Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you self harm?

Yes 0.35816719132564 35.8% [ 1024 ]
I used to, but I recovered 0.32668765302553 32.7% [ 934 ]
I don't, but I know someone who does 0.13606155998601 13.6% [ 389 ]
No 0.17908359566282 17.9% [ 512 ]
Total Votes:[ 2859 ]
< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 692 693 694 > >> >>> »|

I started cutting about 2 months ago....I kinda want to stop but i am going though some stuff right now and it only makes it harder. I have suicidal thoughts sometimes. Um...I don't really know what else to say...

Eloquent Conversationalist

questa notte
summer1412
Do it, lol.

I hate doctors, they think a piece of paper and age surpasses what someone else is experiencing. Yes, there are things that can be accounted for with different symptoms but...still. It's stupid.

I'm gonna try. It's hard for me to get in, though, since I can't drive, and my mum's working all the time.

@Goddess, I sing in Italian for fun, really. Sing along to some Josh Groban, Sarah Brightman, and Andrea Bocelli. Good stuff.

I get that a lot. I take care of her, I owe her so much. She saved my life.

My parents CAN'T make rules about my internet. They know it's what I'm doing with my life, and that I do EVERYTHING on the compy, homeworks, and things for college, and the like. Considering they were stupid enough to buy me a lappy.
I sang classically for 13 years, and trained in opera for 4. I took a year off for college this year though.

I understand completely.

I do too, I'd be useless without my Simon. (Simon is my Macbook Pro)
GoddessDivine
I've heard that writing things on your body, or putting notes in a... satchel, of sorts, that you hang around your neck, helps a little so that you don't lose things as often.

I get reprimanded for writing things on my skin, plus I can't keep permanent marker on my body in excess of 7 hours. I'm going to start carrying a purse, though, to keep my meds on me all the time, without looking too weird about it.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
GoddessDivine
questa notte
Silversan

I am waiting to bring the issue of my leg pain the next time I go to my doctor. It has been a few years since I bothered seeking help for the pain, and I don't have to bother going to my pediatrician anymore. I already know my pain is muscle related. It hurts even when I am not stressed out.

I was on medication for awhile. I was on Wellbutrin before they switched me to Zoloft. I stopped taking them because it did not help me. I would rather talk to someone because that helps a lot more than pills do.

Short-term memory loss is a problem. I would say to write down things, but I know in some cases it doesn't always help. I'm sure you've gotten suggestions on how to manager it already.

Leg pain is awful stuff. I've got a lot of chronic things wrong with my health. Sometimes I can't walk at all from my ankle. It's really a mess.

Yeah, I have a friend that was told, "if you don't take these meds, we can't help you." He gave up on fighting them.

THEY WON'T TELL ME ANY WAYS TO MANAGE IT! I've asked, and they just tell me it's no issue! I would write things down if I didn't lose the things I wrote it down on, or forgot that I wrote it down in the first place. I find things I wrote to myself as to not forget all the time, and go oops. Ahaha.
I've heard that writing things on your body, or putting notes in a... satchel, of sorts, that you hang around your neck, helps a little so that you don't lose things as often.

That's actually a good idea. I should keep that in mine for myself.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
We_ got _cookies
I started cutting about 2 months ago....I kinda want to stop but i am going though some stuff right now and it only makes it harder. I have suicidal thoughts sometimes. Um...I don't really know what else to say...

If you ever want to talk, feel free to come here or PM me. There's also a lot of good guilds and support forums on the internet as well. Also, are you ready to stop? I understand that is can be scary when you are going through tough times. I understand completely. I only hope for the best for you.

questa notte
GoddessDivine

I get reprimanded for writing things on my skin, plus I can't keep permanent marker on my body in excess of 7 hours. I'm going to start carrying a purse, though, to keep my meds on me all the time, without looking too weird about it.
I always have a purse (Or you could use a stylish messenger bag) to keep all my essentials. Actually, I found a silver case for pills that so cute. It fits in the palm of my hand, has 4 compartments, is about an inch thick, and has a really pretty design in green on the front. It's designed by Glam. I got it for Christmas. I use it all the time, it's really useful.
GoddessDivine
I sang classically for 13 years, and trained in opera for 4. I took a year off for college this year though.

I understand completely.

OH MY GOD. I'm so jealous. I've sang for six years, for pleasure, but hell, I want to sing classical/opera, and the like. SOOOO jealous.

Airell is my little lappy. He can't run big pretty games, though, so Imma build a desky to fix that problem. <3 He runs all my programs that I teach kids, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, GIMP, robotics stuff, Flash, etc. So he's pretty cluttered up now. Might be needing an external hard drive soon.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
We_ got _cookies

Thank you for posting, sweetheart. Suicidal thoughts are somewhat normal when someone harms. I've attempted my life twice, and will never do it again.

Stopping is hard, and the road to recovery is full of hurdles, but you can do it if you push yourself.

You don't really have to explain yourself in detail, just talk. Tell us how you're feeling. Say whatever you want to say. There is no judgment here, sweetie. This is a safe place.

Original Gaian

7,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
questa notte

THEY WON'T TELL ME ANY WAYS TO MANAGE IT! I've asked, and they just tell me it's no issue! I would write things down if I didn't lose the things I wrote it down on, or forgot that I wrote it down in the first place. I find things I wrote to myself as to not forget all the time, and go oops. Ahaha.

I have learned that the best method for me to gain my memories back and short term memory especially, was to repeat things over and over in my head every time I thought of it until it faded. If I forgot it there's no point in trying to remember, but the next time I remember it I repeat it and try to hold it for a few minutes longer.

Eventually I managed to increase my short term memory span to pretty much an hour. Sometimes a day, if nothing hectic goes on.
GoddessDivine
I always have a purse (Or you could use a stylish messenger bag) to keep all my essentials. Actually, I found a silver case for pills that so cute. It fits in the palm of my hand, has 4 compartments, is about an inch thick, and has a really pretty design in green on the front. It's designed by Glam. I got it for Christmas. I use it all the time, it's really useful.

I have a few really cute purses that I'll be using. I'm probably just going to throw it inside my pac man backpack for school, though.

O___O I want a pretty pill case now. I'm super jealous.

questa notte
GoddessDivine

I understand completely.

OH MY GOD. I'm so jealous. I've sang for six years, for pleasure, but hell, I want to sing classical/opera, and the like. SOOOO jealous.

Airell is my little lappy. He can't run big pretty games, though, so Imma build a desky to fix that problem. <3 He runs all my programs that I teach kids, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, GIMP, robotics stuff, Flash, etc. So he's pretty cluttered up now. Might be needing an external hard drive soon.
I'm a soprano, I love it. It was actually such a driving force in my life.

Oh wow, that sounds cool. The only things I use on Simon are Pages, iTunes, MSN, LimeWire and Safari. I have a time capsule though, just in case.

Original Gaian

7,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
summer1412
We_ got _cookies

Thank you for posting, sweetheart. Suicidal thoughts are somewhat normal when someone harms. I've attempted my life twice, and will never do it again.

Stopping is hard, and the road to recovery is full of hurdles, but you can do it if you push yourself.

You don't really have to explain yourself in detail, just talk. Tell us how you're feeling. Say whatever you want to say. There is no judgment here, sweetie. This is a safe place.

Yeah, If you need someone to talk to, you can always stop here and we will both help you and defend you.

questa notte
GoddessDivine

I have a few really cute purses that I'll be using. I'm probably just going to throw it inside my pac man backpack for school, though.

O___O I want a pretty pill case now. I'm super jealous.
I'm a purse-holic. I love them. I've got 19 at the moment.

Well, now you can get one!

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
spiffyschmoo
summer1412
We_ got _cookies

Yeah, If you need someone to talk to, you can always stop here and we will both help you and defend you.

Plus, I am usually online throughout the day. =)
spiffyschmoo

I have learned that the best method for me to gain my memories back and short term memory especially, was to repeat things over and over in my head every time I thought of it until it faded. If I forgot it there's no point in trying to remember, but the next time I remember it I repeat it and try to hold it for a few minutes longer.

Eventually I managed to increase my short term memory span to pretty much an hour. Sometimes a day, if nothing hectic goes on.

Hm, that's interesting, I'll try that.
My doc says that my issue is my lack of sleep, but when I sleep, I remember less.

@Goddess, LUCKY LUCKY. I want vocal training. ): I'm not a very good vocalist.

I dislike Macs strongly. Actually, most everything by Apple I pretty much hate. :/ Save the iPhone, but only for the capabilities.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff