, that basis has been stretched and torn apart a long time ago. Most people do not fit into stereotypes 100% if at all.

I wish the best for you. Good luck.

You're welcome.

I've known a lot of people in various situations so I see it all the time that what works for me, might not work for someone else.

Saddly, a lot of people who don't personally know someone with depression or who haven't been through it themselves just blow it off to being 'sad'. I was in a discussion with someone one night where he said he knew the difference then in the next paragraph said I was 'better than that and could get over it'. Yeah, okay....lol.

True, they would still have an issue and need help. Just not the kind of help they think they need. Ah I hate that whole emo stereotype. The only reason I mentioned it is because I really don't know what else to call those kids. And true, no one really fits into one stereotype anymore, that's why you have things like punk rocker and goth-a-billy or what not. Everyone should just drop the stupid stereotypes and be themselves. Cold day in hell before that happens though...lol.

Thank you. smile

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
questa notte

I wouldn't mind listening to your story, but it is your choice if you want to tell it not. This said, it's been awhile since I heard about the salt and ice method. It's basically a chemical reaction.

Casey Calvert?

Original Gaian

7,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
GoddessDivine
questa notte

Salt and ice is something that I haven't heard or seen before. Would you mind explaining?

Actually, if you'd be willing, I'd be very intrigued and moved to read your story. So, you're very welcome to post it if you feel comfortable enough to.

Agree. I would want to read it as well, but no pressure to post it unless you truly want to.

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
spiffyschmoo
GoddessDivine
questa notte

Agree. I would want to read it as well, but no pressure to post it unless you truly want to.
srry for quoting, but ditto

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces